Users Online Now: 2,281 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 962,819
Pageviews Today: 1,325,502Threads Today: 373Posts Today: 6,225
11:05 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Police shoot tame American Bulldog without reason.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message w...t..f.....

edit: If you are sensitive to such things don't watch.

[link to www.youtube.com]

LAGRANGE, Mo. (WGEM) -- The LaGrange Police Department is coming under fire from the community after a video posted on YouTube and Facebook.

The video shows a LaGrange police officer shooting and killing a mixed-breed pit bull. According to police reports, the dog acted aggressive toward officers and a young child. But the owner is telling a different story.

"She was a big dog, she was playful, she liked to jump around. But she's never acted aggressively toward anybody," says the dog's owner Marcus Mays.

Mary Coleman says the dog attacked her six-year-old daughter.

"I hear a big dog growling and I turn around and it was running towards us. I shut my daughter behind me and I started to yell and kick at it," Coleman said.

It was late March when Coleman and her daughter were waiting for the bus. A dog wrestled out of its leash and came running at Coleman's daughter. Coleman was able to fight off the dog and go back to her trailer to call police.

"It followed me down here and it started acting real calm again. I got the chain around it and fed it some dog food. That might have been the trick, feeding it dog food," Coleman said.

According to the video, the dog looks calm as officers put a collar around its neck and only gets agitated when police use an animal restraint pole.

"These are the people that are protecting the town and they can't even load a dog up into the vehicle? Don't have enough sense to put the pet taxi on the ground," Mays said.

Now that the dog is gone, both Mays and Coleman are left wondering if killing the dog was the right thing to do.

"I felt really bad, I really did. I was like I didn't want them to kill it, I just wanted to get it away from here," Coleman said.

"She came down here and in her last moments she was terrified trying to get away and this is the spot they shot her at," Mays said.

The La Grange Police Department says they cannot comment because the case is under investigation. Mays was cited for having a vicious animal. He pleaded not guilty and his case is expected to go to trail on June 17.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP