Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
BREAKING: EU to recognize East Jerusalem as capital of Palestinian state
EU to recognize East Jerusalem as capital of Palestinian state

Haaretz
By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent
Tue., December 01, 2009 Kislev 14, 5770

[link to www.haaretz.com]

European Union foreign ministers are expected to officially call next week for the division of Jerusalem, to serve as the capitals of both Israel and Palestine. A draft document authored by the current holder of the rotating EU presidency, Sweden, and implying that the EU would recognize a unilateral Palestinian declaration of statehood, has been obtained by Haaretz.

Jerusalem is waging a diplomatic campaign to keep the EU from issuing such an endorsement, but diplomats close to the EU deliberations believe it is virtually inevitable.

EU foreign ministers are scheduled to meet on December 7 for a two-day meeting in Brussels on the peace process, after which a statement outlining the body's Mideast policy is expected.

The Swedish draft represents the first official EU articulation of a solution for one of the core issues of the final-status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians.

The document expressed the EU's concern over the stalemate in the peace process and calls for the immediate renewal of negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority in accordance with a prescribed timetable. The goal, it states, is "an independent, democratic, contiguous and viable state of Palestine, comprising the West Bank and Gaza and with East Jerusalem as its capital."

The draft refers directly to the situation in East Jerusalem, calling on "all parties to refrain from provocative actions" and stating the EU Council "has never recognized the annexation of East Jerusalem. If there is to be a genuine peace, a way must be found to resolve the status of Jerusalem as capital of two states. The Council calls for the reopening of Palestinian institutions in Jerusalem in accordance with the road map. It also calls on the Israeli government to cease all discriminatory treatment of Palestinians in East Jerusalem."

The document deals only briefly with Israel's announcement of a 10-month moratorium on construction in settlements across the West Bank: "The Council takes note of the recent decision of the government of Israel on a partial and temporary permanent freeze and expresses the hope that it will become a step towards resuming meaningful negotiations." Israel's removal of checkpoints also receives only cursory mention: "Many checkpoints and roadblocks remain in place to protect settlements."

On the issue of borders, the document states that the EU will not accept any changes made by Israel to the 1967 borders unless they have PA approval. The EU, it says, welcomes PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad's proposal of a unilateral declaration of statehood and would "be able, at the appropriate time, to recognize a Palestinian state."

Israeli diplomats have been following the Swedish initiative for several weeks. Israel's Brussels-based ambassador to the EU, Ran Kuriel, sent several messages to Jerusalem last week accusing Sweden of leading the union on a "collision course" with Israel. Kuriel wrote that Britain and France support the Swedish position, while Germany, Spain and Italy are disinclined to side with Israel on the matter.

Senior Foreign Ministry officials said the belief is widespread across the foreign policy echelon that Sweden is advancing an explicitly "anti-Israel" line, rendering Europe "irrelevant" to the peace process.

European diplomats privy to the negotiations said that although changes favorable to Israel had been made to the draft, there is virtually no chance of preventing the EU from calling for the division of Jerusalem. They said they believe the EU statement will help Palestinians return to negotiations with Israel, as it gives them guarantees of a Palestinian capital in Jerusalem even though Israel has not frozen construction there.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 818317
United States
12/01/2009 01:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: BREAKING: EU to recognize East Jerusalem as capital of Palestinian state
sfan
snarkModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 790439
United States
12/01/2009 01:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
bump bump bump
T For Texas, T For Tennessee!

The virtue of courage is a prerequisite for the practice of all other virtues, because otherwise one is virtuous only when virtue has no cost. There are times when something needs to be done, and yet we know that if we step up and do this needful thing, we will pay a heavy personal price. -C.S. Lewis
Lunaticus Maximus

User ID: 830624
United States
12/01/2009 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Roman Empire has spoken.
Tat Tvam Asi
9teen.47™

User ID: 830885
United Kingdom
12/01/2009 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
lovecommband There may be trouble ahead...........................whistle......................violin....​.....sfan

Last Edited by 9teen.47™ on 12/01/2009 01:39 AM
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.
Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate [woman].
STOCK UP NOW. You should have at least 6 months worth of basics for every member of your household. Stay away from crowds when trouble starts, do not forget water storage, tobacco is worth more than gold or silver, and be kind to hungry children.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 697653
Australia
12/01/2009 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, I'm thinking this will be the catalyst for war in the middle ease. Technically speaking, they are at war, just they haven't fired of the big guns yet. Still throwing rocks over the fence.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 720033
United States
12/01/2009 01:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
These prophesies are about to occur.

The Jews will win and they will then fulfill their goal of the 3rd Jewish Temple as described here:
[link to www.haaretz.com]

ALL THE PIECES ARE NOW FALLING INTO PLACE.

GET READY!!! WATCH!!!

Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour comes soon!

Lift up your heads Christians, for our redemption draweth nigh!!!

God Bless!!!

Isaiah 17

"An oracle concerning Damascus:
"See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins."

Ezekiel 38

"A Prophecy Against Gog
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of [a] Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush [c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
7 " 'Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

10 " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11 You will say, "I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land." 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages [d] will say to you, "Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?" '

14 "Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16 You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.

17 " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Are you not the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel? At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. 18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'"
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 725691
United States
12/01/2009 01:54 AM

Report Abusive Post
How about...................................

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
TXGal4Truth

User ID: 738200
Canada
12/01/2009 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Only Me

No worries Strawberry, it's all part of a BIGGER plan. :)
So have I now become your enemy for telling you the TRUTH? Galatians 4:16
You call me paranoid. I call you uninformed.

:tgdmwt:
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2009 02:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

Closing your eyes won't make it go away. It's time to open them and find the truth.

The TRUTH and the LIFE is Jesus Christ. Find Him today.

God Bless!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 516293
United States
12/01/2009 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 828747
Australia
12/01/2009 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
this is good finaly these jewish bastards are going to lose some of their stolen land
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2009 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
this is good finaly these jewish bastards are going to lose some of their stolen land
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 828747

Unfortunately you are mistaken. God has already spoken on this matter. They will gain MORE.
Goddrunk

User ID: 830643
United States
12/01/2009 02:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately you are mistaken. God has already spoken on this matter. They will gain MORE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 720033

scheming
"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."
- Matthew 11:15
II-Neutron

User ID: 826496
Canada
12/01/2009 02:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
I suppose I should have included the word Breaking in my post.

Thread: EU to recognize East Jerusalem as capital of Palestinian state
[email protected]
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. Hebrews: 11
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 730536
United States
12/01/2009 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ah, appeasement. Didn't work for King Heussein of Jordan at all. He had to militarily remove them after they tried to take over whole segments of his country.

It's not as though this is the first time they have tried this but appeasement is not the answer.
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

United States
12/01/2009 02:14 AM

Report Abusive Post

Closing your eyes won't make it go away. It's time to open them and find the truth.

The TRUTH and the LIFE is Jesus Christ. Find Him today.

God Bless!!!

so.....as a christian........you wouldn't mind Jerusalem being the capital of the islamic faith?
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 784384
United States
12/01/2009 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh really? Was there a press conference or did you get this out of a book with cherry picked stories by man ages ago for his agenda?
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

United States
12/01/2009 02:21 AM

Report Abusive Post
Jerusalem won't go to Palestine without one very huge fight.

EU knows it. That's why they are doing it.

Welcome to the world, everyone...they start wars in the name of peace.
Goodbye, halcyon days...

TXGal4Truth

User ID: 738200
Canada
12/01/2009 02:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh really? Was there a press conference or did you get this out of a book with cherry picked stories by man ages ago for his agenda?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 784384

The answer to your question is just right around the corner..
So have I now become your enemy for telling you the TRUTH? Galatians 4:16
You call me paranoid. I call you uninformed.

:tgdmwt:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 629891
United States
12/01/2009 03:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why would Israel pay any attention to the EU?
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

United States
12/01/2009 03:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
Why would Israel pay any attention to the EU?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 629891

They won't. A fight WILL ensue.
Goodbye, halcyon days...

Spiral Light

User ID: 200257
Canada
12/01/2009 03:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
AlreadyBugged

User ID: 828613
Mexico
12/01/2009 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

No worries Strawberry, it's all part of a BIGGER plan. :)
 Quoting: TXGal4Truth

If they both want it for their capital then they should both have it. But what does 2 people with the same capital become? ONE PEOPLE!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 820023
Canada
12/01/2009 03:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jerusalem won't go to Palestine without one very huge fight.

EU knows it. That's why they are doing it.

Welcome to the world, everyone...they start wars in the name of peace.

Do you support Zionism? What about genocide?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 758380
United States
12/01/2009 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, now, aint this some stuff.

The British empire gave they did not own to Rothschild, now, as Lunaticus Maximus so correctly stated, the new Roman empire (the EU) has made further proclomations about land THEY do not own.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2009 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Europe (including Britain) is the bully of the world. They started this shit in the middle east, with the creation of Israel. Now, they're still meddling.
Goddrunk

User ID: 830643
United States
12/01/2009 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, now, aint this some stuff.

The British empire gave they did not own to Rothschild, now, as Lunaticus Maximus so correctly stated, the new Roman empire (the EU) has made further proclomations about land THEY do not own.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 758380

Luke 21:24
and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."
- Matthew 11:15
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/01/2009 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
You Jewish and Christian fundies are every bit as bad the Islamic fundies. You're all a fucking death cult.

hth
rodm

User ID: 774495
United States
12/01/2009 03:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
study history thus you will not make statements like those below...They stole nothing.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 828747
Bluebird

User ID: 730536
United States
12/01/2009 03:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
study history thus you will not make statements like those below...They stole nothing.

Quoting: rodm

Correct, they stole nothing but have had historic land taken from them. EU being very generous with Israeli land.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy

GLP