Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,241 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 901,199
Pageviews Today: 1,606,929Threads Today: 679Posts Today: 12,120
06:20 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1865772
Canada
11/14/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
Huge nexus on December 17th, 3 to 4 days to manifest...ahhh
CatCarel

User ID: 23708875
United States
11/14/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1865772

Wait for me! ahhh
Cat
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27751738
Brazil
11/14/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you to everybody participating in this thread. I have learned much while here.

I would like to thank Chaol. Your patience is amazing. I don't know the reasons for your "absence" but I am sure you earned it. My prayer is for you to fully enjoy it. I hope I didn't ask for too much. I have plenty from your teachings to last me a long time. How can I thank you enough?

To Gespenst: I have learned a valuable lesson because of you. I apologize I didn't get it sooner. You are precious.

To LeKing: Just wow! Time to rock and roll, eh? rockon

To everybody....I see some more amazing things getting ready to happen. How about you?

yoda
 Quoting: Unit3

hugs

December 21 alone
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1865772
Canada
11/14/2012 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

I guess it could also mean 5a
madcaddy

User ID: 27679948
Hungary
11/14/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol: can you please answer my question in Thread: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking. (Page 214) before you go? I am not sure my possibility and interaction elements are best for my Genius map for a new car.
I am thinking on creating a second Genius map where the possiblity will by my workplace.
BTW: what is more important?
a) to let my symbol interact with as many other symbols as possible
b) to make those interactions as relative to me as possible (ie. physically close to where I am mostly at and the symbols with which it interacts are also very relative to me). I think my workplace would be a better possiblity element if the answer is b).
CatCarel

United States
11/14/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Off topic message for Cat or LeKing -
I'd not come across weebly before. How have you found it? Would it be suitable for a business website?
Thanks
 Quoting: Marshwiggle

See below, double post.

Last Edited by Cat_Carel on 11/14/2012 05:18 PM
Cat
CatCarel

United States
11/14/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd not come across weebly before. How have you found it? Would it be suitable for a business website?
Thanks

I Googled 'best blogging site'. It was the first one I clicked on :)

I find it really nice to use. There aren't a whole lot of design options should you want your site to be highly customized.
But I'd say give it a go!

Last Edited by Cat_Carel on 11/14/2012 05:19 PM
Cat
Unit3

User ID: 9834739
United States
11/14/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you to everybody participating in this thread. I have learned much while here.

I would like to thank Chaol. Your patience is amazing. I don't know the reasons for your "absence" but I am sure you earned it. My prayer is for you to fully enjoy it. I hope I didn't ask for too much. I have plenty from your teachings to last me a long time. How can I thank you enough?

To Gespenst: I have learned a valuable lesson because of you. I apologize I didn't get it sooner. You are precious.

To LeKing: Just wow! Time to rock and roll, eh? rockon

To everybody....I see some more amazing things getting ready to happen. How about you?

Thanks.

Just taking advantage of the huggggggggggggge nexus point coming up and will return on the, um, other one after that.

I'll respond to all queries, direct and indirect, until then :)
 Quoting: Chaol

Indirect is fine by me, heh!

Plus, we can all help each other with our Genius plans here. AND, LeKing has come through with such timing, eh? We have plenty to keep us busy.

Enjoy yourself! hf
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka
Marshwiggle

User ID: 27125878
United Kingdom
11/14/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks

I Googled 'best blogging site'. It was the first one I clicked on :)

I find it really nice to use. There aren't a whole lot of design options should you want your site to be highly customized.
But I'd say give it a go!
 Quoting: CatCarel

Thanks, Catthumbs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1724879
Canada
11/14/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I revised my symbol for the PGA Championship invitation. My symbol is three straightened out paper clips wrapped in a postit note. I placed them inside a plain white envelope (space component). Every day I shake the envelope to rearrange the symbol inside the space.
Dodec
User ID: 20177375
United States
11/14/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
WATCH THIS VIDEO!

Not sure if this will embed, but I tried
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6853315
United States
11/14/2012 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
WATCH THIS VIDEO!
 Quoting: Dodec 20177375

A teacher.
Unit3

United States
11/14/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I revised my symbol for the PGA Championship invitation. My symbol is three straightened out paper clips wrapped in a postit note. I placed them inside a plain white envelope (space component). Every day I shake the envelope to rearrange the symbol inside the space.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1724879

I like it. Thanks for sharing.

I get so tickled at everyone's symbol inventions. They are just so cutttttttte, hehe!

By the way, don't you need the symbol to also connect to a golf space some way?
Unit3

United States
11/14/2012 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

WATCH THIS VIDEO!

Wow! Thank you...and it was embedded!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5877556
Canada
11/14/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

I get so tickled at everyone's symbol inventions. They are just so cutttttttte, hehe!

I am not sure. Because the invitation could come as a letter, I used the envelope as the space.
Unit3

United States
11/14/2012 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am not sure. Because the invitation could come as a letter, I used the envelope as the space.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5877556

You still need to connect it to PGA. You can take it once a week to the golf course. Or, get a PGA business card, PGA stationary, something like that, to put with it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5877556
Canada
11/14/2012 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5877556

You still need to connect it to PGA. You can take it once a week to the golf course. Or, get a PGA business card, PGA stationary, something like that, to put with it.

ok i will draw the PGA logo on the envelope. thanks.
dodec
User ID: 20177375
United States
11/15/2012 08:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,

before you leave can you elaborate on:

1.) how representations change through interaction

2.) how best to "move into state"

Thanks so much

in lak'ech ala k'in
Unit3

United States
11/15/2012 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,

before you leave can you elaborate on:

1.) how representations change through interaction

2.) how best to "move into state"

Thanks so much

in lak'ech ala k'in
 Quoting: dodec 20177375

1) Can you also answer how to keep a reference point within chaos?

2) I received a language several years ago. May I use it instead of Ecsys?

3) Is Ecsys used with symbols, much the same as the girl in the video?

4) Why you need a month to prepare for the bigggggggg nexus?

Thank you and bighug

Last Edited by ERE3 on 11/15/2012 12:06 PM
Chaol

User ID: 25826477
Italy
11/15/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Kewl. At least I'm getting somewhere. BUT, we aren't finished with this yet. Houston, we have a problem. 1doh1

I am not interested in changing my perspective where the majority of my time is spent in handling money. Nor do I wish to create a perspective where the majority of people I have to deal with are people that are not hanging out here. I want the free time to hang out here and learn to use the Genius on the fly! Heh!

So, I have some ideas. ohyeah

I'd like to tie this to my timeline WITHOUT erasing memory. I'm thinking of either "my" inheritance that has just been discovered. (There is a possibility I am related to the Churchills and/or the Marriot family.) Or a foundation sponsors me for research and gifts funds to me. Or, we can through our Genius work, bring some lawyers, tax accountants, CPA's into the thread, hehe! Something along those lines.

I thought about introducing a Trust Fund set up by a relative at my birth, but I'm afraid of erasing memory!

Any comments?

Edit: I'm also going to modify the symbol. Instead of a plastic something with a red dot, I'm going to cut out a small piece of the paper that comes in the egg carton, crunch it up like a spit wad and put a red dot on it.

Another Edit: I just realized, if I modify the symbol to a little wad of paper, I can go to the branch of my bank that I always go to. No need to go to all the different branches since I won't be quite as strange, heh!

Memory is more or less based on relativity, so you would only 'forget' if it weren't relative to your current perspective.

(This doesn't mean you cannot forget your name or where you live. If you do, then you're in a different reality than you were before where those things are not relevant and/or there is other existing conflict where you are not sure which is which.)

May I ask, when did you discover your possible inheritance? Was it anytime in the last 4 weeks?

Sticking to one branch should be more effective, especially since you'll be able to make relationships (with the persons there) stronger.

Interesting you should as this question. The answer is YESTERDAY!

Yesterday, I remembered something my father told me many years ago. So, I googled and sure enough, what he told me has some basis in truth.

[snips]

Do you think this has anything to do with your current exercises with the Genius?
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Kewl. At least I'm getting somewhere. BUT, we aren't finished with this yet. Houston, we have a problem. 1doh1

I am not interested in changing my perspective where the majority of my time is spent in handling money. Nor do I wish to create a perspective where the majority of people I have to deal with are people that are not hanging out here. I want the free time to hang out here and learn to use the Genius on the fly! Heh!

I'd like to tie this to my timeline WITHOUT erasing memory. I'm thinking of either "my" inheritance that has just been discovered. (There is a possibility I am related to the Churchills and/or the Marriot family.) Or a foundation sponsors me for research and gifts funds to me. Or, we can through our Genius work, bring some lawyers, tax accountants, CPA's into the thread, hehe! Something along those lines.

I thought about introducing a Trust Fund set up by a relative at my birth, but I'm afraid of erasing memory!

Any comments?

Edit: I'm also going to modify the symbol. Instead of a plastic something with a red dot, I'm going to cut out a small piece of the paper that comes in the egg carton, crunch it up like a spit wad and put a red dot on it.

Another Edit: I just realized, if I modify the symbol to a little wad of paper, I can go to the branch of my bank that I always go to. No need to go to all the different branches since I won't be quite as strange, heh!

Memory is more or less based on relativity, so you would only 'forget' if it weren't relative to your current perspective.

(This doesn't mean you cannot forget your name or where you live. If you do, then you're in a different reality than you were before where those things are not relevant and/or there is other existing conflict where you are not sure which is which.)

May I ask, when did you discover your possible inheritance? Was it anytime in the last 4 weeks?

Sticking to one branch should be more effective, especially since you'll be able to make relationships (with the persons there) stronger.

The bolded part is what scares me about time shifting. I guess it's possible to visit the future and come back with Ecsys if you don't lose memory.

You know, I drug that piece of furniture home that is related to my childhood. I know it's my symbol. Let's do something with it. Like, can I use it to help me come visit your world in my future?

The bolded is not shifting times. It's about perspective. You never "lose" yourself, despite whatever the outward appearances could be.

There is no future except for what is in the present.

Memory is never lost. You just adopt an other perspective.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
So would my goal of $250 million (or whatever) be more effective if my goal is filling out an invoice for $250 million?

Probably.

And if I get $250 million, what happens if I don't fill out an invoice?

Nothing different would happen. There is no paradoxical situation, if that is what is being implied.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Am wondering if binaural tones could make limestone liquid and pourable, could it turn steel molten and concrete turn to dust?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1508675

Again, a symbol is 'created' from the relationship of two things. These things could be tones. In this case, you could make limestone turn to liquid, etc., with the appropriate relationships.

Think of the relationship as an equation. You are living in an equation right now, and expressing the values of the equation.

Change the relationships and you change the reality.

As anything can be related to (directly or indirectly) you can uncover any reality you wish.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,
My original thought as my symbol was abaca/hemp rope tie on old glass jar and inside have 78 sand dollar. What do you think?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1633800

Hi.

You can use any symbol you'd like. The less value it has to your current perspective the more effective it will probably be. But it sounds fine to me.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

Any comments?

Chaol, would it be more effective to leave the symbol at the teller's counter where I will be interacting? Or is it okay to leave it at the counter where people write out their deposit slips? (It's 2 different counters.)

One reason I want to use the writing counter is the tellers are at different windows every time I go in. I could specify leaving it at a teller's window but that is not as specific as the writing counter.

Edit: Also, at this branch, the drive-in window is used more than inside. What about leaving another symbol at the drive-through? I could specify which lane and tape it to the intercom.

Also, how exact do I need to be on the 11:00 AM timing? I decided it's too complicated so I took out the exact time and just have I'll go to the bank on Tuesdays. Is this ok?

Interesting question.

It does not matter which, but it should have some relation to your Potential Energy element.

Experiment, and see which space can be used more naturally.

Your logic of Tuesdays is fine. As long as you have some rules.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Any feedback is appreciated Chaol,

"Wish":

To view a proof of transaction that shows that I transferred 450 million US dollars to 9 separate accounts, each receiving 50 million US dollars.

Symbol: create functional Breakage website (which would be in the future, as it is only a prototype now)

Potential energy/ Space
: Internet

Interaction: People interfacing with the website.

Logic: A.) whenever we give away a prize I will do a sit-up

B.) Whenever there is a record amount of money we giveaway to a story “breaker” I will do a push-up

1. Would this not work because there is not yet an exact path for how the website becomes functional?

2. Would it be better to have the symbol be the current prototype, or would that already have attached meaning?

Thank you for you continued help Chaol!

The prototype can be the symbol. You all ways need to represent it now.

However, you can also represent it indirectly with a bonne tot. As long as you're working with the bonne tot right now.

Your Potential Energy element is fine. It could also be something on or of the internet (which is more readily-defined, as the bounds of the internet is moving into the realm of abstraction).

For your logic, how many sit-ups and push-ups can you do? Your results may be limited by this. As in, "I can't give away that many prizes because I'm tired of doing push-ups." It need not make sense. It could be that you'll ring a golden bell. When your site is popular and you're giving away lots of prizes you can make a Flash animation of a continuously-ringing golden bell and it would still work.

Nice work. I can almost see it on the horizon.

So we can change the logic at any time, after we start? So Dodec could do the sit-ups until a certain point and then the flash animation after that point? And does the second point need to be established when the Genius is created?

The logic would not change, as a bell would still be rung (if your logic is, "Ring a bell every time...").

But if you change it from "Ring a bell..." to "Do a sit-up..." ,then you would need to make a new Genius model.
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cha-ol,

So I said, 'I want ___.'

Then I mapped it out in my mind, picturing the neuronicons. Went over them a couple times.

After that I thought about life post-___ and what would happen, what I'd do.

Now what?
 Quoting: CatCarel

Re-read how the Genius works :)
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Symbol: I created a Genius symbol for the feeling I have during our first travel to the mountains with our new Ford S-Max car. The symbol is made of two cardboards, white and blue. It is something like an origami that I made randomly. Also glued it together so it won't fall apart.

Here you can see a picture of it: [link to img692.imageshack.us]

Sorry for the bad image quality, it seems this is all my phone camera is capable of in low light.

I have been planning such a journey with my family for a long time and it is far more relevant to me than just getting a car. Probably it works even better, like it did for Chaol using the symbol for fixing the rim scratches of his Bentley.

Car details:
- 7 leather seats
- heated front seats
- electronically adjustable and foldable mirrors
- air conditioned
- metallic white color and the windows are darkened from the B pillar
- 163 hp 2.0 TDCi engine with 6 shift manual transmission
- 17" light alloy rims, 225/50 R17 tires
- automatic tire pressure checking
- the driver seats adjusts electronically and has 4 memory slots
- Sony hifi
- sunroof
- Converse+ dashboard screen
- adaptive tempomat
- navigation
- parking camera

Possibility/space: Ford dealership.
I will bring this symbol with me on Saturday (November 17) to a Ford dealership, where I am going to test drive an S-Max (not mine though, because it does not have leather seats, but looks similar to mine). I will try to ask if I can leave my symbol there or just simply leave it on the counter at the right moment :) As far as I know it does not matter if they throw it away, it is still an interaction. However I think I will put it to somewhere where it can interact with its surroundings for as long as possible.

Interaction: new car magazines and pamphlets nearby. People planning to buy a Ford. Ford dealership personnel. Lot of Ford cars. Car parts. Paperwork. Keys.

Logic/rules: until I get in my own S-Max, whenever I see an S-Max, I will smack with my fingers. If I see it has leather seats, I will smack twice. If I see one completely identical to the one I'd like, I will smack three times: right hand - left hand - right hand.

Chaol, do you think the above could work? Should I include less details maybe for the car, or is it okay if I have a goal with that much details?
 Quoting: madcaddy

Hi.

Let your sub-conscious work out the details.

For your Interaction element, how would you like your Symbol to interact?
Chaol

Italy
11/15/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Symbol: I created a Genius symbol for the feeling I have during our first travel to the mountains with our new Ford S-Max car. The symbol is made of two cardboards, white and blue. It is something like an origami that I made randomly. Also glued it together so it won't fall apart.

Here you can see a picture of it: [link to img692.imageshack.us]

Sorry for the bad image quality, it seems this is all my phone camera is capable of in low light.

I have been planning such a journey with my family for a long time and it is far more relevant to me than just getting a car. Probably it works even better, like it did for Chaol using the symbol for fixing the rim scratches of his Bentley.

Car details:
- 7 leather seats
- heated front seats
- electronically adjustable and foldable mirrors
- air conditioned
- metallic white color and the windows are darkened from the B pillar
- 163 hp 2.0 TDCi engine with 6 shift manual transmission
- 17" light alloy rims, 225/50 R17 tires
- automatic tire pressure checking
- the driver seats adjusts electronically and has 4 memory slots
- Sony hifi
- sunroof
- Converse+ dashboard screen
- adaptive tempomat
- navigation
- parking camera

Possibility/space: Ford dealership.
I will bring this symbol with me on Saturday (November 17) to a Ford dealership, where I am going to test drive an S-Max (not mine though, because it does not have leather seats, but looks similar to mine). I will try to ask if I can leave my symbol there or just simply leave it on the counter at the right moment :) As far as I know it does not matter if they throw it away, it is still an interaction. However I think I will put it to somewhere where it can interact with its surroundings for as long as possible.

Interaction: new car magazines and pamphlets nearby. People planning to buy a Ford. Ford dealership personnel. Lot of Ford cars. Car parts. Paperwork. Keys.

Logic/rules: until I get in my own S-Max, whenever I see an S-Max, I will smack with my fingers. If I see it has leather seats, I will smack twice. If I see one completely identical to the one I'd like, I will smack three times: right hand - left hand - right hand.

Chaol, do you think the above could work? Should I include less details maybe for the car, or is it okay if I have a goal with that much details?
 Quoting: madcaddy

I got such a kick out of your symbol. Heh! Anyway, I'd say the symbol may get a lot of interaction in the trash too. Someone will throw it in the trash. Other things will be thrown in the trash with it, the bag will be put in a vehicle where other bags of trash may be thrown in. It will go to the dump where other stuff will be dumped around it.

Thanks for reminding me of the Nov 17 nexus. I forgot all about it. Dangit, now I have to re-think my Genius plans.

Chaol, I go to the bank on Tuesdays with my symbol. Can I just add Saturday, Nov 17th to my logic too? Or would it be better to create another symbol for that date even if I am using the same space? Or should I create another symbol and use a different space at the bank for that date?

So many choices!!!!

You've already set it with Logic, so you'll need to make a new one.

You can still use both, however.
Chaol

User ID: 27806659
France
11/15/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thought: Have proof of transaction that shows I transferred USD 450MM to 9 separate accounts, each receiving USD 50MM.

Direct Symbol: Breakage Crowdfunding Page

Space: Indiegogo website

Interaction: People interfacing with crowd-funding page

Logic: Whenever someone makes a donation of less than $250 USD, I will generate a "buzz" noise

Whenever someone donates $500 USD or more I will generate a clap.

Whenever someone comments on the page I will add a "." to a Word document.

Indirect Symbol: iooooy
 Quoting: dodec 20177375

Your Logic element is free to roam, however don't forget that it's purpose is to solidity what your symbol represents in your perspective. This is done by building rules and guidelines around your representation.

Logic for your Symbol.

You could use other logic, for example, but creating the Logic for your Symbol is more effective.

GLP