Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,170 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,224,408
Pageviews Today: 1,722,653Threads Today: 471Posts Today: 8,764
01:58 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?

KAW!
User ID: 4224146
United States
02/12/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?
I've told as many people about this whole mystery as I can.The more people that know the better in my opinion.
Observer
User ID: 3218530
United States
02/13/2012 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?
I've told as many people about this whole mystery as I can.The more people that know the better in my opinion.
 Quoting: KAW! 4224146

I've told a few who know me well. I agree that people should know. This entire thing just says so much.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10025820
United States
02/14/2012 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10717991
Australia
02/14/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
i used a computer terminal in 1969.
it was in our church.
my Mom does not remember it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10025820
United States
02/16/2012 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Observer
United States
02/19/2012 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Checking in. Hope everyone is okay. The possibilities here are pretty tough to deal with and I'm having some out of the ordinary impulses. Don't know if that's a normal response to something like this (and well, geez, I've regained a lot of memories) as it is very alienating. If anybody else is having issues with dealing, hang in there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9915335
Sweden
02/19/2012 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have any of you ever been kicked in the bro-nuts?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11115410
Canada
02/19/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Okay...how many of you tend to read backwards. If you pick up a magazine, newspaper, or something you automatically start from the last page and thumb through that way? Never, ever the beginning?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 778753

I always do this
 Quoting: chrion777 1078426

I always do this too. I've only met one other person who does this. Weird.
 Quoting: no one 35

LOL It's been quite a while since I visited this thread.
Yes, I do the backwards reading, and have little trouble reading upside down.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/19/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
For those who have read all or part of the thread: did anyone else notice the AC from Australia and his comments? He seemed to know more and hinted @ how to remember these lost blocks of our lives. But he never gave any solid evidence and it seemed like he went unnoticed by the other posters. I just had a strange feeling reading his posts.
Another thing I could do as a child was to perceive the same place two different ways. This one is tough to explain, but my grandma's house was one I would do often. It was like it was physically a different place even though it was exactly the same and I want to say it had to do with lighting and shadows during different times of the day. It was like I saw it as a completely different house even though I knew it wasn't. There was a certain 'feeling' that would make it appear different somedays. I was 5 or so, and as I grew I could easily switch btwn the two perceived houses @ will. Almost like they were in two different dimensions or planes of existence.
could just be the creative mind entertaining itself too. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
 Quoting: no one 35

I didn't get this with places but with people, and it only happened a few times. It was usually with family - just out of the blue their faces would subtly change for a second or two. Once my best friend's face seemed to be overlaid by the face of an old man. Weird stuff. And then sometimes - again usually with family or friends - I'd be overcome by this feeling of being homesick, like I didn't belong there with them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2469884
United States
02/19/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, so I'm not the only one who was part of this program and barely remembers anything about it...

I was in GATE in the late 70s and early 80s, in Northern Ca. I can say with fairness that I have not lived up to my potential and I've been a doomer all my life, but I never thought to put that together with GATE.

I really don't remember much of what we did. I remember singing songs and playing games that I suspect now were intelligence tests. I remember a playground with a huge geodesic dome. That's about it.

I know I got sent to jr. high a year early because of that program and that was the worst thing that could have happened to me. I was completely socially unprepared and it was hell.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/19/2012 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Queen Bea- I enjoy reading your comments. All three of those statements resonate with me. Do you, or anyone else reading this, find yourself drawn to, or compelled to study certain seemingly random topics? I've noticed that the few people I have met who are "like me" tend to have a fascination-of-the-week and feel like they're on a scavenger hunt of sorts. I know that sounds crazy. Just wondering if anyone else can relate to this.
 Quoting: phrenology101

Ditto. But what I've realized is that eventually they link up, Might take several years, but eventually there's a connection.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1037270
United States
02/20/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Queen Bea here... it seems random, but it's never random, everything does connect back up to the original search. It only appears random to those who don't make the same jumps we do. I know I feel homesick, always have... maybe it's being adopted, stonewalled at finding my "real" family... It's gotten worse lately. I can't figure out if I'm being protected or stifled. It's maddening, the more I dig, the more questions I have. Every answer leads to a new question, lol.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/20/2012 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone read Leap of Faith: An Astronaut's Journey into the Unknown?

"Astronaut Gordon Cooper, one of the original seven Mercury astronauts, has confirmed the existence of a mind control program administered by NASA in the 1950's and 1960's involving gifted American schoolchildren.

He went on to describe how NASA's mind control program emphasized cultivation of the children's psychic abilities and that it involved telepathy, remote viewing, and out-of-body-experiences (OBE's).

Cooper's remarks generally support the claims of a growing cadre of Americans, now in their thirties, forties, and fifties, who are recovering memories of unusual classes that they were enrolled in as young children during the advent of the Space Age.

These "study groups" included speed reading lessons that enabled students to comprehend entire passages at a single glance, the use of learning machines to teach them vast amounts of information, card games and other situational exercises involving clairvoyance, and seminars in the guided imagination that forms the basis of remote viewing."

[link to www.amazon.com]

[link to www.rense.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 926633

Holy cow. I read that book several years ago and have absolutely NO memory of anything like that being in it.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/20/2012 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Also remember a class exercise were we teamed up with another student and ran an astronaut survival scenario in which one part was to choose the best equipment to take along with you. Like oxygen food pistols etc.
 Quoting: KAW! 1532885

KAK, Had a very similar exercise...The only difference was ours was colonizing on the moon...What would take in order to build a living quarters on the moon...With weight being a factor...Our idea was a rolled tube of fabric...The would be filled with moon dirt...and coiled into an igloo...Our sponsors were from Ames Research Center...close to where I lived...
 Quoting: Anton7719

We did something similar one year in elementary school. And this was in Canada, which I don't think had any connection to any space program back then.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
02/20/2012 03:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'd like to throw out a few questions of my own to those who remember being in GATE or something similar.

* Have you had an interest in esoteric and/or paranormal topics? UFOs/Aliens? Forbidden History?

* Have you had an interest in advanced science and technology above that of the average person?

* Have you evolved your belief system from a traditional religious one to a more spiritual, wholistic one - perhaps even with a flirtation with atheism or agnosticism along the way?

* Do you have any environmentalist leanings?

* Have you changed your diet away from animal products?

* Have you had a fairly recent move towards (or back to) Faith?

Here's my thinking: that some in each generation have been subtly prepared, not as sleepers or agents provacateurs-in-waiting, but as educators for our fellow Man.

This may not apply to all on this thread, but it seems to me that many here are, to one degree or another:
- empathetic;
- caring;
- sensitive (in ALL senses);
- intelligent;
- extremely curious;
- willing, able and eager to think outside the box;
- able to remember & process large amounts of data and find hidden connections and patterns;
- concerned about the fate of Earth and of Man;
- indifferent to materialism and prestige;
- good communicators, even if natural loners.

How many of you share, or try to share, your discoveries and/or theories with others? (It doesn't matter whether they listen or not; what's important is whether you're planting seeds in other minds.)

Perhaps we've been conditioned and prompted to conclude (and even experience for ourselves) that Humans are more than just physical entities; that we're Spirit in physical form.

Maybe that's why we've been led to accept ideas that might not seem out of place here at GLP but which are still considered whack among the populace at large.

Maybe because it's our job to do our bit to spread more expansive thoughts among our small group of friends/family/acquaintances. Maybe we're meant to be the human equivalent of information kiosks. lol

Maybe that's why many of us are feeling that a critical time is here or fast approaching - because it is - because Earth and its inhabitants are in the midst of a 'sea change'.

Just some food for thought............
Observer
United States
02/20/2012 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
* Have you had an interest in esoteric and/or paranormal topics? UFOs/Aliens? Forbidden History?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11115410

Ghosts are curiosity subject for me in that it's a phenomena that is present world wide and within every culture. Aliens and UFOs--to a degree. I do think that, by definition, an UFO is truly an unidentified (to the viewer) flying object but that doesn't always equate to aliens. Aliens, of course, are a fact (imho) as the entirety of the universe is so immense that it would be a catastrophic waste of space to not have others living in it. Plus we're just not that special. I previously had significant ties to several best-selling and well known book authors on the subject of alternative history. I didn't always agree with their opinions but liked the fact that they stirred the pot, so to speak.

* Have you had an interest in advanced science and technology above that of the average person?

Absolute nerd here.

* Have you evolved your belief system from a traditional religious one to a more spiritual, wholistic one - perhaps even with a flirtation with atheism or agnosticism along the way?

Held an interest in the diversity of religions for a while. Eventually moved from agnostic to atheist. Lived several years within a tribal culture where I was eventually "adopted" into it and was allowed treatment by medicine men. My own beliefs are more akin to Native beliefs but not the rubbish that plastic medicine churn out.

* Do you have any environmentalist leanings?

Technically triple majored in botany, biology and geology. Aimed to be an ecologist until fate stepped in.

* Have you changed your diet away from animal products?

Tried to be a vegetarian but body wouldn't allow it. Still a low eater of meats.

* Have you had a fairly recent move towards (or back to) Faith?

No. I think that the trend toward increased interest and practice of faith has been a result of mental trauma due to 9/11. In times of turmoil, people tend to look to a higher power. It's no less true now in this current state of things but turning to faith is never a solution. If one is unhappy about something, then they need to become the solution--not a part of the problem. No "God" is going to save us. We have to save ourselves.

Here's my thinking: that some in each generation have been subtly prepared, not as sleepers or agents provacateurs-in-waiting, but as educators for our fellow Man.

As of my own experience that first set me down this yellow brick road, I would truly caution about this. If you don't know who is the man behind the curtain, then you certainly shouldn't trust that what they were doing was right. Critically examine the ethics involved here (or lack thereof).

Yes, it'd be comforting if we were "created" to serve a higher, altruistic purpose but we're talking about people that may have intentionally wiped memories from us when we were children. Who used parental pride to assure that we would participate with all the parental assent required. Think about Congress and Sen. Ted Kennedy's commentary about the project MK-ULTRA. We are not MK-ULTRA but there are still significant similarities (kinder, gentler version). Outside of that, what should be detected is the entirety of a breakdown between Congressional oversight of what was being done to "unwitting citizens" by other aspects of said government. Ask yourself: are we the product of Congress or something more shadowy?

This may not apply to all on this thread, but it seems to me that many here are, to one degree or another:
- empathetic;
- caring;
- sensitive (in ALL senses);
- intelligent;
- extremely curious;
- willing, able and eager to think outside the box;
- able to remember & process large amounts of data and find hidden connections and patterns;
- concerned about the fate of Earth and of Man;
- indifferent to materialism and prestige;
- good communicators, even if natural loners.

This is the criteria for gifted program so, of course, we're all going to be this.

How many of you share, or try to share, your discoveries and/or theories with others? (It doesn't matter whether they listen or not; what's important is whether you're planting seeds in other minds.)

I plant seeds.

Perhaps we've been conditioned and prompted to conclude (and even experience for ourselves) that Humans are more than just physical entities; that we're Spirit in physical form.

Maybe that's why we've been led to accept ideas that might not seem out of place here at GLP but which are still considered whack among the populace at large.

Not so sure about the first part and the second part is simply part of our nature, or as Bea once put it, burning down the box.

Maybe because it's our job to do our bit to spread more expansive thoughts among our small group of friends/family/acquaintances. Maybe we're meant to be the human equivalent of information kiosks. lol

Again, all too altruistic. If significant ethical questions exist in regards to what happened to us, then how can we be assured that the ends justified the means in some altruistic "good for all" way? Especially considering suicide and drug and alcohol abuse rates (that they just won't count).

Maybe that's why many of us are feeling that a critical time is here or fast approaching - because it is - because Earth and its inhabitants are in the midst of a 'sea change'.

I agree that we have been "triggered". This thread is tremendously obvious of that. I just am unsure why or what for. In the words of Chris Carter, "trust no one" except perhaps each other.
KAW!
United States
02/21/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Funny.I have run into about 6 or 7 people who were in a gifted program ,and my age who have never heard of this site.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1591049
United States
02/21/2012 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
This has been an interesting thread I've enjoyed following, so to reciprocate I'd like to share my experience with the gifted program. I'm sorry it won't shed a whole lot of light on the matter, but I hope you might find it amusing, as I've been amused by the recollection (except for realizing what a little shit I was - that's a little disheartening).

When I entered 5th grade about 25 years ago I joined my class a couple weeks late because my family just got back from extended vacation. One of the first things I had to do was take a test that all my classmates had already taken. I don't know how it was conducted with them, but with me since I was the only one doing it, it was just me and a lady in a small room with 1 table and 2 chairs. I figured it must be important so I was a bit nervous and wanted to do well. I got off to a poor start when she realized she didn't have a stopwatch to time my performance, but said it didn't matter, she would just use the second hand on her small gold wristwatch. I wanted her to use my new Casio LCD digital watch/stopwatch waterproof to 50m that I was very proud of (this was the '80s), but she brushed me off and said it didn't matter. I was quite distraught, as this was obviously an important matter and my Casio could count hundredths of a second while she could at best estimate within a second or two. But she would have none of it and said her watch was good enough, and I reluctantly started the test only after insisting that she make note of the situation.

After that rocky start, I started going through the usual battery of questions without too much to remember except I drove her a bit crazy by timing myself on my Casio and asking her after every question what was her time and correcting her accordingly. ie:

Me: "How was that"?
Her: "You finished the puzzle in 13 seconds, that's a very good time".
Me: "I got 12.42 seconds on my Casio and it's completely waterproof to 50m".
Her: "Sigh. Ok So we agree within a fraction of a second".
Me: "No, we're way off depending how you round it! Technically I did almost 10% better if you round to the nearest second!"
Her: Ok ok, 12 seconds is your time".

And so it went without much else to remember except a couple of the puzzles. One of them was the series of questions that go like "A is to B like C is to [blank] and you had a multiple choice. I was completely flummoxed as each choice had something in common with the premise, and I just couldn't accept that there was only one answer. She would say "Peas are to peanuts like..." and very distraught i would argue that if a)both pairs are fruits or legumes; and if b) both pairs start with the same letter; and if c)both pairs have the same shape and if d) both pairs are primary colors when they are not ripe; etc. etc etc. She kept saying "Just choose the best answer" and I kept replying along the lines of "Is the best answer the most obvious one or the most hidden one?" but by this point she was practically banging her head on the table.

Another one I had a big problem with was one of the last puzzles. It was a set of about 6 cards with drawings on them of a boy and his dog who went fishing. My task was to arrange them in order to correctly tell the story. I laid them out as I saw fit, and a smile crept up in the corners of her mouth. She (with some noticeable satisfaction) re-arranged the cards and showed me the story as it was supposed to be. I put the cards back the way I had them and told her the story as I saw it, pointing out that mine was a lot more interesting. Her story was boring. We argued back and forth until I told her to arrange the cards any way she wanted and I would tell the story. She actually did start shuffling the cards around and i would narrate each version of the story for her (and then reporting how long I took to the hundredth of a second). But this didn't please her at all and she was getting very upset. She would go from getting angry to pleading with me and back again.

I finally finished and when I went home that day I felt ashamed and thought it had gone so badly that I didn't even tell my parents about the test. I thought they were going to get a phone call telling them I was so stupid I had to go back to the 3rd grade or something like that, so I just hid in my room and never said anything.

Some days later I got called to the principal's office. He had a sheet of paper in his hands and said it was the results of the special test. He said I had done really well and wanted me to join a special program where a couple times a week me and a few classmates would go to another school for fun activities. I was very happy and noted with pride when he laid the sheet down (I could read upside-down) that my name was at the top of the list with the other kids obviously ranked from smartest all the way to class dummy.

The day before I was supposed to start the principal came to the lunch room and took me aside and said there had been a mistake, I wouldn't be able to join the special class. I was hurt and heartbroken and yelled at him and ran out and walked 5 miles home and hid in my room.

The dozen or so kids who started going were so smug about their special status and I hated it. So I started a rumor that they were part of "special ed" and spread that around school. Eventually the gifted students got tired of being teased and called retarded and one by one refused to go and that was the end of the gifted program at my school. I told you I was a little shit. I'm not proud of it.

A couple decades later it came up and my older sister told me the reason I couldn't go was that my mother, a psychology professor, absolutely forbid the school from letting me participate. To this day I don't really know why. Did she know something about these programs? I know in the '60's she worked with some pretty big names at the Ivy Leagues when all this crap started. I asked her twice. The first time she brushed it off and said she didn't know what I was talking about. The second time, a couple years later, she got a bit angry and said those programs were just a waste of time and refused to discuss it further. I haven't brought it up since.

Well that's my story, like I said it doesn't shed any light but it's been fun reading your stories and remembering my own. Take care.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11193237
United States
02/21/2012 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was part of the programs in California in the 70s/80s, so much of what has been written here has been like finding my own reflection in each of your lives - intelligent underachiever, always felt I had a hidden mission but I didn't understand what it was, speed-reading, etcetera. Also have felt a strong calling back to faith (not any specific one, I recognize the Creator in whatever spiritual form he takes.) I hated authority, because authority doesn't exist in the way we are told. We are each the author and the verifier of truth.

These are my experiences, see if they resonate for you.

Within the last few weeks, things have started really "coming together" in my mind. I feel like I have a newfound clarity and ease in tying multiple threads together. I saw "As Above, So Below" is the same as the Our Father prayer in the Christian New Testament - but I didn't really come from a religious family nor extensively study religious teachings, it's like spiritual understanding has been turned on inside, I just SEE it. I recognized this same spirit in an old Native American woman's face, the smile of God, I feel this warmth in my chest when someone speaks the Truth.

I can see the dark forces speak in symbols - maybe why we were fed the literature, art for this purpose? Perhaps wrongly, but I believe we were "put to sleep" so the enemy couldn't find us until the battle was ready to be joined. I feel this battle IS right now an information war and a spiritual one. Perhaps we have other talents for other times, but this is what I feel is needed from us now.

I've been getting "psychic" messages (don't know how else to term them - epiphanies maybe) - strongly. They used to be an occasional whisper, now much louder and more frequent. This all feels very natural, if a little weird. I see things that are going to happen, but I can't explain why. I have seen things in the past week I can't explain. I am an analytical thinker, but I've been going with what feels right, even if the analytical side might think it's a little nuts, haha. When I follow my intuition I am flooded with warmth. That's my navigation system - the things I am supposed to do feel really good, the things that I'm not supposed to do cause pain. I pay attention to this internal navigation system.

The dark enslaving forces I think are using electronic energy (media and HAARP array - just a guess) to broadcast lies and evil intentions out through the population, to get everybody thinking dark thoughts. They want people to FEAR. Since each of us is the creator, if you can have the majority of people thinking horrible things, that is what they will manifest. I actually felt this the other night, laying in bed I suddenly saw all of these horrible and dark images in my mind, felt an energy squeezing on my heart, extremely fast binaural beats heard in my ears. It took some work to find the things that shut it down. Imagining many voices raised in love helped. I turned these dark images in my mind to light images by changing the visualization. Be careful about the images you take in, they do have some strange power.

Here is what I think we are: We are here for love and truth. We are the human antennas of God.

It is time to start broadcasting.
Observer
United States
02/21/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
lol, well done on the tests there. Perhaps "little shit" should be added to the list of criteria. I know my son, who was also in the program for a year, and I definitely fall under that category. Both of us have a knack for questioning people until they have put themselves in a corner and it never ceases to infuriate others. It's no wonder Socrates was killed, lol. :)

Interesting (monumental) thing that I forgot to mention. Most of you are probably familiar with Myers-Brigg testing. I have always been an INTJ with a strong I and about 10 points in on T. My fiance, children and I kept noting a massive change in me. I retook the Myers-Brigg, answering the questions with how I have been acting in the last month. I am now ENFJ with a radical amount of change in both the I-E and T-F. We're talking 50 to 60 pt jumps. For whatever reason, extravert and feeling were suppressed. It's funny because we all consider ourselves to be highly empathetic but detached. I'm no longer detached. It just reminded me of that pdf I linked to a bit ago and this quote from it: "They are the wild tall poppies that many forces conspire to cut down to size." If, in our natural state, we were "wild tall poppies", then post-programming, we became shrinking violets.
Observer
United States
02/21/2012 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Within the last few weeks, things have started really "coming together" in my mind. I feel like I have a newfound clarity and ease in tying multiple threads together.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11193237

Same.

I recognized this same spirit in an old Native American woman's face, the smile of God, I feel this warmth in my chest when someone speaks the Truth.

I chuckled when I read this. I'll never forget the medicine man who treated me. He was an amazing sight for a ragged old man. Positively lit up.

I can see the dark forces speak in symbols - maybe why we were fed the literature, art for this purpose? Perhaps wrongly, but I believe we were "put to sleep" so the enemy couldn't find us until the battle was ready to be joined. I feel this battle IS right now an information war and a spiritual one. Perhaps we have other talents for other times, but this is what I feel is needed from us now.

I think I know what you're talking about here. There are various forms of media being utilized to manipulate and generate fear. I still respectfully disagree to the intentions. Those who tampered with us are most likely the shadowy part of our government. I'm basing this on the flashing tvs (I truly don't think they expected us to develop aversions to the things) and what I believe is the cutting down of the tall wild poppies. Look at us. We should have shone like beacons but instead, we lurk in the shadows like our makers. What good has ever come or been done in the shadow?

We are in an information war. Recently a senator likened hackers who released information to the public to being the equivalent of Pearl Harbor. If that is so, can we not become the "sleeping giant"? Information dissemination is where we shine. What I deeply, based on my own experience, caution about is making sure that YOU always act in accordance with your own beliefs. I found myself acting in complete discordance with mine. That is what lead me to truly question everything and to this thread. Trust noone and, until you can be assured of yourself, don't even trust yourself. Never forget that you have been tampered with. That is to all of us.

I've been getting "psychic" messages (don't know how else to term them - epiphanies maybe) - strongly. They used to be an occasional whisper, now much louder and more frequent. This all feels very natural, if a little weird.

Ahh the dread "p-word", lol. Know what you mean. I've been epiphany central myself. It was a whisper, now it's a rumble and sometimes a din.

I see things that are going to happen, but I can't explain why. I have seen things in the past week I can't explain. I am an analytical thinker, but I've been going with what feels right, even if the analytical side might think it's a little nuts, haha. When I follow my intuition I am flooded with warmth. That's my navigation system - the things I am supposed to do feel really good, the things that I'm not supposed to do cause pain. I pay attention to this internal navigation system.

Mhmm. I've seen visions, too, superimposed on top of reality as if I am seeing the future. I do not like what I see. Therefore, if you're mad, then I'm mad, too. Either that or we are the sane ones in a sea of madness. My analytical side has seizures from it but I, too, am relying on that inner navigation system.

They want people to FEAR.

Fear makes society infinitely controllable and most likely to rely on authority even at the expense of civil liberties. There is a great deal of fear generation going on, I agree. I differ on intent. I think it is to isolate us from each other. Although this may seem really contradictory with my above "trust noone", I have placed my trust in the average human being for we are all in this together.

Have you ever read Beauty by opechi Tepper? If you haven't, you should. I think it would strike a deep resonance within you.

I actually felt this the other night, laying in bed I suddenly saw all of these horrible and dark images in my mind, felt an energy squeezing on my heart, extremely fast binaural beats heard in my ears. It took some work to find the things that shut it down. Imagining many voices raised in love helped. I turned these dark images in my mind to light images by changing the visualization. Be careful about the images you take in, they do have some strange power.

Reminds me of what I learned from the Dineh. I do agree that something awful is being put out. Out of curiosity, was it Saturday?

Here is what I think we are: We are here for love and truth. We are the human antennas of God.

It is time to start broadcasting.

From an atheist, I agree though perhaps not god but "other". Kind of funny but I find myself, as of late, constantly making connection to total strangers and reminding them of love. It's amazing actually. My fiance says that I light up like a candle when I do it. The way I see it is that, if this is an information war, then our first task must be to break down those isolating barriers so that people see it for what it is. I would say a significant portion of the population has managed to recognize it now but it's still not enough.
Kaw-Liga
User ID: 1531873
United States
02/23/2012 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look up satanic ritual abuse or generational satanic abuse.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1037270
United States
02/23/2012 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Kaw-Liga 1531873

Maybe for some, not my experience at all. I can honestly say that I've never been tampered with in that way either by the state or my family. There was a bit of hysteria with all that when I was a kid, some of it seems a bit outlandish... but I don't discount the experience of others. But I will say it's not mine and that's a dead end as far as I'm personally concerned.
Observer
United States
02/24/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Kaw-Liga 1531873

Maybe for some, not my experience at all. I can honestly say that I've never been tampered with in that way either by the state or my family. There was a bit of hysteria with all that when I was a kid, some of it seems a bit outlandish... but I don't discount the experience of others. But I will say it's not mine and that's a dead end as far as I'm personally concerned.
 Quoting: Sacred Chao Herder

At this time, I have to concur. It would leave just too much to be noticed by either a concerned uncontrolled educator or parent. Although the hysteria and claims may have seemed outlandish, what happened back then was quite real. I totally know what you mean. It's a hard pill to swallow but apparently the pill existed.

The issue that I have with utterly discounting is that it seems to go against the statistics of characteristics amongst us all. I do certainly hope that you all have read up on dissociative disorder and depersonalization at this point. The statistics for the majority of us to have these issues is anomalous. Although the gifted are slightly more likely to have some form of mental disorder, dissociative isn't the most common one (bipolar is). Dissociative disorder isn't very frequent in a given population. One of these days when I have more time, I'm going to start counting the reports of traits and make those statistics for you all to see. I apologize for not having time to do so now. Dissociative disorder, while a child can be predisposed to it, requires trauma to develop. That (and subsequent fracturing of the personality) seems to be the common goal of ritual abuse and similar old government programs. And it may be statistically significant among us.

Until I can directly count individual references to depersonalization and other dissociative states and crunch the numbers, I'm just guessing based on my own mental counts (as my impulses are saying GO GO GO!! do it do it!! lol--have duties to perform). One thing that I DO know is that the level of dissociative amnesia present among this particular population is horrendously statistically anomalous. Dissociative amnesia (periods of memory loss) has an extremely low prevalence rate of about 0.2%. Given the population of the US and the percentage of population that would have an iq over 130 (as required by gifted programs), that would mean that a little over 13,000 of us gifted program participants would have some degree of dissociative amnesia. Just looking at that number could explain the presence of depersonalization and amnesia amongst us except for one thing. The majority of us have our amnesia centered around the program, itself, lol. We're not looking at random traumatic events as diverse as a forest, which is the typical source of dissociative amnesia. We're looking at one specific repressed set of memories in all of us with amnesia--extremely unlikely to happen naturally, lol. The question is...what'd they do to generate it if they were unlikely to physically harm us?
Observer
United States
02/24/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh and one more thing to add. I managed to unlock very significant amounts of memories of my childhood simply by playing with my mind (using knowledge gleaned here)in a self induced hypnotic state (sandy beach). Whereas I did manage to unlock the majority of missing segments of my childhood, a void surrounding the program still remains. What I did unlocked everything else but not that. I find that interesting and rather incriminating. Furthermore, I have been undergoing massive personality change. I went from INTJ to ENFJ and, weirdly enough, I was diagnosed as autistic in 1994. People always had me take the AQ test to see if it really worked and I generally scored around 40-42 on it. At the urging of my son because the change in me has become so radical, I retook it and scored 24.

The most significant and personal change, however, isn't these numbers and traits. For those who slip into coma like states in severe emotional distress, I no longer do that. It got put to the test the other day and what actually settled me down was the realization that I wasn't passing out. Replacing is easier than erasing doesn't seem to be functioning in me anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8428414
United States
02/24/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
They tried to put me in such a program back in like, 1970 but I remember not wanting to go and they picked me up kicking crying and screaming to take me probably to call my mother. I did not attend those classes because of that. I thought I would be more "popular" with other kids if I was "normal". It did not work and later the school shrink started calling my mother at age 7 or so due to my "problems". I tested high on IQ early on as well and entered school early. Later, I had severe emotional problems and slacked off on schoolwork and found school hard. I ended up dropping out and getting a degree at a low level college with a GED. I have never had anything in life but sorrow and trouble.

I think I tangibly lost IQ points between the time I was tested at age 4 and early adulthood.

I saw my first real shrink in high school.

The last time I took a "gifted" level class was in middle school when I was gifted English for 2 years. We studied the abominations (Gods) of the Greeks and Romans and I thought it was odd that we weren't practicing English and reading more literature in English.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10470216
United States
02/24/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting. I don't need to be taught that though -- I am just 'one of those people'. People meet me, open up, and tell me their whole life stories and/or troubles without me having to do a thing.

Sometimes I wish I could stop it though -- whatever it is that I do innately -- because I don't always want to hear everyone's troubles, and I am so polite that its hard to 'get away' once they start venting.
 Quoting: tandym

Wow Tandym! The exact thing happens to me as well! I find myself standing and listening to someone conversing with me with me offering few replies and they continue to talk on and on. I start to get frustrated after I realize I have been listening to them for 30 minutes and there are other things I need to be doing!

I just stand there anxiously flexing my toes inside my shoes or digging my fingernails into the side of my leg through my pants pocket, thinking "I need to go!"

I guess I have no exit startegy :)
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/24/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone mentioned a teacher with a puppet. We also had a teacher that would come in every Friday. Her name was Mrs. Self.

I truly thin her name, "Mrs. Self" had a meaning in and of it'self'.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/24/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Side note: I remember a meeting with parents from our class along with the Principal. His name was Mr. Wilcox. I believe it was about being forced into Sousa. It ended in a screaming contest and as we left the school my mother spit on the Principal's car. She then said he was “Mr Without-a-@#$%” “Rhymes with Cox”.

Interesting. Perhaps another fake name. Think about the name "Wilcox". Will Cocks......some sort of undertone there.
KAW!
United States
02/24/2012 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
THE 2 ABOVE QUOTES ARE NOT ME.

GLP