Users Online Now: 1,742 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 794,995
Pageviews Today: 1,361,747Threads Today: 528Posts Today: 9,734
03:12 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject STATE OF EMERGENCY: forget any rights you thought you had.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After Trinity's post about the TSA, I started digging for information. A lot of this I knew already, but some was a bit surprising to me. A lot of this ties into the whole FEMA camp fiasco, as well as a number of constitutional abuses which have happened since Obama took office. The rabbit-hole is shallow, but unbelievably wide.

State of Emergency:

[link to georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov]

We are currently, in the US, under a State of Emergency which has continued unchecked since 9/11. This State of Emergency allows for more than just the provisions of the Patriot Act. See all of it here:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Important here is the following:

A federal emergency declaration allows the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to exercise its power to deal with emergency situations; federal assistance also becomes available to areas that are declared to be in a state of emergency. For FEMA, emergency declarations are different from the more common disaster declarations done for hurricanes and floods. Typically, a state of emergency empowers the executive to name coordinating officials to deal with the emergency and to override normal administrative processes regarding the passage of administrative rules.

This explains why their may very well be FEMA camps throughout the US (whether or not you believe in them, they can legally exist). Fusion centers exist as a result of provisions of the Patriot Act, which streamlined communication between the branches of the enforcement and intelligence communities. The Patriot Act exists only because of the continued state of emergency. It is unlikely that this condition will willingly end at any time in the near future.

The Congress has no power to end a State of Emergency. The closest that they have ever come was to limit all states of emergency to automatically end after two years. Beyond this, to end a state of emergency the President must willfuly decline to extend it. There is no constitutional provision to limit this power of the president.

(Edit: this paragraph is not entirely correct, and I note that here. As it turns out, Congress limited the power of the president in that he must declare the scope of any State of Emergency, in 1972. As well, a state of emergency may be terminated by a joint resolution of the House and Senate, although such action may be vetoed by the presidend. [link to www.law.cornell.edu] )

As the US is currently in a state of emergency, Habeus Corpus may be suspended at the will of the president. In order for this to occur, however (according to the Supreme Court) civilian courts must be suppressed. I'll go into more at a later post, but this alone should be enough to give you nightmares.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP