Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,889 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,003,809
Pageviews Today: 1,834,077Threads Today: 601Posts Today: 13,516
05:54 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 825664
United States
01/12/2010 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?
I was about 7 years old. I was trying to explain how my mind could instantly process complex mathematics without the need for memorized routines and she didn't have a clue.

When they wanted the steps, it didn't work out so well, did it? LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 830672
United States
01/12/2010 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Were You Part Of The "Mentally Gifted Minds" Program In California Scools back in the 70's?
I don't know what you people are talking about. The GATE program of the late 80's/early 90's wasn't about unprogramming it was tailored to kids who seemed destined to become future leaders. Their programming was tweaked per the burden of responsibility - middle managers with enough latitude to make the clockwork keep on the straight and narrow. It was about the importance of civilization, man's savage nature, the art of compromise -- it was also desensitizing them to the coming radical changes with exposure and sympathy for the 'new world order'.

The masses are fed 'Soylent Green' and 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and the middle managing slave class (Mentally Gifted Minds) read Orwell.

And now...those kids I grew up with all went to Ivy Leagues for undergrad and grad, all have posh positions in banking, science, gov't -- all under 30...and they all are able to rationalize everything I try to wake them up to; the need for depopulation allows for the immoral trickery and murder of billions - (see The Watchmen or see Agammemmnon in Clytemestra)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36898
United States
01/12/2010 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember the moment I realized I was far more brilliant than any of my MGM teachers. I was about 7 years old. I was trying to explain how my mind could instantly process complex mathematics without the need for memorized routines and she didn't have a clue. My first good lesson in humoring those less intelligent than I was figuring out how to gracefully back out of that conversation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 488240

I was doing 3 digit addition and subtraction (236 + 188 etc) in my head at the age of four.
GraftedPromise
User ID: 858612
United States
01/12/2010 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
... Oh oh ... Wisconsin here ... late 1960's ...
... called "Superior Student Research" handled through the University of Wisconsin ...
... tried to find info about the program about a year ago ...
... no success ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 863003
United States
01/12/2010 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you read my thread, Confessions of the Illuminati, you may be able to find some of the information you need.

These tests served many, many purposes as most things involving the elite do. I will try to lay out some of the purposes here quickly. The motivations are explained in greater detail in that thread but beware, it is long.

1. The Ludens are the Illuminati that a spoken of today. They are the hidden group of elite that are the descendants of the Fallen and human beings. A novel was written regarding us: [link to en.wikipedia.org]

2. Ludens families used Luden's cough drops as an identifier. There are many reasons for this that I've laid out in the other thread. If you came from a family that had a room full of unopened boxes of Luden's cough drops you are a Ludens. I mean floor to ceiling, occupying a room.

3. I am a Ludens

4. I was used in these programs to detect others. In any program there is a needed known control subject. I was the control subject. If you are a Ludens, you were a control subject. Others were already well aware of our mental capabilities.

5. I was also used as a manipulator. I was only a child at the time but was already intelligent with enough mental abilities to serve this purpose thoroughly. I already described how we would create a frenzy in the library for certain books that we wanted read. There were many other ways that we would manipulate to provoke certain reactions and other various reasons.

6. We were looking for two types of people - Those of York Rite blood and other Ludens.

7. The reasons for searching for those of York Rite blood are laid out in the other thread. Both groups have mental abilities and traits that are easily distinguishable when the right environment is put into place.

8. We were also searching for any Ludens that may have been displaced from their Families. There are a myriad of reasons that displacement could have occurred. We have an interest in keeping track of our numbers but we are much more sloppy at it than the York Rite. They are extremely clandestine.

9. As I grew older, my specialty went from the process of elimination puzzles to the interpretation and use of symbols and our Ludens language.

10. Every Ludens has a specialty. If you grew up in a Ludens family, your family has invested much time and money honing these skills. The specialty is not like singing or dancing, it is much more involved than those activities. It is usually not a physical specialty at all, rather a mental one.

11. Another component to this program was participation in an art program. Not the one at school. You were given a scholarship to an actual art museum in your area. Normally this was done over the summer, but sometimes it occurred during the school year. This was not a one year thing, but something that lasted many years and then ended abruptly.
At the art school, you practiced counterfeiting paintings. It was represented to you as practicing your technique. You would all paint a portion of a painting. The canvas was divided into squares and you were assigned a square. The purpose of this was to examine interpretation technique and skill in duplication. This was done in primary school with very young children. Subjects were pretested for their art skill in the gifted programs. The pretest had grid boxes with a key to what to draw in each box. I cannot find a proper example on the internet for these but they were common in newspapers long ago for the same reasons.

12. The teachers were instructed not to interfere with the students. Even when the teacher saw me creating difficulties, I was never stopped. They were told that changing the natural environment of play would taint the study results.

I do not know the actual results of the testing such as who was found and who was not.
alan LouBowski

User ID: 860790
United States
01/12/2010 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
my last little story,
i showed up at the high school counselors office for the 'you are about to go out into the world analysis thingee". it was my turn.
so i took the battery of tests, and it was compiled with the sum of my transcripts and put into some kind of primative computer... whatever.
so my counselor, gets my packet. he is seated facing me across his large desk.
he opens it, he looks down at it. he looks up, at me. he looks down. up.
he says ' this has never happened to me.'
the thing was totally blank. nothing. absolutely blank.
i can still see that confused and amazed look on his face.
i'm laughing just thinking about it.
i will so pone you
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2010 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone read this book?

Homo Ludens: A Study of the Play Element in Culture

Here is the table of contents:

TABLE OF CONTENTS
TRANSLATOR'S NOTE vii
FOREWORD ix
I NATURE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF PLAY AS A CULTURAL PHENOMENON 1
II THE PLAY-CONCEPT AS EXPRESSED IN LANGUAGE 28
III PLAY AND CONTEST AS CIVILIZING FUNCTIONS 46
IV PLAY AND LAW 76
V PLAY AND WAR 89
VI PLAYING AND KNOWING 105
VII PLAY AND POETRY 119
VIII THE ELEMENTS OF MYTHOPOIESIS 136
IX PLAY-FORMS IN PHILOSOPHY 146
X PLAY-FORMS IN ART 158
XI WESTERN CIVILIZATION 173
XII THE PLAY-ELEMENT IN CONTEMPORARY CIVILIZATION 195
INDEX 214

It was published in 1950.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 836491
United States
01/12/2010 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was in a program like this with one other child from my school. Outside people came in and performed IQ tests at the age of six. Were any of you encouraged to move up multiple grade levels? Did anyone else finish the regular grade school curriculum years early? By about 5th grade I made my own curriculum and actually could write myself a pass to leave my own class to go to other advanced classes of my choosing for the day (physics, art etc.)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 36898

I remember being told in 5th grade that I had completed the equivalent of 12th grade. After 6th grade I left the mgm program and continued to do well in school without any effort. However, once I was in high school I ended up completely bored and dropped out and got a job in the 10th grade. I've never completed my schooling and I've always held a good job and make more than most people do. Funny how it all worked out.
Hickory

User ID: 837690
United States
01/12/2010 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Were you ever removed, many times, from your regular class for "testing"?

Were you shown a series of high speed images on a television, not once, but many times?

Was the school psychologist selectively interested in you?
 Quoting: Jane Grey 862970

OP, I think you just woke up a whole bunch of people here.

Last Edited by Hickory on 01/12/2010 12:47 PM
You have one life. Live it.
You have one voice, use it.
You have one
:Hickory-1:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 798577
United States
01/12/2010 12:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Were you shown a series of high speed images on a television, not once, but many times?

I was in the 80's. It was called the TAG(talented and gifted) program. My teacher was pretty and a psychologist. There were maybe ten of us in this class. The curriculum was presented science and arts teachings. I remember we had to solve puzzles and complex problems. We were encouraged to read books well beyond our young years.

I can not remember much other then that. OP I'm with Nanuke, just what the hell is going on here? You know something spill it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 863109
United States
01/12/2010 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
This topic has seriously jarred my memory. I remember almost everthing mentioned here by others. The flashing of images, the puzzles, playing around with very early apple computers....etc. I hadn't really thought about until today but all of a sudden the memories are popping into my head.

The one thing I can't seem to remember is when it stopped. I know for sure I was in the GATE class starting in third grade and it seems like it continued for a few years. I was in advanced classes all the way through high school but not a seperate GATE class. In my mind it seems like a big blackout.

Does anyone else feel like they have a lot of "blank" memories when thinking about GATE?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 743646
United States
01/12/2010 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Colorado it was called different things.
Eastern slope it was simply, Gifted and talented
Western slope, Triple E. Extended, enrichment, education.
still blank, live or memorex?
User ID: 825664
United States
01/12/2010 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone else feel like they have a lot of "blank" memories when thinking about GATE?

I have a lot of blank memories thinking about anything back then....LOL
snakeman
User ID: 831901
United States
01/12/2010 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes it has woke us up and now you need to ALL GO and read H2 on E2 and H3 on E3.

Put the name in google and it will pull up the website and you can continue to wake up...

Do this brothers and sisters as the author is one of us.......

It will fill in many gaps for many of you as it did me...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 863094
United Kingdom
01/12/2010 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
'get over it basketcase'

I'm coming for you, Sweetie.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 862970

yes she is!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 656642
United States
01/12/2010 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, I think you just woke up a whole bunch of people here. hf

Quoting: Hickory

Ok to what? That we are part of the Ludens/fallen angels?

Seriously, I have been reading GLP for a while now and take much of it with a grain of salt (not discounting things, just not taking everything at face value); I don't think of myself as "special"; will admit that I have realized that I'm smarter than the average bear and respect my gut instincts about people and situations.

So what exactly is the point?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 764206
United States
01/12/2010 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, not in California, but another state.

I am now 40 years old. I was extensively tested around the 4th grade. Then in 5th grade all of the kids from the handful of elementary schools in town who were determined to be "gifted" (maybe 25 of us) were shipped off by bus to one particular school.

We attended classes in a portable building, and were treated like "weirdos" by the kids at the school we were taken to. I hated it.

The next year the school district got "gifted" programs at every elementary school, so we were all able to go back to our own schools that we had come from. We had to go to one particular teacher for classes each day. They were forever asking us stupid, sci-fi scenarios about how to design the future and make the world a better place. A bunch of real utpoian, atheistic, Communist crap.

Hope that helps.
Talking Owl

User ID: 625612
Colombia
01/12/2010 12:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
I remember it started in the early 1960's, in lower New England. After being put in a soundproof room with wires on my head, they told me I was "gifted" and sent me home where I told my friends; this did not go well, and the ostracizing began.

They assembled a large group of us and we went on a field trip to a nuclear bomb proof bunker owned by the bank. They said if a nuke went off right beside the shelter we would be OK. Maybe 50 or so other kids, who seemed rather normal to me.

The special school was after regular school, where we learned how to draw straight lines, and throw a ball into a bucket. The reading skills portion was designed to help us to understand what we had read. As we progressed the reading got more difficult.

When I was soon to graduate, I interviewed with somebody from the Navy, and after doing some tests that involved manipulating objects in my mind, said they wanted me to run a nuclear reactor.

School for me was difficult, no one school lasted for more than a year. Something would happen and I would be sent to another school. One school was torn down and is now a vacant lot. It was many years before I really felt ready to go to school, where I knew I was going to learn something.

Many more years of study was presented to me in fields of learning that were not necessarily traditional, and even many more years of digesting what I didn't realize I had learned. Then came September 19th, 2008 and it all came to fruition with a remedy to a runaway reaction at the LHC which I've determined were negligent and careless.
“Queen Sarah, save us from the Black Dog King!”
   - from the play, Dissocia
[link to tasaonline.org.au (secure)]

"Never be anyone's French poodle."
- Mr Hamilton
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2010 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, not in California, but another state.

I am now 40 years old. I was extensively tested around the 4th grade. Then in 5th grade all of the kids from the handful of elementary schools in town who were determined to be "gifted" (maybe 25 of us) were shipped off by bus to one particular school.

We attended classes in a portable building, and were treated like "weirdos" by the kids at the school we were taken to. I hated it.

The next year the school district got "gifted" programs at every elementary school, so we were all able to go back to our own schools that we had come from. We had to go to one particular teacher for classes each day. They were forever asking us stupid, sci-fi scenarios about how to design the future and make the world a better place. A bunch of real utpoian, atheistic, Communist crap.

Hope that helps.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 764206

Oh, and I forgot to add that I was taken to a "gifted" kids summer camp that summer. The minimum IQ requirement for attendance was 128.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 863094
United Kingdom
01/12/2010 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I remember it started in the early 1960's, in lower New England. After being put in a soundproof room with wires on my head, they told me I was "gifted" and sent me home where I told my friends; this did not go well, and the ostracizing began.

They assembled a large group of us and we went on a field trip to a nuclear bomb proof bunker owned by the bank. They said if a nuke went off right beside the shelter we would be OK. Maybe 50 or so other kids, who seemed rather normal to me.

The special school was after regular school, where we learned how to draw straight lines, and throw a ball into a bucket. The reading skills portion was designed to help us to understand what we had read. As we progressed the reading got more difficult.

When I was soon to graduate, I interviewed with somebody from the Navy, and after doing some tests that involved manipulating objects in my mind, said they wanted me to run a nuclear reactor.

School for me was difficult, no one school lasted for more than a year. Something would happen and I would be sent to another school. One school was torn down and is now a vacant lot. It was many years before I really felt ready to go to school, where I knew I was going to learn something.

Many more years of study was presented to me in fields of learning that were not necessarily traditional, and even many more years of digesting what I didn't realize I had learned. Then came September 19th, 2008 and it all came to fruition with a remedy to a runaway reaction at the LHC which I've determined were negligent and careless.
 Quoting: Talking Owl

would you like to come and see my puppies - sorry bunker - WTF!!!
Hickory

User ID: 837690
United States
01/12/2010 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Seriously, I have been reading GLP for a while now and take much of it with a grain of salt (not discounting things, just not taking everything at face value); I don't think of myself as "special"; will admit that I have realized that I'm smarter than the average bear and respect my gut instincts about people and situations.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 656642

All I am saying is that their are a lot of people remembering.
Thats all. peace
You have one life. Live it.
You have one voice, use it.
You have one
:Hickory-1:
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2010 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is another test that was common:

The Clue Exchange Program

Do you remember exchanging "clues" with other gifted programs in other states? Everyone in the program was told to think of a clue that would describe their state. It had to be a physical item because it was to be mailed to the other program. The clues were then judged by the group as to the order of difficulty. Starting with the most difficult clue, one clue was mailed periodically until the students on the other end figured out what state you were in.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 761652
United States
01/12/2010 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
i was in this in elementary school in nc in the mid-80's. it
continued as an "elective" in middle school. it seemed
like the teachers were more interested in the elementary
school version. i was sometimes nervous to go, even though
i got out of regular class for a while. i only remember
a few projects. one where we had to invent our own
country, with details on our customs, and how our country
made money and the government and all that. that was in fourth grade. one time we had to make a country's flag, but we were supposed to figure out how to make it exactly right, like every detail and measuring the correct space and all that. we also did little exercises where the instructor would ask us weird questions and we were supposed to answer and discuss our reasoning. i only remember that because i did not like it. whenever it was
my turn the teacher seemed to be kind of disturbed by
whatever i said, lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 709330
United States
01/12/2010 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
at first glance, i thought, what an interesting topic. but the more i read, i feel like something is not quite right about a large group of us ending up here, talking about this.i don't remember much. i wasn't a very happy child in general so maybe i blocked a lot, not sure. based on my age, i must have been part of the GATE program. i also remember being one of the only students being allowed to use our classroom computer on a daily basis. it was like an earned privilege. i remember scoring crazy high on some tests and all of the sudden my mother and grandparents treated me different. a lot more attention. there was talk of special schools but by the time i got to 7th grade i was basically an wannabe anarchist. fought everyone and everything. then of course they put me through the psychiatric route (prozac at age 14) and i have pretty much sucked at life since haha.

i went to college in my early 20s, put myself through, but of course, since i suck at life, made it just shy of my BA. my mom and brother are both crazy smart so i guess i never spent a lot time thinking about this stuff before. my mom and i are also intuitive, but all 3 of us have really struggled with the day to day dealings of life. i really hope more people add their stories to this thread.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Yes, we were bussed to schools outside of our own district.

We were a very small group of children, less than 10 in all. From the entire area.

we were bussed from far away and i lived right behind an elementary school i could have gone to. my neighbors never understood why we did that.
 Quoting: nanuke

Yes! Same here. I lived ACROSS THE STREET from my elementary school, but got bussed elsewhere for the 5th grade.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 826372
Slovenia
Report Abusive Post
diving into rhine stuff early as well.
and i've mentioned on here before i delved into zitchen danniken at an early age.

you are so funny.

what is this stuff?

zitchen danniken?

Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken. 6th grade for me Nanuke.

[link to www.mysteries-of-the-world.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 656642

i got a major deja-vu after watching first 10 seconds.. we are on to something guys..
my guess is that the illuminati were guiding us here, with some reason.. ordo ab chao any1?

since the dark ages, they existed to keep the humanity going on, even though it was drowning in dark ages, the things they were doing were dangerous, many of their members got killed by the catholic Church and by failed superstition.. they are simply ones who can see through the curtain of this worldy illusion, and they feel like it should be changed.. their way of doing it? this thread + launching all the zeitgeist etc movies, only by making people afraid of some "evil" entity, they start up their brains..

but they could stop putting fluoride everywhere, stop wars etc.. or maybe it's up to us to do that

or maybe everything is just random crap that's happening afro
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2010 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Books that were encouraged were: A Wrinkle in Time
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 863003

Yes! I remember this too. Read the whole series.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 582017
United States
01/12/2010 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

In the Cali school system till 73 than right into military.
NO
NO
NO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 798577
United States
01/12/2010 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

All I am saying is that their are a lot of people remembering.
Thats all. peace
 Quoting: Hickory

Yes indeed, again what is the reasoning? OP made this post for a purpose. Let us dig a bit further.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2010 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, I have to say, there is something on this thread that is really starting to disturb me.

I see a lot of posters talking about a LACK of memory.

I have always been bothered by my lack of memories from this part of my childhood, but I had always attributed it to my parents' divorce (which happened when I was eight).

Do you all think our particiation in this program has something to do with our lack of memories?

GLP