HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS

Rataplan
User ID: 7483041
Netherlands
12/27/2011 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS
Seriously, there are thousands of people dying evry day and you care so much about a single show that you are willing to rant about this stupid tv show for 40 pages.

For shame....
 Quoting: 3°Degree

neem het ook weer niet te serieus mijn vriend. ;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7678529
United States
12/27/2011 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can NOT believe that the HISTORY channel would show such a disgrace to our older generation. TO think for one minute this would somehow be cleared to air is appalling. To brag or somehow boast about an unsolicited visit to Leland's farm and the price paid versus the actual value should be illegal. If this would have been my granddad I would have felt robbed of my family heirloom and treasures. The History Channel should immediately cancel this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so looking forward to a new show that was really about hidden treasures in American not thievery we couldn't even finish the show.

These guys are scum bags !!!!! Nice job History Channel way to promote thieves . I would love to meet these guys face to face , and work a deal out with them. If you know what I mean ! And my parents always told me crime doesn't pay, unless you make a show for the History Channel .Way to teach kids its ok to steal from the older generation. History Channel you should make things right pay these people fair price for their stuff, and fire these dirt bags
 Quoting: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME** 868648

Do you know the difference between wholesale and retail? Go sell your car to a dealer, and then the next day go try to buy it back.
The money to drive up and down the highways has to come from somewhere, and it's the difference between the two prices. I think they make it plain that they are buying items to resell them at a higher price.
jerzgirl
User ID: 7812186
United States
12/27/2011 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have similar opinions about the disgusting industry of the self-storage companies--and NOW watching this disgrace and calling it "entertainment?" How many of you REALLY know the comings and goings of those storage places? If you knew...as I know from an absolutely insane experience working as a site manager for 3 months...you would not only make a comment on this thread...you would call your congressman! I was "lucky" enough to get the manager's job at the 600-unit self-store company in 2008(owned by a millionare who used it as both a fence and a tax-write-off) when the previous manager had a nervous breakdown and jumped off a bridge. (That should have been a red flag....sadly I did not know better being a naive Christian woman). There are theft rings going on in these places which cut off the locks and set up little "unregistered" units (or boggus names as the owners) when in fact they are like little "king Tut Tombs of treasures" which end up auctioned off by the dishonest owners and managers....sometimes they never do auction the stuff they just keep it and spread it among friends, etc! Seriously! The really good stuff RARELY gets into the hands of the people who show up for the auctioned--it is ALWAYS picked over BEFORE the pickers even get in there! (I saw this myself and found my co-manager had "gone to the dark side" to assist in this LEGAL THEFT!) I wish they would produce an under-cover TV show which shows various dishonest assholes like the guy I worked for getting caught in their "capitalist" scam. I hate these sick programs and I hope someday there is a true investigation FOR THE SAKE of MANY families ALREADY SUFFERING WHO LOSE THEIR LIFE'S POSSESSIONS! SHAME on History Channel! (Yes...I did alert the local police--yeah...they really listened.)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4578286

Which show are YOU talking about? Storage Wars, Storage Hunters or Auction Hunters? Because this thread isn't about any of them. And, none of them is on History channel, so maybe you ought to have your ducks in a row before you start shooting at them.wtfrant
JerZGirl
User ID: 7812186
United States
12/27/2011 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Recently, I'm TOTALLY disgusted with American Pickers. I did like it at first, but I'm sick of seeing two obviously gay men (though they try to hide it with a chavonistic attitude), verbally abusing Danielle/females (and finding it hilarious), taking advantage of people that don't know the true worth of what they have (at least Pawn Stars brings in experts for a price, IN FRONT of the sellers) and giggling like little girls (disgusting) the whole time!!! These men are TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!! History Channel has sank to new lows in the last 3 years!! There's NOTHING concerning this show that has to do with history!!! It should be called "American Thieves"!!!
 Quoting: dragontrouble9

Are you that afraid of even seeing a gay man that you imagine them where they're not? These guys aren't gay!!! They're good friends - one has been living with his girlfriend for over 10 years and the other dates regularly. Maybe if you'd go online and check things before putting your foot in your mouth, you'd know a thing or two. The world is full of all kinds of people and, believe me, your kind is one I try to avoid.
Another Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7824049
United States
12/27/2011 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is everyone's right to make a profit(capitalism). A deal is a deal. If you don't like it, turn the damn channel and shut the f*ck up!!
Baker
User ID: 7938387
United States
12/29/2011 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I met frank at a toy show in st Charles Illinois in october of this yr and let me tell you he is so full of himself. First he walks in acting like he knows and is better then all the other collectors in the room. Second I had my small young boys with me we are or should I say were true fans of there show. So my kids walk up to him and ask for a picture he turns to them and says no thanks if I take a pic with you I have to do it for everyone else. Can you believe the nerve of this fat homosexual midget to act as if he is some sort of superstar . I can't believe what balls this guy has it goes to show what money and a little fame does to people. Listen I loved the show thought it was great something on t.v. That doesn't promote sex and violence it was his personality that turned me away from the show. Thanks for reading a fan that turned because of franks big head.
fuck you
User ID: 8154715
United States
01/02/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is an amazing show so stop ur fucking bitching and dont watch it if you dont want to if they agree to the price its there chociie you ll ar just retarted and need to grow up its there items if they wantt to selll it its their choci so shut the hell up
BR-549

User ID: 8101764
United States
01/02/2012 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
These two idiots are the true definition of douche bags.
BR-549
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8161264
United States
01/02/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
lapis lazuli -- i freaking ADORE you! your responses to pathetic bitching and griping -- perfection. i love both american pickers & pawn stars. i would much rather see these items get restored to their original beauty & have people buy them that will respect them/showcase them/preserve them then have them rot away never to be found again. people seem to forget, it's a business - they need to make some money & every purchase is a risk. they have rent, gas, employee paychecks, food, etc ... i guess people don't think about things like that before they open their mouths. oh & by the way, do you see any frowns on the faces of the elderly agreeing to the purchases? no! having people come appreciate and pay them for the trinkets that they have cherished for so long probably means the world to them - i would assume well because people adoring my items means the world to me & i haven't owned them nearly as long as the people on the show.

positivity > negativity <3

p.s. soooo totally excited for pawn stars - night shift to start \o/
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8177095
United States
01/03/2012 03:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Having worked in baseball card shops and a comic/toy shop, and being a collector of all sorts of things, I can tell you that shows like American Pickers and the storage unit-type shows play VERY fast & loose with the values they attribute to many of the things they buy. The episodes i've seen of American Pickers always conclude with them showing what they paid for the item followed by what they HOPE to get or CLAIM to have gotten for the items. I may have missed episodes that show people actually buying anything. Regarding Pawn Stars, anyone old enough to conduct transactions with pawn shops should know that these types of businesses (is that spelled right?) are scavengers of human misery, and should be your last resort, used only in times of extreme desperation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8160606
Canada
01/03/2012 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think both History channel and A and E have both slid so low in their programming. Both used to show interesting and informative shows. We could actually learn from these shows. Now its all a pile of garbage and they don't really deserve the "history" title or the Arts designation anymore. Its crap.
Anon-Interpol
User ID: 8181157
United States
01/03/2012 05:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
You all appear to have been dropped on your head. If you morons think you could go around the country offering retail to these people, where are you going to profit? It's a business and you people seem to think money comes out of fucking trees. As for all the Canadians, your country has no morales to begin, its a giant cesspool. It's a show that you do not have to watch, yet alone whine about. So STFU before you find your IP's on the dark net/deep webs/TOR network....
Dch48
User ID: 8203817
United States
01/03/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
You have got to be kidding. There is nothing wrong with the show or the people involved in it. I have very often seen them give people more than they asked for things in the interest of being fair. They are putting money in people's pockets for things they no longer want or need and yes it is also good old American capitalism and there's nothing wrong with that either. They resurrect parts of our history that would otherwise be allowed to crumble away into dust and be lost forever. I say "Good job Mike and Frank, keep it up."
User ID: 8206291
United States
01/03/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are all absolute idiots. Most of the time they don't know the exact value of a saddle or other item until they have an expert in that field check it out. Also what kind of bs forum is this? Godlike productions??? Your all hipocritcal pieces of shit. Oh by the way it's 2012 and were still alive go fuck yourselves dumb asses.
Food guy
User ID: 4435465
United States
01/03/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
First of all I'm 73 years old and think American Pickers is great. Wherelse can I see items from my youth and older, without going to a museum? I must be watching a different show than most of you. I see two men buying stuff from people who get an agreed upon price and everybody walking away happy. The fact that they sell the items for a profit is no different than your local grocery store or restaurant bying wholesale and selling retail. Why that evil Goodwill
sells things they have gotten for free. If the people did not want to sell anything they only had to say no. Try to watch with an open mind and stop being "old".
No "Shame"
User ID: 3231505
United States
01/04/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
For all you dislikers of this show. Chill out. They are not stealing anything. These are legally binding contracts. If anyone does not want to sell anything they can say no. I have never seen an episode where they badgered someone into selling. Secondly, some of these people call them back to continue selling. If you don't like it don't watch it but to call them thieves is idiotic. I have seen an episode on both Pickers and Pawn Stars where they overpaid them for certain items which they obviously didn't know what they had.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8279755
United States
01/04/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
All I have to say is that everyone complaining about this are a bunch of morans. These people are running a business and they have to make money somehow.. its just like when you trade in your car. You never get full value for it because the dealer has to make money on it when they go to resell it. The quote is true..there are no stupid questions.. just stupid people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8321980
United States
01/05/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
LOL! Some of you people are really quite hilarious.

Apparently people roaming the countryside offering cash for other peoples belongings that are rotting away in the back yard is now a symbol of the downfall of Western civilization! LOL!

As for the other show on the history channel called "pawn stars" I like that one too. I find it very interesting when people bring in and what's worth a lot of money and what's worth almost no money. Plus you sometimes get a little mini history lesson in there.

Geez! You people will find just about anything to cry about and rally around and pronounce how it's the most evil thing in the history of the universe
 Quoting: lapis lazuli 847343
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6582563
United States
01/05/2012 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
the 'history' channel is retelling history on ACID they have been doing this for some time now...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 868857

I actually miss when they were the called the hitler channel. At least then they had actual documentaries and other good programs.
GlpBiGuy
United States
01/05/2012 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
by the way, are these two guys gay lovers?

Serious question
 Quoting: lapis lazuli 847343

Yes we are, I mean yes they are.......
GlpBiGuy
United States
01/05/2012 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seriously, there are thousands of people dying evry day and you care so much about a single show that you are willing to rant about this stupid tv show for 40 pages.

For shame....

I gave a family down on their luck(wife has term cancer) a grand too help them out last month....served over 500 meals to the needy and homeless over Thanksgiving & X-Mas....and other "Humanitarian" thing as of late......AND JUST WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7788628

I fought alongside Optimus Prime and the Autobots in the Battle of Autobot City back in 05! I saw dozens of my friends get slaughtered by the Decepticons. Add to the horror of seeing the dark god Unicron! So don't lecture me about horrors and morals!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/05/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

For shame....

neem het ook weer niet te serieus mijn vriend. ;-)
 Quoting: Rataplan 7483041

Pisang Ambon!
BlondeQT

User ID: 8269120
United States
01/05/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I first saw the title for the TV show when I was flipping channels .... I thought it meant Mexican fruit and veggie field pickers. lmao
This thread needs more cowbell!

:cowbellgif:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7853003
United States
01/05/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
When I first saw the title for the TV show when I was flipping channels .... I thought it meant Mexican fruit and veggie field pickers. lmao
 Quoting: BlondeQT

lolsign
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8496758
United States
01/08/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
they are like the two thieves from 101 Dalmatians: Horace and Jasper. One is tall skinny and one is short and fat.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8529571
United States
01/09/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's just a show.Why are you people getting so bent out of shape."For Shame" you have got to be kidding,if people are selling there old garbage,which I think it is so what,I don't even know why I am wasting my breath on totally stupid rants about what you think.Get a life or a job.Ray in New York
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8547480
United States
01/09/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
So when they bought those old carnival advertisements from the amusement park that had the flood for 700 bucks and sold them for 10,000. and then went back to give the guy 5000, they are immoral? Please, from what I have seen they are decent people trying to make a living. Yes they undervalue things when buying to try and make the max profit but that is how a business works. Movie theatres get a 20 pound bag of popcorn kernels for like 5 bucks and they make like 200 bags of popcorn from that and charge 8 bucks a pop thats more stealing than anything else.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8558200
United States
01/09/2012 07:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Agreed! That man was 88 years old and I felt they were invasive and insensitive. Why would History channel allow this.

Terrible.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 868665

Listen I liked these guys and i watched when they got a lot of money from some posters and gave the guy BACK some money but I recently watched one show where they found a dress form and it was a plus size form...WELL Mike said "oh she's HUGE." Well I gotta say...screw you Mike!! I am a small plus sized gal and I take offense to that. Me watch AGAIN? HELL NO!!
SICK1
User ID: 8574878
United States
01/10/2012 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
These two rotton fucks steal from people now they have two stores. G life must be hard driving around and fuckn people out of shit and family treasures in the name of saving them for mankind. Piss on these two little bitches.
apolloguy
User ID: 8611750
United States
01/10/2012 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why are they called American Pickers when they drive around this great country of ours in a foreign made van, heck it is not evened assembled in this country. They state they are from the heartland of America well the people of that part of the country have alot of problems with the farming industry, livestock issues, etc. but folks like myself who have been affected by the downturn in the auto industry do not need them driving around with that foreign piece of crap picking out our junk.

GLP