Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,583 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 302,991
Pageviews Today: 493,528Threads Today: 164Posts Today: 2,817
07:01 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 761993
United States
09/03/2009 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Notes from an "alternate universe". Introduction to a new way of thinking.
I thought of a good one! What if two people change their perspectives to that of the same thing? Can perspectives be combined?

For that matter, does a combination of perspectives cause some kind of an accepted upon reality like the one we "currently" exist in?

Or do perspectives form relationships with other perspectives creating the accepted upon reality?

Essentially, can whatever the reality is be shifted based on the perspectives in it, instead of just the "entity" changing perspectives?

I think I completely muddled whatever question that was supposed to be.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 487567
United States
09/04/2009 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, perhaps you are just going round and round not changing any perspective.

Anyway to apologize there are good people in the world, but then there are also the Jihadis Janis! (we we also).

Just in this area, perhaps get rid of the anti-socials. They continue to lie and cheat and claim things that never were while they need their Services cut off.

This we are the world stuff has to stop from them. According to them they are not in the world, but still, they exist. Too bad they think like they do.

But then I am trying to move on, except they keep coming around wherever other people may be. They allow no Peace in the sense that they are just too far gone. Except to me they have taken over the world and now it is really gone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 758294
United States
09/04/2009 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP come back! Have you seen the chemtrails in Canada?..What do you think of other worldly beings? And what about the goddamn illuminati?... What's your perspective on these matters?...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 758294
United States
09/04/2009 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP come back! Have you seen the chemtrails in Canada?..What do you think of other worldly beings? And what about the goddamn illuminati?... What's your perspective on these matters?...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 758294

Please don't make me the thread killer once more.. I hate that....
chaol (OP)
User ID: 183770
Canada
09/04/2009 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
I like this thread. Here's some thoughts on the nature of matter, from "Seth Speaks":

"The nature of matter itself is not understood. You perceive it at a certain "stage." Using your terms now and speaking as simply as possible, there are other forms of matter beyond those you see. These forms are quite real and vivid, quite "physical," to those who react to that particular sphere of activity. In terms of probabilities, therefore, you choose certain acts, unconsciously transform these into physical events or objects, and then perceive them....(snip)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 679067

Good quote!

Thanks for posting it (and typing it, if you did).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 626072
United States
09/04/2009 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag bsflag
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
First off I would like to thank you on a monumentus thread, you are courteous, you do not seem in any way a loony and the way you explain everything seems...well...sort of right.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 762634

Thanks!

It's a pleasure. But I'm sure many would find these ideas quite "loony"
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
(snip)...How does one consciously alter perspectives? That is when you are not in the dream state.
 Quoting: Joyce Junior

Hello!

There's no easy way to explain it, but it can be done by changing representations.

Representations surround you. Everything you see is a representation of something else.

So, you could say that by doing something different with a representation you are changing the relationship and, thus, the resultant perspective.

For example, let's say you were living in poor conditions and wanted to move into a nicer place.

Take a look at the representations around you. What things do you perceive (through all of your 5 senses + your thoughts) that make you feel as though the conditions were not suitable?

It could be that you live in a poor neighborhood with lots of boarded-up homes. Your house is somewhat dilapidated and there is little hot water. But for now let's focus on your immediate environment, like your bedroom or where you spend most of your time in the house.

It could be that you have a broken handle on your bedroom door, an unsightly hole in the wall in the hallway, and old stairs. There are many more conditions about your house, of course, but let's keep ourselves to these three.

Each of these three would represent the conditions you find yourself in. (They form a sort of consciousness.) Your experience is not so much "because" you lost your job several years ago and have a family to support, but is more because you have allowed the representations to interact more and more over time and do so within your environment. It is more about the relationships you have in the now (and here) than in the past (or there). Maybe you remember the handle wasn't always broken. But when it broke you didn't care to fix it. This broken handle then began to interact with the other representations in the house making the complete picture seem more undesirable. (The broken handle slowly breaks its surroundings, so to speak.)

You would begin to change your perspective by making the representations appropriate to the an other state (say, a better living environment). Changing the representations (fixing the handle, taking care of the hole and the stairs) may not seem like the way to get you out of the house, but it is.

[Here's where English gets a bit tricky.. bear with me in the illustration]

When the relationships change you experience this change over time. You transition from one state to another much the same way you don't just appear in a dream but you transition by preparing for bed, putting on certain clothes or laying in a certain place, etc. It is possible to realize you are dreaming now (and we sometimes do, momentarily) but it is not something in our cognitive framework. You don't just go from one state to another. It's shocking. You need a logical transition.

So, even though a relationship may change more or less instantly it may take some time for you to perceive of the change in your physically-oriented environment.

(For many people here, this relationship transition period is about 2-3 months I think.)

It is not necessary to change your thoughts so much. Many of your thoughts have 'externalizations' that you can see. Changing a thought could be as easy as doing something physical. In the big scheme of things, there is little difference. (Do realize, however, that what is most relative to you is closest to you and your experience. Your body is most relative as are your thoughts. It is your close experience. But changing something else may trigger a new kind of relationship which may allow you, eventually, to perceive the kind of things you want.)

Sometimes we make the mistake of resisting the things around us. This usualy doesn't work because you can't just "push a cup away". The cup is more than what you see. The cup could very much be tied to other things that you see or don't see.

A ready example would be Susan trying to leave a man that she knows isn't good for her. It is not as easy as physically leaving until she has changed more of the other relationships that she can't see, as well.

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Have you developed any videos or do you plan to do so? I have visited your website and am very interested in your work.

If you truly wish to push your theories, you could accomplish your task a lot quicker if you posted videos on YouTube and then, using the video as a basis, conduct interviews.

If your ultimate desire is to have people relearn the world they live, you could serve that purpose to a higher degree outside of this particular medium.
 Quoting: Joyce Junior

Hello!

I've not thought about it, but may now give it serious consideration.

These aren't really my theories. I feel I am just trying my best to explain something.

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 02:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
I thought of a good one! What if two people change their perspectives to that of the same thing? Can perspectives be combined?

For that matter, does a combination of perspectives cause some kind of an accepted upon reality like the one we "currently" exist in?

Or do perspectives form relationships with other perspectives creating the accepted upon reality?

Essentially, can whatever the reality is be shifted based on the perspectives in it, instead of just the "entity" changing perspectives?

I think I completely muddled whatever question that was supposed to be.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 761993

Hello!

If person1 changed her perspective to person2, then she would be person2.

Perspectives cannot be combined. It would then be a new perspective. (It's more squared than added, though there's not any words I can put the concept into.)

Neither would there then be an "accepted upon reality", as perspective goes out in all directions. (This is an extreme oversimplification of something for lack of a better way to express it.) We can't "see" beyond our own perspective. The moment we do it becomes another perspective.

The reality is the perspective. (It could be said that the entity is a perspective, as there is nothing else that defines the entity or its individuality other than perspective.)

chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 758294

Hello!

I can't say I have an opinion on chemtrails. It certainly is an interesting world we live in, however.

By "other worldly beings", do you mean beings from other worlds, other beings from this world, or other beings that exist between worlds?

Nothing known by me of illuminati. Is it just a word?

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 02:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 626072

Hello!

What concerns you?

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 626072
United States
09/04/2009 02:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag bsflag

Hello!

What concerns you?

Thanks.
 Quoting: chaol 183770

Your just a slick writer, your not from the future
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 02:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Your just a slick writer, your not from the future
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 626072

Hello!

You're about right. I'm not from the future.

(Besides which, someone "from" the future coming to 2009, for example, will have always existed in 2009.)

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 749567
United States
09/04/2009 03:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
hello! how do you use this language of yours? did you speak it or think it to come here? what is music like where you come from?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762570
Ireland
09/04/2009 04:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I believe hermetics to be on the correct path. You are just a hermetic (coupled with a couple of ideas from theoretical physics) who is pretending to be a time traveler...

Hello!

Any path could be said to be just as 'correct' as any other. This is because there is no 'final desination'.

I'm not sure what a hermetic is. I'll have to learn about it more.

I am only at the beginning of the practise but I experienced my first split of consciousness and it is quite freaky and cool at the same time. It only lasted 30 seconds or so.

Apparently one is able to experience not just 2 lives simultaneously, but thousands and more...

Perhaps it is more an an inclusiveness.

For example, your left hand could say that it was momentarily aware of "an alternate hand" (your right hand, from your perspective). The experience would, indeed, be quite strange to it. "How is this possible?", it may think.

The hand did not create this consciousness, it was already there. The hand just became aware of a relationship that exists.

There are many kinds of consciousness 'within' our own bodily consciousness. Hundreds of trillions of cells, for example, each with its own.

If one very intuitive cell were to become much more aware of the nature of its existence then it could feel that it is part of a brain, for example. If it expanded farther it could experience what it would be like to be you. At that time you could say there would be no difference between your experience and its expanded experience.

Thanks.

You don't need to explain it to me chaol. I understand it.

Also, I already understand the philosophers point of view of "correct" or "up" or "down" or any position of relativity.

When I said "correct" in that context I mean it is a path to where I would like to go (destination or intention). In that regard, it is "correct". I focus on where I would like to go.

This is like a cool philosphy class. I'd given up ("not focused upon anymore" - to translate for you chaol) on theoretical "how the universe" works.

Now, it's much more important for me how to practically use these principles.

Franz Bardon has some good stuff. I'm a novice at hermetics, but I heard there are other ways.

Also, the other posters "emotion with vision" sounds spot on. I wonder if the effect would be more intense if more than one person did it. Mmmm. There are books on that I think. Didn't Noel Edmunds (Brit tv presenter) write something similar but without the emotion? I think emotion is the missing link though. Good one.

Your practical suggestion is to make up a new word for an experience with no word in English. I'll try that, in fact I just did . "Danga" will be my new word for a feeling that doesn't come very often these days (at all) but was one which I often had when I was 19,20,21. A feeling of excited optimism, but much more than that. I can't describe it, so it will be called Danga. I'm not sure how that will change my perception.

Your other method of being most relative to something similar to what you desire and then being relative to something more similar and so on. Could you give me an example?

If I took a material example, say a BMW, but didn't have the money I would want to make myself most relative to a BMW. Would I change jobs and work in a BMW garage? Would I browse BMW brochures and dream? Would I get a ride a lot from a friend who had one etc.? Would I concentrate on having one and feel the seats and imagine what it was like to have one? (That last bit sounds like emotion). That also sounds like "emotion with vision".

I don't want a BMW, by the way. But it is just an example.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
09/04/2009 04:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Perspectives cannot be combined. It would then be a new perspective. (It's more squared than added, though there's not any words I can put the concept into.)

Weirdly, I understand that. I occasionally remember how I thought and felt (perception) 10 to 15 years ago. I don't remember all my thoughts and feelings that made up my entire being, just as now I am not completely conscious of all my thoughts and feelings (but thanks to Franz Bardon, I am more so). I didn't go "multi-dimensional" though because I thought of this lol.

I also know it's not your own theory. Others have said these things before. It's an intellectual understanding. It isn't enough.

Going back to Bardon, he says that one needs to develop the mind or intellect (spirit), body (physical)and emotions (soul). It makes one a better person. I like it anyway. It's a lifetime practice though.

I like Chaol's theory of fixing the door handle etc. I understand that too. I've heard these theories before, but chaol has put his perspective on it that is fresh. I like that.

Oh, about gravity being matter structured. I read about that too. For a more accurate description, read "ether and it's vortices" by Karl Friedrich Krafft.

Great intellectual read. Matter isn't gravity, but matter is the ether going round in circles. The ether isn't gravity, but can result in gravity depending on the relationship between the etheric circles.

All these are intellectual concepts and don't really help us here and now, well not that I am aware ;) he he.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 05:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
hello! how do you use this language of yours? did you speak it or think it to come here? what is music like where you come from?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 749567

Interesting!

The language is a kind of slang or jargon that complements our use of spoken language. It could be compared to how traders on exchange floors mix English with their own technical jargon. Not everyone "speaks" it though.

Yes, it is thought to shift perspectives. Or to figure something out. Or to assist in decision-making. You can think of it like a mental equation, a key, that enables you to see the doorway into another world. Perhaps no different than using English in your mind to form thoughts and make decisions, etc. A lot of it, however, depends on context. What may be one interpretation to one person may be totally different to another. So we are not free from disagreements, politics, wars, and such. Though not nearly the kind that is had here.

Yes, our music is different. But I think because of two main reasons.

One is that it is much more integrated into our lives. Soundwise it is similar to the laptops here that may make a sound when you start up the operating system, open a program, or receive a message. For us, this music is everywhere. When I would sit in my chair the chair would sing for a few moments. Turning on the cold water sounds different than turning on the warm water. Our walls and doors make sounds depending on certain conditions. But more importantly music (as well as games) is a medium for education. Students can easily create music based on what it is they want to learn if there is not already a 'song' for it. Here is just seems that music is for entertainment. Its uses will probably be extended in your future.

Two, there's not so much of an emphasis on profit, so there is had a much more wide variety of music from which to chose. The more you listen to a piece the more there is an automatic demand for that type of music. So others create the music for what you would call money. The pieces tend to be much longer than a few minutes and don't necessarily include rhyming lyrics as much. We use more narratives.

Thanks.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 05:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
(snip)...Also, the other posters "emotion with vision" sounds spot on. I wonder if the effect would be more intense if more than one person did it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 762570

Hello!

Not exactly. What you need are representations that mirror your intent. So if those people are representations of your intent then the effect would be more intense.

Mmmm. There are books on that I think. Didn't Noel Edmunds (Brit tv presenter) write something similar but without the emotion? I think emotion is the missing link though. Good one.

Your practical suggestion is to make up a new word for an experience with no word in English. I'll try that, in fact I just did . "Danga" will be my new word for a feeling that doesn't come very often these days (at all) but was one which I often had when I was 19,20,21. A feeling of excited optimism, but much more than that. I can't describe it, so it will be called Danga. I'm not sure how that will change my perception.

Excellent! Use it from now on your normal verbiage and you will increase your interaction with such experiences.

I don't know about Noel Edmunds, though.

Your other method of being most relative to something similar to what you desire and then being relative to something more similar and so on. Could you give me an example?

If I took a material example, say a BMW, but didn't have the money I would want to make myself most relative to a BMW. Would I change jobs and work in a BMW garage? Would I browse BMW brochures and dream? Would I get a ride a lot from a friend who had one etc.? Would I concentrate on having one and feel the seats and imagine what it was like to have one? (That last bit sounds like emotion). That also sounds like "emotion with vision".

I don't want a BMW, by the way. But it is just an example.

In this example, it may be more effective to interact with a representation of the BMW. It could be that you go the dealer and purchase a BMW t-shirt or other item. The more that representation interacts with the other aspects of your reality (the other representation) the more you are bringing further representations of it into your experience. One of those 'further representations' could be the car itself. This is an oversimplification, as there are many relationships involved. The ecsys model, when used properly, can help you to map out such relationships.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762863
Germany
09/04/2009 05:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
This website exists for entertainment purposes only. The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 10,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of post on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult content and if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone. Users are encouraged to USE DISCERNMENT and do their own follow up research while reading and posting on this website. Godlikeproductions.com reserves the right to make changes to, corrections and/or remove entirely at any time posts made on this website without notice. In addition, Godlikeproductions.com disclaims any and all liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of a post on this website.

This site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this site is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it. In no event shall Godlikeproductions.com be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this site or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this site.

Some events depicted in certain posting and threads on this website may be fictitious and any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. Some other articles may be based on actual events but which in certain cases incidents, characters and timelines have been changed for dramatic purposes. Certain characters may be composites, or entirely fictitious.

We do not discriminate against the mentally ill!

Fair Use Notice:
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Users may make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of issues relating to civil rights, economics, individual rights, international affairs, liberty, science & technology, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
For more information please visit:
[link to www.law.cornell.edu]

Please be aware any communications sent complaining about a post on this website may be posted publicly at the discretion of the administration.

This Disclaimer is subject to change at anytime.

Mail Webmaster with questions or comments about this site.

Page generated in 0.003s (4 queries) [Cached]
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 05:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
All these are intellectual concepts and don't really help us here and now, well not that I am aware ;) he he.

Hello!

That's why I want to share what I call ecsys, because any of the complex concepts can be translated into simple ones.

Although the concepts can be complicated for some (most?) to understand, it is wished that they are presented as simply as possible in the same way that the language exhibits simplicity.

This world has a kind of "more" sickness. More complex, more profits, more technology, etc. What is not yet realized is how much can be done with simplicity.

For example, instead of tech companies coming out with a mobile phone that has a battery life of several months and only the features that I would use, I can only get a phone with a very short battery life and lots of features I will never used and a size that isn't really convenient.

There is a lot of talk here about wasting resources but not really much is known about the true waste of resource efficiency, human capacity, and lack of transparency.

chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
This website exists for entertainment purposes only. (snip)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 762863

Hello!

You're right about that. We don't know what the truth is. Perhaps we cannot ever know, only guess.

It is best to find out what "facts" suit you right now. Use everything as a reference to get to something else that suits you better tomorrow.

Thanks for paste.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
09/04/2009 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
This world has a kind of "more" sickness. More complex, more profits, more technology, etc. What is not yet realized is how much can be done with simplicity.

I am aware of this already, but I don't think I am as aware as you (a different perspective perhaps, he he). The medical field is a prime example of this which is too long to go into here.

Your mobile phone example is good. The reason for that is profit, but I think the rabbit hole goes deeper. I think the banking system and fractional reserve lending is the main culprit. Everybody needs to make more money to keep the money system going, so to speak. In the Western world (with the rest following suit) it's all about how much money you have in your bank account. If you are poor, you are a failure, that kind of representation.

I had a sort of mild transcendental experience whilst in the tropics on holiday smoking a cigar. It was like an inner dialogue where that topic came up much clearer. I could feel it as well as understand it. It was as if I was starting to understand someone else's perspective looking in, if that makes sense. Of course, the experience went and I was back in my old reality.

It's kind of like all Western ambitions being material, that would perhaps sum it up. No tribal belonging, too much individualism, a lack of expressive bonding, that sort of thing. It felt like a heart trap.

Sorry about ranting away about my experiences. Probably not interesting to most here. That's another thing I will be "working on", to stop talking as much about myself.

Self-betterment and all that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 759674
Australia
09/04/2009 07:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
thanks for the thread OP

is there any meditations you do that you could describe?
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
09/04/2009 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Excellent! Use it from now on your normal verbiage and you will increase your interaction with such experiences.

It works! I remembered another feeling; one of burning joyish feeling in the middle of my chest. I have called that "Zime", a bit of a spin off of sublime I suppose. The more I've spoken about it the more I am feeling it, surreal. I'm feeling right now! This is the feeling I have gotten in the past when I was being very creative, in fact, a little type of poem writing has resulted. Here it is:

We represent who we are, and choose to go what is not far.
For I is you and you are me and we all a part of the same happy family.
To be up is down and left is right but what to do when in flight.
Is there here? Is here there? Where am I when I am being fair?
Where is the bonding between you and me when I work for myself and not for thee?
How many lives end unawakend, their golden ladder climbed forsakened.
Their gold is not joy, their ladder is not theirs. Theirs is not mine, for I am Zime.
I am the Danga of past times, the feeling of youthful joy that burns by mind.
For I am you and you are me and we are all part of the same happy family.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 762950
Germany
09/04/2009 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello OP,

are one`s feelings analog to the relationships between representations??? is this correct?

and why are you unfamiliar with unconditional love?

Thank You for your answers and advices you´re giving to us!

We Are One hf
Ozicell

User ID: 761903
Australia
09/04/2009 09:51 AM

Report Abusive Post
This website exists for entertainment purposes only. (snip)

Hello!

You're right about that. We don't know what the truth is. Perhaps we cannot ever know, only guess.

It is best to find out what "facts" suit you right now. Use everything as a reference to get to something else that suits you better tomorrow.

Thanks for paste.

Truth is a perspective relative only to the individual perceiving it. What I perceive and know to be the truth for another may be totally false.

Example: I find the taste of biting into a lemon extremely pleasant and delicious but to another it is sour and horrible! Both are truth and both are perspective.

The pathway that leads to a better tomorrow brings the best out in today.

Last Edited by Ozicell on 09/04/2009 10:01 AM
That which is - has already been, And what is to be - has already been. Quote: King Solomon.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 647642
South Africa
09/04/2009 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is by far the coolest thread I've ever read here on GLP!

Thanks for the posts OP.
HypnoToad

User ID: 719675
United States
09/04/2009 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great thread OP!

I want to finish reading everything before asking any questions but I'm amazed at how well you present your information.

Usually its a bunch of lunatics claiming things but not explaining them.

Thank you for taking the time to visit here, I wish you well on your travels.

I will post my questions later after reading through the whole thread.
chaol (OP)
Canada
09/04/2009 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
(snip...)
Your mobile phone example is good. The reason for that is profit, but I think the rabbit hole goes deeper. I think the banking system and fractional reserve lending is the main culprit. Everybody needs to make more money to keep the money system going, so to speak. In the Western world (with the rest following suit) it's all about how much money you have in your bank account. If you are poor, you are a failure, that kind of representation....

Hello!

I think the sickness is not so much greed but the confusion of what physicality is.

For the last few thousand years humans have been used to thinking that physical resources are limited. We naturally tend to think that we will not be able to form relationships (and, thus, exist) if we do not have these physical resources, land, etc.

This "more, more, more" is a survival instinct. It's a sickness only in respect of not being able to link the physical with the non-physical (yet). Other, non-physical entities have their own survival instinct appropriate to their surroundings.

(snip...)
It's kind of like all Western ambitions being material, that would perhaps sum it up. No tribal belonging, too much individualism, a lack of expressive bonding, that sort of thing. It felt like a heart trap...

It's all for good reason, I assure you. It's not as bad as may be thought.

Perhaps there is no real "materiality". Non-physical things can also be thought of as material because there is not really any difference between the two compositions.

They're all just representations, even "spiritual".

Thanks.

GLP