HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS

sr71
User ID: 14391738
United States
05/07/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS
If you are going to ransack America ditch the Mercedes. Very distasteful. BTW all prepares are not nut cases that believe the poles are going to flip polarity and speak with “strange” accents. One of those “idiots” is an advanced amateur ham radio operator. Are you? Didn’t think so!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11134297
United States
05/09/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
These two covetous chosen people of G-d are walking stereotypes.

Wandering chosen people of G-d, moving about the countryside targeting the most vulnerable elderly goy, walking uninvited onto their property,
using guile and deceit to manipulate the elderly into selling them valuables at pennies on the dollar,

when the senile senior citizens resist, the short fat DEFENDER OF ISRAEL becomes aggressive with the old person and starts shouting at them that they wont "cooperate" with him (defrauding them, and DEFENDER OF ISRAELing them out of their possessions).

I really hate these two chosen people of G-d and the one benefit of this show is it presents a daily example of what chosen people of G-d will do when given the chance to DEFENDER OF ISRAEL others. Its not by some random chance that "to DEFENDER OF ISRAEL" is a longstanding euphemism for ripping off the vulnerable or defenceless.

!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11134297
United States
05/09/2012 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
i think youre being hard on the guys. they give away stuff to museums all the time. for free.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13168178

dude, are you gullible??
There are a LOT of people who hate these semites for ripping people off, and they need to be seen as 'good' instead of hook-nosed rip off artist scammers.

They dont ''give away'' a single shekel unless there is a TELEVISED CAMERA there to spam it at millions of people.

This is not 'charity', its a cheap way for a corrupt semite scammer ripping off others to fake up some positive publicity for them. As you show, it does work, because some people do not understand that this is a very cheap way for them to try to REHAB their image after bullying a senile senior into selling a one-of antique for 25 dollars.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1288728
United States
05/11/2012 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
if it was legal i would hang the little fat fuck( frank) and cheerfully shoot the tall homo( mike) . these two pieces of fuck need to be put in jail , along with the filthy whore named danielle she is a filthy cunt
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16182863
United States
05/16/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
people people come on all the people have to say is NO!!!! ITS NOT LIKE THEY ARE GIVING THEM $5 FOR A $1000 ITEM AND BESIDES THEY HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING!! DUH!!

wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1288728
United States
05/16/2012 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
these two pieces of fuck need balltied and shot
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4756877
United States
05/20/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
You guys slamming this show are complete fucktards.

First its a show that is mostly staged.

Also everyone of you needle dick cock suckers have NEVER said to anyone or store to not give you a deal. Stop being god damn morons or just go drink the shit under your kitchen sinks. Fuck.off really
Melinda
User ID: 16881064
United States
05/29/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
OH MY GOD!! Can't two best friends from the 8th grade have a show doing what they enjoy without being ridiculed for being gay? Mike has dated the same woman for years. Frank has a girl friend too. They are NOT gay. Even if they were...who cares? Both of them are buying antiques and selling them, keeping the old items from the past alive. They aren't out to rip people off. Didn't anyone ever see the show where they bought the items way under what they sold them for, and went back to the original owner and gave him $2000 of their profits? I wish people would just shut up and enjoy the show. That's a lot of people's problem. If there is no drama, they have to make some. Leave them and the show alone! If you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it. Stop the ridicule. PLEASE!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16938039
United States
05/30/2012 07:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
if the seller agrees to the price and is happy, i see nothing wrong, although I would truly hate to sell something worth a lot for a steal of a price.

To an 88 yr old guy who likely paid less than a dollar for something, to get $5 or more may seem like a great deal for him, and he is likely not savvy enough to use ebay.

The buyer is taking a risk as well.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 779573

You're an idiot.
By that logic, it's okay for you to trade a kid some candy for the gold necklace her grandmother gave her at her baptism.
If I knew an old person who was in posession of an item of great value but that person wasn't aware of the value of the item, I would let them know it's real value and if they desired, I would introduce them to a buyer.
You probably think it's okay to buy foreclosed properties at auction and profit at the expense of someone else's misfortune.
But then again, that's the beauty of the capitalist system, isn't it?
It's what America is all about. You can go into another country and take what you want and pay what you want and if they don't agree you just deny them access to the market, impose sanctions on them, and starve them into submission.
And stupid fucks like you are only too happy to share in the spoils.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 868885

if the seller agrees to the price and is happy, i see nothing wrong, although I would truly hate to sell something worth a lot for a steal of a price.

To an 88 yr old guy who likely paid less than a dollar for something, to get $5 or more may seem like a great deal for him, and he is likely not savvy enough to use ebay.

The buyer is taking a risk as well.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 779573

You're an idiot.
By that logic, it's okay for you to trade a kid some candy for the gold necklace her grandmother gave her at her baptism.
If I knew an old person who was in posession of an item of great value but that person wasn't aware of the value of the item, I would let them know it's real value and if they desired, I would introduce them to a buyer.
You probably think it's okay to buy foreclosed properties at auction and profit at the expense of someone else's misfortune.
But then again, that's the beauty of the capitalist system, isn't it?
It's what America is all about. You can go into another country and take what you want and pay what you want and if they don't agree you just deny them access to the market, impose sanctions on them, and starve them into submission.
And stupid fucks like you are only too happy to share in the spoils.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 868885
peter in sydney
User ID: 12830631
Australia
06/04/2012 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
are you all writing from cuba > someone drives around the country and makes a profit on something ,so what ]
what you don't know is half this crap they own forever , the antique and collectables market is deader than dead
most collectors now meet in a graveyard , no one is buying any more unless its nothing
these old fools should be glad they found a couple of suckers that still think its saleable ,
complete jealous losers who sit there welling up with hate , oh he made 5 dollars oh he has a girlfriend why cant i get one
well your dumb lazy, and ugly and your hair is receding and falling out at 29 already thats why
so next time one of these 2 makes 50 dollars profit why dont you shoot yourselves , its so much money
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1438107
United States
06/04/2012 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to youtu.be]

American Pickers rejected at gunpoint lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1359761
United States
06/04/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
holy shit these people dont have to sell anything u duche bags! go away
bosco3652
User ID: 17357452
United States
06/04/2012 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't understand what these unhappy people are talking about. The people on American Pickers are honorable and really don't cheat anybody. The don't steal anything. Every transaction is agreed upon by both parties. What's the difference between them and a car dealer? A car dealer will usually only offer an amount close to the wholesale value for a traded in car. Retail the seller may get an amount much greater. This is the business. No one has to agree to sell if the price does not meet their satisfaction. "COWARD" you sound as if you have made bad deals in the past. You have to do your homework. these people are business men and are doing nothing more than making a living. What is morally wrong is when so called Christian people try to defame others because they disagree with others practices. They always try to justify their actions by casting the first stone. If your slate is clean then you can throw stones if it is not then leave them alone. I for one really enjoy this programing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1211873
United States
06/04/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
these two pieces of fuck need balltied and shot
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1288728

ah! the mentalliy of white people!5a
canadian picker
User ID: 17578506
Canada
06/07/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
these people saying they are stealing needs to learn not all the things they buy they make money on they also pay to much for some items they are taking the risk they are not positive what it is really worth they ask a price its the same as taking stuff to a pawn shop pigchef
T yomomma
User ID: 18150372
United States
06/18/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
How about every time they bought something and lost money on the deal. They paid someone a crazy price and it was not worth the material it was printed on.
Vote yes to American Pickers
User ID: 9396103
United States
06/18/2012 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is a greatvshowand these pepolear not robbed. I have seen them give the people more than they were asking and even o back to the people's houses and give them more money because hey got more for the item than they thought hey would! You pepoleare dreaming! Go back to bed!
User ID: 16098786
United States
06/18/2012 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can NOT believe that the HISTORY channel would show such a disgrace to our older generation. TO think for one minute this would somehow be cleared to air is appalling. To brag or somehow boast about an unsolicited visit to Leland's farm and the price paid versus the actual value should be illegal. If this would have been my granddad I would have felt robbed of my family heirloom and treasures. The History Channel should immediately cancel this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so looking forward to a new show that was really about hidden treasures in American not thievery we couldn't even finish the show.

These guys are scum bags !!!!! Nice job History Channel way to promote thieves . I would love to meet these guys face to face , and work a deal out with them. If you know what I mean ! And my parents always told me crime doesn't pay, unless you make a show for the History Channel .Way to teach kids its ok to steal from the older generation. History Channel you should make things right pay these people fair price for their stuff, and fire these dirt bags
 Quoting: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME** 868648
(DITTO)siren2
natasha77

User ID: 2849470
United States
06/23/2012 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Scamming America, One Home At A Time!angryface
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 827436
United States
06/23/2012 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
You dumb fuckers know that they hardly ever sell the shit right away. Imagine the time it takes to catalog, store, and ship the stuff they buy from these pple.
Also just b/c it's appraised value is double doesn't mean that 1. It's really worth that, 2.it will sell for that. Most the time frank and mike just guess the price.

Fuck me, you pple think these guy go buy something, get in the car, drive 15 mins and sell it for double the value?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18980867
Switzerland
07/02/2012 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
U fools think that Hollywood is real? Now thats a telling sign. The hooknosers win again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18952592
United States
07/02/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can NOT believe that the HISTORY channel would show such a disgrace to our older generation. TO think for one minute this would somehow be cleared to air is appalling. To brag or somehow boast about an unsolicited visit to Leland's farm and the price paid versus the actual value should be illegal. If this would have been my granddad I would have felt robbed of my family heirloom and treasures. The History Channel should immediately cancel this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so looking forward to a new show that was really about hidden treasures in American not thievery we couldn't even finish the show.

These guys are scum bags !!!!! Nice job History Channel way to promote thieves . I would love to meet these guys face to face , and work a deal out with them. If you know what I mean ! And my parents always told me crime doesn't pay, unless you make a show for the History Channel .Way to teach kids its ok to steal from the older generation. History Channel you should make things right pay these people fair price for their stuff, and fire these dirt bags
 Quoting: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME** 868648

If someone sells an item for an agreed upon price, it is not "theft", even if the dimwit selling it is ignorant of the value. That's not the BUYERS fault.

And when the man objective of going to all the trouble of hunting down bargains is to MAKE MONEY, your expectations are ridiculous.
Andrew83
User ID: 19031395
United States
07/03/2012 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think they overpay for items. I was calculating gas costs and how much they must spend getting appraisals on items. They must be getting subsidized by History Channel to make money.

I bet before they were on TV they were offering less, and not being as nice to easy targets. If I were talking to someone who didn't know what they had I would give them more than they thought it was worth. I would never give more than 40% retail to someone who doesn't understand the value. Why would you?

These people have overhead like every business. Dani has a salary, the shops have mortages, the van has a payment, the van uses gas, and the van has insurance costs.

Not to mention Frank has to eat. lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19031395
United States
07/03/2012 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wish I knew wtf you were talking about
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 865377

I will give you $75 for that saddle ..... Then they get $5,000 for it......etc etc etc.....

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 529538

Ok, so you can blame the person who is intelligent enough to appraise something before selling it??? Why would you sell something valuable before knowing it's value? Do you sell your car before checking it's value? I hope not.

If a guy walks onto your property and asks if you are selling your truck, you tell the man "Yes I am." He is going to offer you less than someone you find that needs your car.

If you guys don't understand "supply and demand" either go on eBay or take a college Eco class (not at community college)
2be0rnot2be

User ID: 19030039
United States
07/03/2012 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
WE BUY JUNK

WE SELL ANTIQUES

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 764731

peace
101icu
CHL2T

User ID: 989605
United States
07/03/2012 01:46 AM

Report Abusive Post
What drives me crazy is that they compliment these fucking hoarders on their "collections"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13057160
United States
07/16/2012 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
You guys are dumb who think that the American Pickers are ripping people off. Have you seen some of these places? I mean come on!

All that stuff is just laying there in barns and warehouses just rotting and if they hadn't come along then they would not be seing any $$$ from it whatsoever. Most of the places they visit have been pre established with the owners that it is ok to come and look and bargain.

Besides, a lot of the places they go to have contacted them so stop being so mean!
 Quoting: stormyc1 1464889

LOL. People like this fool don't know what they're talking about. They are IGNORANT for not thinking they don't rip people off. They buy stuff very cheap off of ignorant people and sell the stuff they picked for high prices. There is something wrong with this fool's brain and I hope they go to a brain surgeon to have it fixed. Bye-bye!
Illuminatvs Primvs

User ID: 1455900
United States
07/16/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I used to enjoy History... then it turned into a bunch of assholes in pawn shops.
"13013"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19924779
United States
07/16/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
all of you are stupid
Jjenderny
User ID: 3921911
United States
07/27/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you guys are way off base. I feel like mike and frank really take time to connect with the people they meet. They share the same love of collecting things with the people they meet. It's a business ands they always explain that they are not paying retail..........if people want to go to the trouble of finding buyers for their "junk," then they do not need to sell it to mike or frank. It's a business. I love those guys

GLP