Users Online Now: 1,635 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 321,227
Pageviews Today: 547,979Threads Today: 265Posts Today: 3,726
06:32 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I HAVE A QUESTION I'VE BEEN AFRAID TO ASK!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [Others may have answered this question but please feel free to share your opinions on the following matter despite what other people have posted so far]

Please use this thread to ask questions that you have been afraid to ask, maybe you'll get the answers you want here?

Here is my original question for this thread:

I've been kind of afraid to ask this question on here. I've seen some threads popping up about Israel, or some by Israelis, and just once in a while a whole bunch of talk about Israel starts.

I've been afraid to ask this question because I've been worried about what people might think of me for asking.

I wanted to ask in those threads, but I was too concerned about people's opinions because I thought they might get nasty about it.

Some of you may have noticed in some of my posts I like to question things and I seem to believe that it is difficult if not impossible to know we know anything for certain.

So I wanted to ask this radical question. Please don't attack me for asking it, and please try to understand the idea behind it. (It may be a few questions actually)

What is the difference between a Jewish person and everyone else?

Please don't answer right away, let me ask in some other ways to make it more clear what I'm asking:

How are we not all Jews?

If some of us are Jews, and some of us are not Jews, what differentiates Jews from everyone else?

Can the people who are currently not Jews, be Jews?

Can the "Palestinians", the "Arabs", and any other people, be Jews too?

Was Adam a Jew?

What is a Jew?

The idea behind these questions is that people both for and against Israel and Jews seem to make them distinct from every other group of people on the planet. But what really makes them distinct from other people, if anything at all?

What if everyone was a Jew?

What if every single person on the Earth, despite their politics and ideas, was actually a Jew?

Is being a Jew a blood thing? Don't we all have human blood?

What if the people living in Israel, despite their ancestry and religion, are all Jews?

What if everyone in the whole world was a Jew currently?

I think I even lost what I was asking.

Basically, I wanted to ask, what is a Jew, and what if everyone was a Jew, then what would be the distinction?

Is this about genetics? Aren't we all part of the human race?

Is this about religion? Don't most religions believe in the same monotheistic God?

I wonder if anyone (including myself) even understands what I'm getting at.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP