Users Online Now: 1,473 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 410,943
Pageviews Today: 659,150Threads Today: 187Posts Today: 3,310
07:03 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WHOA!! BP - Footage of new plume from sea floor!!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Not sure what is going on here... BP Oil Spill footage from 6/5/10. The only leak is supposed to be on the top of the BOP where BP has the Top Cap. I had been watching the Rober 'BOA Deep C' all evening as it was on the sea floor and swimming in a cloud all evening. The description on the bottom of the screen said it was tasked with 'Dispersant Line Inspection'

Then, it came across a broken pipe and a crater. The camera on this Rover is not high quality -- but you can clearly see a large plume in the distance. After a minute, the task changed to 'Original Plume Location inspection.'

Shortly after -- the feed went dead... as of this writing it still sayd 'Oroginal Plume Location Inspection' but the screen is green!

I recorded this -- watch it unfold!

To clear up a major issue being raised on this thread. The depth of 1,512 is in METERS not FEET. Some Rovers report in feet - this one reports in METERS. 1,512 meters is 4,963 feet. I have attached another clip that clearly shows a broken pipe on the sea floor. Something happened at that location that caused a crater, broken pipes and a plume.

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP