HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS

cinzmac
User ID: 11425774
United States
02/25/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS
Get over your selves. If you don't like the show, here's a thought, STOP WATCHING IT! It is AMERICA, you are entitled to your opinion. Do you not think that all the folks involved know what they are doing? They do! Perhaps you should watch something more your speed like, Swamp People, Have a Nice Day!
Bendro

User ID: 9306970
United States
02/25/2012 11:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
cool show
timeinabottle
User ID: 11512068
United States
02/26/2012 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did all the naysayers about the show know that Frank and Mike found an old Leland sign, paid good money for it, when back to Lelands house and gave it to him. For free!! These guys donate lots of items to the rightful resting place of many of their finds. I love this show and if you watched more of it you would realize the guys are decent people. The morals of this country are being changed by complainers, like many of the posts in this thread, not by guys like Mike and Frank.
ROLLASH
User ID: 11527086
United States
02/27/2012 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
SOME OF YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT OUR VERY EXISTANCE IS BASED ON BUYING AND SELLING GOODS AND SERVICES... BUY LOW AND SELL HIGHER IS HOW WE EXIST. IF THERE IS NO PROFIT IN A TRANSACTION THEN IT WON'T HAPPEN BECAUSE NEITHER PARTY WINS. IS IT WRONG FOR A TRADESMAN TO MAKE A PROFIT? IS IT WRONG FOR A BACK-AND-FORTH IN ESTABLISHING THE PRICE THAT SATISFYS BOTH PARTIES?

BY THE WAY, THE SUGGESTION ABOVE THAT BECAUSE SOMEONE IS 80 YEARS OLD THEY ARE SOMEHOW BOUND TO BE SENILE IS A CROCK! I'M 70 - AND I'LL TAKE ON VIRTUALLY ANYONE IN A DISCUSSION, DEBATE OR A GOOD HAGGLE OVER THE PRICE OF SOMETHING....
Mel
User ID: 11580008
United States
02/27/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great show nice guys clearly you missed the show when they came back and gave 5k to amusement park guy after they got more than they expected from art they bought
AmericanHero
User ID: 5983390
Canada
03/01/2012 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
You guys are idiot for claiming that these guys are nice guys and not cheats. If they were nice guys they wouldn't have given the guy only $5000 for his banners and kept $4300 in profit for themselves after they only made $700 off them. They guy must have watched that show afterwards and felt like a fool losing so much money to these crooks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11727238
United States
03/01/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
The show needs to be re-titled to read "2JEWS IN A VAN." It is down right disgracefull the way these two take advantage of people. They are nothing but blood sucking thieves Living off the fat of the land.rockon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11727238
United States
03/01/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
The show needs to be re-titled to read "2JEWS IN A VAN." It is down right disgracefull the way these two take advantage of Goys. They are nothing but blood sucking thieves Living off the fat of the land.rockon
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11727238
A
User ID: 5491762
United States
03/04/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, I went on the American Pickers site to check out cool stuff & I find this comment site. I have been watching both American Pickers & Pawn Stars for a couple years now. I have a MS in Art Ed. & if I had a 2nd career choice, it would have been as a History teacher. I find Mike & Frank very respectful to all the people they visit & purchase from. They even gave 5,000 back to that carnival guy, when they sold that huge circus banner for 10,000 dollars. As far as you people using the F - word to express yourself, shame on you. Yes freedom of speech is what sets us a side in America but express yourself with dignity. It's a business & if people want to sell they will & if they feel that the boys are low, they won't. But you all must agree, isn't it better to reuse the rust & forgotten, then to leave to decay and pollute!
Americanpickrrs.com
User ID: 5491762
United States
03/04/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, I went on the American Pickers site to check out cool stuff & I find this comment site. I have been watching both American Pickers & Pawn Stars for a couple years now. I have a MS in Art Ed. & if I had a 2nd career choice, it would have been as a History teacher. I find Mike & Frank very respectful to all the people they visit & purchase from. They even gave 5,000 back to that carnival guy, when they sold that huge circus banner for 10,000 dollars. As far as you people using the F - word to express yourself, shame on you. Yes freedom of speech is what sets us a side in America but express yourself with dignity. It's a business & if people want to sell they will & if they feel that the boys are low, they won't. But you all must agree, isn't it better to reuse the rust & forgotten, then to leave to decay and pollute!
PML
User ID: 1340573
United States
03/06/2012 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just met a guy who knows these 2 fools and has confirmed they are nothing but scheisters. And you know what, they don't sell any of that stuff, notice it is all sitting on the shelves in the background of their warehouse. History Channel is footing the bill for everything, even their un-American Mercedes van. Yet, they still rob people. They are a couple of phonies. Notice when they "free-style" they will walk into a house and a camera man is already in there filming them walk in. Could it be anymore deceiving? They are both complete morons who have no skill, no mechanical ability and they couldn't be any more fake. My husband has "picked" for years. These buffoons come along and make a tv show out of it. Wonderful. Stay out of Pennsylvania you jerks and stop ripping off old ladies whose husband's just passed away. Those unfortunate people could have an auction and get 85 times more than what those fools are offering. And if I hear the statement...."that is what we call breaking the ice" one more time, I'm gonna lose it. Mike is such a jerk who has no personality, a crooked nose (probably b/c someone punched him for being such an a$$)and lives for scamming people. If they ever showed up on my property, I would tell them to go directly to he11. Why can't the History channel show out-takes of people running them off their property? Oh wait, b/c it's probably all set up anyway. Liars. I can't even believe I watch the show b/c all I do is scream at the tv. I've seen them walk right by valuable stuff and they have no idea. They are 2 clueless weasels and that is what the show should be called. Who is the heck is even gonna buy anything from them knowing how little they spent on it? Oh, and Mike got negative feedback on ebay b/c he is an inconsiderate snake in the grass. So to he11 with these jokers, it is time they go away now, we've had enough.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1441808
United States
03/12/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
U must be at a pretty bad point in your own life to be so irate over a tv show.
DILKe

User ID: 2053427
United States
03/12/2012 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Stupidest thread ever.

lame
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3495193

Yes.

If those guys didn't buy that stuff it would just rot/get destroyed/thrown out when ever those old people die.
Marxism is the true enemy of our civilization.

What is Cultural Marxism:
[link to www.bitchute.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12385487
United States
03/12/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
THEY ARE BLOOD-SUCKING FREAKS!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8663437
United States
03/12/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
jihad
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1458777
United States
03/13/2012 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would just like to point out how a lot of people on here are accusing these guys of ripping people off, well no one was forced to sell. Also if you guys are complaining about this why are you not yelling at awl-mart for selling junk or ruining small towns????? Not only that I bet every person on this website has bought a pair of shoes that some asian kid was paid ten cents to make and we paid 50 bucks for it and were not screaming for good wages for the kid! I mean If you are in at a car dealership and you ask out much an audi is and shop manager says 500 bucks are you going to insist on paying him 30000 grand??? I doubt it. I bet you would take that deal!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8402474
United States
03/13/2012 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just met a guy who knows these 2 fools and has confirmed they are nothing but scheisters. And you know what, they don't sell any of that stuff, notice it is all sitting on the shelves in the background of their warehouse. History Channel is footing the bill for everything, even their un-American Mercedes van. Yet, they still rob people. They are a couple of phonies. Notice when they "free-style" they will walk into a house and a camera man is already in there filming them walk in. Could it be anymore deceiving? They are both complete morons who have no skill, no mechanical ability and they couldn't be any more fake. My husband has "picked" for years. These buffoons come along and make a tv show out of it. Wonderful. Stay out of Pennsylvania you jerks and stop ripping off old ladies whose husband's just passed away. Those unfortunate people could have an auction and get 85 times more than what those fools are offering. And if I hear the statement...."that is what we call breaking the ice" one more time, I'm gonna lose it. Mike is such a jerk who has no personality, a crooked nose (probably b/c someone punched him for being such an a$$)and lives for scamming people. If they ever showed up on my property, I would tell them to go directly to he11. Why can't the History channel show out-takes of people running them off their property? Oh wait, b/c it's probably all set up anyway. Liars. I can't even believe I watch the show b/c all I do is scream at the tv. I've seen them walk right by valuable stuff and they have no idea. They are 2 clueless weasels and that is what the show should be called. Who is the heck is even gonna buy anything from them knowing how little they spent on it? Oh, and Mike got negative feedback on ebay b/c he is an inconsiderate snake in the grass. So to he11 with these jokers, it is time they go away now, we've had enough.
 Quoting: PML 1340573

:dramaqueenz:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12427739
United States
03/13/2012 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. This form of government is only sustainable as long as the people remain moral.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12561909
Australia
03/15/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm from Australia, and cannot believe that the pickers are giving such low prices for these curiousities. In Australia you pau three times more for those objects, those old dudes should get agents and ship it to us in Oz, we lap that stuff up the rustier and tattier the better. You never see the pickers trying to buy stuff of a young gun they would never get away with it...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1285204
Australia
03/16/2012 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why is everybody worried about these guys having to make a profit, running a business and overheads ect.. They are celebrities now, they are probably more worried about what image to project in the promo's for the show. They would be swimming in it, the real business with the overheads is the show...
judared
User ID: 2537939
United States
03/17/2012 01:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Am. pickers deliver lots of history info. I am betting young people do not know what half of the things they find are. Most of those people know exactly what their junk is worth and what they ae willing to sell it for. Those of you who think Mike and Frank are "looking down on(sellers)..." well you all are the ones looking down and thinking these sellers do not know what their stuff is worth or what price seems fair to them. Many times Mike and Frank pay more than asked because they know an item is worth more and the seller is unaware of it's true value. Just because people are old. doesn't mean they are stuped. Nostalgia is important to some people and when they get older and are facing an end to their years of collecting, they want thier stuff to go to people who know what it is...not to kids and grandkids who have no reguard for thier lifetime of collecting and will simply dig a hole with a dozer and bury all that "old crap" to make the property visually attractive for the new buyer.
Those of us who were raised in rural America recognize and understand the things people collect and feel an affinity for.
Some of those old people are glad to sell stuff even at a lower than retail price just to have someone appreciate thier collecting efforts and some seem genuinely hungry just to visit with Mike and Frank....wonder how many of them have not seen the kids for ages because when the kids visit it always end up in a disagreement about what should be done with"the collection".
Love pickers! My dad would have lover to explain and discuss some of the oddities he had kept over the years.
Keep bringing those of us who like it more episodes of Pickers and those who do not like it can watch a different channel.
Mike
User ID: 9736219
United States
03/24/2012 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Honestly, I think its great what they're doing. Sure, they may accidentally rip someone off here and there, but a lot of the stuff on there, even THEY don't have any idea what its worth. Its great that they're finding all this old stuff thats so unique and showing it to the rest of the world. Older people that are willing to sell it so cheap obviously have either A. no attachment for it, or B. Don't want it. Shouldn't those items be circulated back into the market where people want them?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11274776
United States
03/24/2012 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just wish they would show more of the tattooed chick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10743044
United States
03/24/2012 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Honestly, I think its great what they're doing. Sure, they may accidentally rip someone off here and there, but a lot of the stuff on there, even THEY don't have any idea what its worth. Its great that they're finding all this old stuff thats so unique and showing it to the rest of the world. Older people that are willing to sell it so cheap obviously have either A. no attachment for it, or B. Don't want it. Shouldn't those items be circulated back into the market where people want them?
 Quoting: Mike 9736219

Well spoken!

My sentiments exactly.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13168178
United States
03/25/2012 01:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
i think youre being hard on the guys. they give away stuff to museums all the time. for free. the dinosaur bone. gave away. the leather license plate. gave away. the surf board. gave away. they arent thieves. this is real life. you have to make a living some how and for yall to sit here and try and put a cap on a legal way to make money is just ridiculous.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1351486
United States
03/25/2012 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
sheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheepsheep
Hov
User ID: 13143150
United States
04/10/2012 03:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
The huge caps in the subject line & the whole premise of this thread screams Troll/Flamer.
This thread should have never made it past the 1st page.
Interestingly when someone has something positive to say it is usually the only comment.

It always amazes me how many people react to stupid & inflammatory statements made by strangers on the internet.
It is like they somehow internalize it.
Meanwhile the Troll/Flamer is giggling & or soaking up all the attention.

There is no base to this thread worth even addressing.
richo
User ID: 4289071
Australia
04/23/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I watch this show and find it interesting at what people collect over the years and the memories they have of what they sell and how they came to obtain them,if you have Never sold anything at Pawn brokers they give you nothing for your stuff and make money i do not hear you screaming thief or shame on you,all you people just complain that you did not get your heirlooms, as usual money is ALL your interested in and you lost out.
I Hate History Channel Too
User ID: 14963578
Australia
04/24/2012 06:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I know the show is really phoney, but being a "picker" takes a lot of experience, lots of contacts, knowledge, skill and intuition. The old sign that is worth 5000 and was sold to them for 2000, the original owner in a way DID sell it for 5000 and the "picker" takes a cut for the use of his skills and time. The original owners don't have his skills, they can't sell it for 5000. If they put in a lot of time researching they probably could sell it for 5000, but that is a lot of time of stress and doing things they have never done before and might not be comfortable with. It's the way it works. It's just like how you can represent yourself in court to save the considerable lawyer fees, but you'd be crazy to do it. The picker represents a lifetime of experience. He's a bit of a tosser and I hate his face, but it's true. These people and their farms full of collectable trash simply can't do what the picker does.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7781943
United States
05/07/2012 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you don't like it then don't watch it. No one is forcing you to watch it. However, you watched it so take responsibility for yourself for watching it and stay out of everyone else's business. Shhhhhh no one cares what you think. If you don't like it thats to bad go to another country and live. FYI: nothing is perfectly fair. You are the problem with the world today trying to tell people how to run there business or how to live their lives. Stay out of people's lives cause apparently you are to emotional. Apparently it's not a bad show with 5 million viewers. Last but not least is this website godlike productions........ Ha ha ha ha good to see the Christians judging the world.... Who needs god to judge...... :)

GLP