Users Online Now: 2,506 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,333,595
Pageviews Today: 2,082,330Threads Today: 622Posts Today: 13,971
05:27 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCE "FOOD PHOBIA"?Please share!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I think..I'm at the brink of developing Food Phobia.

The trigger was, during a lunch meeting 2 years ago, I had a hearty meal and shared dessert with a friend. The portions were huge and I was so full and feeling suffocated, hard to breathe.

It was so frightening and I always remember that moment. I had to loosen up my belt to be able to breathe better. The lesson I learned is to eat small portions. No more big portions for me.

I also read that when we eat a big meal, the body has to work hard during digestion, thus sending the oxygen and blood to the digestion (stomach). This is causing our brains to lack oxygen and feel sleepy overall. The sleepy feeling is frightening to me.

Lately, I heard stories from friends and acquintances who develop gout and one woman almost get a stroke after indulging lobsters on a buffet. She was still 27 years old. She finished her 4th plate of lobster and suddenly feel light headed and unable to focus.

I admit that food has nice taste, but too much of food become toxic and life threatening.
Yesterday I cancelled a restaurant reservation because the portions are so big and the thought of looking at the food on my table gives me the chills. I opt for a small bowl of salad instead.

Anyone experience similar condition? My partner told me that this is mental. That this is an unnecessary phobia. But, I don't want the suffocation and whenever I remember the 27 year old woman almost getting a stroke after her seafood, I cringe at the thought of food.

All I do now is eat small portions of food. I avoid sweets and high cholesterol foods also. I also limit carbs. I just want to be healthy.

Is there anyone on GLP that also experience the same condition? Please share your story and views.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News