Users Online Now: 1,200 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 61,033
Pageviews Today: 108,030Threads Today: 63Posts Today: 973
01:54 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I HAVE TIME TRAVELED FROM THE YEAR 2040 to 2010, AND I'M STUCK HERE!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Born : April 27th 2010
Departed : August 8th 2040
Arrived : July 26th 2010

Let me introduce myself, My name is Jacob Time.

I have been enjoying the internet of this time. And enjoying this website. Thanks.

So far my participation has been limited, but now I will answer any of your questions that I can.

My mission-
It was a one way trip for me. I came with the vintage clothes on my back, a backpack full of medical supplies, food, and the currency of this time.
I brought approximately 18,200 American Dollars and several pieces of gold jewelry including a ring and dental crown my father once owned.
I can't go back, I wouldn't want to if I could. I was the guinea pig for a time travel experiment conducted in Boulder Colorado on Wednesday August 8th 2040 at about 10am MST.

How I got here-
I was chosen to be one of the first participants in an experiment dealing with time travel. In accordance with the terms and conditions of the experiment, I was prepped and introduced to the equipment over a 2 week introductory course. During my 2 weeks I witnessed any number of objects and live animals transported through spacetime with an efficiency close to 92%.
Meaning, as they would tell us, an 8 error rate. 8% of the objects transported through spacetime were disintegrated into a pile of mush that had a horrible burning odor attached to them.
The pet joke is that 8 percent "burn out"
They narrowed down our initial group to 3 prospects. We agreed to play one round of poker to determine who would go first. I lost to 3 of a kind and 2 pair respectively. So I got to be the lucky son-of-a-bitch who "volunteered" first. I was given a set of instructions to follow, but don't worry its not overly complicated.

Rule 1, I can't kill anybody.
Rule 2, I can't say or do anything that would result in someones death.
Rule 3, I can't prevent someone from dying who was supposed to die.

There is still a lot I can say without breaking the rules. And as far as I know, there is no way they can prevent me from doing it.
I am supposed to live out my life in this time, so I'll be around for a while.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP