Offer Upgrade

User ID: 695595
United States
12/21/2009 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The difference between authority and power / Today's humor for perspective
The difference between authority and power

Two Federal Officers, one DEA and one NAIS, stop at a ranch in Ohio, and talk with an old rancher. The DEA OFFICER tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." and the "NAIS" officer says "And I need to insure your livestock is tagged".

The old rancher says, "Okay, but do not go in that field over younder' till i gits my boys" as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me.' Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the farmer. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear SIR? Do you understand me SIR?"

The old rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA & NAIS officers running for their life... chased close behind by the rancher's prize "LongHorn" Bull. With every step the Big Long Horns of the bull are gaining ground on the officers Posteriors, and it seems likely that one or both shall be gored before they reach safety of any fence.

The officers are clearly terrified knowing their fate.

The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge!...show him your badge!!!"
pubwvj
User ID: 846918
United States
12/22/2009 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The difference between authority and power / Today's humor for perspective
Check out this cartoon along this line:

[link to nonais.org]

GLP