Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The apostle Paul didn't know Jesus walked the Earth
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message In fact, Paul specifically states that all the information he acquired about Christ came from revelations (divine visions), not from any man or human source.

Paul's Christ was purely a spirit, not a man:

Galatians 1:11-12 (NIV)
11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

This implies that Paul knew nothing of Jesus except by his own divine revelation from the spirit Christ. Paul doesn't really make any mention of Jesus having come to Earth as a man. The death and resurrection of Christ was a purely spiritual happening, not an Earthly one.

Quite a drastic departure from the gospels!
Also keep in mind that Paul's writings pre-date ALL of the gospels.

It seems apparent to me that the later gospel writers added a humanistic approach to this new spiritual religion, and with each successive gospel, more details were added to the human story of Jesus. But Christianity was from the very begging a purely spiritual religion that had nothing to do with a human man. The gospels changed all that by adding a human story to what was originally an intermediary spirit being who resided in a spiritual world.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP