Users Online Now: 1,559 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 269,568
Pageviews Today: 463,762Threads Today: 227Posts Today: 3,210
05:31 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I think I have this Horizon disaster figured out...and it's NOT JUST a true blowout.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok after reading as much as possible from various sources...and after listening to this interview?...I think I have this figured out....

Ok so the rig crew was involved with their work of finishing off the well...drilling was long done...they had tested the Blow Out Preventer Stack and it passed.

They were in the process of filling the riser with seawater...or had...to displace the drill fluid out...so the tube heading up was full of seawater...

After testing the BOP stack, having it pass...they reopen the BOP which is really just giant complex shut off valve so they can finish...

At that time when they open it?....they get a huge blast of gas pressure...methane gas mostly. So this is not SO uncommon, but apparently this was a real BIG one....so what happens is as follows...

The gas pressure launches the water in the tube up to the rig...this fits with the mudinmyblood guy account which I find credible...the audio guy says the same thing....huge water gusher launches up.

So the rig crew deals as best they can with that and either it blew off the surface gear or they vented it and water blasts up...also rains down as Mr ATV describes...

So next comes the methane gas after the water is blasted out...it floods the rig with explosive gas....there are detectors that look for this...either that, or the rig crew knew it was coming and shut down the running main generators...went to battery power...gas is flooding out and they are either venting it off until the pressure subsides...or it's just doing that because whatever valves in the rig are blown off....but at that point?

The emergency generators kick on and BOOM...explosion...after that?...everything is a cluster fuck...the BOP never got the kill signal or could shut off...but the real core of this disaster?

THE EMERGENCY GENERATORS SHOULD NEVER HAVE COME ON....They are supposed to have gas detectors that prevent this, but they DID come on....

and THAT is what caused the explosion....

It fits with everything eyewitnesses say...the timing of events and everything that was going on at the time...

The ATV guys account:

[link to www.mudinmyblood.net]

Mark Levin interview with an oil rig guy who says he was there.

[link to www.marklevinshow.com]

Neither one connect the dots to each other or say the reason was the Emergency Gens kicking on when they should not have...the engineer guy says all the gear is supposed to be "sparkless"...but I will bet that focus is shifted to that generator system being the true cause and whether all parts were as they are supposed to be etc etc....

Makes sense to me now...although it still does NOT explain why the BOP did not slam closed like it was supposed to...or how the hell the Emergency system, did turn on...or why it detonated the gas....all these things WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE POSSIBLE....
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP