Users Online Now: 1,714 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 826,205
Pageviews Today: 1,417,784Threads Today: 546Posts Today: 10,191
03:49 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone know a lot about Model 1894 30-30 Winchesters?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have a model 1894 30-30 Winchester. I'm going winter camping this weekend and bringing it along. The thing is, it is 101 years old and hasn't been fired in 25+ years. It was stored well, and has no pitting or tarnishing. The bore is smooth and clean, and the action works like crap through a goose. There are no cracks or damage anywhere, the metal is sound. I bought some ammo for it and cycled a round out at the range last 2 weeks ago. It advanced fine from the tube mag and in to the action(lever down), but when I pushed the lever up it almost seemed like the bullet was a little too long. It got stuck on a slight angle, but with a slight jiggle it went all the way in. I was just wondering if there are different types of 30-30 ammo, and maybe the stuff I bought was chambered wrong? Or if you buy ammo for a 30-30, is it universal? I asked at the hunting store for ammo for a 30-30 Winchester lever action and that is what they gave me. It also extracted properly too, I just didn't want to chance a mishap. Any advice would be appreciated as I have never shot this gun before and I REALLY want to try it out. Just concerned as it is quite old.

SDM
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP