Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject COMETS and STUFF Heading Towards Sun Thread
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Title changed as this thread has covered several different object impacts to date.

When the last four in a row comets hit the sun they all had the same trajectory, I remember thinking that if NASA rotated the SOHO spacecraft just a couple of degrees that they could hide the approaching comets...is this what they are doing?

This comet is almost undetectable on the SOHO images.

Go to: [link to sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov]
Image type:Lasco c3

Display:Movie

Latest n Images: 80

(Leave other fields as they are)

Click search...you will see the approaching comet appear right along the bottom of occulter arm and then disappear behind it...I also included an image below where the comet is coming in to view on STEREO BEHIND Cor2.

[link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

cor2today

Yes...another comet headed towards sun today...this is at least the fifth comet in the past two weeks....get ready for a large CME.

comet325

INCOMING: This morning, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory recorded a halo CME emerging from the vicinity of sunspot 1054: movie. The cloud appears to be heading toward Earth and it could spark geomagnetic storms when it arrives on or about March 17th. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.
[link to www.spaceweather.com]

One comet hitting the sun = Fairly normal

Two comets one after another = Very rare but happens

Three comets one after the other = Unprecedented

Fourth comet traveling with the third = wtf

UPDATE:

Never, ever, ever let Spaceweather or NASA or even Astronut try to downplay the impact of a comet of this size and the effects it has on the sun...I noticed a CME today on the STEREO Behind COR2 which was ejected in the general direction of Earth...I then compiled a movie of the STEREO Ahead COR2 and sped it up...what I saw shocked me...this comet disappeared behind the occulting disc and then..several frames later.....BOOM......the sun emitted "something" that reminded me of an EMP pulse which emanated 360 degrees around the entire circumference of the sun...the outburst looked to be on angle from the ecliptic plane so maybe we will be spared this "pulse".

If anyone can tell me the best way to take these images and get the frame rate right with Windows movie maker...I'll be glad to stitch together a good u-tube video of this ejection.

Go to: [link to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov]

and enter the fields as shown below...load movie(takes a few)...speed it up...the comet will be approaching..then several missing frames...then you will see the tail disappearing behind the disc, a few frames later you will see the "wave" from the boom rushing out towards and below the camera. wtf

sterset

UPDATE: Third and fourth object now approaching...marked on image below.

twocom

Let the movie load...they will be near the end of the movie
Coming from the lower left and running parallel to the occulter arm. (Just to the left of the arm)

One small, fast moving comet followed directly by a another larger Comet?

As usual, there's 4 frames missing at moment of impact on C2 but it did cause a CME upon impact. (The first comet)

Second comet still approaching.

[link to lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil]

[link to lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP