Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,602 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 327,885
Pageviews Today: 536,465Threads Today: 180Posts Today: 3,170
07:33 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Unit3

User ID: 9834739
United States
11/08/2012 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
I've been doing something similar, only it's in dream time and waking time. I'll have a story-line going and then something from way back in my past, pops in. Something from childhood. For example, a piece of furniture or person or room from childhood....and this is dream time or waking.

I probably wouldn't have noticed it so much in waking time except it's been happening in dream time so much too. Edit: and when it happens in waking time, I go interact with the childhood symbol. It seems the thing to do. To me, my perspective is doing something...so I'm going to make sure I notice. Hope that makes sense.
 Quoting: Unit3

You're beginning to perceive that which has been there all along, it seems like.
 Quoting: Chaol

I hope so. I've been working on just this thing for quite a while. But what you have presented us is truly beyond what I probably would have figured out.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka
Chaol

User ID: 25826477
Italy
11/08/2012 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay, here's my latest.

Symbol: Metal doo hickey with a hole in middle, alumnium foil through it, stuck onto modified key.

Represents: Bank notification that 450 million USD is transferred to 9 other accounts, including mine @ million USD each.

Space: My kitchen

Logic: Take symbol to kitchen every time I go. It will sit on top of a jar lid that is placed on top of the coffee maker while I am in the kitchen.

Interaction: Talk to the symbol and tell what I'm cooking, etc:. Share photo with others (Scroll down). [link to perceptionmap.blogspot.com]

Can you make the Possibility element a space in the bank of your choice?

Possibility: Receive bank statement every month telling me I have an additional $15,678 in my account.

Would this ^^^^ replace the whole thing about 45 million USD statement above?

I mean an actual physical space in the physical bank.

That is to say, making your "Possibility" element inside of the bank.

For Logic, you could set a time and day of the week that you go to the bank to perform a particular action.

You could even create multiple symbols (of the same kind) and place inside of your Possibility. Maybe some modified pens that others inside of the bank interact with (if the 'space' is the writing counter)? Just an idea.
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been doing something similar, only it's in dream time and waking time. I'll have a story-line going and then something from way back in my past, pops in. Something from childhood. For example, a piece of furniture or person or room from childhood....and this is dream time or waking.

I probably wouldn't have noticed it so much in waking time except it's been happening in dream time so much too. Edit: and when it happens in waking time, I go interact with the childhood symbol. It seems the thing to do. To me, my perspective is doing something...so I'm going to make sure I notice. Hope that makes sense.

You're beginning to perceive that which has been there all along, it seems like.

I hope so. I've been working on just this thing for quite a while. But what you have presented us is truly beyond what I probably would have figured out.

Part of me wants it to be figured out organically.

The other part of me knows that the organisms don't want to wait around for it that long :)
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay, here's my latest.

Symbol: Metal doo hickey with a hole in middle, alumnium foil through it, stuck onto modified key.

Represents: Bank notification that 450 million USD is transferred to 9 other accounts, including mine @ million USD each.

Space: My kitchen

Logic: Take symbol to kitchen every time I go. It will sit on top of a jar lid that is placed on top of the coffee maker while I am in the kitchen.

Interaction: Talk to the symbol and tell what I'm cooking, etc:. Share photo with others (Scroll down). [link to perceptionmap.blogspot.com]

Can you make the Possibility element a space in the bank of your choice?

Possibility: Receive bank statement every month telling me I have an additional $15,678 in my account.

Would this ^^^^ replace the whole thing about 45 million USD statement above?

I mean an actual physical space in the physical bank.

That is to say, making your "Possibility" element inside of the bank.

For Logic, you could set a time and day of the week that you go to the bank to perform a particular action.

You could even create multiple symbols (of the same kind) and place inside of your Possibility. Maybe some modified pens that others inside of the bank interact with (if the 'space' is the writing counter)? Just an idea.

ohhhhh, ok. Yes, I can do this. I can use fingernail polish to paint a pen and take it with me. Maybe put some kind of decoration on it too.

So would the pen/s replace the other symbol and instead of taking it to the kitchen, take the pen/s to the bank?

Also, my branch never has other customers in it. Everybody uses the drive-through. I thought I'd go in and do some banking. Can I ask the tellers to use the pen because it's my lucky pen?

Edit: I could swear we just went through posts last night that said the crazier the rules and the symbol the better?

I'm going with the flow though.

Last Edited by ERE3 on 11/08/2012 01:47 AM
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

The other part of me knows that the organisms don't want to wait around for it that long :)

;o)
X Won
User ID: 1407931
United States
11/08/2012 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi.

You were clear. My suggestion stands. The intention comes out when you're creating a "random" symbol. There is no need to make an obvious symbol.

So when you are thinking about your goal there's no need to make your symbol relate to it.

(It is related automatically through your sub-conscious. If our conscious mind does it, it will probably screw it up because it's not so smart.)

Awesome. Thanks! Tomorrow I will create the symbol and begin to formulate step two: possibility. And then I'll report back here for further guidance.

Thanks again, Chaol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8047570
United States
11/08/2012 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8047570

I'd say he's really breaking it down for us at this point.

just sayin'
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?

I'd say he's really breaking it down for us at this point.

just sayin'

Agree :) When a chick (or chegg) chinks it's shell enough times, then finally breaks through, even a little, the rest falls away much easier.

I just think this conversation is as organic as any thing else. It's not a magic wand.
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
ohhhhh, ok. Yes, I can do this. I can use fingernail polish to paint a pen and take it with me. Maybe put some kind of decoration on it too.

So would the pen/s replace the other symbol and instead of taking it to the kitchen, take the pen/s to the bank?

Edit: I could swear we just went through posts last night that said the crazier the rules and the symbol the better?

Well, practically, it should be something that people want to interact with. It is a bank after all :) Maybe some modifications that aren't really noticeable. Something done or placed, attached, etc., on the inside should work fine, too. However, it could also be something else.

I think 'possibility' inside of a bank or similar place is a good idea if your intention is for a number of bank accounts to benefit. It follows that your symbol uses this space for interaction.

If you do this, no need for the other symbol.

Last Edited by Chaol on 11/08/2012 01:46 AM
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 01:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?

Organic with some interference on my part, yes.

But seeing as there are so many possibilities, the interference is part of nature ;)
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 01:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well, practically, it should be something that people want to interact with. It is a bank after all :) Maybe some modifications that aren't really noticeable. Something done or placed, attached, etc., on the inside should work fine, too. However, it could also be something else.

I think 'possibility' inside of a bank or similar place is a good idea if your intention is for a number of bank accounts to benefit. It follows that your symbol uses this space for interaction.

If you do this, no need for the other symbol.

Okay. Let me ask this then. I go to a branch where everybody uses the drive-through and no customers are ever inside. Can I go inside and ask the tellers to use my lucky pen which I can paint a logo on?

Or, would a symbol I create (that is whimsical and no definition of anything) that's attached to my bankbook, which I take into the bank, work better?
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just a note.. the first step illustrated at [link to ecsys.org] is done so to make it easy to understand.

Now that we are at a slightly more advanced level we can do away with making obvious representations and try to let our sub-conscious mind take over when creating them.

(The obvious representations can still work, but not as well as one that is more random and unique.)

I don't mean to confuse, but some of the material will change as we move along to more advanced uses (however the website will not). The old information is sometimes necessary to create familiar stepping-stones.

Thank you.

Good idea to keep the website the same. No telling who might find it. And when first starting out, the way the website is set up, makes it easier to start grasping the message of Ecsys.

Goofy thum
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27140665
Brazil
11/08/2012 01:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
If I would create a symbol, I don't know for what purpose it should be made (I really don't want 'anything').

Could a symbol be created with the intention of experience, let's say, bliss?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2012 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?

But seeing as there are so many possibilities, the interference is part of nature ;)

That's what I was thinking ;D
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 02:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
If I would create a symbol, I don't know for what purpose it should be made (I really don't want 'anything').

Quoting: Gespenst

I had trouble with this at the first too. I asked a similar question. At that time, the answer was something to the effect that the Genius is not really for states of being. But we have progressed since then, so it will be interesting to see what the answer is now

Just remember, we are doing these exercises to learn HOW we perceive. Not so much for things. At this point in our understanding, I'd guess it's easier for us to learn how we perceive ordinary things in our lives rather that states of being.

We'll see though.
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 02:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't this organic?

That's what I was thinking ;D

I don't see why it's considered interference. And, I don't see how interference is part of nature!

Edit: I'm here willingly, so how is it interference?

Last Edited by ERE3 on 11/08/2012 10:47 AM
curve

User ID: 18215937
Australia
11/08/2012 07:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
To the NATO gentleman reading this forum...

What does Ecsys have to do with NATO? Looking to trade goods? I'm stumped.

This has been a very interesting day.

Woot!

Indeed. Every few weeks we get DOD other government and NGO types on their break time (or whatever) but NATO-behind-proxy is kind of strange. Pretending they are part of a school system is an even more interesting way of browsing the internet.

They want to assist us achieve success in our joint Genius exercise, they have a few trillion to spare...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20177375
United States
11/08/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol could you please give some feedback on how to continue this along or make it better, all help is deeply appreciated...
I will follow your every suggestion and not give up till I make this relative for us all.

Symbol: straw in wrapper with yellow pipe cleaner twisted around it, with a moon pie wrapper taped around the middle with scotch tape, and a wrapper of a quarter roll taped around the top with duct tape.

Represents: bank notification that 450 million US dollars has been transferred to 9 other accounts. With each receiving 50 million dollars.

Possibility: My windowsill

Logic: will tap my cats on their right ears with symbol everytime they jump onto my windowsill.

Interaction: sharing symbol with others on forum

[link to farm8.staticflickr.com]

What do you think Chaol?
 Quoting: DDHR 20177375

The symbol seems fine.

Possibility (space) seems fine. (But how much a part of your perspective is your windowsill? And how often will your symbol use it?)

Logic seems fine.

For interaction, just keep in mind that your symbol is probably not interacting that much with your perspective. It need not be major interaction, but perhaps just a little more. Think, "What most comprises my perspective?". And allow the symbol to interact with it.

The symbol is a bridge between one perspective and the next, using space (possibility) to interact with the new perspective and focused in it using logic.

hope this helps :)

How about this:

Symbol = same

possibility= my laptop crease (where it folds together)

Logic = rub three times when turning on computer, flick when changing websites, and flip when internet crashes.

interaction = subconscious

What most compromises my perspective would have to be my subconscious? Since my perspective encompasses everything, and everything not encompassed in my conscious thought is within my subconscious?

To uncover in my current perspective I have to change the relationships. If I let my subconscious change the value of those relationships, then I can only manipulate its representation (which I did by representing the banking notification as my symbol)

By letting the symbol interact with my subconscious, it should utilize the least energy, as my subconscious has a direct tap to eternal consciousness and can best bridge to the appropriate perspective.

So then is all that is left to focus on the values that surround the perspective, or let my subconscious just deliver the next step without consciously trying to force or discover that meaning?

Am I way off here Chaol?
Unit3

United States
11/08/2012 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

To the NATO gentleman reading this forum...

What does Ecsys have to do with NATO? Looking to trade goods? I'm stumped.

Woot!

Indeed. Every few weeks we get DOD other government and NGO types on their break time (or whatever) but NATO-behind-proxy is kind of strange. Pretending they are part of a school system is an even more interesting way of browsing the internet.

So, I didn't think this would be in your perspective. cool2
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay. Let me ask this then. I go to a branch where everybody uses the drive-through and no customers are ever inside. Can I go inside and ask the tellers to use my lucky pen which I can paint a logo on?

Or, would a symbol I create (that is whimsical and no definition of anything) that's attached to my bankbook, which I take into the bank, work better?

Then what would your Possibility (space) be?

Also, a logo'd pen may not change the value of the pen much.
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 11:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's more about new perspective than achieving things.

If you can define bliss in practical terms, sure :)

How would "bliss" exist in your reality in a way that can be measured somehow?
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't see why it's considered interference. And, I don't see how interference is part of nature!

Edit: I'm here willingly, so how is it interference?

"interference on my part" meaning that I am changing some of the values from my end.

re-programming, I suppose it could be said.
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol could you please give some feedback on how to continue this along or make it better, all help is deeply appreciated...
I will follow your every suggestion and not give up till I make this relative for us all.

Symbol: straw in wrapper with yellow pipe cleaner twisted around it, with a moon pie wrapper taped around the middle with scotch tape, and a wrapper of a quarter roll taped around the top with duct tape.

Represents: bank notification that 450 million US dollars has been transferred to 9 other accounts. With each receiving 50 million dollars.

Possibility: My windowsill

Logic: will tap my cats on their right ears with symbol everytime they jump onto my windowsill.

Interaction: sharing symbol with others on forum

[link to farm8.staticflickr.com]

What do you think Chaol?
 Quoting: DDHR 20177375

The symbol seems fine.

Possibility (space) seems fine. (But how much a part of your perspective is your windowsill? And how often will your symbol use it?)

Logic seems fine.

For interaction, just keep in mind that your symbol is probably not interacting that much with your perspective. It need not be major interaction, but perhaps just a little more. Think, "What most comprises my perspective?". And allow the symbol to interact with it.

The symbol is a bridge between one perspective and the next, using space (possibility) to interact with the new perspective and focused in it using logic.

hope this helps :)

How about this:

Symbol = same

possibility= my laptop crease (where it folds together)

Logic = rub three times when turning on computer, flick when changing websites, and flip when internet crashes.

interaction = subconscious

What most compromises my perspective would have to be my subconscious? Since my perspective encompasses everything, and everything not encompassed in my conscious thought is within my subconscious?

To uncover in my current perspective I have to change the relationships. If I let my subconscious change the value of those relationships, then I can only manipulate its representation (which I did by representing the banking notification as my symbol)

By letting the symbol interact with my subconscious, it should utilize the least energy, as my subconscious has a direct tap to eternal consciousness and can best bridge to the appropriate perspective.

So then is all that is left to focus on the values that surround the perspective, or let my subconscious just deliver the next step without consciously trying to force or discover that meaning?

Am I way off here Chaol?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20177375

That's quite a 'small' space. Are you sure you want your Possibility to be that?

Also, how is your sub-consciousness going to interact? By nature, we would not really know how so this is much more difficult to define.

Is your symbol using the space (and according to your rules) to interact?
Chaol

Italy
11/08/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Woot!

So, I didn't think this would be in your perspective. cool2
 Quoting: curve

There are a number of things in my perspective ;)
DDHR
User ID: 20177375
United States
11/08/2012 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Symbol = same

possibility = my bed

Logic = Will flick upon moving on or off bed. Will rub before bed

interaction = tell symbol my dreams upon waking

Any better?
Marshwiggle

User ID: 27125878
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
What I'd like to ask is,

If I am working with the Genius, with a specific aim in mind, is there any point in changing it regularly, as with the Expanded Perspective Exercise, Chaol?

So, for example, I've got a newly made SYMBOL,
the POSSIBILITY is it's attached to my mobile,
the INTERACTION is with all the people I've got numbers for, and the LOGIC is I sniff my symbol (! - it's got a bit of incense in it) each time I turn my phone on

what I'm wondering is, is there a benefit to in a couple of days, keeping the SYMBOL and changing the other elements?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27140665
Brazil
11/08/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's more about new perspective than achieving things.

If you can define bliss in practical terms, sure :)

How would "bliss" exist in your reality in a way that can be measured somehow?

I don't know scratching
LeKing

User ID: 26173719
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
And a hand full of people posting? Why aren't the rest of you people posting? Tell us hi. Tell us you want to learn. Tell us when you can help us. Or not! cool2

I can vouch for this, your world really expands when you post and get involved.

Give it a try.
LeKing

User ID: 26173719
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, there's lots of stuff going on right now in relation to the strange 17 & 18-19 nexus. I've mostly 'organized' it but am having a bit of difficulty coming up with a strategy to keep your world from experiencing the whole witchcraft episode "again" as I don't think it would be that entertaining (although, really, this would be the first time - all in past/future is a value in the current perspective).

Carry on!

Hows the organisation going?

GLP