Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Todays gun thread...reloading ammo
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Alrighty then,
I learned something yesterday that I didn't know...imagine that!!????!!!

Some pistols headspace off the bullet....like glocks and smith 1076's 10mm, etc...
That means the bullet setting depth is really important....and also, some of these guns(the above, and others) have a unsupported area (that is quite large) near the base of the brass....
I learned this when we blew the mag into pieces, and pistol grips off a S+W 1076 10 mm yesterday. Unknown internal damage. It looks like pieces are missing and shits bent up in the lower!!!

Can anyone say....duh??

You can tell by putting the bullet into the chamber and see if it goes ALL the way in and the rim of the brass is all that is showing....OR.... the bullet is all hung out there and not supported as you would hope it would be.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP