Users Online Now: 2,271 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,460,095
Pageviews Today: 2,109,887Threads Today: 584Posts Today: 11,464
05:07 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Nancy Lieder Math Challenged - PLEASE HELP!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I admit it, I don't speak math fluently or at all since high school (where I took algebra, geometry, trig, and calculus and got no less than a B in a college prep high school, but that was a LONG time ago).

I need to find the distance from Earth to an object. What is known is the size of the object, the Dark Twin. It is Earth sized. I occupies the same orbit as Earth, more or less, and came up behind Earth in early 2004 after Earth halted in her orbit. We have photos and naked eye observations in early 2004 when this was temporarily easily visible because the angle of sunlight was such that it bounced off the Dark Twin to the eye, on Earth. See this link for testimonials:
[link to www.zetatalk.com]

:DarkTwin20: :DarkTwin20:

What is known is that in this photo (color inverted) the Dark Twin appears 8 moon diameters in size. The Moon has a known distance from Earth (average) and has a known diameter (average or estimate).

:DarkTwinSi:

What is known is that this photo was taken on March 30, 2010 at 5:00 am from North Carolina, when an almost full Moon was in the sky.

:DarkTwinCo:

What I want it determine is the DISTANCE FROM EARTH, approximate, of this planetary body, as there are hints that it may come closer and ... will not collide, but ... drama will ensue. I spend hours poking around the web looking for a formula to plug in and find for X, and have finally given up. Please please help!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP