Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Would the GOP Ever Nominate a Black Man for Prez? Meet Herman Cain
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.wnd.com]

He could be President Obama's worst nightmare – a business mastermind, a natural problem solver and a black man of "substance" who says he would "take the race card off the table" in a challenge against Obama as the GOP presidential candidate in 2012.

Has Obama met his match?

"We need a realistic candidate to run on the Republican ticket who can beat Barack Obama – not just beat the Democrats," Herman Cain, an Atlanta radio talk-show host, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza and 2004 Senate seeker, told WND. "We've also got to beat Barack Obama."

He added, "Obama is a master of rhetoric. He is a master of deceptive language. And any white candidate who runs against him will be up against the race card. I take the race card off the table."

Cain, a devout Christian, emphasized he is "prayerfully considering" a 2012 bid for the GOP nomination.

"I'm a man of faith, and I do believe in prayerful consideration of something this big," he explained.

In addition to serving as the former president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza for 10 years, Cain, 64, is also former president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association and former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. He's been vice president of Burger King, vice president of Pillsbury Company, a mathematician for the U.S. Department of the Navy and a business analyst for Coca-Cola. He has a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Morehouse College and a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University.

Read Herman Cain's latest: "They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It" – at the WND Superstore!

Cain is now president and CEO of The New Voice, a WND columnist, host of "The Herman Cain Show" and an associate Baptist minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta. He is author of several books, including "They Think You're Stupid."

If he can garner enough support – through contributions, volunteers and heartfelt prayer – Cain believes he may be the man to unseat Obama.

Nicknamed "The Hermanator," Cain has more than 17,000 fans of his Facebook page, 5,000 Twitter fans and 45,000 members in his Intelligent Thinkers Movement. He is urging supporters to sign up for his political action committee and help raise funds for conservative candidates for the 2010 election. He said support for that effort will help him gauge his backing for a 2012 bid.

"If I can get that kind of encouragement in trying to change Congress, it will be great encouragement in terms of possibly helping me make that decision as to whether or not I can do this," he said. "We're developing a ground game all over this country. We'll have a way to mobilize all of those people."

His supporters have launched a "Draft Herman Cain for President 2012" effort to develop teams of volunteers and build a grass-roots base for a presidential campaign.

"That's been growing like gangbusters," Cain said. "That's the sort of thing I'll be looking at in the next couple of months in making this decision."

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP