Users Online Now: 2,282 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,417,689
Pageviews Today: 2,045,074Threads Today: 571Posts Today: 11,046
04:39 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject is american football a masonic ritual?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ok i have speculated about this for some time now and have not been able to locate any information online about it. so all i have to go on is my own observations and conjecture.

what really got me started on this was the masonic symbolism of a black and white checkerboard (chess board). the black and white pattern is reflected in the uniforms of the officials. there are alternating black and white stripes.

the game itself is very ritualistic in nature. there are rules for everything and the nature of the game is very disciplined.

nothing..i mean NOTHING happens in a football game until the refs say so. after every down the officials physically handle the ball and place it back on the field. every running play has the refs spot the ball. every catch first has to be ruled official by the refs...then they spot it.

football is a game of measurement. in fact...it is the only game where huge crowds (for college games these can be 100k +) will go insane over a spot. ive seen people literally explode out of their seats at a favorable spot. when they bring the chains out to measure a first down it can lead to incredible exuberance or despair...all depending on where the ball is placed.

football crowds can oscillate back and forth between wild cheering or anger within a few seconds.

this generates a LOT of emotional energy contained in one place. it makes me wonder if this energy is channeled and used as the outcome of the ritual. in fact...if the game is fixed the crowd's sentiment can be manipulated over the spot of the ball (again back to measurement).

im not sure what the concept of measurement means to masons. however their symbol is a compass and a square, both of which are used to measure things.

a football field is 100 yards long. a yard is made up of 3 feet...making the total length of the field 300 feet. i don't know if there is a significance to this specific number...however i have heard that the number 3 is important somehow.

in america...football is huge. so many people either follow the NFL or their college team. even some high schools have a massive following of fans (fanatics).

an outcome of a game can have lingering effects over a city for some time after the game is over. i live in the cleveland area...and consequently am surrounded by browns fans. for my foreign friends...the browns are a pretty shitty team in the NFL. however after a browns win people around here are happy for days. after a crushing loss people are depressed for days. they mostly lose.

im not sure if this has something to do with it. however a well fixed game can insure that many people in a city (or even an entire state for a college game) will be either in a good mood or bad mood depending on outcome.

again...i have no links about this...it is simply a theory of mine. i would love to hear some good ol GLP input about this though.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP