Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,050 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 860,642
Pageviews Today: 1,530,554Threads Today: 647Posts Today: 11,471
05:33 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Chaol

User ID: 1172244
Malaysia
12/27/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
hey chaol,

or if anyone could help.
it would be greatly appreciated.

How do I prevent myself from perceiving violence and harm and threats?

I want to live in a utopian world, with peace, prosperity, and happiness; however somehow, negativity and crappy things/harmful things keep coming into my perception, as I perceive what other cruel Humans are doing.

please give me advice and suggestions as to how to remove ALL negativity from my perception.

thank you truly, from my heart.

best
regards

and thanks for giving a helping hand to your fellow Humans. As I am sure all appreciate it, as well as myself.

keep up the good work!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30916785

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. We'll try to find out what's going on.

May I ask, do you think there is negativity in your perceptions, or negativity in your interpretation?

If you are perceiving something negative would it be the same perception for everyone?
Chaol

User ID: 30492829
Thailand
12/27/2012 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
How is there perspective without consciousness?
 Quoting: Unit3

* We are not human (we are perspectives)

Quoting: chaol 183770

Human? Yes :)

Quoting: Chaol

In truth, Chaol sometimes contradicts himself :)
 Quoting: Marshwiggle

Are you using the above as an example of a supposed contradiction?

"Does your girlfriend know what you are?" is pretty ambiguous.

I don't mind clarifying a contradition, as long as the question is clear.

Yes, I saw this as a contradiction. You originally said we are not human and then you said your girlfriend knows you to be human.
I don't know what Queen Jay meant by the question.
 Quoting: Marshwiggle

heh.. I thought the question, "Does your girlfriend know who you are?" was an amusing one.

Yes, I am human.

But I am also not human. As not-human as you are.

It depends on the context, I suppose.

As I've mentioned on the Ecsys website:

Our physical body is a massive collection of both physical and non-physical consciousness. (In a similar manner, our mind operates in both physical and non-physical stages.) Approximately 100 trillion bacterial cells, each with its own individual consciousness and thoughts, inhabit our body. We have 10 times more bacterial cells in our body than human cells. What we refer to as human DNA actually has more than 1,000 times more microbial genes than what we think of as human genes. We are, in reality, not human.

As soon as we are born, bacteria move in. They stake claims in our digestive and respiratory tracts, our teeth, our skin. They establish increasingly complex communities, like a forest that gradually takes over a clearing. By the time we’re a few years old, these communities have matured, and we carry them with us, more or less, for our entire lives. Our bodies harbor 100 trillion bacterial cells, outnumbering our human cells 10 to one. It’s easy to ignore this astonishing fact.

So we call ourselves human when we are not.

The answer depends on how deep the question seems to want to go, I suppose.

Does she know about who I am? And what I did last summer? Yes.

Am I human in my other life? As human as you are now.

But she does not know that I post here.
Chaol

User ID: 6594882
Spain
12/27/2012 04:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,

Can we please move on to some advanced uses of genius, ecsys, visualization, etc. Thank you.

Not-Chaol
 Quoting: Not-Chaol 5877556

Certainly.

What do you think the next sub-topic of discussion should be about, specifically?

For my next magic trick I will try to pull the Chaol out of not-Chaol. So that we can see how we are each within one-another, starting with not-Chaol.

Last Edited by Chaol on 12/27/2012 04:42 AM
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 11481360
United States
12/27/2012 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
A few random thoughts regarding this thread:

I found the concept of everything arising from nothing to be initially off putting and a bit disturbing. "Nothing" has a rather negative connotation in common use. When I reconsider it to be "no-thing" it becomes much more palatable.

In a similar vain, I find the concept of all of what we experience to be an "illusion" to be rather negative as well, much as though you had said it was a "counterfit" experience. You could say that what we experience is an idea, and that would be more positive or you could say it is an "expression" and neither of these would carry the negative baggage that illusion does.

It would seem that the idea of the "genius" or subconcious equates to "God", yes?

By knowing God, we are promised a qualitative change in our experience which is to say we gain "joy" or the "peace that passeth understanding" what Chaol is describing is a way to gain more of the same experience more quickly with no commensurate qualitative change which seems a bit hollow.

I am not meaning to be completely critical, I keep coming back to this thread because it is the most fascinating one on GLP!

Cheers, and Happy New Year!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12844162

Earlier in this thread I've used nothing-in-particular, which is probably more accurate.

It is not my goal to use language that is seen as positive. (I can't say I know much about what that might be, anyway.) But I also don't want to write too much (haha.. somewhat kidding) so I say "nothing" for short.

However, to say it is an expression or an idea would not convey what I am trying to express.

I think "composite" would be more accurate, though I don't want to use too many terms that seem technical. I try to write for everyone and no-one-in-particular.

Genius would not equate to a more political or cultural (?) term like 'god'. The word carries too much weight and many implications.

I experience joy in my life to be sure, but I do not write about "joy" or the "peace that passeth understanding". We are free to choose how to interpret our own experience (thanks, Jesse!). To me, a nice cold pizza is a joyful experience but perhaps others are looking for something more substantial.

So I prefer to discuss tools that can be used for anything-at-all. You can decide what to do with it.

(I don't mind any criticality. I look forward to it, actually.)

Here's to an exciting 2013!

Cheers Chaol. (thank you for the thank you and for "coincidentally" being listed in Malaysia for your post, as my wife's family is "from Malaysia")

Somehow your thread retains it's excitement and I find myself constantly checking it (whenever I have the spare time) as if I am reading a book I cannot put down but I am waiting for the next page to be written. I've been experiencing meditation and my dreams in much the same way. On the flip-side, I Work an 8:00 am to 4:30 pm day job as a customer service representative for a health insurance company (I see the job as fairly Ironic) and I've done it for over 10 years now. I look forward (lol I know (intellectually) looking forward is a waste(hope), but I just can't seem to shed what I perceive to be the foundation of my physical wealth and stability) to the day that I can put my "day job" behind me and move on to a career that will feel much like experiencing the unfolding of this thread, my dreams, personal life and meditation.

Here's to an exciting 2013, indeed.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Unit3

User ID: 9834739
United States
12/27/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think that my response can be summed up as, "point B is never clearly defined".
As we cannot perceive of something directly, so too would point B not be perceived directly. Thus, we cannot clearly define it.

That is how I see it too. I wrote it to Unit3 using different words:

"We think that point B is in the realm of our imagination. But this realm is blurry to us. But since we live in our imagination/dreams (our subjective world, as we call it), the realm of reality also looks blurry (because we always see reality from the perspective of our dream).
So, it seems that defining point A is the hard bit."

To put it an other way, if you want to drive to Arlington you could:

1) Ask questions and provide answers consciously, perhaps by looking at a map

2) Get in the car and go somewhere specific. It doesn't matter where.
I am suggesting #2, with the important point to have a clear idea in mind about any destination. It need not be Arlington in order to get to Arlington.

Nowhere in my posts suggested what one could do if he wants to be in Arlington (asking Q&As, looking at the map etc).

I wrote that we need Q&As to produce "Arlington".
After that, our job is done and the Genius will take over.

No need to talk about #1 and/or #2.

However, I honestly see the value in helping us remember that B is here with us, at point A.
Maybe asking Q&As about B will somehow reveal where A is. Where we stand "now". And then we may not need to define anything. We will just float towards it.
 Quoting: panoukos

<<So, it seems that defining point A is the hard bit.>>

Indeed, though it may be difficult to understand that for most of us.

But "point B" is a value in the now and here. (And our perspective of point B will be different when we get there.)

Defining point A or B is impossible because of the nature of perspective. We have only to define something and work with it as though it was either.

So, that's why I say the questions and answers are irrelevant. They need not be relevant to be useful.

Lightbulb went on! Both perspectives are here, right now. We just label them. We work with symbols to change perspective so we can experience something else.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka
Not-Chaol
User ID: 5877556
Canada
12/27/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Chaol,

Can we please move on to some advanced uses of genius, ecsys, visualization, etc. Thank you.

Not-Chaol

Certainly.

What do you think the next sub-topic of discussion should be about, specifically?

For my next magic trick I will try to pull the Chaol out of not-Chaol. So that we can see how we are each within one-another, starting with not-Chaol.

I would like to understand how to use visualization to play golf shots that result in a desired outcome. You mentioned that when you use your version of visualization the outcome is more or less guaranteed. I think that using this example could be easily transferred over for similar experiences by the other forum participants. Thanks.

Not-Chaol
Unit3

United States
12/27/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

I love illustrative examples. Thanks.

So, we are teaching our waking mind what the subconscious already knows. Since we don't know how we use the Genius, are we actually functioning only through the subconscious currently?

You could also say that we are that which makes up the subconscious.

It's filled with all kinds of everything. Parts that know, parts that don't know.

We are the story of a part of it, and it is us.

The cells in your hand are asking the same questions :)

Iow, what's the difference in the waking mind that knows it wants to get to Point B, but doesn't know how it happens....as compared to the waking mind that does know how it happens.

Practically-speaking...

Get to point B; waking mind does not know = 4 years, 3 months (exmaple)

Get to point B; waking mind knows how = 1 week

Get to point B; waking mind really knows and understands = a few nanoseconds

In the same way, your body "understands" things that the cells in your hand do not. It is experiencing time and space differently because of this understanding.

The understanding, however, is not a mental process. It is the relationship of values in its perspective.

Hope this helps.

Quoting Chaol: "Parts that know and parts that don't know."

I see this for sure. The way I'm expanding my perspective is trying a lot of new stuff. I think the most interesting discovery I've made is how easily I consciously make things unconscious...without realizing I"m even doing so!!!!!!

When I took the walk the other day where I focused on things I didn't like, I was shocked at how easily I made sure I didn't notice those things.

Today, I looked for new life in the things I love (per your suggestion) while I walked, and was amazed again at the conscious repression into unconsciousness....and also how to retrieve from the unconsciousness by noticing..... instead of sinking something out of "view."

I listened to a car drive by and kept listening as it went down the street....and could hear it almost a block away!!!!! Just because I chose to continue listening instead of sinking the sound into unconsciousness. Pretty neat!

Thank you for the example above of waking mind and really waking mind getting to point B! Very nice. hf

The body only knows things I don't know as long as I keep my perspective that way. correct? I'm stumbling over your statement: "It is the relationship of values in its perspective." This makes it sound as if the body has a different perspective to mine.

Yes, the body has a different perspective (though again there is only one perspective that, when used, appears to be infinite).

There's an entire life in just one breath. Can you imagine living and working your entire life towards the purpose that the body that you unknowingly help to make up could take a single breath?

The cells know not what they do from your point of view because from their point of view it is something very different. They dream about you as you dream about your other lives, to be sure ;)

It is translated into something useful and relative for each
perspective.

We live and work our entire lives toward a purpose that we know not, and see it very differently than how our 'expanded perspective' would see it.

The perspectives are equally valid, again, because each is relative to what surrounds it.

I don't want to give the impression that if you have this 'expanded perspective' that you will miss all of the joys of life... walking along a path or having interesting conversations with friends. It is just that you experience so much more of these walks and conversations and would have a new kind of walk and conversation that would be completely fulfilling in your life and seem to take forever. (But from our now-human perspective this kind of life may be hundreds or thousands years-long.)

Lightbulb! Everything is alive and I spend infinity experiencing it from infinite perspectives. Thank you, Chaol.

This beautiful conversation published here.
[link to crhacking.blogspot.com]
Unit3

United States
12/27/2012 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
In my post, I believe I defined my (illusory) obstacle and you've confirmed this for me. I believe this is rooted in the fear of losing (or belief that I will render irrelevant) that which I "cherish" (my precious).
 Quoting: Jesse Sovoda

Hope and Fear is what obstruct us from seeing clearly what is around us. Bear in mind though, that giving up Hope is much, much harder than beating Fear.

But which human would have given up Hope altogether for the sake of "seeing things clearly?" or to beat Fear?

Who would have given up "life" or "existence" in exchange for "nothing"? why?

But even if there is, how did he do it?

Hope and fear.. both articles of resistance not so unlike the other.

When we fear something we are still interacting with it, drawing it nearer.

When we hope something we are interacting with it, also, but it a way that speaks "that is not us", continuing the illusion of separation indefinitely.

Basically, letting go of fear is the realization that you are what you fear. What was feared only seems that way because of the resistance to a part of yourself (a process that creates all kinds of 'demons', so to speak) rather than more of what it actually is.

This conversation published here.
[link to cosmospoetry.blogspot.com]

Last Edited by ERE3 on 12/27/2012 12:38 PM
Unit3

United States
12/27/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Awwwwww! blwkss

Well, if I drink something, it won't stay in that form for long. It would probably be better to work with sunlight instead. We'll see but thanks for exploring this possibility with me. ;o)

Indeed, far easier to work with sunlight.

We don't play with it enough, I suppose.

I've been trying to think how to use sunlight. It's hard to define the space with it.

I guess the sunlight space could be used for accessing dream reality? So I can read from the sphinx library?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1633800
United States
12/27/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

I feel like I have changed a great deal of the programming I was taught. I understand this is something I am perceiving now so yes, the program is being re-created and/or changed now.

Yes, I would like to know who is changing the programming, LOL! I would like to know who is learning to use the Genius, who has a subconscious and who is perceiving. heh!

It's still hard to see it all as nothing or as illusion. I understand I feel I exist because I perceive and that's about it. The rest, I'm waiting for a lightbulb moment.

Who is reading this right now?

Can you imagine the endless physical, electrical, mathematical, and mechanical processes that you have control of right now because you are able to represent those complex processes?

No one is doing that but you.

You are capable of it because you inherently know how to represent anything and then work with those representations.

Yes, I can imagine all the endless things going on right now as I read this and it's because I have control of them....even though I don't consciously know how. But how does this tell me who I am? A mind?

You are the most beautiful and wondrous thing that could ever be imagined.

You are Something born of nothing-in-particular.

How amazing is that!?

You are that which takes an infinity of perceptions to try and reproduce.

All of the sonnets, birds, poems, clouds, hats, and swords in the world try, time and time again, to capture your essence. But cannot.

You are the life of life. The beauty of beauty. The wonder of wonder. That which things things try to be but cannot. That is how awesome you are.

They try through all manner of drama, seemingly to create a universe of things that, sadly, cannot capture even a small fragment of the impossible-to-perceive.

Although these things can be beautiful and not, happy and sad, at times thrilling or entirely boring, and everything in between, it is really just a distraction from your essence.

Who are you? You are whomever you are, whomever is possible to be.

But these things are confusing. Who wants to be nothing-in-particular when we can have the illusion of something-in-particular.

And so here you are. Impossible to define, impossible to perceive, impossible to merely think of.. but how wonderfully awesome is it that we can try.

And "try" is this essence. It is all we can do, and it is enough to create an endless universe of yourself, exploding at every moment and filling it again with an entirely new outlook of yourself.

But this "yourself" is not the you that wears clothes and eats food. It is YOU. The most relative thing to you. Your clothes do not illustrate this. The dishes on the table do not capture this. It is so wonderfully hidden because it is this nothing-in-particular, yet everything that could possibly be.

Are you alone? It would seem from my description that you are. What else is there when you are everything?

But the secret of this nothing-in-particular is that you have created an entire universe of perspective because this "alone" is irrelevant!

As soon as "nothing" is irrelevant it 'creates' SOMETHING. How can something be irrelevant when there is nothing else with which to compare?

So here you are.

"Alone in the universe..." is only something to be sad about if there was once two and now one.

Now there is an infinity of you so that it is impossible. And this beauty, these hats, these endless swords, and all the poems that will ever be written are a part of something entirely wondrous and beautiful.

Think of it as a gift from nowhere. It is only an illusion if there is something 'real' with which to compare it. So this story, these epic dramas we call existence is all that needs to be and is the most real thing that could ever possibly be.

You are all that you need to be right now. When I say that everything exists here and now I mean that there is no need to be anyone else, go anyplace else, do anything else, other than what you are doing right now.

Until this YOU perceives something else.

In one word, the you I have illustrated is Perfection.

W O W smile_hear Mesmerizing words! Thank you Chaol. I readed it loud and my 4 co-worker gathered around my desk. They thought I was writting a poem... hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30981878
Brazil
12/27/2012 07:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

I feel like I have changed a great deal of the programming I was taught. I understand this is something I am perceiving now so yes, the program is being re-created and/or changed now.

Yes, I would like to know who is changing the programming, LOL! I would like to know who is learning to use the Genius, who has a subconscious and who is perceiving. heh!

It's still hard to see it all as nothing or as illusion. I understand I feel I exist because I perceive and that's about it. The rest, I'm waiting for a lightbulb moment.

Can you imagine the endless physical, electrical, mathematical, and mechanical processes that you have control of right now because you are able to represent those complex processes?

You are capable of it because you inherently know how to represent anything and then work with those representations.

Yes, I can imagine all the endless things going on right now as I read this and it's because I have control of them....even though I don't consciously know how. But how does this tell me who I am? A mind?

How amazing is that!?

All of the sonnets, birds, poems, clouds, hats, and swords in the world try, time and time again, to capture your essence. But cannot.

You are the life of life. The beauty of beauty. The wonder of wonder. That which things things try to be but cannot. That is how awesome you are.

They try through all manner of drama, seemingly to create a universe of things that, sadly, cannot capture even a small fragment of the impossible-to-perceive.

Although these things can be beautiful and not, happy and sad, at times thrilling or entirely boring, and everything in between, it is really just a distraction from your essence.

But these things are confusing. Who wants to be nothing-in-particular when we can have the illusion of something-in-particular.

And so here you are. Impossible to define, impossible to perceive, impossible to merely think of.. but how wonderfully awesome is it that we can try.

And "try" is this essence. It is all we can do, and it is enough to create an endless universe of yourself, exploding at every moment and filling it again with an entirely new outlook of yourself.

But this "yourself" is not the you that wears clothes and eats food. It is YOU. The most relative thing to you. Your clothes do not illustrate this. The dishes on the table do not capture this. It is so wonderfully hidden because it is this nothing-in-particular, yet everything that could possibly be.

Are you alone? It would seem from my description that you are. What else is there when you are everything?

But the secret of this nothing-in-particular is that you have created an entire universe of perspective because this "alone" is irrelevant!

As soon as "nothing" is irrelevant it 'creates' SOMETHING. How can something be irrelevant when there is nothing else with which to compare?

So here you are.

"Alone in the universe..." is only something to be sad about if there was once two and now one.

Now there is an infinity of you so that it is impossible. And this beauty, these hats, these endless swords, and all the poems that will ever be written are a part of something entirely wondrous and beautiful.

Think of it as a gift from nowhere. It is only an illusion if there is something 'real' with which to compare it. So this story, these epic dramas we call existence is all that needs to be and is the most real thing that could ever possibly be.

You are all that you need to be right now. When I say that everything exists here and now I mean that there is no need to be anyone else, go anyplace else, do anything else, other than what you are doing right now.

:o
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 28639608
United States
12/28/2012 07:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Strange times. Be safe peeps.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

How amazing is that!?

So here you are.

Chaol, from my heart to yours, I offer you a warm welcome to our world. ;o) May we ever be reminded of our majesty.

beautifulu

Post published here:

[link to cosmospoetry.blogspot.com]

Last Edited by ERE3 on 12/28/2012 11:43 AM
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
AWESOME!!!!!! This is cool. Okay, so I'd also like to pick up a pen and write when I read stuff during dream time, so that I might have a better change of remembering it when awake. Hmmmmmm, so my taking notes from what we chat about here is an example of that, maybe?

Whatever you are doing now you are doing it both worlds.

You interpret it in one way in one world, and an other way in an other world.

As you write it down in your dream you are also writing it down in your waking world (however, this would probably be translated different in your waking world. Perhaps you'd take a boat ride and have a revelation whilst looking at the sheets of waves).

Also, are you talking about the dream where 3 of us in separate locations, in a 24 hour period experienced a similar type dream? And we haven't realized the value of that accomplishment? It was one event, right?

See, I want to have that happen again and again until it's my reality!!!!

There are multiple such instances.

Even one would be a world-changing feat. But it may take some time to let it sink in.

Can write a genius or a word to help it sink in faster?

Sure. Come up with a word with a meaning of "shared dreaming" and use it.

And the sentence I use it in does not have to extend the meaning of the word? Correct?

I chose LatKet for my word but I could say, Hey look, it's LatKet outside.

And, are the words around the made up word considered interaction? Iow, is this a condensed Genius so to speak?
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
So I perceive "my" world as generations that differ? And I perceive you saying that in your world hot and cold water have different tones?

It's all my perspective? And I can change it to one where "my" world is one of abundance for all, with crazy, awesome technology and abilities to travel the universe with friends?

If you ever find a world with "abundance for all" please let me know where it is =)

It's in our subconscious. Everything is here now. How could it be otherwise?

heh.. yep. Got me on that one.

Heh! I can't even guess how many times you've straightened me out! afro
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Care to elaborate? Also, if you want to share the title to the book you're reading, I'd love to know more about it too.
;o)
Jesse Sovoda

User ID: 17738744
United States
12/28/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Care to elaborate? Also, if you want to share the title to the book you're reading, I'd love to know more about it too.
;o)

Not too much to elaborate on, I've got a "pending change" feeling. This sense that something significant is underway. Could just be the weather, finally got some snow here in Detroit.

Book? Oh that ol' thing? It's "Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30493537
Canada
12/28/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

;o)

Not too much to elaborate on, I've got a "pending change" feeling. This sense that something significant is underway. Could just be the weather, finally got some snow here in Detroit.

Book? Oh that ol' thing? It's "Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking."

That's a great book! Highly recommend it. 5 stars ;)
panoukos

User ID: 16199534
United Kingdom
12/28/2012 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think acceptance is huge. When we execute a Genius, there is no way we can know all the variables that need to take place to make what we want to happen. And probably, if we did, we would never want to use one.

Maybe I can clarify what I am saying in the post above.

Unit3, please accept my apologies for making you feel misunderstood, especially when my intention was the exact opposite.

I put the word "probably" from your quote in bold to depict that you had already decided that if you "knew all the variables that needed to take place to make what you want to happen", you wouldn't have made that "particular" wish. Not the Genius in general.

And for that, I tried to show (from my perspective of course) that thinking about the variables (whose number will make you decide to go for this or the other wish), or how you expect the genius to do its job, is exactly what we are not supposed to do. All we have to think of, is the "what" and "why". The "how" leave it to the genius.

But we all must know how to ask "what" and "why" from our previous wishes. What is so special about the genius, that we seem to have a problem with it now (defining point B, that is)?

(That's why I said "we don't know what to do about it").

Your remark is not only legitimate, is common to everyone of us (read Jesse's fear of not losing his precious).

Since I failed to tell what i saw in what you wrote, I will leave it there and maybe come back from another path.

I will try to amuse you though, with another old joke that sometimes reminds me of Chaol.

patient: Doctor, every time I drink tea, I have an ache in my right eye.
Doc: Next time, take out the teaspoon from the mug.
know thy word
Anonymous Coward
Canada
12/28/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

As you write it down in your dream you are also writing it down in your waking world (however, this would probably be translated different in your waking world. Perhaps you'd take a boat ride and have a revelation whilst looking at the sheets of waves).

Even one would be a world-changing feat. But it may take some time to let it sink in.

And the sentence I use it in does not have to extend the meaning of the word? Correct?

And, are the words around the made up word considered interaction? Iow, is this a condensed Genius so to speak?
Not-Chaol
Canada
12/28/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unit. Use the word in context. it's no different than pretending that the word "cat" is an accurate representation for the furry little animate creature, or that the thing you drive in is actually a "car".

Not-Chaol
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

;o)

I can't put that book down either. ;o)

Well it was interesting that you felt this and posted about it too. I was feeling the same thing for my area. We have been in a drought for quite a while. If we don't get rain and have our usual summer, it ain't gonna be good.
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think acceptance is huge. When we execute a Genius, there is no way we can know all the variables that need to take place to make what we want to happen. And probably, if we did, we would never want to use one.

Maybe I can clarify what I am saying in the post above.

Unit3, please accept my apologies for making you feel misunderstood, especially when my intention was the exact opposite.

I put the word "probably" from your quote in bold to depict that you had already decided that if you "knew all the variables that needed to take place to make what you want to happen", you wouldn't have made that "particular" wish. Not the Genius in general.

And for that, I tried to show (from my perspective of course) that thinking about the variables (whose number will make you decide to go for this or the other wish), or how you expect the genius to do its job, is exactly what we are not supposed to do. All we have to think of, is the "what" and "why". The "how" leave it to the genius.

But we all must know how to ask "what" and "why" from our previous wishes. What is so special about the genius, that we seem to have a problem with it now (defining point B, that is)?

(That's why I said "we don't know what to do about it").

Your remark is not only legitimate, is common to everyone of us (read Jesse's fear of not losing his precious).

Since I failed to tell what i saw in what you wrote, I will leave it there and maybe come back from another path.

I will try to amuse you though, with another old joke that sometimes reminds me of Chaol.

patient: Doctor, every time I drink tea, I have an ache in my right eye.
Doc: Next time, take out the teaspoon from the mug.

I'm so glad you are willing to keep communication between us. Thank you and of course, apologies accepted. I offer mine if I still don't quite catch on to your perspective.

I certainly agree that all we need to deal with is the "what" and "why" of the Genius. I'm also saying the variables are impossible for us to determine. So, letting the Genius do its job is easy, at least for me, because I realize this. After all, we are probably talking about trillions of interactions.

I completely understand Jesse's fear. I have lost my husband over my new perspective but I can't do anything about it. I won't go back and he won't come along. If he changes his mind, that's fine with me. But, I seriously doubt it will happen. He does not want to communicate any more. I've often said, life is messy!

I like your joke but I don't get it in regards to Chaol, heh!

Thanks again. It's nice getting to know you.
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unit. Use the word in context. it's no different than pretending that the word "cat" is an accurate representation for the furry little animate creature, or that the thing you drive in is actually a "car".

Not-Chaol

To me, you just described that it doesn't need to be used in context! blink
Not-Chaol
Canada
12/28/2012 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not-Chaol

Then I did not do a very good job explaining. When you are referring to the thing you call a "cat" you are using it in context. You don't call it a couch, stap, or a stronk. It is not in fact a "cat". The word "cat" is a representation for what that thing is which is far too complex to possibly comprehend in full.

Not-Chaol
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

For my Genius, I put the desire is to receive flowers from my true love. I didn't put anything else but I would like someone close to my age. I didn't know how to insert that and figured it would mess things up anyway.

I would suggest just "flowers" and then going from there.

"true love" is a very nebulous concept and I think would be quite difficult to represent.

That's not to say that you won't experience it using the Genius. I'm just suggesting you let your Genius figure out how it happens for you.

Okay, let me tell you something interesting and see what you think. I saw your post so I went to my Genius and changed it to just flowers...I took out true love.

But, I am wondering if I need to change the Genius since I changed the original desire for it. And, I noticed 2 of those links I posted re: Olaf, have since been removed from the GLP database.

Do you think this is related to me changing my Genius? heh! And do I need to re-write the Genius since I now changed my desire to just flowers?

Thanks

As a rule of thumb, any time your symbol is changed you should also change the other elements (in order of change-necessity): Logic, Interaction, Potential Energy

Meaning that if you change your symbol changing the Potential Energy is less important than changing the Logic.

If your intent changes then I would suggest you start over with new elements. They need not be drastically different. Perhaps a slight change is enough (provided you have not used it that much).

Okay, well starting 10/18/12, I started doing things such as reading about romantic beach getaways, subscribing to travel agencies and things like that.

Some time after that, I learned how to make a Genius. I know for sure I had my Genius by Nov. 17 because I connected it to the Nov. 17 nexus. I worked it that day (a lot) plus I have worked it weekly since I made it.

Then, a couple of days ago I changed it from "flowers from true love" to "receive flowers." What do you suggest I do now?

Here's the Genius if you want to look at it, (scroll down a bit). It might give you a better idea because I mark it under certain conditions:

[link to perceptionmap.blogspot.com]

Last Edited by ERE3 on 12/28/2012 10:54 PM
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
One other thing. It is probably not healthy to use the Genius out of fear and desperation. You would be adding "fear" and "desperation" to the equation, which would most likely scew the results against you. I think that, basically, you ask yourself, "What do I want?"

What is your dream?

However it is that you get around in your dreams, is how it works in reality. From what I've figured out, they're all dreams.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1523463

The Genius can see beyond those surface emotions.

It is smarter than we think it is ;)

It knows your true emotions.

Because is the very similar to how your reality works.

YOU are the Genius. It is just a pile of dung without this integral relationship.

I thought I'd post this for review. It never hurts to go over this stuff over and over again. At least, that's how I learn.
Unit3

United States
12/28/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not-Chaol

Then I did not do a very good job explaining. When you are referring to the thing you call a "cat" you are using it in context. You don't call it a couch, stap, or a stronk. It is not in fact a "cat". The word "cat" is a representation for what that thing is which is far too complex to possibly comprehend in full.

Not-Chaol

Got it now! Thanks. This could get complicated since I have 2 words I'm wanting to use. yeahsure
Chaol

User ID: 25669813
Australia
12/29/2012 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
A few random thoughts regarding this thread:

I found the concept of everything arising from nothing to be initially off putting and a bit disturbing. "Nothing" has a rather negative connotation in common use. When I reconsider it to be "no-thing" it becomes much more palatable.

In a similar vain, I find the concept of all of what we experience to be an "illusion" to be rather negative as well, much as though you had said it was a "counterfit" experience. You could say that what we experience is an idea, and that would be more positive or you could say it is an "expression" and neither of these would carry the negative baggage that illusion does.

It would seem that the idea of the "genius" or subconcious equates to "God", yes?

By knowing God, we are promised a qualitative change in our experience which is to say we gain "joy" or the "peace that passeth understanding" what Chaol is describing is a way to gain more of the same experience more quickly with no commensurate qualitative change which seems a bit hollow.

I am not meaning to be completely critical, I keep coming back to this thread because it is the most fascinating one on GLP!

Cheers, and Happy New Year!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12844162

Earlier in this thread I've used nothing-in-particular, which is probably more accurate.

It is not my goal to use language that is seen as positive. (I can't say I know much about what that might be, anyway.) But I also don't want to write too much (haha.. somewhat kidding) so I say "nothing" for short.

However, to say it is an expression or an idea would not convey what I am trying to express.

I think "composite" would be more accurate, though I don't want to use too many terms that seem technical. I try to write for everyone and no-one-in-particular.

Genius would not equate to a more political or cultural (?) term like 'god'. The word carries too much weight and many implications.

I experience joy in my life to be sure, but I do not write about "joy" or the "peace that passeth understanding". We are free to choose how to interpret our own experience (thanks, Jesse!). To me, a nice cold pizza is a joyful experience but perhaps others are looking for something more substantial.

So I prefer to discuss tools that can be used for anything-at-all. You can decide what to do with it.

(I don't mind any criticality. I look forward to it, actually.)

Here's to an exciting 2013!

Cheers Chaol. (thank you for the thank you and for "coincidentally" being listed in Malaysia for your post, as my wife's family is "from Malaysia")

Somehow your thread retains it's excitement and I find myself constantly checking it (whenever I have the spare time) as if I am reading a book I cannot put down but I am waiting for the next page to be written. I've been experiencing meditation and my dreams in much the same way. On the flip-side, I Work an 8:00 am to 4:30 pm day job as a customer service representative for a health insurance company (I see the job as fairly Ironic) and I've done it for over 10 years now. I look forward (lol I know (intellectually) looking forward is a waste(hope), but I just can't seem to shed what I perceive to be the foundation of my physical wealth and stability) to the day that I can put my "day job" behind me and move on to a career that will feel much like experiencing the unfolding of this thread, my dreams, personal life and meditation.

Here's to an exciting 2013, indeed.

For once, I can safely say that 'Malaysia' was entirely coincidental :)

About your work.. just keep in mind that there are two ways to think of money. As a real object that you need to trade for your time (like a factory worker), and as an abstract concept that is unlocked with ideas (like an author).
Chaol

User ID: 25669813
Australia
12/29/2012 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
<<So, it seems that defining point A is the hard bit.>>

Indeed, though it may be difficult to understand that for most of us.

But "point B" is a value in the now and here. (And our perspective of point B will be different when we get there.)

Defining point A or B is impossible because of the nature of perspective. We have only to define something and work with it as though it was either.

So, that's why I say the questions and answers are irrelevant. They need not be relevant to be useful.

Lightbulb went on! Both perspectives are here, right now. We just label them. We work with symbols to change perspective so we can experience something else.

You've got it!

GLP