Users Online Now: 2,000 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,870,592
Pageviews Today: 2,764,714Threads Today: 750Posts Today: 15,706
10:35 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Music can still save the world; IT'S NOT TOO LATE!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message If you remember the '60's (at least partially), then you remember that the idea was that music could save the world! There was a great movement in those days, and even if you weren't there for it, I'm certain you have heard it's legacy. The music that sprang forth in the '60's and '70's, inspired by the concepts of free expression of the musician's inner truth, is immortal.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Music can change the world through the simple mechanism of listening. The whole trick is picking what to listen to... there's the rub. The music to which you listen creates an environment which then becomes a part of the foundation of your perception of your experience, or of your life. Careful choice here can make a huge difference down the road.

In order to demonstrate the principle I speak of, I have been fine tuning a music stream on Pandora.com. This is a service which allows you to create a 'station' that plays the music you like, based on your input. Suffice it to say that I have been listening to my station, called 'Countryfolk Rock', and diligently giving the thumbs up and down to the songs, until all it plays is really, really good stuff. The great thing is that you can share your stations, so I am sharing this one with you!

Here's the link: [link to www.pandora.com]

By the way, while I like this service, that is just my personal preference and I have no other interest in this service. I do have interest in helping people live a better life, and to this end I believe positive and inspired thought is the key to a better life.

Listen to the music and see for yourself. Perhaps a little change in perception is just the trick to change your life.

militia

Addendum: After logging out of Pandora.com and testing the posted link, I discovered that you have to register for a free account to actually listen to my station. Then my station is copied to your new account, and it is now yours to modify to you own taste. Pretty cool, actually!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP