Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,201 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,107,238
Pageviews Today: 1,542,050Threads Today: 415Posts Today: 7,558
12:41 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

BREAKING: British gardeners urged to urinate on their plants to help them grow better.

Free Store
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 162186
Canada
11/13/2009 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
BREAKING: British gardeners urged to urinate on their plants to help them grow better.
Pee to help make your garden grow

Gardeners at a National Trust property in Cambridgeshire are urging people to relieve themselves outdoors to help gardens grow greener.

A three-metre long "pee bale" has been installed at Wimpole Hall.

Head gardener Philip Whaites is urging his male colleagues to pee on the straw bale to activate the composting process on the estate's compost heap.

He said the "pee bale" is only in use out of visitor hours, since "we don't want to scare the public".

He said: "For eight weeks now, male members of our garden and estate teams have been using the outdoor straw bale when nature calls.

"The pee bale is excellent matter to add to our compost heap to stimulate the composting process; and with over 400 acres of gardens and parkland to utilise compost, we need all the help we can get.

"There are obvious logistical benefits to limiting it to male members of the team, but also male pee is preferable to women's, as the male stuff is apparently less acidic."

By the end of the year, it was calculated that the 10 men from the 70-strong garden and estates team will make more 1,000 individual trips to the pee bale, contributing towards the compost for the estate.

The estate said it will have saved up to 30% of its daily water use by not having to flush the loo so many times.

Rosemary Hooper, Wimpole estate's in-house master composter, said: "Most people can compost in some way in their own gardens.

"Peeing on a compost heap activates the composting process, helps to produce a ready supply of lovely organic matter to add back to the garden.

"Adding a little pee just helps get it all going; it's totally safe and a bit of fun too."
[link to news.bbc.co.uk]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 817411
United States
11/13/2009 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: BREAKING: British gardeners urged to urinate on their plants to help them grow better.
I always let my little dog pee next to the porch.

The grass there is growing furiously thick & green.
BRIEF AND TO THE POINT

User ID: 381742
United States
11/13/2009 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: BREAKING: British gardeners urged to urinate on their plants to help them grow better.
My boys and I piss around the garden for both fertilizer and to keep the rabbits out. I also get hair clippings and spread them around. It works well.
Poor people do poor people things, and rich people do rich people things.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

when you rob Paul to give to Peter ... ... ... you will always get Peters support!

:Brieffromnativea:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 816150
Canada
11/13/2009 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why not just buy piss at the store ?
Eagle # 1
User ID: 802743
United States
11/13/2009 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP .... You DON'T mean ON; you must mean NEXT TO, right?

The Uric Acid will kill the leaves of most plants I have ever known.

Eagle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 802743
United States
11/13/2009 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Reminds me of the old dog taking the pup out to see the world. In the alley, the old dog turns over a garbage can, and they get a few morseles.

Out on the street, they come on a bitch in heat, so the both take a turn.

Next, the old dog lifts his leg to a hydrant, and pup follows.

Troting alongside the old dog, the pup says " The food and the bitch were fine. BUT, what's with the hydrant ?"

" Well, says the old dog' if you can't eat it or screw it,
piss on it ."
Free Store  (OP)

Canada
11/13/2009 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP .... You DON'T mean ON; you must mean NEXT TO, right?

The Uric Acid will kill the leaves of most plants I have ever known.

Eagle
 Quoting: Eagle # 1 802743

I don't know. The deer bear and a host of other animals as well as myself have all peed on the bushes and plants and are anything but dead

Last Edited by four winds on 11/13/2009 01:10 PM
Free Store  (OP)

Canada
11/13/2009 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know what you are saying. My experience is the roots need the pee to be watered down a lot

As for the leaves, they tend to be more tolerant and like everything else, in moderation

GLP