Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,965 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 982,843
Pageviews Today: 1,794,276Threads Today: 587Posts Today: 13,199
05:33 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Chaol

User ID: 25826477
Italy
11/07/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
Chaol, do I understand this correctly??

For the "Genius" to have the intended results the

Symbol: must be physically represented in the least relative way possible.

Logic: the rules must be set in the least relative way possible.

Interaction: must be as often as possible in the way most relative to intent.

Possibility: must be within a space with high uncertainty.

A shoe used as a hat wouldn't be a great symbol for mastering ecsys because a shoe and hat are both articles of clothing.

Or am i further confusing my perspective?
 Quoting: Jesse Sovoda

Hi.

The symbol should just be something that has little-to-no pre-existing value. Nevermind about relativity or how you think it relates to the 'desired' perspective.

Logic can be anything. Just make sure it facilitates the symbol interacting with your perspective. The more it interacts the better.

Possibility can be anything (any space). It is thought of where the symbol can interact.

Interaction need not be often. It can be seldom, as long as the symbol is interacting with those values in your perspective that you'd like to experience more of. If it interacts often it's good but not essential.

A regular shoe used as a hat may not be a useful symbol because the show has pre-existing value (not because it's clothing). Change the nature of the shoe itself to make it something new (to assign a new value to it). If you paint it or wrap it in something and then put it on your head, for example, that is fine.

hope this helps.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
[snips]

I think you mean that, if I want that to happen, I got to bring my perspective to a point where it is the most logical thing to happen...
 Quoting: tuuuuur

Yes.

Here's how the previous scenario plays out in your past (the rated G version)...

you would have taken this car along for the ride with you to see the other car, holding it in your hand. Talking to the seller you realize, midway in conversation, that you have something in your hand. You actually forget what it is and you open up your hand, surprised. The person you are with is also surprised and a nexus point is created then and there, enabling the new values in your perspective (in this case, the real car) to interact with your toy car.

After a sort-of short discussion about your toy car the seller would 'make a deal' with you (I am not sure what kind of deal, as I was not paying attention to that part) so that you would essentially get the car for free after doing 1 thing that you consider quite easy in relation to the benefit.

But the good thing is that you now have the symbol that I have pre-programmed for you (for free! lol) that actually did not exist in your reality a few days ago (the memory is also free).

You can use it to unlock the perspective of owning the car. But it is up to you to figure out how.

A hint: see my example above about one of my cars that I purchased and apply it to your car's restoration and post-restoration. Care to enter a contest?

(No more hints. May the 4-sys be with you!)
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
And even the rules don't have to have anything to do with the outcome I don't think. As long as your symbol is interacting with your environment and you have rules and structure around it, subconsciously you will lead yourself to where u "want" to be.
 Quoting: (MaJorMan)

For rules the crazier, the better.

It should not be something obvious to your conscious mind. The more obvious the symbol and rules the less effective it would probably be.
 Quoting: Chaol

Wow! So only the logic from current perspective to new perspective is needed.
 Quoting: Unit3

Don't think too much about the logic. The details are essentially meaningless.

The purpose is to focus on something. So it does not matter what the rules you have set are, as long as they enable your new symbol to interact with your perspective.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I agree about the rules. I also remember reading in one of the threads how opposite results sometimes happen.

Are you doing anything to interact with the Nov. 17th nexus?

Hi.

This has been taken out of context a bit...

The results are predictable and can be calculated, as they exist now. However, this is an advanced function of Ecsys.

However, if a symbol that already has more than a little value in your perspective is used then the result is unpredictable. That's why I recommend using a symbol that has little to no value.

hope this helps

Aha! Yes, this helps.

I would like to discuss with you regarding a symbol that has little to no value, though.

Every symbol I can think of to use, seems to have some value.

I hang onto things that might be used in a creative project.
They may be thrown into a box and never used, but there is a value or I wouldn't hang onto it. I consider this something of little value.

About the only way I can see to use something that has no value is to make something from scratch. And even those materials have some value. I am just re-assigning their value. The modified key for our group project comes to mind here.

Does either example represent "little to no value"? And can you say more about something that has no value?

Thank you.

Just take two or more things and put them together.

A modified something should be fine. Just continue to modify it until enough meaning is dispensed with that you begin to see something new. (Apologies if this isn't clear. I am not sure how to write this.)

A symbol done from scratch is even better.

An example of something with little-to-no value could be you taking two things that you've never seen before and you don't know what they're used for and (not trying to guess what they are) putting them together.

[Everything has a value though. But from our current perspective we can try to guess on things that may have very, very little pre-existing meaning to us.]

Last Edited by Chaol on 11/07/2012 10:53 AM
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 16964923
United States
11/07/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
I suppose I incorrectly determined value to be equivalent to relevancy.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

It is inaccurately determined by the conscious mind*,

and more accurately determined by the sub-conscious mind.

It is safer to say that we do not know the value of something. We assume that we know what something is but usually we do not.

But using the Genius** the value will be uncovered, defined in our perspective and, thus, discovered in our experience.

*these terms here used for sake of illustration. There's really no difference between the two. Another chapter, perhaps.

**the Genius being your "sub-conscious"

Last Edited by Chaol on 11/07/2012 11:19 AM
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

Here's an illustration of how it's difficult for us to guess the relevancy of something...

Whatever is prevalent in your perspective now is highly relative to it and, thus, to you.

If an old, rotting ham sandwich is nearby it is more relevant to your current perspective than your mother whom is not.

Take a look around you. Each in your perspective has a high degree of relevancy. This may be obvious to you if you are at home. But it does not stop there.

Walk outside.

The people you pass, the strange things you see, the smells, the experiences, etc. All more relevant than that which you think is more relevant to your perspective.

Just an example of how it's difficult for our "conscious mind" to know the value of something,

and easier for the Genius (the "sub-conscious") to know it because it is the one doing the calculations, so to speak.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Chaol, will take head to your suggestions and make the proper modifications. This is why I wanted it to be a group effort so everyone can learn and adjust at the same pace towards this common goal.

The research institute narrative is a great idea and in a way what we are beginning to do now. Thanks again Chaol and everyone participating. It's becoming more and more clear how to implement the system.
 Quoting: (MaJorMan)

With pleasure :)
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 27234669
United States
11/07/2012 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Here's an illustration of how it's difficult for us to guess the relevancy of something...

Whatever is prevalent in your perspective now is highly relative to it and, thus, to you.

If an old, rotting ham sandwich is nearby it is more relevant to your current perspective than your mother whom is not.

Take a look around you. Each in your perspective has a high degree of relevancy. This may be obvious to you if you are at home. But it does not stop there.

Walk outside.

The people you pass, the strange things you see, the smells, the experiences, etc. All more relevant than that which you think is more relevant to your perspective.

Just an example of how it's difficult for our "conscious mind" to know the value of something,

and easier for the Genius (the "sub-conscious") to know it because it is the one doing the calculations, so to speak.

Thank you. I feel like you used relevancy and value as equivalent terms in this post too. I may be missing something.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Walk outside.

Thank you. I feel like you used relevancy and value as equivalent terms in this post too. I may be missing something.

Apologies for the lack of clarity.

Imagine that everything in your reality is assigned a number (a value) from the dust to the photons to the television.

When we add all of these values up we get an other number, a sum that represents your perspective. For this example let's say that sum is 72

Further, let's say that "36" is more relevant to "72" than "73" is (for 36x2). Many other values surrounding "72" are not as relevant to it than "18" or "9", for example.

Putting 72 next to 74 is not as energy-efficient as putting it next to 36 or 144.

So in your "72" perspective, there are values everywhere but not all similar values are equally relative. We can determine the value of something by observing, in a way, that which surrounds it.

hope this helps to clarify.
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 21934726
United States
11/07/2012 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
An apology is unnecessary and thank you, it does clarify things for me. I suppose then, my confusion stemmed from a misinterpretation of the word "value". I had read and interpreted it as the value from "valuable"(like, "i value that which is most relative" perhaps like "worth") and not as the value within the geometry of relationships.

Thank you very much. I apologize for my ignorance.
X Won
User ID: 1591701
United States
11/07/2012 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol, thanks for all of your time and advice on this interesting new science of ecsys. I have been following this (and other) threads of yours for a little while now and have made several attempts at using the Genius. Something just isn't snapping for me, and I can't seem to pin it down.

Would you help me (and any advice from any of the 'students' here would be greatly appreciated) to work my way through another attempt at the Genius?

I want to get a particular job, and the logical story-line to the end result is very relative all ready. I would like to use the Genius to get the exact position I desire, and I feel this ready-made-logical-outcome will make a good instructional attempt towards a high probability successful outcome.

Step One: Create Symbol. I will create a symbol that represents the exact job I want? Or should I rather create a symbol that would represent the annoying benefits package selection process paperwork that is associated with the exact position (or something to this effect)?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1504889
Canada
11/07/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,

Thank you for all the clarification on the Genius lately. A lot of context makes sense now, that was overlooked before. The picture is getting clearer.
DDHR
User ID: 20177375
United States
11/07/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol could you please give some feedback on how to continue this along or make it better, all help is deeply appreciated...
I will follow your every suggestion and not give up till I make this relative for us all.

Symbol: straw in wrapper with yellow pipe cleaner twisted around it, with a moon pie wrapper taped around the middle with scotch tape, and a wrapper of a quarter roll taped around the top with duct tape.

Represents: bank notification that 450 million US dollars has been transferred to 9 other accounts. With each receiving 50 million dollars.

Possibility: My windowsill

Logic: will tap my cats on their right ears with symbol everytime they jump onto my windowsill.

Interaction: sharing symbol with others on forum

[link to farm8.staticflickr.com]

What do you think Chaol?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27140665
Brazil
11/07/2012 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama = 'doom' on?
 Quoting: Gespenst

It's not over til the bat lady sings.

The bat lady?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27238219
Germany
11/07/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
[snips]

I think you mean that, if I want that to happen, I got to bring my perspective to a point where it is the most logical thing to happen...

Yes.

Here's how the previous scenario plays out in your past (the rated G version)...

you would have taken this car along for the ride with you to see the other car, holding it in your hand. Talking to the seller you realize, midway in conversation, that you have something in your hand. You actually forget what it is and you open up your hand, surprised. The person you are with is also surprised and a nexus point is created then and there, enabling the new values in your perspective (in this case, the real car) to interact with your toy car.

After a sort-of short discussion about your toy car the seller would 'make a deal' with you (I am not sure what kind of deal, as I was not paying attention to that part) so that you would essentially get the car for free after doing 1 thing that you consider quite easy in relation to the benefit.

But the good thing is that you now have the symbol that I have pre-programmed for you (for free! lol) that actually did not exist in your reality a few days ago (the memory is also free).

You can use it to unlock the perspective of owning the car. But it is up to you to figure out how.

A hint: see my example above about one of my cars that I purchased and apply it to your car's restoration and post-restoration. Care to enter a contest?

(No more hints. May the 4-sys be with you!)

Wonderful Chaol! Thanks for the hint! I'd like me som 4sys! :-)

But then a question arises... what made me not get your hint about this rated G scenario? Apparently something made me not follow although the easier (?) possibility was there.

I'll leaf to the thread looking for your car posts! (I don't quite get the contest thing, but that may have something to do with me not being native english speaker... sorry!)

But today I had a discussion with the wife. She says she finds it a very bad decision to try to get that car; she doesn't think it will fit in our garage; she doesn't think we can afford to store it elsewhere; she doesn't think I am able to pull the restoration off, and she doesn't think we can afford the restoration.

She now says she is sorry that she took me to look at that car, because now she is the cause that I won't go through with getting it and I will resent that with her the rest of her life (she thinks, and maybe she's right).

I was born in a family of possibility-finders am married into a family of problem-seekers. It's odd.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1504889
Canada
11/07/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama = 'doom' on?

The bat lady?

She hangs out with the Dark Knight.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
11/07/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

I had a dream this night that I had a pet kiwi (the fruit lol), and he was really alive. Then worms started to appear in his body and I had to kill him.

Weirdest dream ever.
CatCarel

User ID: 23708875
United States
11/07/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

I had a dream this night that I had a pet kiwi (the fruit lol), and he was really alive. Then worms started to appear in his body and I had to kill him.

Weirdest dream ever.

That's so sad! blink
Cat
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
11/07/2012 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

Weirdest dream ever.

That's so sad! blink
 Quoting: CatCarel

Yeah

I just killed my best dream world friend.
CatCarel

User ID: 23708875
United States
11/07/2012 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

Weirdest dream ever.

That's so sad! blink

Yeah

Well, if it's any consolation, he'll all ways be a value in your perspective! :)
Cat
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
11/07/2012 05:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

Weirdest dream ever.

That's so sad! blink

Yeah

Well, if it's any consolation, he'll all ways be a value in your perspective! :)

:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27238219
Germany
11/07/2012 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just for share:

Weirdest dream ever.

That's so sad! blink

Yeah

lol! Priceless! grinning
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6853315
United States
11/07/2012 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
But today I had a discussion with the wife. She says she finds it a very bad decision to try to get that car; she doesn't think it will fit in our garage; she doesn't think we can afford to store it elsewhere; she doesn't think I am able to pull the restoration off, and she doesn't think we can afford the restoration.

She now says she is sorry that she took me to look at that car, because now she is the cause that I won't go through with getting it and I will resent that with her the rest of her life (she thinks, and maybe she's right).

Hello, tuuuuur. You realize that your wife is a projection of yourself, right? She is reflecting your own misgivings about the car. Once you, yourself, get past your doubts and make a firm decision to pursue your dream, then your wife will magically be supportive of you.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/07/2012 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
For example, before I purchased my new Bentley (with cash) all I had to do was create a Genius formula for a perspective that included receiving a quotation for 2 scratched chrome Bentley tires.

The logical narrative is filled in automatically. For example, "In order for Chaol to receive the quotation he first needs the car. Here ya go! Now it's more logical, and he's ready to receive the quotation." And so on...

What was the time span (in our local time) between creating the formula using the Bentley tires and getting the actual car?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/07/2012 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a story too along these lines. I needed a new car, but I hate making car payments. So, I spent six months looking at the cheapest ride I could find. When I got tired of looking at ratty old cars, I would go to the Mercedes-Benz sites and fantasize. The day came that I ran across a whale of a deal on a Mercedes-Benz. I couldn't get this car out of my mind, but I did not want to make huge monthly payments for six years. I went to look at her, and she just sang out to me! This was the one!

The next day, while wanting that car more than anything, I remembered...get this! I remembered!...that I had a bunch of money stashed away. I had forgotten about $50,000 that I had put in an account and completely forgotten about. I paid cash for a Mercedes-Benz. She is still sitting out there in my driveway. I love my car.

To this day, I am still in awe of how I had the money for something I really wanted, and it took me six months to remember that I had it. I use this method of remembering over and over again. It works really well for me. Truly, I lack for nothing.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
An apology is unnecessary and thank you, it does clarify things for me. I suppose then, my confusion stemmed from a misinterpretation of the word "value". I had read and interpreted it as the value from "valuable"(like, "i value that which is most relative" perhaps like "worth") and not as the value within the geometry of relationships.

Thank you very much. I apologize for my ignorance.

Likewise unnecessary :)

We learn from one-another.
Queen Helen
User ID: 1351603
United States
11/07/2012 08:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama = 'doom' on?

The bat lady?

I don't know why you call drones lady. I call them little pissy SiRI lasers.

Hay uno call big ray! Show them what independence day realy looks like.
Chaol

Italy
11/07/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol, thanks for all of your time and advice on this interesting new science of ecsys. I have been following this (and other) threads of yours for a little while now and have made several attempts at using the Genius. Something just isn't snapping for me, and I can't seem to pin it down.

Would you help me (and any advice from any of the 'students' here would be greatly appreciated) to work my way through another attempt at the Genius?

I want to get a particular job, and the logical story-line to the end result is very relative all ready. I would like to use the Genius to get the exact position I desire, and I feel this ready-made-logical-outcome will make a good instructional attempt towards a high probability successful outcome.

Step One: Create Symbol. I will create a symbol that represents the exact job I want? Or should I rather create a symbol that would represent the annoying benefits package selection process paperwork that is associated with the exact position (or something to this effect)?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!
 Quoting: X Won 1591701

Hi.

Any symbol will do. Just create something unique. No need to relate it directly to your intention. You're representing something that cannot be represented, so it doesn't matter what it is. (But if you try to represent something intentionally using elements from what you desire you will most likely be missing a world of experiences, and could be missing your desired perspective.)
Unit3

User ID: 9834739
United States
11/07/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for noticing. I realize I'm forgetting things as this drags out. I guess that's how I learn! ;o(
Your patience is appreciated.

You all ways have my patience.

For yea, I am a jealous surgeon.

Oh my gosh! For you, Chaol hf
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

GLP