01:04 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
Subject Freaky! My Glass Shower door Shattered in the middle of the night
User Name
Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sleeping soundly we were awoken @ 3:30 a.m. by a strange crash coming from inside the house. Looking around did not see anything until I turned on the light in the master bathroom and saw that one of the shower doors shattered into a thousand pieces (tempered glass)

For the last few months there were popping sounds coming from the bathroom and I didn't think too much about it thought expansion or whatever.

i stepped on a sliver of glass and it seems to be still in my skin - can't find it or feel it. the mess of glass mostly is in the shower stall (no tub-had it taken out and put a walk in shower last year) it's gonna be a bitch to clean up but i'm just glad it didn't happen when i was taking a shower!!

the door seemed to just explode in the middle of the night.

i called the manufacturer and they are sending a whole replacement set and advised me to take out the in tact door in case that one breaks too. it is still making noises in there-the glass/door.

i was freaked out and couldn't sleep after that except drifting in and out thinking about what to do.

i have never experienced something so strange. i don;t know if the glass was defective or the installation was a factor.

i'm glad i am getting replacements at no charge that was an unexpected surprise.

it's been warm here -- @ 3:30 am it was not freezing not a big temp drop from the day.

anyway trippy
Pictures (click to insert)
 | Next Page >>

This Flag Represents The Principle, "Fight For What You Believe In."

This Is The Rebel Flag, "You're Either Free Or You're Not."