Users Online Now: 1,356 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 389,134
Pageviews Today: 587,346Threads Today: 222Posts Today: 2,838
06:52 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject PIN: WARNING : SERRAPEPTASE DANGERS OF SELF MEDICATION WITH HERBAL REMEDIES
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I want to relay a genuine case to the wider public so if they consider taking this Herbal Drug they understand what the danger are before taking it.

History:

First of all my family are receptive to alternate medicines and we have taken alternate herbal remedies to help ease conditions where NORMAL medicines haven't been able to be taken, IE where allergies to steroids and antibiotics has prevented medication.

My father in Law is 89 he has always believed in self herbal medication and mind over matter.

He recently discovered serrapeptase, a supposed miracle product for a range of chronic and illnesses.

He had taken serrapeptase for three days prior to when we noticed he breathing had become very difficult and he had developed only a slight cough. He was admitted to hospital and it was discovered he had congenial heart failure and a build up of fluid around the heart and lungs. The doctors said he was very lucky to be alive as his blood pressure was 243/96.

Since I have done some more research on this "wonder" product and this is what I discovered:-

"Hirahara K, Saitoh T, Terada I, Uno K, Nagai A, Kioi S, Arakawa M.

A case of pneumonitis due to Serrapeptase was described. A 69-year-old man was treated with Serrapeptase for 16 days because of common cold, then fever, nonproductive cough and dyspnea developed and chest X-ray revealed diffuse fine granular shadows in bilateral lung fields. Once the administration of Serrapeptase was halted, symptoms, chest X-ray abnormalities and laboratory data improved markedly. The fraction of lymphocytes increased in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and OKT4/T8 decreased. Microscopic examination of transbronchial lung biopsy showed interstitial pneumonia. Both leukocyte migration inhibition test and sensitized hemagglutination test were positive for Serrapeptase. Based on these findings, we diagnosed this case as Serrapeptase-induced pneumonitis. PMID: 2693781 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

"Sasaki S, Kawanami R, Motizuki Y, Nakahara Y, Kawamura T, Tanaka A, Watanabe S.

Department of Internal Medicine, National Himeji Hospital, Hyogo, Japan.

An 84-year-old man was referred to our hospital because of fever, cough, and hemoptysis. The patient had acute respiratory failure (PaO2 < 40 mmHg) on admission, with diffuse interstitial infiltration and bilateral pleural effusion. The bronchoalveolar lavage fluid was bloody, and contained a high percentage of eosinophils (32%). A diagnosis of acute eosinophilic pneumonia was established, and the patient made a rapid recovery after corticosteroids were administered. When the DLST (drug lymphocyte stimulation test) was performed after the corticosteroid therapy was stopped, it was positive for serrapeptase, which had been prescribed for chronic cystitis for 3 months before the onset of the pneumonia. This was a case of drug (serrapeptase)-induced pneumonitis manifesting as acute eosinophilic pneumonia.

The lesson here is simple. If you are taking serrapeptase stop immediately.

It could save your life.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP