Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,748 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 332,871
Pageviews Today: 545,371Threads Today: 183Posts Today: 3,254
07:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 730821
United States
09/03/2009 04:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
what form of transportation did you use to get here?

Interesting!

An analogy would be the kind of transportation you would use to go to medical school.

There are many kinds of transportation. Each type serves a purpose appropriate to the intention.

A "time traveler" for example would be expected to use a machine to "travel through time". However, no such machine is required when you're manipulating time right now.

We have discovered that the the most elemental force in the universe is perspective. We use perspective to our advantage. Here, it is taken more for granted.

I sometimes go back and forth, although I spend most of my time here.

There is no 'transportation' between spaces because there is no space. Only perspective.

So, we change perspective. (You do this all the time, too. Most obvious is when you go to dream.)

Thanks.

In other words you're a reality shifter. You're still you, you just mentally shifted into our universe within the multiverse.

Here in this universe, we call it reality shifting, quantum jumping and Law of Attraction. It's an emotional manipulation of the Multi-Verse and Wave Collapse interpretations of reality in order to shift into a desired reality.

All realities already exist according to the Multi-Verse interpretation of reality. By matching your emotional vibration and mental imagery to the vibration of the universe(outcome) you desire and feeling it now, the Wave Collapse interpretation cancels out the other universes from your perspective and leaves the one you want.

I assume that's how you got here.
 Quoting: Reality Shifter 675262

again...wow...great instruction here in this thread for enlightened thinking 'outside of the box'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 728812
United Kingdom
09/03/2009 04:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Math is the only science that does not need to be based on reality. The other sciences, the natural sciences, do need to be based on reality.

Hello again OP,
do you have anything to offer us of your understanding of prime numbers?

Thanks

728812, do you think that there is someting special to understand of prime numbers?
Retorical question, of course; if you didn't think so, you wouldn't have formulated such a question.
Why don't you share what YOU think on the matter?

OP, I'm far from sure that "Math" can be labeled a "science", unless you are prepared to do the same for phylosophy, for example.

They are both "foundations" for science, which is quite different.

Have you experienced Jnani Yoga, Zen Buddhism and similar disciplines, OP?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 762124

I do think that there is something special in prime numbers, although my thoughts on it are incomplete and might not sound coherent to others, however I will try.

As unlikely as it may sound, the OP's answer was along the lines of my own work. Symmetry of numbers goes a lot deeper than one might at first imagine, on exploration, numbers and "components" of numbers exhibit symmetry of different types, not just reflection symmetry. The number nine is important in this concept, and the multiples of nine, e.g. 36. 36 would "interact" with another number creating symmetry at a different scale to that of 9. Fibonacci is manifest in the numbers in extraordinary ways and while it is true that the "mechanism" is simple the manifestation of the Fibonacci patterns is very, very deep, a kind of attractor, so to speak. I am over time, through effort "internalising" the Fibonacci numbers and their patterns.

I asked of the OP's perspective, so that I my experience my own ideas in relation to his.
chaol (OP)
User ID: 183770
Canada
09/03/2009 05:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, I'm far from sure that "Math" can be labeled a "science", unless you are prepared to do the same for phylosophy, for example.

They are both "foundations" for science, which is quite different.

Have you experienced Jnani Yoga, Zen Buddhism and similar disciplines, OP?

Considered!

Although I haven't known of Jnani Yoga, I have of Zen Buddhism. I appreciate the Tao te Ching for its simplicity.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/03/2009 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
All realities already exist according to the Multi-Verse interpretation of reality. By matching your emotional vibration and mental imagery to the vibration of the universe(outcome) you desire and feeling it now, the Wave Collapse interpretation cancels out the other universes from your perspective and leaves the one you want.

This is exactly what I have tried to explain to my ex-wife...who is trapped in her own negetive reality...some people are like a black hole...once they get to a certain point they can't see thier way out of it...very very sad...and there is NOTHING you can do for them at that point...you can only hope and pray they come across a realization themselves....
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/03/2009 05:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Science has shown this to be true...in the nature of subatomic particles...when a partilce is observed the wavefo
rm collapses into singularity of an event of observation...
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 05:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
In other words you're a reality shifter. You're still you, you just mentally shifted into our universe within the multiverse.

Here in this universe, we call it reality shifting, quantum jumping and Law of Attraction. It's an emotional manipulation of the Multi-Verse and Wave Collapse interpretations of reality in order to shift into a desired reality.

I assume that's how you got here.
 Quoting: Reality Shifter 675262

Hello!

It is something we each do quite often. I wouldn't describe it with the same concepts, of course, but I suppose the idea is the same.

In our world, many of us have learned how to do it intentionally.

It can be thought of as "focus".

Thanks.
Rosinante
User ID: 670758
Canada
09/03/2009 05:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP- Is there a concise way to explain the relationship of your premise of 'relationships' and the conundrum of 'perspective' as it would relate to dreams?
Also, the relevance, if any, to the Univeral Unconcious or Akashic Records as postulated by Jung or accessed by Cayce?
Cheers- Rosi
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 711803
United States
09/03/2009 05:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Could you tell us some details about these 4 elements, the formulas and the relationships, and the structure of your language?

Hello! Surely...

The four elements are ion, axon, chaon, elementon. (There is a 5th, but it's not used.)

Each can have a numerical value and context value. They are 1, 2, 3, 5, respectively.

An ion is structure.
An axon is potential energy.
A chaon is interaction.
An elementon is representation.

The basic formulas are:

* 1+2=3
* 2+3=5
* 5-3=2
* 3-2=1

So, for example: an ion element + an axon element = a chaon element (1+2=3)

To illustrate this example, let's say that a building is an ion element (structure; 1). The space inside the building is an axon element (potential energy; 2). So when you add these two elements together you get interactivity (chaon; 3).
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 183770

Chaon = axon + ion

analogus to

vacuum energy(chaon) = scalar(axon) + vector(ion)

or

Quaternion(chaon) = Scalar(axon) + Vector(ion)

or

Q = S + V

or

Q = w + (ix + jy + kz)

or differentiating;

Q = d/dw + (id/dx + jd/dy + kd/dz)

or

Q = d/dw + Del
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762124
Italy
09/03/2009 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
And examples of the shaky ground would be ...

Hello!

I say that the scientific method cannot be tested scientifically because the foundations of the method rest upon assumptions independent from experience.

As someone has put it better than myself:

"..there are certain philosophical assumptions made at the base of the scientific method - namely, that reality is objective and consistent, that humans have the capacity to perceive reality accurately, and that rational explanations exist for elements of the real world. These assumptions are the basis of naturalism, the philosophy on which science is grounded.."

The nature of something cannot be observed independently of the observation (as it really is). There will always be "perception" of something, even if you are perceiving something through an apparatus.

Math is the only science that does not need to be based on reality. The other sciences, the natural sciences, do need to be based on reality.

Today's science does not test its core assumptions. Because that would mean the end of science as we know it. Why would it want to kill itself?

Thanks.
 Quoting: chaol 183770

Interesting, but not quite satisfactory, answer. This is a good thread, and it seems worth a serious answeer.

Are you sure that "scientifically test" the scientific method makes sense? It is a phylosofical principle and its only possible test is "if it works".

About the "assumptions independent from experience", you quote that text (author?) that seems to refer more to the way many perceive science as a kind of faith - which includes a lot of scientists, but far, very far from all of them.

A true, open minded scientist doesn't assume that reality is "absolutely" objective and consistent (not written in the text but implied, otherwise the phrase doesn't make sense), but that it is "relatively" so in a limited slice of time and space; such a person accepts the possibility of evolution and changes.
The same applies to "perceive the reality accurately", that in reality is only a process of improving approximations, quite conscious of the possibilities of errors.

Not very shaky, I would say, A (decreasing) little, yes, but with the full knowledge that it is so.

After those remarks, you still think that "Today's science does not test its core assumptions .. "? that seems a partisan judgement, more on the plane of chemtrails or zero-point folklore.

I appreciate the quotes in "alternate universe", that could be only of the mind, you never explicitly state that is is physical; acceptintG the game, when did you "arrive in this reality". An exact answer (YEAR) would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to you
ntisithoj

User ID: 762151
Argentina
09/03/2009 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
i really don't 'believe' OP is an alternate time/space tourist that appeared here... and there are a million questions about the 'reality' of that that I could ask... but ultimately none of that matters, because what is being said... weather by an alien, angel, time traveler, Nth dimensions projection, or any other mental construct we need to create in order to grok it... is freaking awesome!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 728812
United Kingdom
09/03/2009 05:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
i really don't 'believe' OP is an alternate time/space tourist that appeared here... and there are a million questions about the 'reality' of that that I could ask... but ultimately none of that matters, because what is being said... weather by an alien, angel, time traveler, Nth dimensions projection, or any other mental construct we need to create in order to grok it... is freaking awesome!
 Quoting: ntisithoj

I think that the OP's origin is certainly less important than his ideas/theories/thoughts
Ozicell

User ID: 761903
Australia
09/03/2009 06:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Hello!

Prime numbers are just a display of symmetry. I suppose kind of like the mathematical difference between squiggly lines and a square. You can use the square to create useful things like tables, whereas setting your drink on a squiggly would be more amusing.

Fibonacci is also interesting as has its own symmetry that you don't readily see. For example, if you take any fibonacci number and multiply it by "123" the result is a number that has a difference from another fibonacci number of a fibonacci number.

For example, the 26th fibonacci number is 121,393.

Multiply that by 123 to get 14,931,339. Take the 36th fibonacci number (26th+10) and subtract it from 14,931,339 and you get 987, which is the 16th fibonacci number. (or, the 20th place number X 123 - 30th place number = 10th place number)

I won't get into prime numbers here. The squares are "too useful" for those who want to create other things besides pretty tables.

Thanks.
 Quoting: chaol 183770

Speaking of Fibonacci, have you seen the latest crop circle?

Please have a look - I would be interested in your thoughts on this one!

[link to www.cropcircleconnector.com]
That which is - has already been, And what is to be - has already been. Quote: King Solomon.
Ozicell

User ID: 761903
Australia
09/03/2009 06:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
:Crop circl:
That which is - has already been, And what is to be - has already been. Quote: King Solomon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 488035
United States
09/03/2009 08:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would like to know about the fifth element.

Since there is a fifth element it must exist and if it exists even if it's only in one's perspective there must be a purpose for it.

Can you please discus the fifth element and it's relation to the other four elements?

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762145
Germany
09/03/2009 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
what do you think about love?

is this also a perspective of relationships between things?

and what´s about the unconditional love?

what role does it play in changing a perspective?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS!

have a nice stay in our reality my friend! hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 505190
United States
09/03/2009 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
well, someone made it over, but here is the other place, if it is not a kind of crime here, I guess.

[link to www.timetravelinstitute.com]

But really my perspective can only gain to such a future if I allow the relationship to control my perspective. Then all sort of other questions crop up out of that:

what is the purpose then?
what actual relationship can that have when it only can be imagined?
And I suppose - what new meaning does this have with applying with anything (as to individual relationships)?

P.S. The only relationship that could apply is if other people are willing to reciprocate the same general trend as to having a relationship in the first place of that kind.
As I stated then, there will be many people not willing to allow that to happen no matter how it is presented, perceived, given a perspective, or even thought about.

A long, long, long time ago, humans came into being on this planet (but now we are not humans according to your first post). However the evolution or creation went, perhaps we are just mutants from some other intelligent species that already existed in Time before humans came to the form as they now know.

The anatomy is still just anatomy.
The drudgery of the reality of physicalness that persists.

Well, excuse the Time Not 0 and well I do not really know - Rainman Time except for what is posted.

But then, there are postings about any of all of that time travelling stuff over there if one looks a little to past threads.

I think religion is the only perspective here on this worldline now and for the last 2000 or more years. I just wonder why humans want to enslave theirselves with the religion instead of enlightning theirselves. Of course then the relationship is again what it always becomes - an opinion, and the perspective is always whether the person agrees or disagrees with the perspective that holds the relationship of the people expounding upon the agreement anyway.

Sorry, I just don't agree with anything, and that may seem anti-social but really -- I just don't believe in mind control which it then seems to turn out to be. It is all relative.
Enough babbling, I guess I better do something to make me think that I am working towards something or other something which other people could not decide, did not care to ask, and only ended up wanting more of a person's life by doing something else, because - a person showed up and their supported their perspective (and thus the relationship) as being for their favor in bolstering their own further perspective but actually wrecking the relationship to begin with.

In this worldline, we have quite a few type of those type of people - people only interested in wrecking the relationship unless they gain something gratitude of money for even talking and having a relationship.

They essentially to me in my opinion only wish to control and mind control in the end, thus leaving me as something to avoid in the future, for they keep coming on with their whimsical type of only that type of relationship.

It is to me unethical, demon based, and they confer that everyone else is doing that also.

Well, here we all are - I guess - in Hell according to religion.

I doubt if the (OP) originator of this thread will be able to grant anyone anything about any new way of thinking or perspective or relationship.

Hello, I am a dummy then, but I am not the crash test dummy and brainless, although whether I have a brain or consciousness may be considered to be another question.

I suppose to our way of thinking now, they keep inferring that I do have a consciousness and that they can step on mine. I find that a bit just stupid as to their claims upon anything like anything else that they claim.

There can be no relationship with such people in the end. We and I are not slaves. But here it comes anyway, for the discussion is probably soon to become political even though that may not be mentioned.

Please excuse the people whos head hurts. They are trying to make it seem as if it does not. I don't really find that amusing anymore. The relationship soured a while after they afflicted theirselves in the first place.

Well, if the OP can explain that - just keep posting anyway.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 655001
United States
09/03/2009 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
And also if you want to - explain two corrupt political parties who think that them passing more laws is their act of going to college, only to have more corruption out of criminal mismanagement and weasel discrimination from the first people who started up drugs in this Country - we were there but not involved being in college until we were and can prove that we were attacked and fed more lies out of their faces.

That is white collar management young people at the time and drugged-up it ain't a crime vietnam police action veterans who to this day think that with their drugged-up brains they can still weasel people with their gun-toting owning but peaceful we are the police (of what - this Country not) drugged-up faces like the politicians at the time.

Too busy dreaming up their next perceptions of being to busy to offer anything more than being so corrupt that they think anyone else like the civilians their faces attacked believe anything even the police or their management faces state.

The Hell we do, we were there, and we are the witnesses to this corruption and continual lying corrupt endeavors.

Explain any type of relationship with babyboomers who are weasels at every turn, can not even program a computer, have no brains, because they just don't have a brain anymore no matter what they state, and the real question:

Why would you want to be on a worldline that only ends up destroying its self because these weasels think they can pull this crap out of their arses?

But don't worry, if you don't answer these posts, well, no harm, no foul, no nothing, but then sidestepping these type of people and their mass delusional - we went to college - we are not criminals anymore - mass delusion is something that seems to be entertaining.

All they want is more money to feed their egotisic anti-social view of their own beliefs. Sorry, there is no relationship from these people, it ended so long ago, that they continue on with their accusations and assaults like some whore-house veterans which they probably are.

If this Nation continues with their ideas, then it deserves to have John Titor's future.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/03/2009 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
OH, they don't have "time" because actually to them I suggest they think that there is too many people in this world, and they only can be selfish, help theirselves, their lies and more of their deception, while blaming anyone else for what they do.

They are Correct. There are too many people in this World, according to them. The problem is that they are the too many people, and not the people, of this world.

Well, this conversation ought to be interesting, then to how I guess the future - thinks!

With a capital "T" - Thinks!
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/03/2009 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh, they state probably that they were new to this agenda coming out of some others, and only sought to make the world better by ignoring paying and still refusing to pay any fines, as long as the rest of us civilians who were attacked and weaseled can pay the fines.

Screw these not going to pay weasels.

They claim they have more Rights and Freedoms and do not abide by the U.S. Constitution, but their laws have not equalled out what is really going on and still now they are going to continue with what - the new President.

Slavery was a War and a Civil War in this Country, and still they continue to pass on their own Adversity to continue their premis.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
op do you believe there exists a single force at the center of all things i.e.-God that we are all connected at the highest of dimensions?
And related to this what do you think of the concept of 'nonduality'...that we are living in an illusion of seperateness from the source?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 730821

Hello!

To answer your question, I believe that the apparent separations are the way perspectives work.

Thus, that there is no center. ("Center" would be more of a physically-based concept. Where is the center of an idea, for example? There is no exact source of the idea, or origin, when you're talking about things on this 'level')

This is a big question that can be answered in several ways.

Although it may appear that we 'forget' about our relationship to the whole we do not actually.

The whole, so to speak, is contained in its parts.

It's not the we are connected or disconnected. The concept of connection or disconnection (in the most absolute way) is irrelevant. It would be like asking a chair for its mobile phone number.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/03/2009 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only the same answer comes out on really what to do, and all they will state is that firing those people are what to do.

What?

So they can continue to go on and seek all their glory and fame and money from others who follow them.

I seek no one to follow me, but the entire situation, is handed over to them - the ones who claim they are not killing theirselves off of this planet like the rest of the radical muslims.

Anyone can say and speak anything except now they want to continue to discount it as to what they all are doing?

The only relationship to have with these type of people is to make computers so intelligent that it explains to these people forever, that computers are the only thing that their Acts and Speech is going to end up with.

The rest of us a long time ago decided we were the ones who wanted relationships, they will never convince us that they want one. They only want to control, and they are not humans in the normal sense of the word.

Well, go on with your way of thinking I guess in the future.

You may just have to end up just talking to your computer.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I do think that there is something special in prime numbers, although my thoughts on it are incomplete and might not sound coherent to others, however I will try.

As unlikely as it may sound, the OP's answer was along the lines of my own work. Symmetry of numbers goes a lot deeper than one might at first imagine, on exploration, numbers and "components" of numbers exhibit symmetry of different types, not just reflection symmetry. The number nine is important in this concept, and the multiples of nine, e.g. 36. 36 would "interact" with another number creating symmetry at a different scale to that of 9. Fibonacci is manifest in the numbers in extraordinary ways and while it is true that the "mechanism" is simple the manifestation of the Fibonacci patterns is very, very deep, a kind of attractor, so to speak. I am over time, through effort "internalising" the Fibonacci numbers and their patterns.

I asked of the OP's perspective, so that I my experience my own ideas in relation to his.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 728812

Hello!

We can make the mistake and think that numbers are the absolute truth. Or we can think that numbers are simply representations.

The apparent "absolution" of the numbers to us (and the beauty of the relationships, the symmetry) is because it is most relative to our perspective.

You could say that it is a cognitive bias.

Everything has symmetry and what would be called "prime numbers" (or prime relationships). It is just that the concept of numbers is so ingrained in our reality that we can see this more readily.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762411
Germany
09/03/2009 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
the most interesting thread here for months....but my english is too poor to understand everything....
chaol....do you speak german also?
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 01:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is exactly what I have tried to explain to my ex-wife...who is trapped in her own negetive reality...some people are like a black hole...once they get to a certain point they can't see thier way out of it...very very sad...and there is NOTHING you can do for them at that point...you can only hope and pray they come across a realization themselves....[snip]

Science has shown this to be true...in the nature of subatomic particles...when a partilce is observed the wavefo
rm collapses into singularity of an event of observation...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 730821

Hello!

There are a couple of ways to think about this.

You can think that she exists outside of your perspective, or you can think she exists within your perspective.

I would extend the latter to include the idea that your perspective is wholly your own. You cannot see beyond your own perception and, thus, what you perceive is as much You are your arm. However, your true essence cannot be perceived. These are all just representations of something else.

The wave collapses because it is not necessary at the time. And vice versa.

It would be like you called for a taxi from two different companies, Wave Cabs and Taxi Party. One showed up first, and the other became redundant.

However, both companies are owned by the same entity. (Waves and particles are essentially the same, in a sense. So the taxi that arrives first is more based on your location, or perspective.)

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP- Is there a concise way to explain the relationship of your premise of 'relationships' and the conundrum of 'perspective' as it would relate to dreams?
Also, the relevance, if any, to the Univeral Unconcious or Akashic Records as postulated by Jung or accessed by Cayce?
Cheers- Rosi
 Quoting: Rosinante 670758

Sure!

Everything that exists has corresponding representations.

Thus, everything is represented by something.

Each representation has a relationship with the others, in some way.

In your dream you still have representations, of course.

However, the thing that must be remembered is that relationships can change as the representations do.

For example, in your dream state it may be that you are melding together different parts of educational concepts.

However, when you awake and try to remember it you may, instead, remember that you were cleaning a large brown table.

Your representations vary according to your perspective.

When you awake you have new representations of memory and self (like body, brain, eyes, your room, etc.) so therefore the relationships you have are translated into a way that makes sense for you. (Although the dream may not make sense to you, it could be a perfect translation into your waking reality.)

Lastly, I don't know anything about the other concepts or names that you speak of.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762411
Germany
09/03/2009 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
me again, the german guy
what you are saying reminds me of the seth books published by jane roberts.
is there a connection?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477310
United States
09/03/2009 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, don't let me bore you with even more details because it would get pretty ugly as to perspective then tracing further back on this worldline.

Of course, the "Back to the Future" movies go somewhat into some of really what was happening when they are in the '50's as to what was developing at the time.

But then perhaps you won't be talking to really stupid people here on this forum. Well, that is what I think that they really may be, because if you find fault with them, they always will find fault with the other person first.

I just think that as having a relationship with these people they ought to remind theirselves of what it was that they were doing in the Past, not telling us all the time what they did not do.

They continue for the most part to do nothing but explain how they ought to get paid for it anyway, and being greedy, and selfish, even more then people can afford in this Country.

We are in a War - because other people attacked this Nation.

Well, back to the current discussion on relationships and perspective - I hope someday my computer can do that also. That would really be something, luckily they are not the ones who are going to program a computer any time soon.

They will state that they have a brain and a perception and a consciousness and will continue to do so, even if you continue to tell them or any of us perhaps - differently.

Well, continue on with the website, hope it is up soon.

Continue on!
User 225527

User ID: 760291
Argentina
09/03/2009 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: The Federal Reserve Will Be Removed From The Finances Of The United States

OP: "hahahahah"

Thread: Uggghhhh.... my husband thinks I am NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP: "Like the other poster said: "QUIT NAGGING HIM."
Focus your attention on other things. If you are going to sit and worry over some germs on a shopping cart, imagining a 'worst case scenario' then perhaps you need to seek some counselling.
And maybe it's best that you stay off of conspiracy-type fear mongering sites...
Seriously... don't worry so much: It's not healthy!!!!"

Thread: Second Sun new video from Padova (ITALY) (Page 2)

OP: "An amazing video! Does not look like a lens flare or a sundog!"

Thread: ZetaTalk LIVE Chat August 29 (Page 7)

OP: "Hardy-har-har cracker-jack. Go to another thread, Nancy and Zetatalk are here to stay baby!!!"

Should I continue?

Next, please...
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting, but not quite satisfactory, answer. This is a good thread, and it seems worth a serious answeer.

Are you sure that "scientifically test" the scientific method makes sense? It is a phylosofical principle and its only possible test is "if it works".

About the "assumptions independent from experience", you quote that text (author?) that seems to refer more to the way many perceive science as a kind of faith - which includes a lot of scientists, but far, very far from all of them.

A true, open minded scientist doesn't assume that reality is "absolutely" objective and consistent (not written in the text but implied, otherwise the phrase doesn't make sense), but that it is "relatively" so in a limited slice of time and space; such a person accepts the possibility of evolution and changes.
The same applies to "perceive the reality accurately", that in reality is only a process of improving approximations, quite conscious of the possibilities of errors.

Not very shaky, I would say, A (decreasing) little, yes, but with the full knowledge that it is so.

After those remarks, you still think that "Today's science does not test its core assumptions .. "? that seems a partisan judgement, more on the plane of chemtrails or zero-point folklore.

I appreciate the quotes in "alternate universe", that could be only of the mind, you never explicitly state that is is physical; acceptintG the game, when did you "arrive in this reality". An exact answer (YEAR) would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to you

Hello!

I suppose the first test of the scientific method would be to test to see whether the assumptions about it are true.

Can we accurately perceive reality, for example? Science knows that we cannot, yet it goes about its business as though we can.

"Does it work?" is another kind of paradox. Anything can work if you make it.

You could say that the world is flat then build up evidence to support it. I also heard that Captain Mavis' ship disappeared (so, therefore, it must have falled off the Earth and our theory is sound).

I am not mocking science. I do respect its usefulness. But what can be understood by science is that the mind plays cognitive tricks. We can find or make up supporting evidence for anything if we wanted (because we tend to ignore things that do not fit with our beliefs).

Time marches on, and there will be new methods that appropriately suit the understanding of the time.

I may not have been referring to "true, open-minded scientists" but the scientific method itself which, although having proved itself very useful, is becoming more out of tune.

Regarding the other, are there not scientific "facts"? It would seem that the process of improving approximations is forgotten about if the clock ticks long enough.

"Today's science does not test its core assumptions .. "? is something I need to think about more. It could be that I am mistaken, as there is all manner of science being performed.

Some of what we talk about is based more on the nomenclature and that I tend to group things together (or not be able to verbalize some things) for ease of conversation.

The "alternate universe" is as physical as this world is. I wouldn't call it another universe, however. There is but one.

It's a difficult question to answer (when did you arrive in this reality) as 'bits and pieces' of us arrive and leave countless realities all the time.

Let me answer the question in a different way. I first became thirsty or hungry in this world in the year 2001.

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/03/2009 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Speaking of Fibonacci, have you seen the latest crop circle?

Please have a look - I would be interested in your thoughts on this one!

Quoting: Ozicell

Hello!

Yes, to see such forms in crops is amazing. But what's more amazing is how we ignore the same forms when they form above the crops or above our heads.

If you suddenly appeared in year 1000, for example, you may have formed a crop circle at the moment you tell the farmer about the future.

The forms are kind of re-representations, no different that the countless other representations of other perspectives that we experience in our worlds.

Thanks.

GLP