Users Online Now: 2,005 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 798,009
Pageviews Today: 1,045,295Threads Today: 262Posts Today: 3,772
08:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Holy Shit! LOOK at the Magnetosphere!! -- Literally.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm currently working on a gadget for the Windows Sidebar.

At this time, it's divided into two gadgets until I get all the functionality worked out. Once I get that done, I'm combining them into a single "Space Weather" gadget and "prettying it up".

Once I get it completed, I'd like to release it here first.

Mostly because I know there would be an active interest in the thing and I'd get a ton of beta testers.

I've already worked this out on both my rigs. One being XP Pro and the other Win7 Ultimate. So, I'm confident there won't be many issues ... but in any development, you never know.

Here are some screenshots of what I have so far:

[link to devnull-2.ath.cx]

This one monitors data from SOHO. The images are full motion and updated twice a day.

[link to devnull-2.ath.cx]

This one monitors NICT. The solar pressure on the magnetosphere in the main gadget and the dials update live every 10 minuntes. The quad pane in the flyout is the full motion video from NICT updated every 24 hours at midnight UTC and shows yesterday's activity.

Once I complete this I will release it here first (on this thread) for two reasons:

a) I love GLP and the people here (yes, even the "nutty ones. Maybe even *especially* the nutty ones :D )

b) I need a large group of beta testers before I put this on the Microsoft site.

For now, let me know if there's interest in this gadget.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP