United States
11/14/2009 03:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Roman Catholicism-Past and Present
Roman Catholicism-Past and Present
58 min
[link to video.google.com]
Expounding on the pagan history and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.

Jim Arrabito The Church in the Wilderness Series 3 of 6 The Waldenses
52 min

Jim Arrabito The Church in the Wilderness Series 4 of 6 The Church in the Wilderness
52 min

Jim arrabito The Church in the Wilderness Series 5 of 6 The Church in the Wilderness
52 min
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 817909
Canada
11/14/2009 03:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Roman Catholicism-Past and Present
Catholics are the most hated group ... most hated group.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 814325
United States
11/14/2009 03:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Message to Miriam and Mary of France

There will be no different religions but only one

February 18, 2009

Jesus:

I Am God, Father, Son, Holy Spirit! I Am God Almighty! God of love! I am! My children, My little children! It's your God who speaks and who is there with you.

Tonight I am going to tell you, for the Warning, do not listen to anything you can say about you, do not listen, my little children, because I, your God, I told you the warning is there ... I've not given a date ...

I also told you that it is imminent
, to you my children see, understand that there is very little time, very little.

Oh! My poor children, my poor children, why, why have not you heard your God? You prefer to suffer rather than to listen and return to Me, God Almighty. You prefer to live in hatred, discord rather than live in love, joy and peace with God Almighty.

I begin by sending you the notice.

I Am the God of Love, God of Mercy. I am the Divine, the Almighty, the Eternal Father and I want all my children to me because I love you all.

I told you that My Church will also be rejuvenating and it will be a single church, the Church Universal, that Mary, my Holy Mother, who is the Mother of the Church, is venerated by all Christians.

IL N'Y AURA PLUS DE DIFFERENTES RELIGIONS, MAIS UNE SEULE. THERE WILL BE MORE OF DIFFERENT RELIGIONS, BUT ONE.

My children, do not ask so many questions. Go ahead and read my message as since short years after these terrible, you live all my Reign of Love, My kingdom where all is love and joy.

You will be united with God the Father, Jesus His Son in you with the Holy Spirit and thus you will be united to the Blessed Trinity, the Virgin Mary, my Blessed Mother, with the saints in heaven, angels, archangels and all those you love, whether on earth or in heaven. These are my little children, heaven and earth are common and you will all be happy.

Be still my children, loved ones I selected. Also my children are small lights that shine during these short years of darkness and always united to Jesus and Mary. Amen! Alléluia! Keep the peace and joy in your heart and do not worry, keep faith in God Almighty. Amen! Amen! Alleluia!

Receive my holy blessing. On behalf of Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Amen! And my Holy Mother who is there, watching you with tenderness and love, she also blesses you.

JESUS AND MARY who love you dearly for their infinite love.

Amen! Alléluia !
9teen.47™

User ID: 817991
United Kingdom
11/14/2009 04:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
bee1 PAPA?... [link to www.chick.com]
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.
Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate [woman].
STOCK UP NOW. You should have at least 6 months worth of basics for every member of your household. Stay away from crowds when trouble starts, do not forget water storage, tobacco is worth more than gold or silver, and be kind to hungry children.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
:bee1: PAPA?... [link to www.chick.com]
 Quoting: 9teen.47™

9teen,

I suggest you post a message from Our Lord given to Jack Chick. It would be interesting to read.

If anyone would know of a prophetic message given to Chick,
it would be you. hf
MagiChristmas

User ID: 554973
United States
11/14/2009 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
The issue is between Catholicism and Mormonism.
Thread: Read this about Catholics

In a pamphlet entitled The Strength of the Mormon Position, the late Elder Orson F. Whitney, of the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, related the following incident under the heading "A Catholic Utterance":

Many years ago a learned man, a member of the Roman Catholic Church, came to Utah and spoke from the stand of the Salt Lake Tabernacle. I became well-acquainted with him, and we conversed freely and frankly. A great scholar, with perhaps a dozen languages at his tongue's end, he seemed to know all about theology, law, literature, science and philosophy. 

One day he said to me: "You Mormons are all ignoramuses. You don't even know the strength of your own position. It is so strong that there is only one other tenable in the whole Christian world, and that is the position of the Catholic Church. The issue is between Catholicism and Mormonism. If we are right, you are wrong; if you are right, we are wrong; and that's all there is to it. 

The Protestants haven't a leg to stand on.  For, if we are wrong, they are wrong with us, since they were a part of us and went out from us; while if we are right, they are apostates whom we cut off long ago. If we have the apostolic succession from St. Peter, as we claim, there is no need of Joseph Smith and Mormonism; but if we have not that succession, then such a man as Joseph Smith was necessary, and Mormonism's attitude is the only consistent one. It is either the perpetuation of the gospel from ancient times, or the restoration of the gospel in latter days." 

The purpose of this debate is to present our respective positions on whether we believe the "keys to the kingdom of heaven" were preserved and protected by the Catholic Church through "Apostolic Succession" or lost by the early Christian church and later restored to the Prophet Joseph Smith. - [link to www.geocities.com]

Round 1 - Opening Statements

Round 2 - Rebuttal

Round 3 - Response

Round 4 - Closing Statements

This subject WAS added to my Log of Direct Links:
Thread: Tips for improving the GLP experience.

MC
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

++++++++++ +++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++
9teen,

I suggest you post a message from Our Lord given to Jack Chick. It would be interesting to read.

it would be you. hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 814325

Waiting....for the message to J. Chick from Jesus.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 818033
United States
11/14/2009 04:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
St. Patrick was not Roman Catholic. Like many of the early saints the RCC just sainted him.

49 min
Did you know that Ireland’s famous St. Patrick was neither Irish nor Catholic? In Part Three of The Seventh Day, Hal Holbrook tells about the battle over the seventh-day Sabbath in medieval times. It is a story riddled with fakes and forgeries, warped by legend and propaganda, and steeped in the schemes of patriarchs, popes and kings. With the testimony of experts from England, Scotland and the United States.

Overview - Part Three
1. Celtic Christianity
The religious background to the story of St. Patrick.

2. The Real Patrick
Once a slave in Ireland, Patrick responds to a divine call and returns to the Emerald Isle as a missionary.

3. Celtic Sabbath
Saturday observed as Sabbath by Celtic Christians.

4. Margaret of Scotland
Margaret comes from England, Marries King Malcolm, and attempts to reform Sunday observance in Scotland.

5. Assault on the Sabbath
The Church of Rome promotes the Sabbath (Saturday) fast as an expression of anti-Jewish sentiments.

6. Power Struggle
The Sabbath fast becomes a key issue in the rivalry between church leaders in Rome and Constantinople.

7. Deceptions
The "letter from heaven" threatens Sunday-breakers.

8. Fight for Truth
Resistance to church/state authority brings tragedy.

9. John Wycliffe: Champion of Conscience
An Oxford professor focuses new attention on the Bible as the supreme authority of Christian faith and practice.

10. The Lollards
They take Wycliffe's views to England and beyond.

11. The Church vs. the Bible
The church-state establishment opposes the spread of the Bible and the ideas of Wycliffe and the Lollards.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
St. Patrick was not Roman Catholic. Like many of the early saints the RCC just sainted him.

49 min
Did you know that Ireland’s famous St. Patrick was neither Irish nor Catholic? In Part Three of The Seventh Day, Hal Holbrook tells about the battle over the seventh-day Sabbath in medieval times. It is a story riddled with fakes and forgeries, warped by legend and propaganda, and steeped in the schemes of patriarchs, popes and kings. With the testimony of experts from England, Scotland and the United States.

Overview - Part Three
1. Celtic Christianity
The religious background to the story of St. Patrick.

2. The Real Patrick
Once a slave in Ireland, Patrick responds to a divine call and returns to the Emerald Isle as a missionary.

3. Celtic Sabbath
Saturday observed as Sabbath by Celtic Christians.

4. Margaret of Scotland
Margaret comes from England, Marries King Malcolm, and attempts to reform Sunday observance in Scotland.

5. Assault on the Sabbath
The Church of Rome promotes the Sabbath (Saturday) fast as an expression of anti-Jewish sentiments.

6. Power Struggle
The Sabbath fast becomes a key issue in the rivalry between church leaders in Rome and Constantinople.

7. Deceptions
The "letter from heaven" threatens Sunday-breakers.

8. Fight for Truth
Resistance to church/state authority brings tragedy.

9. John Wycliffe: Champion of Conscience
An Oxford professor focuses new attention on the Bible as the supreme authority of Christian faith and practice.

10. The Lollards
They take Wycliffe's views to England and beyond.

11. The Church vs. the Bible
The church-state establishment opposes the spread of the Bible and the ideas of Wycliffe and the Lollards.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 818033

St. Patrick was a Priest and a Bishop.

St. Patrick began his studies for the priesthood. He was ordained by St. Germanus, the Bishop of Auxerre, whom he had studied under for years.

Later, Patrick was ordained a bishop, and was sent to take the Gospel to Ireland. He arrived in Ireland March 25, 433, at Slane. One legend says that he met a chieftain of one of the tribes, who tried to kill Patrick. Patrick converted Dichu (the chieftain) after he was unable to move his arm until he became friendly to Patrick.

Patrick began preaching the Gospel throughout Ireland, converting many. He and his disciples preached and converted thousands and began building churches all over the country. Kings, their families, and entire kingdoms converted to Christianity when hearing Patrick's message.

Patrick by now had many disciples, among them Beningnus, Auxilius, Iserninus, and Fiaac, (all later canonized as well).

Patrick preached and converted all of Ireland for 40 years. He worked many miracles and wrote of his love for God in Confessions. After years of living in poverty, traveling and enduring much suffering he died March 17, 461.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/14/2009 07:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
One thing Catholics never do is 'preach the gospel.'
IM4GOD

User ID: 818169
Canada
11/14/2009 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

True but we catholics also don't slam other religions as do some other religions slam the catholics

Last Edited by IM4GOD on 11/14/2009 08:45 AM
Praise GOD almighty
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 818288
Australia
11/14/2009 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
We Catholics(Jesuits) are the chosen ones i'm afraid LOL. Our doctrine is universal (well as good as it gets so far) which is why we've been ordained to sit at the top. God ordains all things, or don't you trust your God to have any power over human affairs lol.

We know all truths and one of them is that man needs Law, Order and the heavy hand of Justice.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

One thing Protestants do is "change the gospel" They deny
Our Lord's presence in the Holy Eucharist. God is going
to help you all understand very soon.

+ + + +

Message from Our Blessed Mother to Carlos Lopez Nov.4,2009

November 4, 2009
St. Brunoa's Church, San Bruno, CA

Dear little children, Praised be Jesus!

I come this night to leave you Jesus, by means of the Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is the most sublime gift which God has left you in which is the very presence of His own Son among you. The Lord reveals His infinite love in that Bread of Love.

The Eucharist is the Love of God and it is Jesus Himself who makes his infinite love known to the entire world. The Eucharist is Paradise itself for Jesus is Paradise itself. Heaven comes to you. Heaven comes to earth. Jesus desires that you experience heaven in your lives and in your hearts. Jesus is the Eucharist. You see Him but it is as if you did not see Him, you eat His body but it is as if you did not eat Him, you feel Him but it is as if you did not feel Him, because you are still blind and without understanding.

Little children, if you only understood that the Most Holy Trinity becomes present among men by means of that little piece of bread, the bread of life and of infinite love. Every time you receive that Bread of Life, your hearts are transformed for your souls know that at that moment all of heaven has entered into it and you experience eternal life. Jesus is the way to eternal life.

Do you understand now, children of mine, why you must receive the Eucharistic Jesus in the state of grace? Little children, to receive God Himself in your heart you must be clean of body and soul. Those who receive Him with the stain of sin, sin gravely, for no one who lives in sin can see the light. No one who lives in sin is clean. No one who lives in sin is a friend of God. No one can experience heaven with the stain of sin, but only those who love Him and live in the state of grace.

My little ones, prepare yourselves well to receive Jesus every time you participate in the heavenly banquet. Return to confession and receive from Jesus Himself His infinite mercy.

Thank you for having accepted my message of this night. I fill you with many graces and I thank my beloved priests and deacon who helped me this night.

In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

9teen,

it would be you. hf

9teen,

Why haven't you posted a message yet?

Obvious, Jack Chick doesn't hear from Our Lord and never
will.

One exception, not far off. Chick and his followers will see their lives in review and the state of their soul.

Jesus Mercy.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/14/2009 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
____

+ + + +

Mary the mother of Jesus is not the Queen of Heaven.

Jeremiah 7:18 says, "... the women knead the dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger!"

The Queen of Heaven is Semiramis from Babylon.

Christ is the bread of life
The Eucharist
[link to www.remnantofgod.org]

God Bless hf hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
____

+ + + +

Mary the mother of Jesus is not the Queen of Heaven.

Jeremiah 7:18 says, "... the women knead the dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger!"

The Queen of Heaven is Semiramis from Babylon.

Christ is the bread of life
The Eucharist
[link to www.remnantofgod.org]

God Bless hf hf

It's simple to understand if you quit reading hateful Chick.

We agree, yes, you cannot deny Jesus is our King, King of Heaven and earth. The example of queens in the Old Testament were mothers of the son, an earthly king.

Mary is Our Lord's mother, She is queen, mother of the
greatest King.

Ishtar is the goddess (false of course, God is male)spoken of in Jeremiah 7:18. No wonder God is angry. But never
would God the Father be angry with Our Lord's mother, she
is His beloved daughter. The Blessed Trinity honors her
with the title of Queen of Heaven.

So sorry, you misinterpreted Scripture. Read Revelation
12:1. The description of the "woman" sounds pretty royal
because it is Mary.
ajk

User ID: 607393
United States
11/14/2009 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Speaking of changing the gospel, what about the fact that you have your own Bible, and added your own books to said Bible, which goes against scripture, in terms of adding anything or taking away from God's word.

Nevermind the fact, that you also trust the Catechism, a book your church created more then God's word, and that you changed the 10 commandments to take out the praying and worshipping idols.

So it's funny given all that among other things, that you say WE change the gospel, when you do it in all sorts of different ways. Pot, meet kettle.

Last Edited by ajk on 11/14/2009 06:34 PM
No one is perfect. A babe before walking will first stumble and fall many times but NEVER gives up until he succeeds.

Always remember, ultimately, to never follow any person's belief. Your relationship with God is between you and God.

If nothing else, remember this: religion = subservience, control and conformity, the same template as EVERY government

"Most believers would kill truth if truth threatened their religion." L. K. Washburn

"This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves." Robert Ingersoll

"If anyone wants to know how God feels, it's a warm light as if the sun is poking through dark clouds and lifting your spirits with pure joy."
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/14/2009 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Speaking of changing the gospel, what about the fact that you have your own Bible, and added your own books to said Bible, which goes against scripture, in terms of adding anything or taking away from God's word.

Nevermind the fact, that you also trust the Catechism, a book your church created more then God's word, and that you changed the 10 commandments to take out the praying and worshipping idols.

So it's funny given all that among other things, that you say WE change the gospel, when you do it in all sorts of different ways. Pot, meet kettle.
 Quoting: ajk

ajk,

Give us the name of the Protestant author and the date of
the first Bible. There was a first Bible, name it? Don't give me translations.

Who was the Protestant who assembled the books of Scripture,
the Canon? Who decided which books were divine and which
were not?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 818776
United States
11/15/2009 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who was the Protestant who assembled the books of Scripture,
the Canon? Who decided which books were divine and which
were not?

Not the RCC.

The Council of Nicea met in 325 A.D, assembled at the command of the Roman Emperor Constantine, and met to address the heresies of a man whose name was Arius.

The Council of Nicea did NOT actually make the original decision about which books were to be part of the Bible. What the councils did do was not so much decide, as AGREE with what had already been decided by the Apostles and was already in practice in the churches all over the world.

The Roman Catholic Church would have you believe that all local churches and congregations were in chaos and all having all sorts of books in their churches and considering them as scripture, being deceived until Three Hundred Years Later in 325 A.D., the Catholic Church finally gets it right comes in and restores order.

The Catholic Church was not even around, and Early Christianity was flourishing. It was flourishing so much that in dozens of places of the Roman Empire, Christians were building underground cities called catacombs...in order to survive the persecutions that Satan was inspiring and directing through the Roman Emperors.

Remember at the time of the Council of Nicea that the Roman Catholic Church Hierarchy did Not yet exist. It did not have that little piece of real estate yet in the Vatican until after 325 A.D. It was after the Council of Nicea that the Emperor set up the Catholic Church.

The Imperial Decree of the Roman Emperor Constantine summoned that council. And it was composed not of Catholic Church Bishops (as they Catholic Church Hierarchy likes to state) but of Independent Bible Believing Pastors.

Since the Catholic Church did not exist, then from where would those Bishops and Pastors at the Council of Nicea have derived their moral and Biblical authority ?

There was no central authority ! They derived their authority from their own independent local Bible Believing congregations. And the Church [meaning the collection of local independent Bible Congregations] was functioning quite well without the interference from Rome.

But the Roman Emperor Constantine who worshipped the Sun God knew that he was having trouble gaining legitimacy amongst Christians. He craved this and sought out Eusebius to see how to make this happen. Eusebius suggested a council of all of the Independent Christian Churches within the Roman Empire, and Constantine agreed.

1) the Church Councils did not "decide" the Cannon of the Bible, they rather AFFIRMED/CONFIRMED the Cannon.

2) the books known as the Apocrypha were NOT accepted as part of Scripture.

3) the history of the Catholic Church is that the longer she continues, the greater her heresies become. She continues to accumulate untruth as time progresses.

The more that the Catholic Church continues in time, the greater her reliance on apocryphal books. It Had to be that way, because the 66 books of the regular and true Bible in no way justified the doctrines that the Catholic Church was teaching.

4) for this reason, the Roman Catholic Church has tried to uphold the supposed Cannonicity of the Apocrypha. They did not succeed in doing this until the Council of Trent, when they finally came out and said that the books of the Apocrypha would be treated as Holy Scripture itself. That was a DEPARTURE from the historical books of the Bible, and a departure from history, and a departure from treating the Apocryphal books as Not being part of the Canon of Scripture. In other words, 1500 years after Jesus Died (and rose again), the Roman Catholic Church decided to change which books should be included in the Bible.

Taken from the book Canon of the Old and New Testament
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/15/2009 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The Council of Nicea did NOT actually make the original decision about which books were to be part of the Bible. What the councils did do was not so much decide, as AGREE with what had already been decided by the Apostles and was already in practice in the churches all over the world."

You can put the same "one page" of the complete Protestant account of Christian history before 1517 in bold but it doesn't make it true.

This is such Protestant BS (so sorry to be vulgar). Show me the documentation where the Canon was decided while the apostles were alive?

In the early Church everything was spoken. Jesus never instructed the Apostles to write a book. And such immature reasoning, all the early Christians believed the same in your vague "Churches"...do you know why...there was no protest yet! They "practiced" things Catholic, it's historical unlike your general comment.

Read the Early Church Fathers, men taught by the apostles. Their beliefs are Catholic. I say "are" because Catholics believe the very same today. Read their words, they believed...believe Jesus is present in the Holy Eucharist.

You all mix Catholic history (the Council of Nicea) with your Protestant lie because you have no early history.

And no matter how much you shout NO, you do follow some
oral tradition...ie: Christ's teaching which comes to us outside of Holy Scripture!

No where in the Bible does it say, the Bible is God's only
source of revelation. You believe a man - Martin Luther -
and his false teaching of Sola Scriptura.

GLP