Users Online Now: 2,024 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,598,604
Pageviews Today: 2,331,213Threads Today: 628Posts Today: 13,057
06:58 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Quote from a past President: "I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens ..."
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I came across this very interesting quote while browsing quotes this morning!

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Prominent atheists and atheist groups have asserted that discrimination against atheists is illustrated by a statement allegedly said by George H. W. Bush during a public press conference during his campaign for the presidency in 1987.[25][52][53][54] When asked by atheistic journalist Robert Sherman about the equal citizenship and patriotism of American atheists, Sherman reports that Bush answered, "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." [25][54] The accuracy of the quote has been questioned, however, as Sherman did not tape the exchange and no other journalist reported on it.[25]

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP