Users Online Now: 1,606 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 182,794
Pageviews Today: 302,140Threads Today: 97Posts Today: 1,730
03:55 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I didn't get the job because I am caucasian/white. Your thoughts.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I had been doing a long term temp assignment since July 2010 and did an outstanding job. When I was contacted by the agency in July they told me there was a high probability that if I was successful in the position it would go full time.

I did an outstanding job for this company and received numerous compliments from my boss, clients and other upper management about how "outstanding" I was, complimenting my performance, work ethic, punctuality, etc. I was never sick, was a key holder and completely reliable. It was a very demanding position in an office that was incredibly busy, so busy in fact they expanded and added another floor in the building so I was running back and forth (client services) at a mad pace throughout the time I was there. I set up the offices on the second floor singlehandedly as well and received accolades for it. I was covering for a person who went out early with pregnancy complications until she had her child. Upon her return, I remained as the business was booming. My boss managed to work an additional position into the budget and get it approved so there was the slated full time, permanent position, however it was approved to begin in Feb 2011.

I was told I had to apply for the job like any person would, through their website. The position was opened internally first with a week deadline and after that it was posted on the job sites on the internet. My temporary assignment ended the second week of January 2011 and I applied after the internal applicant deadline has passed as no one had applied within the company for a transfer. Last week I had a telephone interview with the HR dept, submitted everything that was necessary and requested. Lots of brass had recommended my employment including several part owners of the company.

Then... nothing... until my boss (a caucasian woman) wrote me an email yesterday telling me they had hired someone else, a person with a latino/mexican name. I was shocked. There is not one person in HR who is white and they make the decisions for employment. My boss told me she was "sorry."

I am unsure what to think at this point in time. I had performed "stellar" in my duties and was totally loyal and reliable, never sick once, so many positive things about my performance. THey even called me back to work two days a week after my assigment had ended because of someone had taken two vacation days and they just happened to be the the two busiest days of the month.

Don't want to type a book, but I am curious as to what you all think about this. Is white the new minority? I feel I have been discriminated against no doubt, I was already doing the job for so long and so well for them.

My bosses boss was black and she didn't seem to want to get to know me, just had me do things like call cabs for her, etc. She worked out of the same office as HR. There was already a "minority" in our office who was a Malcom X follower and it seemed that she had a sister type relationship with the boss of my boss.

I am not racist and have always been that way. I just cannot believe I was encouraged to apply for this position, basically lead to believe the technicality to apply was what exactly that, the position was basically created to add me to the office and HR (offsite office in another state) proceeded to hire a non white person after I had been working it for so long and so well for them.

Where I am is still the worst in the US for jobs so this isn't a time I can easily just find another position. I am rather devastated.

THanks for your input. Peace.

Spazz
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP