Offer Upgrade

User ID: 760572
United States
10/11/2009 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
30 GOP Senators Vote to Defend Corporate Protected Gang Rape
[link to www.alternet.org]

It is stunning that 30 Republican members of the United States Senate would vote to protect a corporation, in this case Halliburton/KBR, over a woman who was gang raped. The details from Think Progress:

In 2005, Jamie Leigh Jones was gang-raped by her co-workers while she was working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad. She was detained in a shipping container for at least 24 hours without food, water, or a bed, and "warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she'd be out of a job." (Jones was not an isolated case.) Jones was prevented from bringing charges in court against KBR because her employment contract stipulated that sexual assault allegations would only be heard in private arbitration.

Offering Ms. Jones legal relief was Senator Al Franken of Minnesota who offered an amendment to the 2010 Defense Appropriations bill that would withhold defense contracts from companies like KBR "if they restrict their employees from taking workplace sexual assault, battery and discrimination cases to court."

Seems simple enough. And yet, to GOP Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions of Alabama allowing victims of sexual assault a day in court is tantamount to a "political attack" at Halliburton. That 29 others, all men, chose to join him in opposing the Franken amendment is simply mind-boggling.

Here are those who vote to protect a corporation over a victim of rape:

Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

Last Edited by Gimme Some Truth on 10/11/2009 05:14 PM
Dollar Deception: How Banks Secretly Create Money:
[link to www.webofdebt.com]

ALTERED GENES, TWISTED TRUTH: How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public:
[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
LJ
User ID: 568133
United States
10/11/2009 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 30 GOP Senators Vote to Defend Corporate Protected Gang Rape
Horrible People. Horrible People.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 679397
United States
10/11/2009 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Core Values"? Scum bags!
Ironfoot

User ID: 732038
United States
10/11/2009 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Notice how they're all Republicans. Why? Because it's Halliburton, a Bush-era corporation. Devil's coming out of the woodwork.
"Slaves who imagine they are free cannot be liberated." -Vernon Howard

"When one begins to equate their outer experience to the things previously seen in their mind as a mere coincidence, one is set on the path to realizing that the reality seen by the 5 senses is in actuality the material manifestation of what occurs within the human mind and heart."
Phil Harmonic  (OP)

United States
10/11/2009 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
John McCain is in that list.

ALTERED GENES, TWISTED TRUTH: How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public:
[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
goodgirl

User ID: 744051
United States
10/11/2009 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
No doubt protecting themselves in the process.
===============
We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds... [we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for [another ]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression. - Thomas Jefferson

AND NOW WE ARE BEING BOMBARDED WITH MESSAGES THAT OSAMA BIN LADIN IS PLANNING TO ATTACK THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. AND I'M TELLING YOU, BE PREPARED FOR A MAJOR ATTACK. BUT IT WON'T BE OSAMA BIN LADEN, IT WILL BE THOSE BEHIND THE NWO. IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT THEY WILL STAGE A TERRORIST ATTACK AND IT IS GOING TO BE BID ENOUGH THAT MARTIAL LAW COULD BE DECLARED. - BILL COOPER 06/28/2001 (3 MONTHS BEFORE 9/11)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 647422
United States
10/11/2009 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
The usual suspects.

And yet, some who post here will defend these pigs.

5 stars, OP.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 780236
United States
10/11/2009 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Were those the only people who voted against the amendment or the just the Republicans who voted against it? Were there any Democrats who voted against it?

Frankly, I'd like to know how the whole senate voted and whether or not the amendment passed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 780236
United States
10/11/2009 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Phil Harmonic

Were you surprised?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 633080
United Kingdom
10/11/2009 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
No doubt protecting themselves in the process.
 Quoting: goodgirl

Yes they have to cover their evil doings ,,,,,,,,totally sinking
Phil Harmonic  (OP)

United States
10/11/2009 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Were those the only people who voted against the amendment or the just the Republicans who voted against it? Were there any Democrats who voted against it?

Frankly, I'd like to know how the whole senate voted and whether or not the amendment passed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 780236

As the article stated, only those Republicans voted against the amendment. The amendment passed.

[link to senate.gov]

Last Edited by Gimme Some Truth on 10/11/2009 04:42 PM

[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 646621
United States
10/11/2009 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Right. Possible cherry picking here.
Phil Harmonic  (OP)

United States
10/11/2009 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Right. Possible cherry picking here.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 646621

[link to senate.gov]

[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Zerocyber
User ID: 648354
United States
10/11/2009 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Corruption, it's in every party. Don't get me wrong, these people are horrible, but so are so many others in our government. And not just the Federal Government, but all over our state governments, too!

Our country has been taken from us by the slimey, corrupted people you see up there today. Next time you vote, dig into the candidates history, thier personal background, even thier friends' bckgrounds, it's the only way to be sure you aren't voting in a self-proclaimed communist that wants America to fail.

It's all parties, and maybe 90% of our government. Better get cracking, we have a long election process ahead of us.

(And a note to the unwise: Don't vote if you don't know the people you are voting for, because that's the perfect way to get more idiots and fools into the congress...)
Queen

User ID: 788202
United States
10/11/2009 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Poor Mr Burr (R-NC), I've copied this post and sending it out. I really wish others would do the same.

At godlike productions there is a thread that outlines the corruption in this government. To protect this country's honor we are to believe that this is necessary and required. Up is down and Down is up it now appears, to protect the honor of this country we are to believe that we need to disarm it from allowing the corruption from coming to light. Well in my opinion, just how do you disarm something when you are not even allowed to know that it persist.

Here is the thread
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

and here is what the thread states. There are alot of opinions in this thread and ever member whom believes it is in our country's best interest is truly a traitor to this find country and for which it stands.

[link to www.alternet.org]

It is stunning that 30 Republican members of the United States Senate would vote to protect a corporation, in this case Halliburton/KBR, over a woman who was gang raped. The details from Think Progress:

In 2005, Jamie Leigh Jones was gang-raped by her co-workers while she was working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad. She was detained in a shipping container for at least 24 hours without food, water, or a bed, and "warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she'd be out of a job." (Jones was not an isolated case.) Jones was prevented from bringing charges in court against KBR because her employment contract stipulated that sexual assault allegations would only be heard in private arbitration.

Offering Ms. Jones legal relief was Senator Al Franken of Minnesota who offered an amendment to the 2010 Defense Appropriations bill that would withhold defense contracts from companies like KBR "if they restrict their employees from taking workplace sexual assault, battery and discrimination cases to court."

Seems simple enough. And yet, to GOP Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions of Alabama allowing victims of sexual assault a day in court is tantamount to a "political attack" at Halliburton. That 29 others, all men, chose to join him in opposing the Franken amendment is simply mind-boggling.

Here are those who vote to protect a corporation over a victim of rape:

Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

Quoting: the veil is falling and traitors are identified

It is time to awaken to your real purpose. It is all up to you.
Lastcall
User ID: 791790
United States
10/11/2009 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can anyone please tell me what court would've had jurisdiction in this assault?

( Baghdad 2005 )
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 647422
United States
10/11/2009 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Poor Mr Burr (R-NC), I've copied this post and sending it out. I really wish others would do the same.

At godlike productions there is a thread that outlines the corruption in this government. To protect this country's honor we are to believe that this is necessary and required. Up is down and Down is up it now appears, to protect the honor of this country we are to believe that we need to disarm it from allowing the corruption from coming to light. Well in my opinion, just how do you disarm something when you are not even allowed to know that it persist.

Here is the thread
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

and here is what the thread states. There are alot of opinions in this thread and ever member whom believes it is in our country's best interest is truly a traitor to this find country and for which it stands.

Quoting: Queen

Always proof read before you post. Read it to yourself out loud, then correct.

I can't imagine any govt official or staffer spending 5 seconds on that, or reacting with anything but laughter.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 757124
United States
10/11/2009 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Alexander (R-TN)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)
 Quoting: Phil Harmonic

Bargain rates on souls! Get them while they're hot! Buy one soul get a second FREE! FREE! FREE! If you don't come down to my Soul Emporium this week, and purchase yourself a couple souls, I'm gonna club this baby seal! I'll do it! Come on down! We're located at any intersection in Washington D.C.! Just draw yourself a pentagram on the sidewalk and call my name. BUY ONE GET ONE!

[trying to make humor to ease the sickening sensation in my stomach]
Queen

United States
Report Abusive Post
Corruption, it's in every party. Don't get me wrong, these people are horrible, but so are so many others in our government. And not just the Federal Government, but all over our state governments, too!

Our country has been taken from us by the slimey, corrupted people you see up there today. Next time you vote, dig into the candidates history, thier personal background, even thier friends' bckgrounds, it's the only way to be sure you aren't voting in a self-proclaimed communist that wants America to fail.

It's all parties, and maybe 90% of our government. Better get cracking, we have a long election process ahead of us.

(And a note to the unwise: Don't vote if you don't know the people you are voting for, because that's the perfect way to get more idiots and fools into the congress...)
 Quoting: Zerocyber 648354

If I may add, please do not waste your vote voting against someone. Believe in your convictions and vote for someone you believe in or refuse to become part of their game. They always present two people, one you hate, one you can tolerate. We fools vote for the want we tolerate because we are really voting against the one we don't want. In reality you have now fallen into the manipulation, they really don't care which one you choose. When you vote your conviction and it may just be a third party you have quit the manipulation and taken control of you FREEWILL.

That scares them the most, an awaken public is really not what they want. We are running out of time in determining that WE control them, they really do not control us IF we start to control OUR thoughts.
NOLADOG

User ID: 466677
United States
Report Abusive Post
THEY ARE REPUBLICANS!!! THAT says it all!

The IMMORAL Majority...HYPOCRITES!!

5a
THREAD POLICE...On your knees and Kiss My Royal American Ass!! AND be glad I ALLOW you to do it!!

GEORGE NOORY SUCKS!

V for Vendetta SUCKS MORE THAN NOORY!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769657
United States
10/11/2009 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
All of the corrupt ones need to be taken out. I believe there's 545 of them.
Queen

United States
10/11/2009 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Always proof read before you post. Read it to yourself out loud, then correct.

I can't imagine any govt official or staffer spending 5 seconds on that, or reacting with anything but laughter.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 647422

Thanks for the heads up, but while posting it is my rough draft. Sadly this lady needs spellchecker and prior to distributing anything I would ensure corrextness.

Great advice though and I would hope that others would take the thoughts of the thread, place it into their own words and mail it out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 791808
United States
10/11/2009 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
30 traitors
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 768028
United States
10/11/2009 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
In my view, Senator Al Franken's amendment is acting like a filter. In other words, what is separated is the hard core right-wingers that are dragging the Republican party through the mud with their shameful deeds. These are the folks to closely monitor.
Phil Harmonic  (OP)

United States
10/11/2009 05:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Were you surprised?

Yes I was, frankly. I thought he was better than that. Voting for this amendment should have been a no-brainer.

Last Edited by Gimme Some Truth on 10/11/2009 05:52 PM

[link to www.amazon.com]

2028 End?
[link to 2028end.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 778993
United States
10/11/2009 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Core Values"? Scum bags!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 679397
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
30 traitors
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 791808
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
THEY ARE REPUBLICANS!!! THAT says it all!

The IMMORAL Majority...HYPOCRITES!!

5a
 Quoting: NOLADOG
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 790392
United States
10/14/2009 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
I guess Family Values to neo cons means raping families.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 772844
United States
10/14/2009 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
If Code Pink is on this, women will come out of the
woodwork next election cycle to vote these cretins
out of office.
Lil Miss Trouble

User ID: 599008
United States
10/14/2009 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow that's unfucking believable!
My shop~ [link to www.artfire.com]

There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.

GLP