Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,306 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,276,521
Pageviews Today: 2,131,063Threads Today: 859Posts Today: 15,208
08:16 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

THE RETURN OF THE DESTROYER, NIBIRU, PLANET X, DRAGON, DARK STAR, BROWN DWARF, ECT...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 899054
Brazil
02/23/2010 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: THE RETURN OF THE DESTROYER, NIBIRU, PLANET X, DRAGON, DARK STAR, BROWN DWARF, ECT...
You "obviously" don't get it. You should have known that the only plasma is the solar wind and dusty plasma like the interstellar dust, yet now we have "clouds" or "bubbles" of high density plasma streaming into our solar system, ones normally kept away by the sun's magnetic field. We've known the heliosphere was shrinking being compressed for decades, in the past 3 years the cosmic rays density and flux has been rising, solar wind dropping and many other anomalies.

The rise in cosmic ray flux is not coming from the sun, that alone should be enough to start asking if not the sun, then what? Put aside all these stupid, irrational beliefs like planet X, look at the facts, see that something is happening and then put it all together... There are many lies, but there is only one truth; Reality, the universe.
 Quoting: Xenus

I was talking about what you call the interstellar dust, which quite obviously must have increased flux around the galactic plane, whether you like it or not.

The shrinking of the heliopause is caused by the decreased intensity of the solar activity, which when coinciding with the crossing of the galactic plane should have intensified effects.

These are facts not beliefs.
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
02/23/2010 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: THE RETURN OF THE DESTROYER, NIBIRU, PLANET X, DRAGON, DARK STAR, BROWN DWARF, ECT...
Consciousness is increasing, the more observatories we put in space, the more we see. I agree with you that the belief of PX is irrational. However, with the feverish search for whatever it is they are looking for, it certainly creates a buzz in the minds of the unrest!

Whether it be the search for deadly asteroids, or deadly gamma-rays, the space fever is only going to get worse. Knowledge can be dangerous.

The galactic plane (accretion disk) is a very crowded place, when compared to what we are used to. I could even go as far as to say that the Suns cycles are the result of unknown energy peaks, pulses from our galaxies black hole. As we reach the true center plane for the first time in 88 million years, the resonance is increased because there are more objects to reflect/amplify this energy. That includes more space rocks too!

The insanity of it all is that we can't actually do anything about it!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 880462

Yes, we don't know what PX is, but surely at the very least is not an usual cosmic object.

My point regarding the increased plasma "around" the galactic plane follow the line of your argument about this region being a "crowded place". It's crowded due to centrifugal force and *therefore* all type of massive objects, including interplanetary dust, should concentrate more in this region.
Unless there is a 3rd party force on action, which I believe there isn't.

I also believe for lack of more evidence, that the last Ice Ages have been caused by some force external to the solar system, possibly coming from the center of the Galaxy or not. For example if the interstellar plasma has an oscillatory density this could have an effect on Sun's activity. More so if the Electric model of the Sun is at least in part correct.

The long cycle of the Ice Ages is greatly puzzling.

You say that there are more objects to "reflect/amplify" some possible energy pulses from the center of the Galaxy, which is correct IMO, but on the other hand the crowding could also "deflect" and "dampen" this incoming flux and cause decreased solar activity and, consequently, the Ice Ages?

Just thinking...
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
02/23/2010 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
The alignment of the solar system with the galactic plane is a very inexact concept - it is difficult to say exactly when we enter the precise plane and we actually may be several million years from reaching this general point. 2012 is simply the end of our solar precession cycle.

This video makes an interesting tie-in regarding precession, the existance of a companion star (what some may loosely refer to as Planet X), and end of the current Mayan age. A bit after a minute into the video, you can see that "Planet X" and some of the other concepts regarding 2012 changes need not be mutually exclusive:

Quoting: CN

I don't understand why you say that the alignment with the galactic plane is and "inexact concept" by a "million years" margin, the recent post of Dr. Postman shows very *precise* definitions of what it means,

"...The Milky Way has no very clear boundaries, but is on average about 12 degrees wide in the sky, and the solstitial point takes about 12°/360°*26000 = about 900 years to cover such a distance.

The Milky Way has no clear central line either, so there is uncertainty about when the solstitial point crosses that central line. Different groups of people can each use reasonable definitions for the central line that yet deviate from one another. If we estimate (for example) that the uncertainty about the "best" central line of the Milky Way is half a degree (which is only a small fraction of the width of the Milky Way), then the corresponding uncertainty in the date at which the solstitial point crosses the central line is 0.5°/360°*26000 = about 36 years..."
 Quoting: Dr.Postman- Thread: THE RETURN OF THE DESTROYER, NIBIRU, PLANET X, DRAGON, DARK STAR, BROWN DWARF, ECT... (Page 72)

In fact there *is* an uncertainty but only of nearly 4 decades, not million years.

And thanks for the video.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 881350
Canada
02/24/2010 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Consciousness is increasing, the more observatories we put in space, the more we see. I agree with you that the belief of PX is irrational. However, with the feverish search for whatever it is they are looking for, it certainly creates a buzz in the minds of the unrest!

Whether it be the search for deadly asteroids, or deadly gamma-rays, the space fever is only going to get worse. Knowledge can be dangerous.

The galactic plane (accretion disk) is a very crowded place, when compared to what we are used to. I could even go as far as to say that the Suns cycles are the result of unknown energy peaks, pulses from our galaxies black hole. As we reach the true center plane for the first time in 88 million years, the resonance is increased because there are more objects to reflect/amplify this energy. That includes more space rocks too!

Yes, we don't know what PX is, but surely at the very least is not an usual cosmic object.

My point regarding the increased plasma "around" the galactic plane follow the line of your argument about this region being a "crowded place". It's crowded due to centrifugal force and *therefore* all type of massive objects, including interplanetary dust, should concentrate more in this region.
Unless there is a 3rd party force on action, which I believe there isn't.

I also believe for lack of more evidence, that the last Ice Ages have been caused by some force external to the solar system, possibly coming from the center of the Galaxy or not. For example if the interstellar plasma has an oscillatory density this could have an effect on Sun's activity. More so if the Electric model of the Sun is at least in part correct.

You say that there are more objects to "reflect/amplify" some possible energy pulses from the center of the Galaxy, which is correct IMO, but on the other hand the crowding could also "deflect" and "dampen" this incoming flux and cause decreased solar activity and, consequently, the Ice Ages?

Just thinking...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 899054

I have thought this too... You bring up a really good point!
CN

User ID: 869150
United States
02/24/2010 02:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't understand why you say that the alignment with the galactic plane is and "inexact concept" by a "million years" margin, the recent post of Dr. Postman shows very *precise* definitions of what it means,

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 899054

We were talking about two different things.

In the Dr. Postman post, he was explaining precession of the equinoxes or the Earth's wobble which does cycle every 26,000 years.

I was referring to the wave-like motion of the solar system "bobbing" up and down through the galactic plane. This takes millions of years and would be expected to bring a higher density of energy and objects in or near our solar system. With this event, an alignment with the galactic plane would not be precise.

Take a look at the two illustrations in the link and see if we're on the same page:

[link to the2012deception.net]

Last Edited by NascentLife on 02/24/2010 02:34 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 880462
Canada
02/24/2010 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
What does that have to do with the claim that we have never
witnessed the birth of a star?
 Quoting: DrPostman

You're just avoiding the reality of it all!...

You just felt the need to lecture me without really saying
anything.

Although you consider it as nothing, for others it may mean something, I said what was needed to be said!... Stop being a jerk!

Then be so good as to explain how we can witness the birth of
a star instantly from many light years away.

I never claimed we could instantly see the birth of a star from many light years away. I'm talking about REAL time, as in, the birth of a star within our own solar system...

What's more realistic; Time travel, or crashing probes carrying plutonium into Jupiter and Saturn?
Xenus 

User ID: 869756
Australia
02/24/2010 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
How much mass is it lacking to become a star then Dr. P? If mass is all it needs (which it isn't) then over time the comet impacts would add mass and create a star according to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 794008
Canada
02/24/2010 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
How much mass is it lacking to become a star then Dr. P? If mass is all it needs (which it isn't) then over time the comet impacts would add mass and create a star according to you.

Jupiter, which is already very damned big (3 or 4 Earths would
fit into the Great Red Spot) would need to be at least 60 times it's
current mass to have enough gravity to sustain a fusion reaction.
I don't think there are enough comets in the entire solar system
that can make Jupiter become that large so that it has the
gravity to compress the hydrogen into a self sustaining
reaction.

Here are a few links that go into more detail, including
an excellent link on why the claims about the Galileo probe
are wrong:
[link to www.badastronomy.com]
[link to www.scientificamerican.com]
[link to www.faqs.org]
[link to answers.yahoo.com]

Mr Postman

Don't be in denial, the end of the world as we know it is coming.

don't be afraid, just accept it

whether it is planet x, a comet, a pole shift, a sun flare and or earth changes

the old system can't sustain itself any longer, omega point soon

The prophecy is written
Xenus 

Australia
02/24/2010 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Jupiter, which is already very damned big (3 or 4 Earths would
fit into the Great Red Spot) would need to be at least 60 times it's
current mass to have enough gravity to sustain a fusion reaction.
I don't think there are enough comets in the entire solar system
that can make Jupiter become that large so that it has the
gravity to compress the hydrogen into a self sustaining
reaction.

Here are a few links that go into more detail, including
an excellent link on why the claims about the Galileo probe
are wrong:
[link to www.badastronomy.com]
[link to www.scientificamerican.com]
[link to www.faqs.org]
[link to answers.yahoo.com]

Sorry, but when was gravity part of the requirements for fusion? The national laser ignition facility in the US has created fusion reactions with lasers and hydrogen.

The world's largest and highest-energy laser, the National Ignition Facility (NIF), was dedicated on May 29, 2009. This summer NIF will begin experiments that will focus the energy of 192 giant laser beams on a BB-sized target filled with hydrogen fuel. NIF's goal is to fuse the hydrogen atoms' nuclei and produce net energy gain – the same fusion energy process that makes the stars shine and provides the life-giving energy of the sun.
[link to lasers.llnl.gov (secure)]

You're still clinging to outdated textbooks and conceptions of science...

All you need for fusion is energy and matter. Frankly you're talking out of your ass and have no understanding of anything regarding fusion or plasmas. You just proved that with your silly response. You use theories which are clearly wrong, text book information that is wrong and outdated and your knowledge is lacking and you seem to think you understand it all. Laughable. I bet you also believe black holes exist.

Last Edited by Xenus  on 02/24/2010 09:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 899927
Brazil
02/24/2010 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
We were talking about two different things.

In the Dr. Postman post, he was explaining precession of the equinoxes or the Earth's wobble which does cycle every 26,000 years.

I was referring to the wave-like motion of the solar system "bobbing" up and down through the galactic plane. This takes millions of years and would be expected to bring a higher density of energy and objects in or near our solar system. With this event, an alignment with the galactic plane would not be precise.

Take a look at the two illustrations in the link and see if we're on the same page:

[link to the2012deception.net]

Thanks for pointing out my mistake CN, I was lead to this by some non scientific information about the "galactic alignment" in 2012 where a figure like the following

[link to 2012hoax.wdfiles.com]

was part of the explanation of what was going to happen. But looks like the crossing happened some 3 million years ago, then we should be now getting away from the galactic plane not closer!

Thanks for the link and explanation.

I'd like to notice, in connection with my attempt to understand the Ice Ages, that 3 million years ago our planet Earth was much hotter than it is today, something like 5 degrees C above our present levels, see for example the following
[link to muller.lbl.gov]

or the entire article here,
[link to muller.lbl.gov]

Then, if we assume some connection between the passage across the galactic plane (GP) and an increasing warming of the solar system we could probably conclude that the more it got away from that plane the cooler it would be.

The 10-20 kyr of interglacials and 80-90 kyr of full glacial periods could perhaps be explained by some kind of oscillation in the interstellar plasma density that the solar system would encounter as it gets away from the GP.

Regarding 2012, my intuition still tells me that "something" very important is about to happen, but I agree that if we're going to speculate about it it's better to do so based on verifiable facts.

Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 895640
United States
02/25/2010 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is how insignificant we really are.

Xenus 

Australia
02/25/2010 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
All you need for fusion is energy and matter. Frankly you're talking out of your ass and have no understanding of anything regarding fusion or plasmas. You just proved that with your silly response. You use theories which are clearly wrong, text book information that is wrong and outdated and your knowledge is lacking and you seem to think you understand it all. Laughable. I bet you also believe black holes exist.

So all of science is wrong and they just need to put down
more than a century of physics and study from you?
wrotfl2

You really are dense. Science is not wrong, but your belief in science is. Why reply with a logical fallacy when you proved to everyone your severe lack of knowledge on the new discoveries and knowledge from science? If you knew anything at all, you'd know how many theories and text books have had to be re-written in order to keep up with our discoveries. Don't you read any of the articles you choose for the news on GLP? Missions like IBEX and THEMIS have shown how wrong our theories were in regards to the space around us alone. Why don't you actually try learning sometime instead of believing you know everything science has to offer, you're just as bad as the woo-woos you claim to dislike. Your ignorance is showing.
Xenus 

Australia
02/25/2010 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've already shown you how fusion works using lasers (EM radiation) and hydrogen (matter). This is not about the sun either way, I don't need to prove anything to you, I've already proven how little you really know about science. Go back to your beliefs, you're nothing more than another believer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 884939
United States
02/26/2010 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is all bullshit simply because a planet could not maintain the orbit necessary to be invisible for so long.

This is what happens when losers on their mom's internet connection start playing scientist.

The norway spiral heiroglyphs are also retarded. That WAS a missile. Something did happen to it and HAARP did go off simultaneously, what the correlation is is unknown.

Spirals are fun to draw. Not everything from the past is a cryptic doom message.

Go get some pussy guys. Especially you lucas.
Wake Up

User ID: 407421
United States
02/26/2010 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Wake Up

United States
02/26/2010 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
2 hour presentation I gave at Brave New Books in Austin.

Just covered the facts, packed the place, many more people came than I expected and everyone was very grateful. It was a 1000% success.

Here is part 1 of 13. Have at it...please, prove me wrong. I hope you can.

Quoting: LUCUS 822837

Lucas...I watched all 13 parts and IT WAS FASINATING!!! What an eye opener!! Thank you!!!!

hf
Wake Up

United States
02/26/2010 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
How soon???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 901495
United States
02/26/2010 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
How soon???
 Quoting: Wake Up

I was told one of the things to watch for as it gets closer was hurricanes occuring on land where they shouldn't be. This storm hit about 10 days later. Freaked me out.

[link to abcnews.go.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 901561
Brazil
02/26/2010 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just thinking...

I have thought this too... You bring up a really good point!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 881350

Thanks!
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
02/26/2010 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is how insignificant we really are.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 895640

this is nice, eh? hf
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
02/26/2010 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
How soon???
I was told one of the things to watch for as it gets closer was hurricanes occuring on land where they shouldn't be. This storm hit about 10 days later. Freaked me out.

[link to abcnews.go.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 901495

Yes, maybe "it" is starting now!!
Xenus 

Australia
02/26/2010 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've already shown you how fusion works using lasers (EM radiation) and hydrogen (matter). This is not about the sun either way, I don't need to prove anything to you, I've already proven how little you really know about science. Go back to your beliefs, you're nothing more than another believer.

Evasion noted.

Evasion of a straw man. You've evaded everything so far, you did not even bother to debate my points. You speak of theories when our observations have debunked those theories. How can astronomy which deals with visible light ever understand the universe in which visible light is only one section of the EM spectrum? One which was not fully discovered until the 1980s?

The sun is a plasma, everyone knows that, you'd have to be an idiot to deny such a simple fact now. I could show you many papers regarding the plasma in lab experiments and plasma in space, but you wouldn't even read them, much less understand them. You're so dense you cannot even see the connection between the fusion laser experiment and the sun. They are the same process. It doesn't matter what papers and information I present to you, you're either too stupid to understand it or not willing to put aside the wrong information you know and think is right because of your faith in it.

At the Sun's edge, in a region called the heliosphere, magnetic fields and electrical currents constantly align and twist themselves in massive 3-D structures called "magnetic flux ropes." These high-tension ropes are unstable and tend to kink and relax into helical configurations (through what theorists call the kink instability). Occasionally, a rope end—which was previously "tied" to the Sun's surface—breaks loose, ejecting electrically charged gas called plasma and producing solar flares that can wreak havoc with everything from satellites to electrical power grids.

Once observed only in places like the Sun's surface, flux ropes are now being created by Los Alamos scientists in the laboratory, making it possible to tie experimental data to prior theoretical analyses. As reported in the July 7, 2006, Physical Review Letters, a small plasma gun shoots plasma into a vacuum. The plasma then flows along an externally produced magnetic field to form plasma-current filaments, or flexible wires composed of plasma. These "mini flux ropes" are photographed and studied with probe measurements as they wind helically around an imaginary central axis (see photo sequence at left).

This close-up study can shed light on the effects of flux ropes in everything from the Earth's magnetosphere to the giant astrophysical jets and radio lobes associated with active galaxies throughout the universe. According to Los Alamos experimentalist Thomas Intrator, "The more we learn in the laboratory, the more we'll know about how solar flares are produced and how the energy locked up in magnetic fields affects the large-scale structure of the universe."
(see also [link to arxiv.org]
[link to www.lanl.gov]

These "flux ropes" are simply birkeland currents, as predicted by Christian Birkeland and Hannes Alfvén.

Hannes Alfvén, winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize in Physics,acknowledged as one of creative and intuitive intellect's of the 20th century, died peacefully Sunday evening, April 2, 1995 in Stockholm, Sweden. He was 86 years old.
In the world of specialized science, Alfvén was an enigma. Regarded as a heretic by many physicists, Alfvén made contributions to physics that are today being applied in the development of particle beam accelerators, controlled thermonuclear fusion, hypersonic flight, rocket propulsion, and the braking of reentering space vehicles. At the same time, applications of his research in space science include explanations of the Van Allen radiation belt, the reduction of the earth's magnetic field during magnetic storms, the magnetosphere (a protective plasma envelope surrounding the earth), the formation of comet tails, the formation of the solar system, the dynamics of plasmas in our galaxy, and the fundamental nature of the universe itself.
Alfvén was the first to predict (in 1963) the large scale filamentary structure of the universe, a discovery that confounded astrophysicists in 1991 and added to the woes of Big Bang cosmology. Hannes Alfvén has played a central role in the development of several modern fields of physics, including plasma physics, the physics of charged particle beams, and interplanetary and magnetospheric physics. He is also usually regarded as the father of the branch of plasma physics known as magnetohydrodynamics.

In addition, Alfvén's contributions to astrophysics have been as important as his contributions to physics. His postulation in 1937 of a galactic magnetic field forms the basis today for one of the fastest growing areas of research in astrophysics - Cosmic Magnetism. In 1950, together with his colleague N. Herlofson, Alfvén was the first to identify nonthermal radiation from astronomical sources as synchrotron radiation, which is produced by fast-moving electrons in the presence of magnetic fields. The recognition that the synchrotron mechanism of radiation is important in celestial objects has been one of the most fruitful developments in astrophysics, as nearly all the radiation recorded by radio telescopes derive from this mechanism.

In spite of these fundamental contributions to physics and astrophysics, Alfvén, who retired his posts of professor of electrical engineering at the University of California at San Diego and professor of plasma physics at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm in 1991, was still viewed as a heretic by many in those very fields. Alfvén's theories in astrophysics and plasma physics have usually gained acceptance only two or three decades after their publication. Characteristically and also concomitant with his 80th birthday in 1988, Alfvén was awarded the most prestigious prize of the American Geophysical Union, the Bowie medal, for his work three decades earlier on comets and plasmas in the solar system. Disputed for 30 years, many of his theories about the solar system were only vindicated as late as the 1980's through measurements of cometary and planetary magnetospheres by artificial satellites and space probes.
[link to public.lanl.gov]

When observations debunk a theory, the theory is wrong and no amount of fudging will fix it. Look at "mainstream" astronomy and astrophysics with their fantastical and nonsensical dark matter, dark energy and black holes. Only an insane mind would actually believe shit like that. Real science has no room for beliefs, only observations, thinking, reasoning and experimentation.

You're a coward "dr"postman. You'd never have the capability of being a DR of anything except BS and beliefs (which are the same thing really). Your debate "techniques" like the use of straw men and logical fallacies are a cowardly way of having a discussion. You might have *some* basic knowledge in science, but you lack any real understanding of science, that is clearly obvious. Perhaps you should goto the BAUT forums and start sucking Phil's dick, you'd be great at that. They're more your type of crowd, idiots who pretend to be smart and when they get caught out squirm and do everything possible to get out of the mess.

Last Edited by Xenus  on 02/26/2010 10:46 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 900446
United States
02/26/2010 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I said what was needed to be said!... Stop being a jerk!

chuckle
Xenus 

Australia
02/26/2010 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you begin to understand fluid dynamics, you will see how the plasma in our solar system and around us affects everything, from our weather to the weather in space and other planets. You will also see that the things we do on Earth, especially the wireless signals, a form of EM radiation, do have a major impact on our atmosphere, why did you think they are phasing out TV frequencies and replacing them with digital?

It is time people quit their insane beliefs, you know they do not match up with reality and our observations of reality/the universe. "Dr"Postman is no different to Nancy and the other believers in this world, they can't handle reality, they reject it in favour of something they can understand and feel secure with. Reality is that which is still there when you stop believing in your silly fantasies and delusions. You're so insane you can't even see how religion and faith have taken science over, how mainstream science is nothing but a grab for money and funding and lies and scams. The best example, in the beginning there was nothing and then it exploded, the big bang. Sounds more like a creation myth now doesn't it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 548017
United States
02/26/2010 11:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
You will also see that the things we do on Earth, especially the wireless signals, a form of EM radiation, do have a major impact on our atmosphere, why did you think they are phasing out TV frequencies and replacing them with digital?

I'm not following you on this. The digital TV signals are still UHF electromagnetic radiation, aren't they? And cellphone carriers and other companies bought up the rights to the old analog TV frequencies and are going to be using them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 534125
United States
02/26/2010 11:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

The alignment of the solar system with the galactic plane is a very inexact concept - it is difficult to say exactly when we enter the precise plane and we actually may be several million years from reaching this general point. 2012 is simply the end of our solar precession cycle.

This video makes an interesting tie-in regarding precession, the existance of a companion star (what some may loosely refer to as Planet X), and end of the current Mayan age. A bit after a minute into the video, you can see that "Planet X" and some of the other concepts regarding 2012 changes need not be mutually exclusive:

nice video,

I can see that idea clearly growing legs soon.
the fact that ancient cultures knew this and it has become hidden knowledge speaks volumes.
Xenus 

Australia
02/26/2010 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
You will also see that the things we do on Earth, especially the wireless signals, a form of EM radiation, do have a major impact on our atmosphere, why did you think they are phasing out TV frequencies and replacing them with digital?

I'm not following you on this. The digital TV signals are still UHF electromagnetic radiation, aren't they? And cellphone carriers and other companies bought up the rights to the old analog TV frequencies and are going to be using them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 548017

Background

Extending from the top of the middle atmosphere to some hundreds of kilometers into space is the Earth's upper atmosphere (Figure 1.2) and its embedded ionosphere. This tenuous layer of neutral and charged particles shields the human habitat from high energy solar radiation and particles, enables part of the extensive communication network on which society increasingly relies, and is the medium in which thousands of spacecraft now orbit. Unlike the relatively placid lower atmosphere, the upper atmosphere is a region of extreme spatial and temporal variability, constantly agitated by solar radiative and auroral forcings. Driving the processes that at any instant define the physical state of the upper atmosphere and ionosphere is the solar radiation at wavelengths less than about 180 nm. Many of the region's continually changing physical phenomena derive directly or indirectly from changes in this radiation and from the impact of energetic particles channeled into the upper atmosphere at high latitudes via the Earth's magnetic field.

While solar variability exerts a dominating influence on the Earth's upper atmosphere, any direct effect on the biosphere appears to be more subtle than that exerted by solar forcing of the middle and lower atmospheres. The fact that the highly variable upper atmosphere is coupled to the middle atmosphere through chemical, radiative, and dynamical
mechanisms, and to the troposphere through the global electric circuit, cannot be ignored. Understanding how the upper atmosphere varies naturally, and how it may be affected by human activities, is necessary from a societal and economic perspective because of the critical role played by the upper atmosphere in communications, navigation, national defense, and a wide assortment of space related endeavors, including the presence of humans in space. Furthermore, current modeling studies indicate that the upper atmosphere may itself be sensitive to global change caused by human activities.
[link to www.nap.edu]

All EM radiation within the universe transfers with it energy/information. We're playing with fire here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 548017
United States
02/27/2010 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
All EM radiation within the universe transfers with it energy/information. We're playing with fire here.

All right, let's take that as a given.

My question is what does this have to do with the changeover to digital TV? You seemed to be implying that it had to do with reducing electromagnetic radiation.

Is that not what you meant?

The digital signal is still a UHF signal, presumably on frequencies that weren't being used before, and the old frequencies are being allocated to use for other purposes so the changeover to digital TV isn't reducing electromagnetic radiation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 856028
Hong Kong
02/27/2010 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
When you begin to understand fluid dynamics, you will see how the plasma in our solar system and around us affects everything, from our weather to the weather in space and other planets. You will also see that the things we do on Earth, especially the wireless signals, a form of EM radiation, do have a major impact on our atmosphere, why did you think they are phasing out TV frequencies and replacing them with digital?

It is time people quit their insane beliefs, you know they do not match up with reality and our observations of reality/the universe. "Dr"Postman is no different to Nancy and the other believers in this world, they can't handle reality, they reject it in favour of something they can understand and feel secure with. Reality is that which is still there when you stop believing in your silly fantasies and delusions. You're so insane you can't even see how religion and faith have taken science over, how mainstream science is nothing but a grab for money and funding and lies and scams. The best example, in the beginning there was nothing and then it exploded, the big bang. Sounds more like a creation myth now doesn't it.

You might enjoy this interview, Xenus -

Suzan Mazur: You’ ve said "t is perhaps time for the Left once again to put science in perspective." That the Left criticizing the informed critics of science as participating in "anti-science" is a sign that the Left really needs to "return to the revolution". Would you comment further?

David Noble: What I mean there is, and this is what I outline in that article, the Left grows out of a critique of religion in the beginning of the 19th and end of the 18th century. And science was the substitute. They substituted science for religion.

Suzan Mazur: You also say those roots are intertwined with mysogynism.

David Noble: Ok. That’s another issue. Let’s keep it simple. The point here is that science became like God. But since WWII, in part because of Hiroshima and other events, other products of science, critique of science became a very serious matter. And the Left was very much involved in looking anew at looking at science as political. And scientists as human beings and as people with interests, etc. So they de-mythologized science.

It went by many different names. Social construction of science, whatever. For decades people were, and still in some quarters are, looking very critically at this whole enterprise. And then along comes this global warming campaign. And you have these people like George Monbiot and others acting as if there had never been any critical examination of science.

Al Gore – his whole theme is propaganda. A consensus of scientists. Well, when you have a consensus of scientists, that should set off alarms. That scientists shouldn’t be consensual. There should be all sorts of controversy in science.

Suzan Mazur: You’ve also got scientists in evolutionary biology who pound on the creationists because they don’t have fresh discoveries themselves. What they’re doing is making an industry out of bashing the creationists instead of improving the science. That’s what’s happening on the science blogs, where you get these virtual death squads opposing any science that veers from Darwin orthodoxy. Characters purporting to be atheist scientists who are actually violent Darwin religious cultists censoring the free flow of ideas. Making statements like, "I'm always happy to see a fellow hang himself."

That’s the peer review that’s now popular. It’s degenerated into a bloody massacre.

David Noble: Tribalism is rampant. The idea that people still hold is that science is this community of inquirers and that they review one another’s work has never been true. It’s always been mythical. . . .

The peer review thing, the reason why it works is because people’s careers are implicated in it. Anyone who wants to be promoted or get a job has to SUBMIT to this regime. I never did. But I’m the exception. And I come out of a different moment in time perhaps. There’s no way I could probably get a PhD today. There’s certainly no way I could have become an academic. No way. That’s what’s going on now. People might have concerns about this, but they have no choice but to SUBMIT.

That’s what they’re told. So those anonymous peer reviewers have absolute decisive power over people's professional lives.

Suzan Mazur: So you're saying that one way we can change this is to get the public onto the National Science Foundation and government science panels.

David Noble: Yes.
more at [link to www.counterpunch.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 902661
Brazil
02/27/2010 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
You really are dense. Science is not wrong, but your belief in science is. Why reply with a logical fallacy when you proved to everyone your severe lack of knowledge on the new discoveries and knowledge from science? If you knew anything at all, you'd know how many theories and text books have had to be re-written in order to keep up with our discoveries. Don't you read any of the articles you choose for the news on GLP? Missions like IBEX and THEMIS have shown how wrong our theories were in regards to the space around us alone. Why don't you actually try learning sometime instead of believing you know everything science has to offer, you're just as bad as the woo-woos you claim to dislike. Your ignorance is showing.
Then show me some scientific papers that prove that there is
a new model for how the Sun works.

Hey Doc, here is the theory of the Electric Sun

[link to www.electric-cosmos.org]

which is part of and entire "Electric Universe" cosmological theory. It's very interesting and innovative and proposes some unexpected consequences as for example that the Sun (any star) would not be very hot at its core and its activity would be related with interplanetary plasma, etc.

Although I don't agree with 100% of what they say, because they put down General Relativity too much IMO, the simplicity and straightforwardness of the explanations for so many known aspects of Solar behavior is really amazing.

Some heavy weight scientific names stand behind these ideas, and I found curious to say the least that these ideas are not being paid more attention by the mainstream Cosmology and Astrophysics.

GLP