Users Online Now: 1,318 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 396,065
Pageviews Today: 521,346Threads Today: 165Posts Today: 2,236
04:35 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Deep Water Horizon BP blowout and things we must come to terms with....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ok people...there are a few things we need to come to terms with regarding this ongoing disaster.....and they ain't pretty...but we really need to come to grips with a grim situation here....

First of all make no mistake, this blown out well is a very difficult problem...No, all the "Plans" like...how come we just don't sink a battle ship on it?....why not stick a Kevlar balloon in it?.,...hey dudes..all we gotta do is fire hemp into it!...it'll do it!....no...no they won't work, sorry....I wish they would work, but they won't... and all the really sincere intentions of "Why don't we just try it!" are not only going to fail again, they may very well make things worse...

We have watched the "outhouse"..the "tophat"...and the "Top Kill" with a junk shot cluster all fail...the heavy mud kill method is one of the tried and true techniques to kill an uncontrolled well...and we have watched it fail...I know this is before they announce that...but it has already failed...BP knows this...they just do not want to tell us yet...but the news will come...

I want to make this short....short for me anyway, lol...and shorter than my other massive thread because you all should be somewhat versed in the dynamics of this well situation by now...so with that said...what comes next...and what can WE do...

First and foremost?...we can raise our voices to STOP WHAT THEY HAVE COMING NEXT...and if you felt helpless up until now?...well...here is your chance to make a difference...

The next move is to saw the top of the bop off...actually the top of the LMRP behind the point we have all seen the riser bent/kinked over the last few days blasting out whatever flow of fluid there was at the time...mud...oil and gas...who the hell can really tell at any one time..,..even the people who are supposed to be in charge don't even know what is going on....typical..

What they will do is use a diamond wire saw to cut off the top where that bent over pipe is connected...by now you should be able to figure what will immediately happen...all the kinked pipe restrictions to that massive pressure behind it?...they will be gone...the well will virtually be a wide open gusher at that point....we can ponder the finer details within the replies to this, but simply and esentially?...that is what will happen...they will saw off most of everything that is holding this well back from gushing to it's full potential...

This of course is meant to be a very temporary condition...Oh we will move in Grommet fixor right away and we will live happily ever after...YAY!...just like cofferdam-out house.. top hat... top kill... junk shot...we were all supposed to live happily ever after once those most awesome contraptions were deployed too...didn't work out that way did it..

The difference with those failed fixes?....they didn't unleash or even increase the full fury of this well...however...this newest one will...they are running out of non-destructive cures...and in fact...have run out...

By now you can probably see where I am going...what will happen if this next "Plan"....what are we on now?....plan-J?....lost track...but, what will happen if and when this next plan fails? what will we be left with?....we will be left with a well that is completely blown out...gushing to near or at it's full potential which BP themselves estimated to be 162,000 BARRELS...Not "gallons", but barrels per day...that is 3 Exxon valdez' a week...it is a worst case scenario and do you trust BP engineering to be right about that HUGE number?....it could easily be much worse and even THEY will tell you that is an estimate....IMO it would likely be worse...maybe 200,000 barrels a day flooding out with nothing that can stop it...and then?...the relief wells which are the best chance to kill this well becomes MORE DIFFICULT to make work...what if takes 3 then?...we will be sucking 5x the oil for another 90 days from the time they find that out....and that is something we cannot live with...you think it is bad now???? LOL!!!!....I don't like to laugh at this, but what we have now?...it WOULD be a joke compared to a 4 or 5 fold increase...and that is a very real and reasonable potential compared to what we are getting slammed in the face with now....and right now?...it's pretty fuckin bad....

So we are faced with a decision...we are at a cross roads and what do we do?...well...what I will do is contact every representative and inform and try to convince as many people as I can that this next "Fix" cannot be allowed...

Look guys we all know more or less that our fuckin govt is useless...however one thing they CAN do is say no to this..and not allow it...they can get in the way...in fact?...they are pretty good at that and it might be the ONLY they actually do well...if enough people scream?...maybe our worthless "leader" will put a stop to this....because the next "oooh wow, well we didn't see THAT comin!...lol...hey now that one REALLY didn't work!, lol, deploy plan-Q! woot!"...is going to be worse news than most of us are prepared for...

We all know the system holding back the full out gusher is deteriorating....myself as well as many others said this would happen because it is impossible for it not to happen, you have seen it happening...it is happening...this cannot be denied...however after watching it?....I think we have the time to hold off...it'll maybe even be close to when the relief wells can make it....and if I'm wrong?...well ok fine....so do the Grommet sucker THEN...it will be the same situation...the riser will erode and fail...or they saw it off and the results are the same...so do plan-J after that happens, but if Plan-J fails like all the others?...at least we bought another month...or weeks at least...and the time we buy carries a two edged sword...because this Blow Out Preventer is not designed to handle a full rushing well...and it won't handle it for long...they didn't tell you that?...surpise surpise....

So I suggest we accept the devil we know rather than the devil we don't....yes we will have the same amount of poison spewing we have now, but we won't have 5 times as much overnight and if the next fail fails like all the rest?...we will be living with a 5x nightmare for who knows how long...and a 5x nightmare that is more difficult to fix...

So that's it...

Obama isn't going to make this call if we the people do not scream for them to stop...and we need to be armed with the facts to make sure that screaming hits the ball...face the facts guys he doesn't give a fuck and is going to use this disaster to move his own agenda and use it will be ALL he does...he won't do a thing to actually help unless it becomes a "popularity gain"...

Tell BP to stop, they are taking too big a risk, they have not had a success yet and this is too dangerous to trust them with. We all understand the well is leaking, but find another way that doesn't saw it wide fuckin open and turn a bad leak into a wide open gusher... please...because if you fail at this next "plan"?...we are the ones that have to live in it...and we have enough to deal with already...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP