Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,001 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 366,030
Pageviews Today: 578,339Threads Today: 197Posts Today: 2,863
07:18 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Chaol

User ID: 26646690
Thailand
11/05/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
Still, I'm down to hang out if you're ever around. Hell, I've sought "you" out in deep meditation and lucid dreams. I want to see how I render the you most relative "irl".
 Quoting: Jesse Sovoda

:)
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are you suggesting that somehow the ebb and flow of nature is in sync, the tides of the universe and all it has to offer is in sync, the functions of our bodies are in sync, but not our brains?

It is an interesting hold.
 Quoting: Chaol

Yes, but our actions have altered the flow of everything around us. I don't even want to think of the destruction we would cause if we were released out onto the galaxy with our current mindset. Would be terrible.
 Quoting: Issius Ulmonus

hehe.. we have all ready been released! It's called Earth.

But all on and of Earth is still in balance with existence, and in sync.

Last Edited by Chaol on 11/05/2012 09:23 PM
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you mean it could be scary to him if I see him as my friend and I want to learn from him? I'm firm enough that I'm presenting as clean a slate as I can to learn Ecsys.

I appreciate your input so please talk to me about this. The last thing I want to do is scare him away.

Is the uncertainty factor something that makes this all better for you? I do believe he has encouraged us to make this what we need for ourselves....light entertainment or whatever. I've come to the place where I don't care what his agenda is. I see the value in the message.

Edit: Btw Jesse, one reason I love to talk to you is that you always bring in a factor that I don't usually think of. Thank you for that.
 Quoting: Unit3

Really, I cannot think of anything that I could do that would:

1) Make everyone "certain" that what I am saying has immense value; while,

2) not scaring (or inducing resistance in) the great majority of those who experience it

3) does not satisfy curiosity instead of serving a real purpose; and

4) utilizes the least amount of energy, all things considered. (For example, getting everyone to dream the same thing on a particular day would certainly be profound but there would be a lot of energy wasted afterwards, and would serve no real purpose other than to promote confusion)

and no, this isn't a challenge for anyone to think of something I could do to "prove" it.

The moment I prove anything is the moment when I stop being seen as mortal.

Shoot me a personal message, show me. I will keep your secret.stoner

lol! That would be #3, wouldn't it?

It's more interesting to give 'just enough' to keep interest but not too much that someone is likely to resist (or be afraid).
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
As I see it, there is no galaxy without you.

hf

Now here's a good love story!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22018224
United States
11/05/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are you suggesting that somehow the ebb and flow of nature is in sync, the tides of the universe and all it has to offer is in sync, the functions of our bodies are in sync, but not our brains?

It is an interesting hold.

Yes, but our actions have altered the flow of everything around us. I don't even want to think of the destruction we would cause if we were released out onto the galaxy with our current mindset. Would be terrible.

hehe.. we have all ready been released! It's called Earth.

But all on and of Earth are still in balance with existence, and in sync.

Ha ha. yea I cannot argue at all with this. Sometimes I forget that it's just a ride. :D
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
One last question before I go back to listening from afar. Did you 'know' that you would meet your girlfriend at that point of time? forgive me if this was already asked.

No. However, I knew what this "someone I should interact with" looked like and the location where she was most likely to be.

It followed that it was likely that she would be there when I got there (or I should at least wait around for a few days).

I did not know that she would be my girlfriend. I just knew that I had to meet her. After a few days of having met her it occurred to me.

I'm a bit slow sometimes :)
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 18520887
United States
11/05/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you mean it could be scary to him if I see him as my friend and I want to learn from him? I'm firm enough that I'm presenting as clean a slate as I can to learn Ecsys.

I appreciate your input so please talk to me about this. The last thing I want to do is scare him away.

Is the uncertainty factor something that makes this all better for you? I do believe he has encouraged us to make this what we need for ourselves....light entertainment or whatever. I've come to the place where I don't care what his agenda is. I see the value in the message.

Edit: Btw Jesse, one reason I love to talk to you is that you always bring in a factor that I don't usually think of. Thank you for that.

2) not scaring (or inducing resistance in) the great majority of those who experience it

4) utilizes the least amount of energy, all things considered. (For example, getting everyone to dream the same thing on a particular day would certainly be profound but there would be a lot of energy wasted afterwards, and would serve no real purpose other than to promote confusion)

and no, this isn't a challenge for anyone to think of something I could do to "prove" it.

It's more interesting to give 'just enough' to keep interest but not too much that someone is likely to resist (or be afraid).

No need for Allies still woking their way through first grade?
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/05/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
One last question before I go back to listening from afar. Did you 'know' that you would meet your girlfriend at that point of time? forgive me if this was already asked.

Edit*
I ask because I have a feeling about a girl. Don't laugh Chaol! ha
Qarley

User ID: 26567279
United States
11/05/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you think there is a possibility we could scare him away with requests like this? I mean, how firm are you willing to be? I believe Chaol's credibility is rooted in the uncertainty on who or what he/she/it is.

I'd still follow these threads if he came clean on the possibility he is fantasizing the whole thing. What if he admitted to reminding us this is all just "light entertainment" to absolve himself of any sense of guilt? I think any of it could be possible, or none of it. The information he provides is ambiguous, intelligent, intriguing, fascinating and resonates with me.

Yes, it's all a hoax. You got me! I am making all this up. I have been watching too many episodes of Laverne & Shirley. Whenever someone asks a question I quickly refer to some books in my library and type as fast as I can.

I did't write it. Someone else did.

Better there be doubt and some thought as to whether or not what I am saying applies to you or your reality, rather than thinking "is he for real?"

If I were really from an alternate universe would I be posting on this website? I would be.. um.. posting on some other website. Or maybe I would fly to the White House or UN building or something and tell them that I come in peace. Or take over the international airwaves with a message of some kind :)

All jokes aside, if you think what we're all discussing has some value for you then it probably benefits your understanding of reality.

If you haven't thought that I am just a regular Joe with too much time on my hands and an active imagination, then I haven't tried hard enough.

But, really, wouldn't that be the way to get past the defensive gates of your mind? Michel de Nostredame comes to mind. Any message that has survived for centuries only does so because it is enveloped in an other kind of package that people don't care to resist. Without the built-in foolishness we would not be on the page # that we're on.

So... I'm just a guy in my mother's basement with some kind of mental illness :)

Like you said it's all about perspective. Im not done reading everything posted here. But instead of calling BS or trying to figure out if all this is "right"... I just read between the lines and gain a new perspective.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

No need for Allies still woking their way through first grade?

That's why we have this forum!
Chaol

Thailand
11/05/2012 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Edit*

care to say hi and see where it leads?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/05/2012 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Edit*

care to say hi and see where it leads?

It's not like that at all, we hang out at least every other weekend. It's just that whenever i'm around her everything is so convenient. Like everything just falls into place. Ah I don't know, like I said just a feeling ha.

fixed typo*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5877556
Canada
11/05/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
So is anyone against helping me achieve a position on the PGA Tour earning $5M per year for 10 years using the November 17th nexus?
Unit3

User ID: 9834739
United States
11/05/2012 10:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I switched my goal to Wealth. Then, I purchased a lottery ticket as the symbol. I didn't make a symbol because you told me once it's better to get something new to you.
[snips]

To create something new, rather than get something new.

(tuuuuur's representation of his "old" toy car is somewhat different as I interfered somewhat in the process in order to illustrate, similar to an interference with your 'island' query)

Chaol, I love ya but I am confused. The bold above, you tell me to create something new.

You told me in a post (in the link below) that symbols we create ourselves are not as powerful. I can make my own sigils and would prefer to do so but because of the post in this link, I quit making them and started finding symbols...such as a lottery ticket.

Thread: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking. (Page 175)

So, do you see why I am confused?

Hi.

I believe you may have misinterpreted it. Please check again.

I am sure I have probably misinterpreted. No problem with that. But, check what again? In the first post, I asked about using a symbol I received in meditation. You said no, it's not as powerful because it came from my mind.

Anyway, the question is: is it more powerful to start off with a new symbol I create myself, for example taking toothpicks and taping them together....or is it more powerful to find something, like purchase a lottery ticket, which is a new symbol to me?

Last Edited by ERE3 on 11/05/2012 10:29 PM
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka
Unit3

United States
11/05/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Chaol, it's time for you to get over yourself. I appreciate your the purity of your intentions that we get the message and separate it from the messenger. But, it's just not possible. Our anthropologists and scientists have realized themselves, that they cannot study an environment without influencing it.

You are one of us now. We will learn this as fast as we can so you can just be a regular guy, but until then, you are still our friend. And, teaching us something we want to learn.

Of course, you're hearing this from someone who is tired of virtual reality, tired of being on the Truman Show....really, we have over 250,000 views on this thread alone? Who are you?

And a hand full of people posting? Why aren't the rest of you people posting? Tell us hi. Tell us you want to learn. Tell us when you can help us. Or not! cool2

Plus, it's a little difficult to learn when the land beneath your feet and the sky above your head is changing so rapidly.

Major Man, I'm in on your experiment. And thank you for offering. As we can all see, Chaol appreciates it. He has repeatedly told us he doesn't want to be seen as anything other than a regular guy.

I'll think about your proposal and be back with input if I have any. TY.

OK....rant

Do you think there is a possibility we could scare him away with requests like this? I mean, how firm are you willing to be? I believe Chaol's credibility is rooted in the uncertainty on who or what he/she/it is.

I'd still follow these threads if he came clean on the possibility he is fantasizing the whole thing. What if he admitted to reminding us this is all just "light entertainment" to absolve himself of any sense of guilt? I think any of it could be possible, or none of it. The information he provides is ambiguous, intelligent, intriguing, fascinating and resonates with me.

Na, I don't think that's really the case. I just over-analyze.

Thank you for your sincere concern, though. If he takes off and gives up on all this(which he will have to eventually anyway) then I'll move on. He is one of many sources of information. I just happen to like his flavor.

There is something fascinating about the unknown, ANYTHING could be there. What better place for the Genius to discover? I was just trying to express a fear (that Chaol is a complete doucher and made it all up as a messianic fantasy) and a fantasy (that he's providing the Truth he denies "exists").

hf

Thanks for your honesty.

Yes, there is something fascinating about the unknown and I am exploring it the best I can.

I admit, I don't look forward to the day when Chaol might take off. That's one reason I'm trying to learn this for myself. I don't like depending on someone else.

As far as his agenda, I don't care what it is. I see truth in what he is teaching and that's what I care about. I want to learn this....really bad, LOL!

hf
Unit3

United States
11/05/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I switched my goal to Wealth. Then, I purchased a lottery ticket as the symbol. I didn't make a symbol because you told me once it's better to get something new to you.
[snips]

To create something new, rather than get something new.

(tuuuuur's representation of his "old" toy car is somewhat different as I interfered somewhat in the process in order to illustrate, similar to an interference with your 'island' query)

Chaol, it's time for you to get over yourself. I appreciate your the purity of your intentions that we get the message and separate it from the messenger. But, it's just not possible. Our anthropologists and scientists have realized themselves, that they cannot study an environment without influencing it.

You are one of us now. We will learn this as fast as we can so you can just be a regular guy, but until then, you are still our friend. And, teaching us something we want to learn.

Of course, you're hearing this from someone who is tired of virtual reality, tired of being on the Truman Show....really, we have over 250,000 views on this thread alone? Who are you?

And a hand full of people posting? Why aren't the rest of you people posting? Tell us hi. Tell us you want to learn. Tell us when you can help us. Or not! cool2

Plus, it's a little difficult to learn when the land beneath your feet and the sky above your head is changing so rapidly.

Major Man, I'm in on your experiment. And thank you for offering. As we can all see, Chaol appreciates it. He has repeatedly told us he doesn't want to be seen as anything other than a regular guy.

I'll think about your proposal and be back with input if I have any. TY.

OK....rant

Good to know.

However, I mentioned that I'd rather talk about Ecsys, not myself. I know that I can only be perceived as a "regular guy" walking down the street.

If I ask Unit3 to talk about Ecsys rather than Chaol, of course I am over myself all ready ;)

I'd like all of you to do what I can do, in more. You do it when you're dreaming. You may as well do it when you're awake, too.

hf

bump
Unit3

United States
11/05/2012 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
So is anyone against helping me achieve a position on the PGA Tour earning $5M per year for 10 years using the November 17th nexus?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5877556

I'm not against helping you but I'm not on first base with this stuff yet. Why don't you list your Genius steps and maybe we can all go from there?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5877556
Canada
11/05/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm not against helping you but I'm not on first base with this stuff yet. Why don't you list your Genius steps and maybe we can all go from there?

I would like to start from scratch and have one of the students, say Chaol help out with using the genius.
Unit3

United States
11/05/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

I would like to start from scratch and have one of the students, say Chaol help out with using the genius.

That's what I'm saying. Post your steps. They are outlined in The Genius. People will respond and most likely learn, from what you post. I am sure Chaol will respond too because he wants us to learn this.

Here's the link to The Genius: [link to ecsys.org]

I posted mine earlier this evening if that helps. Chaol already responded to it. The same can happen for you. Good luck.

hf
curve

User ID: 18215937
Australia
11/06/2012 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well...I am not against the idea, but I am unable to come up with an angle that would make your success relevant to my experience, other than to have you confirm the Genius works. And I already know it does.

I was thinking a joint effort would be more powerful if it manifested in outcomes relevant to all of our immediate experiences. I could be wrong though.

Could you not alter your perspective a little, and join our shared exercise? Acquiring wealth seems to be a large part of your goal anyway. Would not the fact that you have already done so much work on this matter, make your personal path of least resistance to wealth that which involved your golfing ambitions?
curve

Australia
11/06/2012 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess we'd have to do some modifications to the key since the key aloe already has meaning assigned to it. Lets wrap some tape around it. Use a key we don't use anymore and remodel it a bit. Maybe add some colors.
 Quoting: (MaJorMan)

I like the idea of the key, though it is already assigned meaning, perhaps it would be preferable to use a key that you cannot recall it's purpose, or never did know what it unlocked? And yes, modify it, make it unique of course.

The Possibility would be our pockets. Though I think I shall modify it in a way that means I can wear it as a pendant or bracelet to increase the Possibilities for Interaction.

We could encourage Interaction by posting pictures online of our symbol, for those on the thread to view, or at least a description of our Symbol.

With respect to structure the only one which comes to mind right now is the intent to expose my Symbol directly to the sun everyday. At a time as close to midday as I can, for a minimum period of one hour. An other rule, will be to explain to any person that asks about this key, that 'this is a symbol of my wealth'. I trust that will lead to further discussion and therefore further interaction.
curve

Australia
11/06/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
How about a joint Genius exercise, along the lines of the 'dream thread' exercise, where all who wish can participate, perhaps with a shared outcome in mind? Would that be possible Chaol?
 Quoting: curve

Sure, go for it. Thanks for taking the lead!

My only help would be that November 17th would be a good date to focus on.

I will observe and see how my teachers are doing :)

And would this date be useful to keep in mind for the fruition of this exercise, or its official launch?

Please, let us know if the key symbol would be problematic at all.
Unit3

United States
11/06/2012 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess we'd have to do some modifications to the key since the key aloe already has meaning assigned to it. Lets wrap some tape around it. Use a key we don't use anymore and remodel it a bit. Maybe add some colors.
 Quoting: (MaJorMan)

I like the idea of the key, though it is already assigned meaning, perhaps it would be preferable to use a key that you cannot recall it's purpose, or never did know what it unlocked? And yes, modify it, make it unique of course.

The Possibility would be our pockets. Though I think I shall modify it in a way that means I can wear it as a pendant or bracelet to increase the Possibilities for Interaction.

We could encourage Interaction by posting pictures online of our symbol, for those on the thread to view, or at least a description of our Symbol.

With respect to structure the only one which comes to mind right now is the intent to expose my Symbol directly to the sun everyday. At a time as close to midday as I can, for a minimum period of one hour. An other rule, will be to explain to any person that asks about this key, that 'this is a symbol of my wealth'. I trust that will lead to further discussion and therefore further interaction.
 Quoting: curve

I agree with posting pictures and/or description online of whatever symbol we agree to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23635979
Netherlands
11/06/2012 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Talked to my dad, mother, wife and father in law... and they all strongly advise against getting this car.

If it's my car, I'll apparently get there by rowing against the stream...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 918001
United States
11/06/2012 04:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Chaol, teachers and class,

Can a person by a symbol, used with the Genius?

Curious.

Thanks!
:)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 918001

*be a symbol!

Can a person be a symbol, used with the Genius?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 918001

Not when used with the Genius*. Too much pre-extant meaning.

*more advanced uses, perhaps. But we're still on the basics.

Okay, understood.

So... Can a sound be a symbol? A word?

I'm not trying to ask silly questions, haha, I'm just finding it challenging to "create" a new symbol that does not have *any* prior meaning attached to it.

For example, the key idea. I will all ways still have an existing relationship with said key... It is antique? Then it's like a prop I once used, which has loads of meaning attached. Is it plain and modern? Well, it reminds me of my house key. And on and on, for every variation of a key I could see or use, there is at least some meaning all ready there. Because "key" is all ready in my perspective.

If I wrap the key in gold wire or tape, it does not become something "new" so much as two existing things now blended/bonded together. (And it will probably remind me of a shoddy craft project, which is instantly "Girl Scouts" or "tacky".)

So, I am looking for a way of introducing a new symbol into my perspective. Words that I don't know can possibly work... Like Hiksahh or Olo. These are just words that I made up, that are blank slates. How do I make a physical symbol from these?

Maybe my understanding of creating a new symbol is off? Any clarity appreciated.

Despite this confusion over creating a new symbol, I do know I've had success using the Genius. But in each case, I have just decided that the new meaning assigned to my symbol is the only meaning. Wiped and re-programmed, so to speak. (Even though you have advised against this. I decided to do it any way ;P)

This is what has led me to think about how some "things" might be symbols (like people or sounds or arts or intersections of beams in my home). In fact, I am beginning to believe that every thing (including thought, including me) is a symbol, interacting, logically, in "space".

Also, on a slightly different trajectory, is it possible to use an existing meaning to draw that desired experience in? If I obtained a key to a room at the Bellagio and used that as my symbol, would that not poke a hole into my perspective to where that key would need a slot to fit into? And then presto! Before long I will find myself in Vegas. Perhaps not the best example, but I'm trying to keep it simple in the hopes of understanding. If I somehow got my hands on keys to a Ferrari on ebay or something, would the car to match show up?

Thanks, as usual :)
SpawnX

User ID: 23530328
United States
11/06/2012 06:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Talked to my dad, mother, wife and father in law... and they all strongly advise against getting this car.

Quoting: tuuuuur

you already are or going own it, all this drama,

have 'anything' to trade for it?
SpawnX

User ID: 23530328
United States
11/06/2012 06:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

join that tournament thats relevant to starting/ending on nov. 17 >>> leads to PGA entry
miqq

User ID: 18982387
Argentina
11/06/2012 06:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

You mean, against you...
Take a loan (don't need to be a bank loan), or sell whatever you don't need or use anymore, that's why I invented ebay...
Marshwiggle

User ID: 27125878
United Kingdom
11/06/2012 08:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I showed my lottery ticket (symbol of wealth) to 2 barking dogs today. I had it with me, the dogs were barking, so I thought, why not?

You know, this shines a new light on Alzheimers!
 Quoting: Marshwiggle

Are you sayhing I have Alzheimers?

afro

Not that -

people with Alzheimers' often are found doing 'strange' things such as putting the toothpaste in the fridge.... and what we do with the Genius and Expanded Perspective reminds me of what society can call crazy behaviour ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23635979
Netherlands
11/06/2012 08:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

you already are or going own it, all this drama,

have 'anything' to trade for it?
 Quoting: SpawnX

Not anything by the same value that I can think of. Well, a thing or two obviously (1970s tube bass amp plus cab, a few home made guitars), but I actually use those and am not willing to miss them... ;-)

You mean, against you...
Take a loan (don't need to be a bank loan), or sell whatever you don't need or use anymore, that's why I invented ebay...
 Quoting: miqq

Thanks! That would be possible if I had the time. ;-)

GLP