Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,090 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 787,232
Pageviews Today: 1,297,172Threads Today: 517Posts Today: 8,976
01:17 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

What do Christians have to say prayer before they eat?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 325497
United States
12/03/2009 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
What do Christians have to say prayer before they eat?
You work hard all day to make money so you can get the food to eat. The man upstairs didn't do swat for you. Why are you thanking him for that?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 831658
United States
12/03/2009 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: What do Christians have to say prayer before they eat?
'the man upstairs' as you call him created the universe so he desreves thanks for everything. as carl sagan once said "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe". god invented the universe and deserves our thanks.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
'the man upstairs' as you call him created the universe so he desreves thanks for everything. as carl sagan once said "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe". god invented the universe and deserves our thanks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 831658

So you should thank him every moment that you are awake. Why only at eating time?
The Guy

User ID: 832854
United States
12/03/2009 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
We don't have to, but it's a nice thing to do.
It's good to be open-minded, just don't let your brain fall out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769657
United States
Report Abusive Post
Because it acknowledges how blessed you are to have that system in place to be able to go get clean food and eat it and be sheltered. Yeah you worked, but you're healthy too. It's gratitutde that makes life better. Instead of complaining about what you lack, give thanks for what you have. It's a mindset of peacefulness.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 591662
United States
Report Abusive Post

applause2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 832841
United States
12/03/2009 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
One day an atheist decided to take a short cut in the woods going home. It was a very pretty day; birds were singing and flying, the brook was burbling, and wild flowers were everywhere. Just he saw the bushes move. It was a bear. He ran as fast as he could and faster still. Then he tripped and fell on a log. By then the bear was right over him about to strike. The atheist yelled out"Oh my God." Just then the birds froze, suspended in mid-air, the brook stopped burbling, and it got quiet. Then God showed up and said "tell me, why should I save you? You teach people to not believe in Me." Then the atheist yelled out "well, at least make the bear a christian." Then God said "Oh, all right." Then the birds were flying again and the brook was burbling. The bear was about to strike then stopped, stood up on his hinds, bowed his head and said "Lord, I thank Thee for this food I'm about to eat."
mopar28m

User ID: 832848
United States
12/03/2009 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
You work hard all day to make money so you can get the food to eat. The man upstairs didn't do swat for you. Why are you thanking him for that?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 325497

The man upstairs gave you your job. (you just think you got it on your own)
vaccinefreehealth blogspot com

The risk far outweighs any benefit as the risk will vary from child to child.

facebook.com/graphixyourway
ObeWayneKenobe

User ID: 832781
United States
Report Abusive Post
All people pray......they just don't realize it:

Prayer is defined by God as; "An intense desire of the heart!"........bet you didn't know that huh?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 832884
South Africa
Report Abusive Post

So you should thank him every moment that you are awake. Why only at eating time?

>>So you should thank him every moment that you are awake<<

Yes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it acknowledges how blessed you are to have that system in place to be able to go get clean food and eat it and be sheltered. Yeah you worked, but you're healthy too. It's gratitutde that makes life better. Instead of complaining about what you lack, give thanks for what you have. It's a mindset of peacefulness.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 769657

It makes more sense if you give thank to "the food" you are about eat as it will keep you alive. This means you should thank the chickens or pigs or cows rather than give thanks to someone who gave you the hunger in the first place.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 819864
United Kingdom
12/03/2009 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
841 that was very funny.We used to always pray at school before lunch.At my secondary school we prayed before each lesson too.Really everything we do would be better after a prayer.This is because it is expressing our gratitude to the creation and also putting us in the correct frame of mind to perform our task well re lessons etc.
lilred4220

User ID: 8768
United States
12/03/2009 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's to praise god for giving you food to eat. This is something we all need to survive.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
841 that was very funny.We used to always pray at school before lunch.At my secondary school we prayed before each lesson too.Really everything we do would be better after a prayer.This is because it is expressing our gratitude to the creation and also putting us in the correct frame of mind to perform our task well re lessons etc.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 819864

Yes that was funny but your story is nothing miraculous. It's just like a placebo effect after a patient has been taking the "medicine".
ObeWayneKenobe

United States
12/03/2009 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

It makes more sense if you give thank to "the food" you are about eat as it will keep you alive. This means you should thank the chickens or pigs or cows rather than give thanks to someone who gave you the hunger in the first place.

They don't give thanks "to" the food.......they give thanks "for" the food!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's to praise god for giving you food to eat. This is something we all need to survive.
 Quoting: lilred4220

This has always been bothering me. On one hand, Christians can't wait to go to heaven to be with God while at the same time are "enjoying" as much materialistic things as possible when they are still alive on this planet. Is this how it works?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 832679
United States
12/03/2009 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

because if your not part of their " christian cult" you won't do whut your supost to do all the time,
and then they can know your the enemy.

they don't have to be nice to you then, and they won't be.

a long time ago they made rules and everone had to follow them of you would be cast out,
no home or job or life, you could not marry and or have kids
you's never get to be anything.

kinda like what it's like now but,
they need what they call sinners for the armry and other types clean up after the asses.

if your tryly smart you say all the right words join the "cult" and marry into a better famliy and , live what ever life they give ya.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ObeWayneKenobe

That's what I meant. They should give thanks "to" the food instead of "for" the food.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 831658
United States
12/03/2009 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

This has always been bothering me. On one hand, Christians can't wait to go to heaven to be with God while at the same time are "enjoying" as much materialistic things as possible when they are still alive on this planet. Is this how it works?

yeah this basically disproves christianity. i mean, they cleverly decided that if you kill yourself you go to hell. why did they do that. b/c they want you to live your life here and be a cog in their Machine, never questioning your awful position in society as you await your death and the promised reward after a long life of toil.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
yeah this basically disproves christianity. i mean, they cleverly decided that if you kill yourself you go to hell. why did they do that. b/c they want you to live your life here and be a cog in their Machine, never questioning your awful position in society as you await your death and the promised reward after a long life of toil.

Excellent answer.
ObeWayneKenobe

United States
12/03/2009 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's what I meant. They should give thanks "to" the food instead of "for" the food.

lol.....actually, that works for me too! I agree......I mean consider the poor o'l chicken who sacrificed all, for the meal, right?

Ok, here's the thing: The grass eats the mineral, the cow eats the grass, the human eats the cow.........so just what may be eating us? 'V'?......solent green?......:( lol

Last Edited by ObeWayneKenobe on 12/03/2009 03:54 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol.....actually, that works for me too! I agree......I mean consider the poor o'l chicken who sacrificed all for the meal, right?

Ok, here's the thing: The grass eats the mineral, the cow eats the grass, the human eats the cow.........so just what may be eating us? 'V'?......solent green?......:(

I wish everyone is as sensible and practical as you are.
ObeWayneKenobe

United States
12/03/2009 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol.....actually, that works for me too! I agree......I mean consider the poor o'l chicken who sacrificed all for the meal, right?

Ok, here's the thing: The grass eats the mineral, the cow eats the grass, the human eats the cow.........so just what may be eating us? 'V'?......solent green?......:(

I wish everyone is as sensible and practical as you are.

Ty
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 824329
Australia
12/03/2009 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol.....actually, that works for me too! I agree......I mean consider the poor o'l chicken who sacrificed all, for the meal, right?

Ok, here's the thing: The grass eats the mineral, the cow eats the grass, the human eats the cow.........so just what may be eating us? 'V'?......solent green?......:( lol

There are a lot of things tat feed off us/humans! Parasites while we are alive and a myriad of creatures after we leave this shell behind.

Now to your opening question - The true significance of prayer before eating has long since been lost on Christians! The origin is no less than the Lord's Supper - "As often as you do this - remember me"! This is what was meant by eating His flesh and drinking His blood; it had nothing to do with the physical flesh and blood but rather the assimilation of His nature and spirit. The follower is to be aware of this and draw this nature and spirit to themselves with each meal and in so doing, in so doing, the follower becomes more and more in nature and spirit the same as the Lord.

As I said, this significance has been lost and replaced by empty ritual!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 733023
United States
12/03/2009 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
LOL thats awesome!

One day an atheist decided to take a short cut in the woods going home. It was a very pretty day; birds were singing and flying, the brook was burbling, and wild flowers were everywhere. Just he saw the bushes move. It was a bear. He ran as fast as he could and faster still. Then he tripped and fell on a log. By then the bear was right over him about to strike. The atheist yelled out"Oh my God." Just then the birds froze, suspended in mid-air, the brook stopped burbling, and it got quiet. Then God showed up and said "tell me, why should I save you? You teach people to not believe in Me." Then the atheist yelled out "well, at least make the bear a christian." Then God said "Oh, all right." Then the birds were flying again and the brook was burbling. The bear was about to strike then stopped, stood up on his hinds, bowed his head and said "Lord, I thank Thee for this food I'm about to eat."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 832841
9teen.47™

User ID: 832920
United Kingdom
12/03/2009 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 769657

+1
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.
Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate [woman].
STOCK UP NOW. You should have at least 6 months worth of basics for every member of your household. Stay away from crowds when trouble starts, do not forget water storage, tobacco is worth more than gold or silver, and be kind to hungry children.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 832929
Australia
12/03/2009 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
No faith in the cook ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 535029
United States
12/03/2009 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 832841

A man was preparing for his first parachute jump. He asked the instructor: "what if my chute doesn't open?" Pull the second chute, was the reply.

What if the second chute doesn't open? Yell "BUDDAH" at the top of your lungs, was the reply.

The man jumped. His firt chute didnt open. He pulled the second rip cord, but that chute didn't open either.

Recalling the instructions, he screamed: "BUDDAH" at the top of his lungs. A giant brown hand apppeared and gently cradeled the man.

Astonished, the man exclaimed "Jesus Christ".

The giant brown hand relesased the man and he fell to his death.

-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 535029
United States
12/03/2009 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 659258
Canada
12/03/2009 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's really quite simple.

They do it because it feels good.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 795140
United States
12/03/2009 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
It has appeared that none of Christians here can answer the question convincingly and so therefore the rituals should be stopped.

GLP