Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject MOVIE! INCEPTION: SUICIDE CAMPAIGN, MENTAL ATTACKS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [Please feel free to comment despite the page count or how far the discussion has gone]

I apologize if these notes are confusing. I just saw the movie Inception and noticed there was an intensely strong push in the movie to convince people to kill themselves. I know you might not have noticed or agree. I apologize if this article seems too forward, I hope you find it interesting at least!

Inception is said to mean "planting a simple yet pervasive idea in someones head that becomes unstoppable" in the movies terminology. But the actual word means: beginning; start; commencement or the act of graduating. the beginning, as of a project or undertaking. from inceptus, pp. of incipere "begin, take in hand," from in- "in, on" + cipere comb. form of capere "take, seize".

The motivation of this movie seems to be to "inspire" the idea of suicide in people without them being able to "Trace the genesis of the idea" to the movie.

Attack 1: "We are actually asleep" "Killing him would just wake him up" "But Pain, Pain is in the Mind" *Then DiCaprio shoots Gordon Levitt in the forehead "mind" and kills his friend to wake him up.

Buddhist statue falls while doing mudra which is the same looking as the horned hand satan symbol. In Buddhism this mudra is used to "control demons", which is the same purpose as the horned hand, otherwise to show affiliation with the occult and demonism.

Attack 2: "Which means I'm still dreaming" Violence and noticing strange or different details indicates you're still dreaming however realistic.

Attack 3: You can be manipulated without a trace but might be suspicious of such a thing, and you would be right, Saito notices no mark on his wrist but smiles realizing his dream was a manipulation. The repeated idea that such realistic dreams are possible as to deceive a person as to their state of waking or dreaming.

Attack 4: Shoot yourself in the head if anything strange happens to indicate you're "dreaming" because thats what you do when things feel strange and it is important to be "awake" for some reason. DiCaprio nearly shoots himself in the head based on only a spinning top that spins a little longer than usual.

Attack 5: "How would you like to Go Home". "Just like inception". "Simply Enough". "So do you want to take a leap of faith (later connected to suicide), or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die." (It implies that you either become an old man or you take a leap of faith implying you don't become an old man if you do, nor will you be filled with regret, and you won't wait to die. This makes it even more obvious that its regarding suicidal suggestions.

Saito seems like a representation of Satan in this scene with his goal of wanting to split up the empire of "The father". He can't be trusted but wants the individual to take a leap of faith.

Attack 6: "I found a way home" "You are here to corrupt" "You have to let them decide for themselves" "Come back to reality" suggesting that they are not in reality still, no matter how mundane it is. Dicaprio says "This is a chance to build cathedrals, make things that havent existed before, which isn't possible in this world" while it mentions things that are possible to do in this world, it says it isnt possible to accomplish things in this world, and puts emphasis on making big things as something important.

Attack 7: "Dreams feel real while we are in them, right?" causing agreement with the statement "It is only after we "wake up" (connected with suicide) that we realize something was strange." "You can't remember the beginning of a dream, you end up in the middle, so how did we end up here?" This suggests that if you can't remember something, the beginning, or how you got where you are you are dreaming and need to "wake up". "We're dreaming?" "We're actually" somewhere that she can't tell that she is based on visual evidence. "Because its never just a dream is it. A face full of glass hurts like hell while you're in it it feels real." So basically this suggests that even your sense perception isn't real enough, and that even pain sensation means you are dreaming. So it breaks down yet another area of how one establishes "reality" by saying even pain sensation is "unreal" but "feels real" and isn't.

Attack 8: "We got the basic layout, bookstore, cafe, almost everything else is here too" and it all looks real in complete detail, basically indicating normal reality is a dream. Ariadne asks "Who are the people?" and Dicaprio replies "projections of my subconscious" "you can literally talk to my subconscious" even though they are just ordinary people. "Why are they all looking at me?" "Because they feel someone else is creating..." This message makes even people looking at someone strangely make them doubt their reality. "Its my subconscious, remember I can't control it" so this answers the question anyone has about why people behave normally and independently as proof that they are individual and unique, again it tries to break down a persons way of determining what is real. "Memories are the easiest way to lose grasp on what is real and what is a dream", this makes a person doubt even their own memories and suggests that by remembering things they are only convincing themselves they aren't dreaming when they actually are.

Attack 9: "Why couldn't I wake up" or "Why can't I wake up" and he says "because there was still some "time on the clock" and you can't wake up from...the dream...unless you die." "Time on the clock" is a reference to having life left to live, and again it quickly states the suggestion that "you can't wake up from the "dream" while you still have life left in you, so you must die in order to wake up. In this case it depicts life as a nightmare and suggests death is the only viable option for escape. "I don't know if you can't see what is going on or don't want to" a quick suggestion to give two options to indicate a person is choosing to continue to decieve themselves by living normally. "Reality is not going to be enough for her now" seems to be a suggestion for us, even though they've broken down every aspect of reality completely, now they say that it "isn't enough now".

Attack 10: "He has no imagination" "Not like you" "You need imagination to perform inception (graduation)" We probably believe we qualify, since we have imagination, and he just got through making it seem bad not to have imagination calling someone who doesn't qualify a "stick in the mud" and a quick suggestion "not like you" so that we don't identify with having no imagination which is impossible anyway. By giving the "qualifier" as something everyone has but making it seem precious, they are telling us we qualify for "inception" or graduating from "the dream" by suicide. Dicaprio asks if he has tried it, and he says we got the idea in place but it "didn't take". He then talks about planting an idea in the head, but says "its not just about depth" but it sounds pretty clearly like he says "death" after repeat and careful listening. Then he suggests "you need the simplest version of the idea, in order for it to grow naturally, in your subjects mind." The key words there are "you need, the idea, to grow naturally, in your, mind". Then he says "so what is this idea that you need to plant". Again the key words are "this idea, you, need".

Big number 13 on gambling table, the gambler quickly does a satan hand symbol the same as the earlier buddhist mudra for demon control.

I think that when they say "father" they are talking about their idea of "God". So then he says "You need to start at the most basic", "the relationship with the father". They didn't say "his father" or "their father", but "the father". It seems true that if someone wanted to convince someone to commit suicide that they would start with causing them to doubt their "relationship with their father" or "God". This also indicates they are targeting people who refer to or think of "God" as "God the father" or "the father". They also made statements earlier about taking down the fathers "monopoly" and "empire", basically a way to suggest or indicate an attack on the "Kingdom of God" who is depicted as weak, old, unable to support himself, and always dissapointed and never proud of his "children" while having vast power and an giant empire. This theme is common in many messages including Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series.

Attack 11: "Not dreaming now are you?" followed by a dream like chase sequence, a person gets shot with no wound, people look like they are the subconscious mind mentioned earlier, he gets stuck between two tight walls just like happens in some dreams, the bullets dont seem to harm him but frighten him. This is to suggest to a person that they are currently dreaming. This will also possibly trigger in case of any violence which has now been suggested multiple times as an indication of non reality and that one can only escape with suicide.

Attack 12: "I tried not to come but..." "but there is nothing quite like it" This is a suggestion to make a person feel they can't resist returning to the ideas suggested by the movie no matter how hard they "try" or "try not to" think about it or return to the ideas. Then there is a suggestion that the "levels" of a dream can be as big as "anything" including an "entire city" but "they have to be complicated enough that we can hide from the projections" this suggests that complexity indicates a dream too. "Cities" and "Complexities" exist in the real world, but they suggest these are also dreamlike qualities and not real, but a trick to hide from "projections". They suggest that "what you see" in someone is "just a projection" of them and that they may even be "dead" already.

Attack 13: "A dream within a dream" no a "dream within a dream within a dream" suggesting that you are never "quite" awake. "Theres no room for tourists on a job like this" "this time there seems there is" suggesting that we, the viewers, are like tourists, and that "this time" "there is" room for us to join in this mission. "I will show you" but "perhaps you will not want to see." This suggests the viewer may be fearful about accepting that they are dreaming currently. "They come every day to share the dream" this suggests that "every day" we are "sharing a dream" with each other, repeating the suggestion that we are currently "dreaming" and this is what we would "not want to see". "They come here every day to sleep" "No, they come to be woken up" "The dream has become their reality" "Who are you to say otherwise?". This suggests that our waking state is sleeping, that we are in the process of being "woken up", that our waking state is dreaming, that reality is a dream, and that none of us have the right to object to those statements or suggestions of "truth".day we are sleeping.

Attack 14: "You know how to find me" followed by her laying her head on a train track and about to commit suicide, then she says "You know what you have to do." This suggests that the way to find the one you love, miss, or want to find is through suicide and that we "know" that we "have to" "do" it. Dicaprio doubts his reality and feels he is still dreaming even after an implied suicide in his last dream, he bases reality on only a spinning top.

Attack 15: "You ask me for inception, I do hope you understand the gravity of that request" Meaning that "graduating" from life is of great importance and weight. Then Dicaprio continues to suggest "the seed we plant in this man's mind will grow into an idea, this idea will define him" "it may come to change, it may come to change, everything about him". "The world needs Robert Fischer to change his mind". This seems to be a suggestion that they are currently accomplishing planting a seed in the viewers mind that will grow into an idea that will define the person and that we should "come to change" everything about ourselves based on the seed they are planting. The seed they are planting is pretty obvious, that reality is a dream and suicide is the only way to "wake up".

Saito's objectives seem like Satan's trying to split up the "Energy Empire" of the "the Father" which "Half of the world" seems to be under. They talk about Fischers relationship to his "father" as "complicated", a statement that everyone can agree to since it doesn't say if its good or bad, just that its complex. Again, I believe this is a reference to a person's relationship to God.

Then they further make it clear that the word "father" is to be connected to "God" by continuing to talk about the "God Father" of Fischer. The "God Father" character is supposed to be the "active God" the one that Fischer "believes in" and needs to learn to mistrust, while coming to falsely believe that the "real God" or his "real father" had different wishes for him and wished that Fischer would "be his own man and not follow him" This is a basic satanic principle, and does not represent the "father's" actual request in the movie but the idea they are attempting to plant in the mind of Fischer. They suggest further that the real God "doesn't even notice" us, doesn't love us, is dissapointed in us. The "God Father" character is the new and active "Father" figure who is going to be impersonated by another person who will "adopt his mannerisms" in order to trick Fischer into believe it is his "God Father" then the imposter will "suggest concepts to the conscious mind" and then Fischers own "projection" of the "God Father" "should, should" "feed those ideas back to him" so then they say "So he gives himself the idea", then they say "That's the only way it will stay, he has to see himself generate it."

Attack 16: "It's getting worse" "I need to get home, that's all I care about right now" "Why can't you go home?". This is to suggest to a person that they should only care about "getting home" which has been connected "planting the idea" and "waking up" which is "suicide". Then they say "I will split up my Father's Empire". Then they say "Subconscious is motivated by emotion right? Not reason." "His relationship with his father is stressed to say the least" "We need Robert Fischer to have a positive emotional reaction to all this" "Ok we'll try this" "My Father accepts that I want to create for myself and not follow in his footsteps" seems to have obvious religious connotations.

While saying "My Father accepts that I want to create for myself and not follow in his footsteps" The character who says it is doing the horned hand sign.

Attack 17: "I will not follow in my fathers footsteps" "I will create something for myself" "My father doesn't want me to be him". "Who would want to be stuck in a dream for 10 years?" is a suggestion that even 10 years is too long to live. "Once we make the plant, how do we get out? I'm hoping you have something more elegant in mind than shooting me in the head?" This suggests that "getting out" is important and that there is a more "elegant" way of "getting out" than having someone else shoot you in the head. The "Kick" seems to be "synchronized" with "music" in order to motivate a person to "wake up".

Attack 18: "You know how to find me" "You know what you have to do" repeating the earlier suggestions again. Then it suggests if you aren't able to accomplish what you wanted, that it is bad and breaking your promise. Then they say "Why are you doing this to yourself?" and the reply "It is the only way I can dream", but it seems to be suggesting "Dreaming is the only way I can keep living" and that it is a mistake or self torture to continue to live. She then says "Why is it so important to dream?" but they have connected the idea of "dreaming" with "living" and "remembering" and "reality", and then suggest it is more important to "stop dreaming" and "wake up". "These aren't just dreams, these are memories" suggesting that now even memories are a false anchor to reality and are included in the dream states. "You're trying to keep her alive, you can't let her go" seems to suggest that one "shouldn't keep alive" and should "let go". Then he says "These are moments that I regret, these are moments I have to change". "If I'm ever going to see their faces again, I've got to get back home, to the real world" suggests that "going home" is the only way to find lost loved ones and that the way to do this is to "plant the idea" in the mind and "wake up" to the "real world" which is different from the "dream world" which seems real but isn't real enough.

Attack 19: "Do you know what it is to be a lover? To be half of a whole?" "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away, you know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure, but it doesn't matter, how can it not matter to you where the train will take you?" "Because we'll be together again". This is a suggestion that we are ignorant and incomplete, that we are waiting for a "train" which is the method of suicide that she uses, we don't know where the "suicide" will take us, but it doesn't matter because "we'll be together" or you'll be "whole" again by taking the risk or "leap of faith" and comitting suicide. "You promised, you promised, you said we would be together" "I'll come back for you, I promise"

Attack 20: "Do you think you can just build a prison of memories to lock her in?" Key words "think" "memories" "prison". That memories are like a "prison" and that they can't keep us living and it is implied that it is bad to hold on to memories or people because it is "locking" them or "imprisoning" them. It suggests that people are imprisoned in the real world represented by memories and that they should be "released" because they can't be "contained". Then it says "It is time" "Morris Fischer just died" and it sounds like he said "in sin".

Attack 21: "Get us another seat on the plane", the plane is a metaphor similar to the train, the other seat is for Ariadne who "understands" what he is "struggling with". Then they are standing infront of the plane, and says to Saito who seems to be a representation of Satan "If I get on this plane and you don't honor our agreement, when we land, I go to jail for the rest of my life." Jail seems to represent hell.

Attack 22: One character comes to kill Saito who is feeling physical pain in the dream due to being shot. He says "Well let's put him out of his misery" "He's in agony, I'm waking him up" "When we die in a dream we wake up" "No" "Right, so what happens when we die?" "We drop into limbo" "Well what the hell is down there?" "How long could we be stuck there?" "Decades, could be infinite, I don't know" "So you knew about these risks and didn't tell us?" "I did what I had to do" "We do the job as fast as possible and get out using the kick" "Each and every one of us will be killed, that I can guarantee" "We have no other choice but to continue on and do it as fast as possible" "Downwards is the only way forwards" "Get Ready".

Attack 23: "When you wake up, you won't even remember we had an arrangement" "Limbo will become your reality" "You're going to be lost so long that you'll become an old man" "Filled with regret". "Lost track of reality" "Limbo became her reality" "Something was wrong" "She became possessed by an idea, one simple idea, that changed everything." "That our world wasn't real, that she needed to "wake up" to come back to reality", that in order to get "back home" we had to kill ourselves". "If this is a dream why can't I control this" "Because you don't know you're dreaming" "She was certain" "There was nothing I could do no matter how much I begged, no matter how much I pleaded, she wanted to do it but she could not do it alone...so she came up with a plan" "If you jump, you're not going to wake up remember? You're going to die" "Come out on the ledge" "I'm asking you to take a leap of faith" "I freed you from the guilt of choosing to leave them" "We're going home, to our real children" "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away, you know where you hope this train will take you, but you're not sure, but it doesn't matter, because you'll be together." "You have to forgive yourself". This is just a recap of the basic ideas that had been suggested throughout the movie, where all our prior suggestions are clarified as to their meaning and reference, that the "simple idea" as always "suicide".

Attack 24: "Now we have to shift his animosity from his father to his "God Father". "You're going to destroy his one positive relationship?" "No, we repair his relationship with his father whilst exposing his "God" Fathers true nature. "It's a Gambit designed to turn Fischer against his own subconscious" "It involves telling the mark he is dreaming" "So now you've noticed how much time Cobb spends doing things he says never to do" "Accept the fact that you are in a dream and I am here to protect you". Then Dicaprio murders two people and gives Fischer a gun which Fischer puts to his own head and says "If this is a dream, I should just kill myself and wake up, right?" "If you pull that trigger, you may not wake up" "You might go into a further dream state" "What do you mean? A dream within a dream?"

Attack 25: Dicaprio is killing people and Ariadne asks "Are you destroying those parts of his mind?" and he replies "No, no, those are just projections". "She is not real" "How do you know that?" "She is just a projection" "Fischer, Fischer is real". "There is something you should know about me" "About inception" "An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious, the smallest seed of an idea can grow, it can grow to define or destroy you" "The smallest idea is a chance your world is not real, a simple little thought that changes everything, so certain of your world, of whats real, do you think he is?" "I know what's real" "No creeping doubts?" "Admit it, you don't believe in one reality anymore, so choose, choose to be "here", choose me" "I'm going to go up above" "What if you're wrong, what if I'm what's real? You keep telling yourself what you know, but what do you believe, what do you feel?" "The idea, that caused you to question your reality came from me" "You planted the idea in my mind?" "She had locked something away, something, something deep inside, the truth that she had once known but chose to forget" "She couldn't break free" "Going deep into the recess of her mind...I found that secret place, and I broke in, and I planted an idea, a simple little idea, that would change everything" "That her world wasn't real"

"That death was the only escape" Then they show a scene where they are laying their heads on train tracks, and he says "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away, you know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't know for sure, yet it doesn't matter, now tell me why!" and she says "Because you and I will be together" and her head is crushed. She wakes up and he says "But I never knew that idea would grow in her mind like a cancer that even after she woke, even after you came back to reality, that you continued to believe your world wasn't real, that death was the only escape" "You infected my mind." "I was trying to save you" "You betrayed me" She then stabs him "Does this feel real" and then Ariadne shoots her and kicks Fischer off the room and his death wakes him up to another level of the dream, which doesn't totally make sense since they established it was supposed to send them deeper into limbo, but maybe once they are in limbo it sends them back up. Then the "father" says "dissapointed" and Fischer says "I know dad, you were dissapointed I couldn't be you" and the "father" says "no, I was dissapointed that you tried". Then the other character watching from behind smiles and explodes them both with a bomb and kills himself as well. Meanwhile the other character kills them all in a self imposed elavator accident, then Ariadne jumps off a building to commit suicide and "wake up". "We had our time together, and I have to let you go, I have to let you go"

Attack 26: Fischer says "You know "the will" means that dad wanted me to be my own man, not just to live for him, thats what I'm going to do" "Have you come to kill me?" "Impossible, we were young men together, I'm an old man" "Filled with regret" "waiting to die alone" "I've come back for you, to remind you, of something, something you once knew, that this world is not real" "to convince me to honor our arrangement" "to take a leap of faith, yes" "Come back, so we can be young men together again" Then Saito, takes a gun and it implies he kills himself and they wake up.

Attack 27: Finally the movie concludes, without finding out if Dicaprio is still dreaming or not, with strong implications that he is still dreaming since his children are depicted exactly the same as his last memory and we're never shown the spinning top stop spinning. An additional weirdness is they make entering the United States like a "dream come true". Dicaprios character never seems to check if the spinning top stops or not.

After observing all this, I found that I had drastically lost track of time and the sun had already set. I think that the movie spends a little too much effort on trying to suggest things, that could be especially dangerous for those who already have mental issues. I hope the suggestions are obvious, these are the ones I found. Basically they repeatedly suggest suicide constantly throughout the movie, almost relentlessly.

The first level is beautiful "We're asleep" it starts collapsing.

The second level has violence but looks even more mundane and realistic than the last but something (the carpet) doesnt feel the same and Saito says "Which means I'm still dreaming"

so first it showed a gawdy type beautiful place and said that isnt real, then it showed a dirty type place with violence and said that isnt real, so already a person is told kind of that ever more typical or realistic realities are not real to slowly introduce the idea that our own reality may not be "real"
abrahimesker: and then placing alot of value on what is "real" by making it important to "wake up" and escape what isn't real

By making each dream state practically mundane, it confuses the audience into thinking that dreams can be as convincing as reality.

the way I got over any brainwashing in this movie was by realizing that the real trick wasnt the You are dreaming message but the "it is important to wake up" theme its very sneaky they put alot of importance on waking up

oh yeah it wasnt that serious but im just saying that if anyone did get influenced badly it probably wasnt the overt message so much as the implied one

of placing importance on waking up, so if a person realizes that it isnt important if a person is dreaming or not, and waking up isnt important or valuable, then the "programming" if there was any quickly loses its subconscious PUNCH

Each level is realistic, even if it seems strange at times. This is dangerous because it can convince people that even normal reality can be a dream and if something strange happens its definitely a dream.

___

Michael Caine makes a "truth" statement: "You're here to corrupt" and Dicaprio says "You have to let them decide for themselves"

They say that even "pain" "feels real" but isn't. That is coupled with "details" and "differences" "violence" "strange occurances" "mundane reality" "ordinary people" "people looking at you" "cities" "complexity" all things that people may encounter normally as indications of the "unreal" and "dreaming"
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP