Users Online Now: 2,172 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,644,003
Pageviews Today: 2,270,975Threads Today: 563Posts Today: 10,305
05:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Jesus appeared to me in a dream....what does it mean?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've always been a skeptic of religion and have recently been studying the Christian faith, by recently I mean just the past few months. I read the Case for Christ by Lee Strobel (recommended by others on GLP) but I was not convinced by all his arguments.

A few days after finishing the book though, I had a very weird dream...

Jesus appeared to me as a cartoon. He was roughly 3 1/2 or 4 feet in height. He was caucasian looking, brown hair, brown eyes, brown beard, etc. Was wearing a white colored robe/skirt thingy with sandals. You could say it was a very stereotypical cartoon depiction, probably similar to how he's depicted in the TV show Family Guy or other cartoons.

A few nights before this event, I talked to myself, asking for proof of God/Jesus' existence.

When Jesus appeared to me in my dream, I saw him as he walked in my bedroom. He laid out his hand and pointed toward my bedroom floor. A circular hole opened up in the floor and white light poured out of it. The light was incredible, I felt an immediate sensation of being overwhelmed with emotional ecstasy, it felt extremely good.
The dream ended abruptly. This cartoon Jesus didn't say anything, he just looked at me, pointed toward the floor and opened up a hole of bright, intense light.

I would like to reiterate that this was just a dream, not a vision, hallucination, or anything like that.

This dream left me very perplexed, here's why:

1. I had no intention of becoming a Christian and was not expecting to receive any possible answer to my request. I had asked a few times before for evidence or an encounter with God/Jesus and received no response.

2. For me, proof would have to be a fully conscious experience with Jesus or some other divine manifestation of God. A dream doesn't count because dreams may be manipulated by one's own subconscious mind. Is it possible that I really wanted an experience with the divine and so therefore my subconscious mind gave me that experience?

3. If this dream was truly some sort of divine message to provide me proof of Jesus/God, then why was Jesus a cartoon? Jesus was an actual, historical person, right? Maybe my subconscious mind was just replaying an image of Jesus that I had previously seen in a TV cartoon?
Or maybe God has a weird sense of humor? Either way, this left me confused because cartoons are not real, they're fantasy, they're fake. Maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me that Jesus was fake by depicting him as a cartoon and not as a real human?

4. Lastly, the white, intense light in my dream did not seem fake at all. It felt incredible, like ecstasy. Maybe there is some kind of divine, heavenly, spiritual energy or realm that does exist?

5. Maybe my dream was influenced by endogenous DMT production in my pineal gland?

Either way, I can't really come up with a final conclusion on this dream, it was truly bizarre, a dream I will never forget.

What say you?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP