Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Cobb Houses- tiny cabins and living off the grid
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A friend of mine has been working some land and excavating to get the materials needed for building whatever she desires :) I started looking into the idea of cob structures and was really surprised to find something I am just falling in love with.

I love the idea of creating personally creating a home ( it is said to be therapeutic in many cultures just working with the earth itself) and doing so just about anywhere. There is a lot to like about cob houses- from adding designs and built in shelves at nearly a whim to the "low-impact", little to no electricity and off grid possibilities. Some of the things I like would be the re-use of windows and doors that I can find treasure hunting ;)keeping price down and land fills happy and being able to add room as needed or time allowed. Another really great thing would be being able to build or mold living areas around already existing natural beauty ie: boulders inside used as furniture, old tree stump, etc.
enjoy :)

:cobh:
[link to www.lowimpactliving.com]

"My jaw dropped when I first watched this video tour of a beautiful owner-built green building construction project in Oregon. This particular green building is made entirely out of cob, a mixture of clay, sand, and straw.

Meka Bunch of Wolf Creek, Oregon built this stunning cob house over a four year period. Complete with hand-sculpted furniture, shelves and nooks built directly into the walls, arched windows, and a killer custom staircase, his cob building is a divine artistic achievement."

but it doesn't have to start this fancy :)

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP