Matt5
User ID: 979795
United States
05/24/2010 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME***AMERICAN PICKERS
You all miss the point of, they say "this is our company we buy this stuff"

Anyone with half a brain KNOWS they are going to make money off what they buy. A compnays purpose is to MAKE MONEY.

Some guys sell nothing, others are happy to be rid of crap.

No one is holding a gun to anyone’s head, and bottom line I doubt most of these people care to go though the effort to value stuff, sell it, etc.

Shit like it's been said on pawn stars people are told by a expert... It's worth 10-20k... and the people are happy to sell for 5k. How are they being ripped off or stupid, no store, auctions cost money. It's a win win.

Hey when you buy food, the stores making money on you, and the producer, and the truckers, and the oil companies, gas stations… your getting f’ed by 10 different companies... maybe you should stop eating =)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 57108
United States
05/24/2010 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz--business partners in Iowa-based Antique Archaeology and friends since the 8th grade--are part sleuths, part antiques experts, and part cultural historians.

that should answer your questions on the morality of this program!!!!

5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 849758

2 jews
Sofia
User ID: 979868
United States
05/24/2010 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dude it's their fucking JOB! Would you like to not make any money where you work, this thread is just more proof that the Internet is just a playground for idiots to express their opinion to other idiots. Jesus really? Have you seen Pawn Stars It's the goddamn same thing their making money by buying it for less than it's worth.
mr picker
User ID: 981241
United States
05/25/2010 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
dont be fooled leland made out like a bandet,you forget leland bought these items for next to nothing a long time ago, so he's the one who's getting the best deal. check out his grin at the end of the show. ya he knows
dereistic

User ID: 846424
United Kingdom
05/25/2010 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seems like a lot of those people are eager to get rid of their stuff. Some aren't, and they don't bother them if they say "I don't want to sell this".
"And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention"
AmericanCrooks
User ID: 982022
United States
05/26/2010 05:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
You say this is fukin capitalism are you kidding me?

This is fukin absolute robbery

Hey 90 yr old great grandad that is senile beyond rational thinking will ya take 200 bucks for that Model T ya got rotting in your garage, okay sounds good

Price = $200
Valued = $50k
Profit = $48800

While were at it will u take 500 for your house?

Price = $500
Value = $1 mil
Profit = $999500

This was just a total jackpot guys, he had so many beautiful rooms and land with this house, I didnt want to look so excited but I had to buy this house, as soon as we drop this old man off at the homeless shelter we can put it on the market, days like today make it all worth it!
tiggerbbear
User ID: 987150
United States
05/30/2010 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
People are always mad when someone else gets a good deal or finds a way to make a buck! What do you want...value police? Before you buy or sell something the value police must come and put a price on it? Grow up! These are mostly win-win deals.
Adri
User ID: 988234
United States
05/31/2010 08:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
The people who post here are materialists.

Most of these people need the cash more that they need stuff.

And I find it insulting the way this thread was started.

Bloody Bastard who started this...

Any way, when I'm 88 and I'm on the way out I rather get all the cash I can for a decent burial. Who care about this junk, it's just material.

The person who started this thread is way to attached to the material things...

And that ties souls to the earth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 988234
United States
05/31/2010 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
You say this is fukin capitalism are you kidding me?

This is fukin absolute robbery

Hey 90 yr old great grandad that is senile beyond rational thinking will ya take 200 bucks for that Model T ya got rotting in your garage, okay sounds good

Price = $200
Valued = $50k
Profit = $48800

While were at it will u take 500 for your house?

Price = $500
Value = $1 mil
Profit = $999500

This was just a total jackpot guys, he had so many beautiful rooms and land with this house, I didnt want to look so excited but I had to buy this house, as soon as we drop this old man off at the homeless shelter we can put it on the market, days like today make it all worth it!
 Quoting: AmericanCrooks 982022

A bit over the top aren't we?
Joe Dirt?

tomato
gasbill

User ID: 990375
United States
06/02/2010 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
The main attraction of this show is to see what's in the barn, everyone is curious about that. However, the guys
who are portrayed in the show are neither savvy about the
value of the things they buy, or tactful about the way they
buy them. Why do you think the people they deal with always
either no-quote them or high end the price? Old folks may be slow in the supermarket, but they can smell an asshole
a mile away.
G.S.

I can NOT believe that the HISTORY channel would show such a disgrace to our older generation. TO think for one minute this would somehow be cleared to air is appalling. To brag or somehow boast about an unsolicited visit to Leland's farm and the price paid versus the actual value should be illegal. If this would have been my granddad I would have felt robbed of my family heirloom and treasures. The History Channel should immediately cancel this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so looking forward to a new show that was really about hidden treasures in American not thievery we couldn't even finish the show.

These guys are scum bags !!!!! Nice job History Channel way to promote thieves . I would love to meet these guys face to face , and work a deal out with them. If you know what I mean ! And my parents always told me crime doesn't pay, unless you make a show for the History Channel .Way to teach kids its ok to steal from the older generation. History Channel you should make things right pay these people fair price for their stuff, and fire these dirt bags
 Quoting: HISTORY CHANNEL****FOR SHAME** 868648

Last Edited by gasbill on 06/02/2010 05:46 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 995417
United States
06/07/2010 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Are you kidding me!!! What do you people this pawn shops, used car lots, and even people at a garage sale do. They buy expensive things at a low price and sell it for a profit. (And I'll bet you anything you guys have been to atleast one of those in you lifetime.) If they didn't how would they stay in business. I'm not a huge fan of the show but history channel is not taking them off the air anytime soon...and I'm glad!!!
cp
User ID: 995893
United States
06/07/2010 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok. The price they talk about is an estimated value 90% of the time. I just went to their garage yesterday and they were pricing things slightly above the price they bought it for. NOT for the estimated value on the show. Some things were even under the price they paid for it. This isnt some get rich quick bull shit, they work hard and have a great knowledge of what they do and get paid accordingly. Plus they are saving historical treasures from a rusty death. Get over it. Youre just jealous you didnt think of it first.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 994518
United States
06/07/2010 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry but if I had a piece of crap buried in my backyard for 20 years and someone offered me $100 bucks for it, I would take it. If he made $10,000, I wouldn't care. Calm down, it's just TV. Now Rachel Madcow (MSNBC) is another matter all together. Damn carpet muncher.
TOW (tired of whiners)
User ID: 998054
United States
06/09/2010 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Excuse me? Ya, I'm interested in that ________ you have there in your attic for thirty years collecting dust. Ya, thing you really don't give a shit about. YA, your grandmother's ___________________ that you are willing to trade for *cash*"

SO FUCKING WHAT...This is called BIZNESS you fukn whiny assed cry baby MF'ers...

Oh, now that someone rescued it from rotting away and turned a profit on it, NOW YOU FUKN care???

That's RICH...
 Quoting: odd*is*he
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2010 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely right! These people that cant enjoy anything unless its how they WANT it to be make me sick. They must really be disappointed on Christmas and Easter mornings, having waited for Santa and Bunny!! And PLEASE we've been OBAMAed to death, almost literally!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2010 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
The main attraction of this show is to see what's in the barn, everyone is curious about that. However, the guys
who are portrayed in the show are neither savvy about the
value of the things they buy, or tactful about the way they
buy them. Why do you think the people they deal with always
either no-quote them or high end the price? Old folks may be slow in the supermarket, but they can smell an asshole
a mile away.
G.S.

I can NOT believe that the HISTORY channel would show such a disgrace to our older generation. TO think for one minute this would somehow be cleared to air is appalling. To brag or somehow boast about an unsolicited visit to Leland's farm and the price paid versus the actual value should be illegal. If this would have been my granddad I would have felt robbed of my family heirloom and treasures. The History Channel should immediately cancel this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so looking forward to a new show that was really about hidden treasures in American not thievery we couldn't even finish the show.

These guys are scum bags !!!!! Nice job History Channel way to promote thieves . I would love to meet these guys face to face , and work a deal out with them. If you know what I mean ! And my parents always told me crime doesn't pay, unless you make a show for the History Channel .Way to teach kids its ok to steal from the older generation. History Channel you should make things right pay these people fair price for their stuff, and fire these dirt bags

Quoting: gasbill
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 957752
United States
06/09/2010 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
op, you sound like obama the communist. all participants were happy. leland got some cash, the pickers MIGHT make a profit.

there is risk in making money and last time i checked we're still a capitalist society (not for long i suspect).
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 508527

+1
Shaun1111

User ID: 989512
United States
06/09/2010 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
My first day in the History Channel forums, i got into an argument with a kid over war and how the rich ruled the world, etc, etc. They removed all of my posts. I never returned.
 Quoting: Thelanimilbus

hey at least you tried..

good karma bro:)
(^_*)
Shaun1111

User ID: 989512
United States
06/09/2010 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
honesty is the best policy:)

instead of trying to buy pricless stuff for cheap from old people and then making huge profits, i would let the older person know, hey this is worth a lot of money..i could help you sell it and maybe i can have some money too for helping you sell it?

how much money do you need in this world?

if more people shared this world would be a better place, imo

:)
(^_*)
HI
User ID: 1001608
United States
06/12/2010 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
American Pickers: Gay or Gayest show on television? Vote below.
HI
User ID: 1001608
United States
06/12/2010 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
American Pickers, Pawn Stars: Gayest or Most Gay shows on TV. Vote below.
Ingnorance is Bliss No More
User ID: 957644
United States
06/13/2010 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
My first day in the History Channel forums, i got into an argument with a kid over war and how the rich ruled the world, etc, etc. They removed all of my posts. I never returned.
 Quoting: Thelanimilbus

Who do you think OWNS the history channel?

General Electric is a true behemoth: the conglomerate is the world’s third largest company with market capitalization of nearly $370 billion and annual revenue of $173 billion (2007). The company produces practically everything – from aircraft engine to locomotives to medical devices.

GE’s media holding includes television networks NBC and Telemundo, 27 television stations in the United States and many cable TV networks, including the History Channel, A&E, and Sci Fi Channel. It also owns the popular web-based TV website Hulu.

Source: Who Owns What on Television?

[link to www.neatorama.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 994686
United States
06/13/2010 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Buy low, sell high. There is nothing wrong with that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 939950
United States
06/13/2010 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
actually it is a moral issue ...

perhaps they could use that profit instead ...

but we don't wanna think of anyone but ourselves right .. I know ..

we coulda walked away with XYZ and sold it to ABC ...for this and that .... oh my oh ym ...

prolly how rockerfeller sounds when he bangin his bf ...
criticalcelt
User ID: 1003497
United States
06/14/2010 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
you all need to get a grip, your all just jealous.. there are young people on there to, and mind you none of them are forced to do biz with these guy's. and you don't realize the show pay's also.. there is a lot of great american treasure's scattered all over this country hidden in some garage or barn, and i live in a place that has just that all over, and i go antiquing every week end its great, one man's trash is another man's treasure... don't forget that dumb A~~....
and for those of you complaining about pawn stars, remember its a pawn shop in L.V. when people walk in, they dont care what they have they care about money and need some, if they cared about there 300 year old deck bell they would have left it at home.... DUH !!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 910589
United States
06/14/2010 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

100% Agree. This show sucks!!
another idiot
User ID: 1004715
United States
06/15/2010 11:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
most of you are stupid morons. why do you think half of these junk collectors even bought the crap in the 1st place? To sell and make a profit.

The irony here is most of the stuff they are buying was actually real junk when it was 1st bought and now it's valuable all of a sudden.

go back into your houses and worry about being polite to every last moron on earth because you're scared you'll hurt their feelings.
Brooke
User ID: 1005824
United States
06/17/2010 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just read some of the threads here and I'm appalled! All the cussing and extra puctuation marks make you look like an ignorant degenerate. Obviously most of you have no idea how a business is run. They have overhead costs. For example their building, maintenance, upkeep, utilities, and taxes for that building. Also as business owner you have advertising, insurance, and accounting that all needs to be paid for. They also have to pay their assistant, etc. They are not ripping anyone off!! They are finding items that people like myself would love to have. If they hadn't found those items they would have sat in a barn/garage/feild until they had completely rotted away. And with that the owner makes ZERO and us collectors miss out on a great item! They really are doing a great service. Come on, how many times would you have a couple of guys knock on your door and offer to give you cash for junk you have just laying around anyways? Not very often! And most of the time elderly people are HAPPY just to tell their stories. Really people, if you don't know what you're talking about, then just keep your mouth SHUT!
not a moron like you
User ID: 1005944
United States
06/17/2010 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

YOU Are a true dumb ass they buy it to sell it !!!!!

i don't see your point they drive to the homes of junk collectors that want to sell they had their price

if it weren't for them they would not make a damn dime

wtf
not a moron like you
User ID: 1005944
United States
06/17/2010 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Other good stuff on like "Obama's America" very informative on how big a racists whites were, are and are going to be.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 845092

How inbred are you ?? poop

GLP