Users Online Now: 2,418 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 940,353
Pageviews Today: 1,291,265Threads Today: 364Posts Today: 6,006
10:50 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject BBC Comet Cover UP!!!! programme edited to shut up scientist!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Originally discussed here, but warrants a separate investigation.

[link to godlikeproductions.com]

Posted by myself earlier today...

Now I live in the UK and was watching a programme on BBC1 this afternoon re the comet, it was pretty much geared towards an uninformed public but right towards the end the interviewer did ask one specific question to a female scientist over the telphone regarding the īburningī that was going on longer than anticipated, her response was very interesting, difficult to explain, but she sounded like she was being very very careful about her answer or she simply didnīt have clue, if you live in the UK it is being rescreened at 8pm tonight on BBC 2. I have a TV card in my other pc, might boot it up and see if I can catch the clip of that question and the scientistīs response and will post it up here as an avi file later for non UK residents to cast their eyes and ears over.

*Edited to amend the BBC channel*

Time Passes, I get the PC rigged up to record the AVI file for the glpers.

BUT.....

Re: Houston - we have a problem - Comet may explode

Well you have it here and you have it first!

Earlier I posted about a BBC programme in the UK that was on at lunchtime and I mentioned a worrying response by a female scientist the name Karen, not sure of surname, she was the one responsible for coordinating 100 observatories world wide over six years to home in on Deep Impact.

In my earlier message I mentioned that during the BBC program the interviewer Graham Cox for the Open University BBC telephoned Karen and asked her, what was her response to the rather long after glow of the deep impact (or words to that effect) and she said something like well we donīt really know it seems to be going deeper, she was really hesitant about answering him and seemed to be stunned by his forthrightness, she was Errring!

The program was repeated again on BBC2 at 8pm this evening GMT and I said I would boot up my pctv card and record her OBVIOUS erring and concern caught on tape during the live telephone conversation.

I sat with my finger on the record the whole way through the programme, which was meant to be a repeat of today, they EDITTED IT, her interview had been DROPPED!!!!, I AM NO WOO WOOEER.

I am telling you the truth as it happened.

Also during the programme they interviewed a british scientist and his words were and i quote as i wrote them down.

"brute force and ignorance, we donīt know!"

Well I am truly sorry they editted the program, it does make you wonder why, her inital response provoked suspicion in me, I am quite an astute person and listen avidly. I was determined to show it you.

But the BBC PTB, editted that entire section of the programme.

WHY

WHY! link to www.godlikeproductions.com] alt='wtf'>

then third post..

I was shocked, wish I had recorded the orignal version on at lunchtime now, not sure if you can contact Graham Cox, he works for BBC as part of the Open University, he seemed determined to get the answer

I really did not expect them to edit that, but then again, i was shocked at the initial response by the Karen person.... so... maybe you arenīt all woo wooing over NOTHING after all.

Just saying as I have seen it unfold.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP