anyone here an anesthesiologist?

searching careers
User ID: 712289
United States
12/03/2009 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
anyone here an anesthesiologist?
I'm looking into becoming a nurse anesthetist (CRNA). And am wondering if its worth the stress and money.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 817374
United States
12/03/2009 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: anyone here an anesthesiologist?
I'm currently a student nurse. Are you already a nurse or still need to get an RN? So far it's very stressful. Two year course to an Assoc. Degree that will allow me to sit for the NCLEX to get the RN. Good luck. I know the money is good for nurse-anesthetists, but it looks stressful. Many surgeon are total A holes and that's who'll you'll ALWAYS be working with.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 737080
United States
12/03/2009 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
not an anesth....but I can tell you this:

early hours

on call for emergency surgeries

mostly boring as patient is asleep and you are monitoring urine output, temp and ekg

sporadic "scare the life out of you" stressful moments

........and, can you be sued if something goes wrong?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm currently a student nurse. Are you already a nurse or still need to get an RN? So far it's very stressful. Two year course to an Assoc. Degree that will allow me to sit for the NCLEX to get the RN. Good luck. I know the money is good for nurse-anesthetists, but it looks stressful. Many surgeon are total A holes and that's who'll you'll ALWAYS be working with.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 817374

I am doing the pre req's before entering nursing school. Do you know anyone that is a CRNA?

What is particularly stressful about nursing school for you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 830154
United States
12/03/2009 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on T.V.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
not an anesth....but I can tell you this:

early hours

on call for emergency surgeries

mostly boring as patient is asleep and you are monitoring urine output, temp and ekg

sporadic "scare the life out of you" stressful moments

........and, can you be sued if something goes wrong?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 737080

I need a career that pays well. Not just "enough". I'll be damned if I can never make it on my own without needing a man to support me.

Thanks for your reply.
I am Free? Maybe

User ID: 831867
United States
12/03/2009 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 817374

I am in the Respiratory Program, I totally feel for you. Yes DR.s are total assholes! Maybe you should try this program. mines almost a BA. Almost done and ready to be done!!!!!! get your thick skin ready..... NO STRESS JUST LISTEN------KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID-----I follow that rule. It's called the KISS rule.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am in the Respiratory Program, I totally feel for you. Yes DR.s are total assholes! Maybe you should try this program. mines almost a BA. Almost done and ready to be done!!!!!! get your thick skin ready..... NO STRESS JUST LISTEN------KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID-----I follow that rule. It's called the KISS rule.
 Quoting: I am Free? Maybe

I hear the jobs in RT are slimming down these days. Good luck when you get out of school.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 758380
United States
12/03/2009 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wouldn't let a nurse anesthetist near me!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/03/2009 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wouldn't let a nurse anesthetist near me!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 758380

well sorry to burst your bubbler but most people who undergo surgery are under the eagle eye of a NURSE anesthetist.
TwinSister

User ID: 683425
United States
12/03/2009 08:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: I am Free? Maybe

Well, hello I am Free? maybe, I have been an RT for 24 years.

The hospital I work in all the physicians love us RT's. As a student they snub ya, but once your in and they trust you they treat you much differently.

Wish ya well.
If you don't have control of your mind.....someone else will!

GLP