Users Online Now: 1,248 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 369,837
Pageviews Today: 557,716Threads Today: 206Posts Today: 2,689
06:31 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject news of Andrew Koppel reminds us of Jesus' promise - say this prayer for the dying...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Personally, MO, we know Our Lord is outside of time, so if
you hear of a death...even, pray this prayer then.

+ + +

One of the best means of assisting the dying is the one that Jesus revealed to Saint Faustina and insisted that she use often - even continuously: The Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Jesus said: "My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you. It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of Me by saying the chaplet. …Write that when they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as the merciful Savior." (Diary, 1541).

Earlier, Our Lord said to her, "At the hour of their death, I defend as My own glory every soul that will say this chaplet; or when others say it for a dying person, the pardon is the same." (Diary, 811).

What if the person prays from a distance? Saint Faustina had a love for the sick and dying, and prayed for them with great fervor. The following experiences recorded in her Diary make it clear that one does not have to be at the bedside physically. She wrote, "It sometimes happens that the dying person is in the second or third building away, yet for the spirit, space does not exist. It sometimes happens that I know about a death occurring several hundred kilometers away. This has happened several times with regard to my family and relatives and also sisters in religion, and even souls whom I have not known during their lifetime." (Diary, 835).

"My daughter, help Me to save a certain dying sinner. Say the chaplet that I have taught you for him.' When I began to say the chaplet, I saw the man dying in the midst of terrible torment and struggle. His Guardian Angel was defending him, but he was, as it were, powerless against the enormity of the soul's misery. A multitude of devils was waiting for the soul. But while I was saying the chaplet, I saw Jesus just as He is depicted in the image. The rays which issued from Jesus' Heart enveloped the sick man, and the powers of darkness fled in panic. The sick man peacefully breathed his last. When I came to myself, I understood how very important the chaplet was for the dying. It appeases the anger of God." (Diary, 1565).

+ + +

If you don't have a rosary, use your fingers to count 10. The Chaplet takes about

10 minutes. There is a short final prayer repeated three times you can say at the end

of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, it's optional and not included in the instruction. I pray it, it is powerful:

To conclude the Chaplet say 3 times - Oh blood and water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a font of mercy for us, I trust in You.

Instruction on how to say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:

[link to www.ainglkiss.com]

hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP