Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Alice In Wonderland - IMAX 3D - Amazing - Anti TPTB
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Go see it, it's incredible.

Goofy Thum

Well it starts out in old fashioned England. Alice and her Mom in a carriage. At one point, Alice's Mom tells her she is not properly dressed, she doesn't have her corset on. Alice asks her Mom, "If proper were wearing a codfish on your head, would you do it?" I knew I was going to love the movie from that point on.

Basically the queen represents TPTB, but also represents the Queen of England, herself. She has a Castle full of slaves, and walks all over them all. Her knight, has a very reptilian like scale armor that is worth thinking about, if you're familiar with the reptilian legends. She is portrayed with a BIG head, literally. She's considered "the bloody red queen." She's pretty funny actually. "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" she never hesitates to shout. I remember one "off with his head!" victim was represnting whistle blowers who the government have taken out for taking the people's side. But she uses all of her slaves, until they eventually all stop listening to her. No one is happy but the Queen.

There are many lines throughout the movie that have TPTB meanings in between them.

At the end the Dragon is slayed. The dragon means so much more than a dragon.

Also, they make it a point to Alice, that this is Underland, not Wonderland. This metaphor is huge, to me. I won't influence your thoughts but that part stuck out to me. Remember Underland is where the queen has rule over her slaves, it's not Wonderland.

Also, what really stuck out is Alice's 6 things that she believed in that seemed to be impossible.

1. A drink that makes you smaller.

2. A cake that makes you grow.

3. Animals can talk.

4. A cat that can disappear.

5. There's a place called Wonderland.

6. She can slay the dragon.

The movie is incredible, the meaning and beauty is something no one should miss out on.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP