Users Online Now: 2,090 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,120,737
Pageviews Today: 1,516,346Threads Today: 393Posts Today: 6,204
12:16 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Better than “Dark Side” Talk in Star Wars III!!! Leading Christian Defends “Destruction of the Flesh” on GLP!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Greetings all!! This is Rock Reynolds comin’ to you folks in Internet Land!

I loved Star Wars III (opening night). By far, my favorite parts of the movie were the Chancellor’s efforts to seduce Anakin.

But I thought that Lucas held back on the Dark Side talk. The Dark Side talk was very compelling and totally believable, but it seemed to not lead Anakin far enough for Anakin to fall. Anakin seemed to fall too quickly.

I think that Lucas intentionally held back on the Dark Side talk. I’m not so sure that Lucas really wants us to be THAT familiar with the Dark Side. The real Dark Side is much more insidious than what is portrayed in Star Wars III (Still, an AWESOME movie!).

But not to worry…

Right here on this forum…

A leading Christian has filled in the gap left by Lucas!!!

Yes, folks!! 344, a leading Christian (At least I THINK he’s a leading Christian. He talks like he’s the Head Muther-Fucker What’s In Charge.), puts George Lucas to shame with his argument that “destruction of the flesh” is good. 344’s arguments BLOW AWAY any of the “Dark Side” talk in Star Wars III.

INTRODUCTION

1 Corinthians, Chapter 5, Verse 5, is the most evil passage in the history of mankind.

In this passage, Saul orders his followers to “destroy the flesh” of a man who had been fucking his step-mother.

In previous threads, on my challenge, 344 rose to the occasion, and defended Saul’s order to “destroy the flesh” of this man.

344’S ARGUMENT
A summary of 344’s argument is that the man repented, was forgiven, and was let back into the church. In other words, Saul’s instruction to order the “destruction of flesh” of this man, caused evil to stop.

CRITICAL MASS
Folks, this is where the “Dark Side” argument reaches critical mass. Do you accept 344’s EXCUSE, for Saul’s order to “destroy the flesh” of that man?

BACKGROUND

344 and I had engaged in discussions on previous threads, about “destruction of the flesh”.

I can’t find links to those old threads (I have copies of my stuff), but 344 and I have picked up this discussion again on my “Nobody Saw a Resurrected Jesus” Thread.

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
message.php?page=1&topic=3&message=
110690&mpage=1&showdate=
5/26/05&PHPSESSID=
5cf62131f43e25db08091118bafe231c

The following snippets were taken from the above thread, with date/time stamps included:

5/25/2005. 5:29 am EDT. In the following post, 344 claimed victory over me in his defense of “destruction of the flesh”.

You forgot, Rock ... I thoroughly demolished your misinterpretation of the I Cor. 5 account some time ago ... you slithered away from the thread and never returned.

5/25/2005. 1:41 pm EDT. I responded to 344, with a summary of what I thought were the major issues:

Here’s what I recall:

Yes, indeed, 344, we do agree on the issue that you enthusiastically jumped at the chance to defend your Satanic Master Saul, over my charge that his instruction to “destroy the flesh” of his church member, may be the most evil passage in the history of mankind.

I recall, 344, that, since you yourself were somewhat concerned that Saul’s sentence may have been a “little harsh” (understatement of the year), you did what any good Christian would do, you INCREASED THE CRIME of the man. So, instead of the man in 1 Corinthians, Ch 5, fucking his stepmother, you increased his crime to “fucking his mother”. God forbid, 344, that you should ever question your master Saul.

I recall, 344, that you used the standard two arguments that Christians use to respond to Rock Reynolds:
- Standard Christian Excuse #1: The words don’t mean what they say; and,
- Standard Christian Excuse #2: We Christians have “special knowledge” (What you call “Holy Spirit”) that allows us to ADD facts to the scripture.

I recall, 344, that you are a master of another standard Christian defense, circular reasoning. You throw out multiple EXCUSES, many of which conflict with EACH OTHER, and you jump from excuse to excuse as each one is shot down, eventually ending up on the first excuse, where the process starts all over again.

Thus, when you combine the standard excuses with the circular reasoning, you end up with your claims that:
- The man deserved “destruction of the flesh” (nice one, 344!).
- “Destruction of the flesh” didn’t really mean “destruction of the flesh”. “Destruction of the flesh” REALLY MEANT a modest rebuke (Wow!! Where do you Christians come up with these fairy tales?).
- The man repented and was allowed back into the church (a teensy-weensy “detail” that Saul forgot to include in his letters).

5/25/2005. 8:39 pm EDT. 344 returned to answer the challenge.

Hi, ole´ "Rock in The Cranium"!

Sorry friend, the man having sex with his father´s wife in the Corintian church DID repent, and was readmitted into fellowship at Paul´s urging. So there was no "destruction of the flesh." Shall I repost my answers from that thread to demonstrate your ignorance and bias? Your recollections of the post are tainted and innacurrate -- as are your reasoning powers, objectivity, and awareness of reality.

POINT OF CONCESSION, FOR ONE THREAD ONLY, BY ROCK REYNOLDS

344 has argued that the subject in question had been forgiven.

I have argued with 344, that there is no basis for his claim that the man repented.

But God spoke to me last night. God told me, “Rock, CONCEDE that point. It doesn’t make a fucking bit of difference, whether or not Saul’s evil instructions were carried out. Saul’s instructions remain as EVIL as ever.”

And I done saw the light, just as God explained it to me.

So, for the remainder of this thread only, I, Rock Reynolds, hereby CONCEDE to 344, that the man in question repented and was forgiven.

BUT THE CONCESSION DON’T CHANGE NUTHIN!

But I’ve got bad news for 344.

The fact that Saul’s evil edict was not carried out, doesn’t make a fucking bit of difference.

The edict is still evil. Saul’s remains as big of an asshole as ever for having issued this edict.

Furthermore, this “destruction of the flesh” passage provides so-called “Inspired” authority for the Inquisition and witch hunts, activities with which 344 would be well pleased.

SUMMARY

Don’t be fooled by 344’s argument that Saul’s “destruction of the flesh” order was good. 344 will argue:

“Hey everybody, look at the good results that came about as a result of Saul’s order? The man repented. The church forgave him. He was allowed back into the church. Evil came to an end. Everyone ended up happy.”

I can’t stop anybody for falling for 344’s argument, but I ain’t fallin’ for it. I consider 344’s defense of “destruction of the flesh” to be an abomination to God.

Forget George Lucas. 344 will provide the TRUE Dark Side message.

Rap wif ya’ later.

Rock
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP