Users Online Now: 2,371 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,062,196
Pageviews Today: 1,976,557Threads Today: 951Posts Today: 17,327
09:35 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 'We hate obese passengers and people with personal hygiene issues:' Now 'abused' TSA staff vent their anger (Awww poor TSA)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

'We hate obese passengers and people with personal hygiene issues:' Now 'abused' TSA staff vent their anger at patdown searches

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:03 PM on 23rd November 2010

Furious security staff have hit back at pat down searches in place across America, claiming that they hated dealing with obese travellers and those with personal hygiene problems.

There has already been a angry passenger backlash against the measures introduced by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

But after being contacted by a travel blog, 17 staff have also expressed their disgust after the policy was put in place last month.

The staff said that they hated having to carry out the body searches, with one claiming that it was worse for him than the passenger.

Staff have said that they also find the searches unpleasant

'It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man’s private parts, their butt, their inner thigh,' one told the BoardingArea blog.

'Even worse is having to try and feel inside the flab rolls of obese passengers and we seem to get a lot of obese passengers!'

Another said he had a huge problem dealing with a 'large number of passengers... daily that have a problem understanding what personal hygieneFur is.'

All the staff said that they had experienced a high level of personal abuse while carrying out the pat-downs.
'Being a TSO means often being verbally abused, you let the comments roll off and check the next person,' one said.

'However, when a woman refuses the scanner then comes to me and tells me that she feels like I am molesting her, that is beyond verbal abuse.

'I asked the woman if she thought I like touching other women all day and she told me that I probably did or I wouldn’t be with the TSA.

'I just want to tell these people that I feel disgusted feeling other peoples private parts, but I cannot because I am a professional.'

Rest at link:
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP